• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:03
CEST 13:03
KST 20:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9074 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 123

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 1885 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2015 11:58 GMT
#2441
TIL Weiwei is a name. But now wei is banned so I'll have to wait if he has any comments.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2015 12:42 GMT
#2442
For Pokemon and BoI fans.
+ Show Spoiler [Fusion-ha!~] +
[image loading]
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
June 26 2015 12:48 GMT
#2443
On June 26 2015 20:58 mordek wrote:
TIL Weiwei is a name. But now wei is banned so I'll have to wait if he has any comments.


I'm sure he'll get back to you in September :D
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2015 13:09 GMT
#2444
On June 26 2015 21:48 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 20:58 mordek wrote:
TIL Weiwei is a name. But now wei is banned so I'll have to wait if he has any comments.


I'm sure he'll get back to you in September :D

Woooooow I didn't bother to check the ban thread. *whistles*
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 26 2015 13:23 GMT
#2445
where is the right place to disagree with the ban?
Other people since then have said almost the same thing without the disclaimer that they are un-knowledgeable.
I mean I am no weitooedgy fan but I disagree with this one.
especially because he was right: + Show Spoiler +
An influential Muslim cleric in Pakistan has decreed a fatwa that if "religious and expert" doctor advises, Muslims are allowed to break the rule of Ramadan, and drink water or take food during the daytime.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
June 26 2015 13:31 GMT
#2446
Song of the day:

- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 13:36:54
June 26 2015 13:36 GMT
#2447
On June 26 2015 22:23 ComaDose wrote:
where is the right place to disagree with the ban?
Other people since then have said almost the same thing without the disclaimer that they are un-knowledgeable.
I mean I am no weitooedgy fan but I disagree with this one.
especially because he was right: + Show Spoiler +
An influential Muslim cleric in Pakistan has decreed a fatwa that if "religious and expert" doctor advises, Muslims are allowed to break the rule of Ramadan, and drink water or take food during the daytime.

While factually wei2coolman's post may have been correct, its tone was overly hostile and threatened to offend some of the members of the community. LLL is alienating enough to a lot of LL posters as it is and we should strive to make it a family friendly place where nobody's feelings will get hurt.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
June 26 2015 13:40 GMT
#2448
On June 26 2015 18:22 Numy wrote:
I thought Ramadan gets suspended/delayed if there are extraneous circumstances. Is that only the more liberal Muslims that do that?

Yea, people can skip fasting and do it on a later date if they can't do it currently. But I don't think I have heard about entire Ramadan getting suspended though. But then again I am what you would call a liberal Muslim anyway.
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 13:46:09
June 26 2015 13:45 GMT
#2449
On June 26 2015 22:36 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 22:23 ComaDose wrote:
where is the right place to disagree with the ban?
Other people since then have said almost the same thing without the disclaimer that they are un-knowledgeable.
I mean I am no weitooedgy fan but I disagree with this one.
especially because he was right: + Show Spoiler +
An influential Muslim cleric in Pakistan has decreed a fatwa that if "religious and expert" doctor advises, Muslims are allowed to break the rule of Ramadan, and drink water or take food during the daytime.

While factually wei2coolman's post may have been correct, its tone was overly hostile and threatened to offend some of the members of the community. LLL is alienating enough to a lot of LL posters as it is and we should strive to make it a family friendly place where nobody's feelings will get hurt.

more like overtly hostile m i rite. wonder if it would have been okay without the second bit.

oh well here is hoping to an end of the drought in Pakistan
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 14:00:17
June 26 2015 13:47 GMT
#2450
On June 26 2015 17:22 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 15:48 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 26 2015 15:24 Parnage wrote:
On June 26 2015 15:07 Lord Tolkien wrote:
What the hell happened to the GOP primaries. What the flying fuck. It's literally a circus now. Clown car and all.

I don't even


May I ask why you care? Just taking a guess but I don't think you'd be hoping for any of the gop canidates, so what they do shouldn't really matter to you right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. If it makes you feel better, no one currently running for office looks at all worthwhile to me.

I would prefer there to be actual substance and potentially some actual competition in the election, as opposed to a landslide. And I generally do keep an open mind on things, especially considering the two parties aren't really that different from each other. Eg, I was fairly split on McCain vs Obama in 2008 (until I CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM MUH HAUS), which is a good thing.

While no, it is highly unlikely that I will vote for any GOP candidate (perhaps Jeb Bush, if the stars align), the current menagerie of candidates is just dismal. Like, the fact Rick Perry can be counted amongst the saner candidates really says something.

Seriously, Jindal of all people. He's more washed up than a beached whale carcass. He's running on HOPE AND CHANGE fumes from 2008. Any possible support for him was killed by his catastrophically bad handling of Louisiana, to the point where the state GOP are revolting and distancing themselves as far as possible from him.

The fact that Bernie Sanders is, at this rate, likely going to be Clinton's toughest opponent is at once immensely heartening and deeply depressing.
What's the deal with Bernie Sanders, by the way? I've seen a bunch of his quotes on Imgur, but for the most part the internet is a Bernie Sanders anti-republican circlejerk, so I have no idea how much he deserves the office due to political acumen as opposed to riding the wave of frustration with the government by saying what people want to hear. Is he a deservingly legit candidate right now, or just riding the wave of the internet?


At this point, I am fully supportive of Bernie. I don't agree with everything he says, but he is a person I actually respect (which is saying a lot when it comes to politicians).

He has a consistent voting record over the last 30 years he has been in office. He does not have or want a super PAC, and is vehemently against the big money trend in today's politics. He has refused to be baited by the media into speaking negatively about his opponents personally, but has rather focused on the actual issues (a good display of this was a Yahoo interview he did with Katie Kourick). He is against constant war. He is against jailing people for non violent crimes. He wants every working person to be able to make a living wage.

He does not come from a history of money. He understands and openly speaks about how fucked up our system is (he's an independent, but will not run as such because he realizes the two party, first past the post system is inherently broken). He is very open about the fact that there are many things America could be doing better, and we should look to European countries with better standards of living for middle/lower class for ideas. He has integrity.

Again, I don't agree with all of his ideas, and my biggest concern is that he's a bit old (although only a handful of years older than Hillary). But I think he could do a lot of good in this country.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 13:55:20
June 26 2015 13:53 GMT
#2451
On June 26 2015 22:45 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 22:36 Scip wrote:
On June 26 2015 22:23 ComaDose wrote:
where is the right place to disagree with the ban?
Other people since then have said almost the same thing without the disclaimer that they are un-knowledgeable.
I mean I am no weitooedgy fan but I disagree with this one.
especially because he was right: + Show Spoiler +
An influential Muslim cleric in Pakistan has decreed a fatwa that if "religious and expert" doctor advises, Muslims are allowed to break the rule of Ramadan, and drink water or take food during the daytime.

While factually wei2coolman's post may have been correct, its tone was overly hostile and threatened to offend some of the members of the community. LLL is alienating enough to a lot of LL posters as it is and we should strive to make it a family friendly place where nobody's feelings will get hurt.

more like overtly hostile m i rite. wonder if it would have been okay without the second bit.

oh well here is hoping to an end of the drought in Pakistan


Wei has a history of hate speech(anti-semitic last time I think) so I'm sure that factored in to it a lot. If you have recent mod notes or repeating the same type of offense they take it a lot more seriously.

Looking into it more it doesn't seem like the fasting is to blame for the deaths compared to the terrible conditions of the area that the government has just completely ignored for a long time. This world is so depressing sometimes. This is why the universe gave us Moe anime :D

On June 26 2015 22:40 SHr3DD3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 18:22 Numy wrote:
I thought Ramadan gets suspended/delayed if there are extraneous circumstances. Is that only the more liberal Muslims that do that?

Yea, people can skip fasting and do it on a later date if they can't do it currently. But I don't think I have heard about entire Ramadan getting suspended though. But then again I am what you would call a liberal Muslim anyway.


Ah K because I was almost certain I remember some of my friends not fasting during certain stressful periods(serious project work/exams etc.) at uni and instead doing it at another time. They pretty liberal though so just wanted to check if it was a thing or they just bending the rules.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2015 14:10 GMT
#2452
I am hardcore on the struggle bus.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2015 14:10 GMT
#2453
On June 26 2015 22:36 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 22:23 ComaDose wrote:
where is the right place to disagree with the ban?
Other people since then have said almost the same thing without the disclaimer that they are un-knowledgeable.
I mean I am no weitooedgy fan but I disagree with this one.
especially because he was right: + Show Spoiler +
An influential Muslim cleric in Pakistan has decreed a fatwa that if "religious and expert" doctor advises, Muslims are allowed to break the rule of Ramadan, and drink water or take food during the daytime.

While factually wei2coolman's post may have been correct, its tone was overly hostile and threatened to offend some of the members of the community. LLL is alienating enough to a lot of LL posters as it is and we should strive to make it a family friendly place where nobody's feelings will get hurt.

Who are you and what did you do with Scip?
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
June 26 2015 14:14 GMT
#2454
rofl wei2bannedman

anyone here listen to black coffee? numy? I'm seeing him on Sunday in Brooklyn!!!
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 26 2015 14:15 GMT
#2455
Its still scip he just got a little more sarcastic/sassy
On June 26 2015 23:10 mordek wrote:
I am hardcore on the struggle bus.

About your job? Don't stress it im sure they are aware that you are in a position of not enough training/support and will appreciate all the good work im sure you are doing. I feel like I don't need to tell you to not be afraid to ask questions. Also fuck it its friday do your best then get your head on strait for your TRIATHLON TOMORROW!! your gonna kill it!
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 14:17:04
June 26 2015 14:16 GMT
#2456
Can anyone give a layman's explanation on why the presidential candidate matters? From what i can gather all the policy/law making power comes from congress and the State Legislature. What can a president do?

@JG - I have no idea who that is.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 14:22:03
June 26 2015 14:20 GMT
#2457
On June 26 2015 23:15 ComaDose wrote:
Its still scip he just got a little more sarcastic/sassy
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2015 23:10 mordek wrote:
I am hardcore on the struggle bus.

About your job? Don't stress it im sure they are aware that you are in a position of not enough training/support and will appreciate all the good work im sure you are doing. I feel like I don't need to tell you to not be afraid to ask questions. Also fuck it its friday do your best then get your head on strait for your TRIATHLON TOMORROW!! your gonna kill it!

Coma,
a) you're awesome
b) I've been trying to just do my job and do my best and I like the attitude. part of me hates not feeling competent but it's a growing opportunity
c) I've been looking for other jobs since before I was hired full-time from temp position lol, I'm just not sure this is a good fit for me and I've spent 3 years debating it
d) I made it to merger day which means I got my fat bonus lined up and I have vacation starting mid-next week and I die a little inside thinking about coming back afterwards for even two weeks.
e) on the flip side, I'm just ready to take the golden shackles off and live my life
f) I'm going to kill this tri with big grin on my face. I was trying to think of a way to rep TL but I'm going in only my trunks
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2015 14:33 GMT
#2458
On June 26 2015 23:16 Numy wrote:
Can anyone give a layman's explanation on why the presidential candidate matters? From what i can gather all the policy/law making power comes from congress and the State Legislature. What can a president do?

@JG - I have no idea who that is.

Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 26 2015 15:04 GMT
#2459
So when I give in my rent check I need to give my 30 day notice at the same time. Shit's getting real, up until this point the whole "moving in" thing was just kind of a cute idea.

Man I hope she doesn't hate me after we live together.
It's your boy Guzma!
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
June 26 2015 15:09 GMT
#2460
On June 27 2015 00:04 Requizen wrote:
So when I give in my rent check I need to give my 30 day notice at the same time. Shit's getting real, up until this point the whole "moving in" thing was just kind of a cute idea.

Man I hope she doesn't hate me after we live together.


Better now than later buddy

I'm sure it'll be fine!

- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM603
IndyStarCraft 141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 603
Lowko416
IndyStarCraft 141
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 4998
Stork 2087
Horang2 508
Jaedong 480
Soulkey 394
BeSt 352
Mini 255
Larva 240
Soma 239
Zeus 226
[ Show more ]
Last 124
sorry 114
Mind 94
ZerO 83
Pusan 82
Hyun 76
Sexy 46
Shinee 33
soO 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 14
zelot 10
yabsab 6
Britney 1
Dota 2
Gorgc4187
XcaliburYe220
XaKoH 218
canceldota53
Dendi3
Counter-Strike
byalli636
Other Games
gofns30474
singsing1976
Coldzera 690
Happy369
Pyrionflax232
B2W.Neo120
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 8
• Light_VIP 7
• Gemini_19 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV355
League of Legends
• Jankos3488
Upcoming Events
Online Event
57m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 57m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.