• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8204 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5107

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5162 Next
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 00:23:19
May 31 2015 00:22 GMT
#102121
Wrong thread.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
May 31 2015 00:38 GMT
#102122
On May 31 2015 08:56 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2015 08:40 Crusnik wrote:
Leveling a smurf in dota is terrible. so many games to get to 13 zzzz


Why are you trying to level a smurf for ranked?


No real reason, I just want another one to practice stuff/see if calibration can be done better since 2.8k solo is fucking terrible. Also teaches me to fight more because noobs can't do anything but 5man mid.

Worst part is that I have had 1 game so far where someone else speaks English, last two were strictly Russian and Portuguese/Spanish.
Steam: rook492
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 00:46:38
May 31 2015 00:46 GMT
#102123
On May 31 2015 09:38 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2015 08:56 red_ wrote:
On May 31 2015 08:40 Crusnik wrote:
Leveling a smurf in dota is terrible. so many games to get to 13 zzzz


Why are you trying to level a smurf for ranked?


No real reason, I just want another one to practice stuff/see if calibration can be done better since 2.8k solo is fucking terrible. Also teaches me to fight more because noobs can't do anything but 5man mid.

Worst part is that I have had 1 game so far where someone else speaks English, last two were strictly Russian and Portuguese/Spanish.


If your rank is so terrible, why do you need to create a smurf just to get into more terrible games? You can easily experiment in that ranking if you didn't care so much about how bad you are. I feel like I'm not understanding something here, but I'm pretty sure I understand that it makes absolutely no sense.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 01:06:07
May 31 2015 01:00 GMT
#102124
It's mostly because it's a chore to bring my solo in line in my party more than anything. I'm also really bad on mid heroes/being active. I doubt I'll get it to 13 which is when I can play ranked before I go to TI, but I'm slightly hoping

Oh man, time to read every post by Beesa in the AM thread, friend gave me golden AM bashers ^^
Steam: rook492
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 31 2015 01:57 GMT
#102125
On May 31 2015 09:15 mordek wrote:
Woah, madeon doing the HotS launch event.

There's a launch event?
Also horryshet would watch.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 31 2015 02:15 GMT
#102126
On May 31 2015 08:45 Ketara wrote:
You know what I miss?

8 bit theater.

I LOVED 8 bit theater and everything else Klevinger or whatever his name is came out with afterwards made me sad and bored.


Man the good old days.

I miss VGCats.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 04:18:29
May 31 2015 02:27 GMT
#102127
In this post: a bunch of MTG shit most people don't care about.
+ Show Spoiler +

So one guy had a bunch of leftover DTK so we drafted DTKx3 instead of DTKx2 FRF. The prise for the winner was one pack of Modern Masters 2015 which I bought myself.

Draft goes mostly uneventfully. Pack 1 pick 1 was Shaman of the Forgotten Ways, then I got a bunch of decent red cards, so I figured may as well play Atarka. When I passed a Flatten and Pacifism later on I wondered if I was doing it right...
Pack 2 was a Twin Bolt so ultimately was considering dropping green but I picked a few decent creatures and a wheeled dragon. I passed an Epic Confrontation of an Atarka Efreet and another on my third pack first pick for a second mythic, Dragon Whisperer. Pretty solidly in G/R at this point, I got passed some hilarious cards like two Sarkhan's Rage and a Berserker's Onslaught.

The funniest thing about my deck was that I somehow managed to pick up nearly every ramp card possible in DTK.
Shaman of the Forgotten Ways
Savage Ventmaw
Circle of Elders
Hardened Berserker

Match 1 I was up against a guy who drafted B/R with a splash of white for surprise Secure the Wastes, Dash weenies, a whole bunch of warrior synergy, and Descent of the Dragons for good measure. Unfortunately for him he didn't really hit any of his combos when up against me and I managed to scrape by two wins after getting flooded G1. We also played one for fun and I managed to pull off a Savage Ventmaw/Shaman of Forgotten Wastes ---> Biorhythm combo. That one felt good.

Match 2 was against U/G...something? He managed to pull every counterspell in the format so I didn't get much dragon action in. We each took a game and then it was G3. He slow played his fliers like crazy while I missed my first 2-3 land drops (should have mulled my 2-land hand but I had Dragon Fodder and some other good stuff) and eventually I was able to stabilize. I only had a little health left and I knew he still had a counterspell so I let him counter my dragon again, waiting until next turn to cast Berserker's onslaught. I hardcasted Atarka Efreet to force him to block the inevitable huge double striker with the added bonus of Press the Advantage giving me a 7/3 double striker. My entire goal that game was to get him to 5 health as I was sitting on a Sarkhan's Rage and I then had him at three. Unfortunately, I was at 2 health, so one of if not the ONLY way to possibly draw in this format, and we hit it.

Honourable mention to Tail Slash by the way. I had one copy of it in my deck and I drew it for amazing value every single game.

We decided since I don't really play modern and am unlikely to actually USE the cards in the MM15 pack, he could have that assuming no massive value rare and I'd settle for a consolation DTK pack. We open the MM15 pack, and it's Vendilion Clique, the second highest value card in the entire set (after Tarmogoyf)!!!

He 'sold' me my share of the card, kept a foil Aethersnipe and gave me the DTK pack for good measure Surrak, the Hunt Caller, so all in all a pretty good day of drafting when I can go up against people who are way more experienced than me, make minimal mistakes and win (or draw) and pick up some huge value on the way.



Also Soniv, 'Salty Parasoul' voice pack. It's perfect.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
May 31 2015 12:43 GMT
#102128
Maybe I"m misreading the card but how can you use shaman of the wastes to fund biorhythm? It says you can only spend that mana on creature cards.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
May 31 2015 12:51 GMT
#102129
On May 31 2015 21:43 phyvo wrote:
Maybe I"m misreading the card but how can you use shaman of the wastes to fund biorhythm? It says you can only spend that mana on creature cards.

Shaman of Forgotten Ways has two abilities. The second is basically what the card Biorhythm does if you have more than 8 power worth of creatures in play.

Also Biorhythm has not been reprinted in like 10 years lol.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 31 2015 16:21 GMT
#102130
oh shit splatoon is on wii u?
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
May 31 2015 16:32 GMT
#102131
On June 01 2015 01:21 jcarlsoniv wrote:
oh shit splatoon is on wii u?

I thought it was a Wii U exclusive.

Am I wrong?
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
May 31 2015 16:32 GMT
#102132
On June 01 2015 01:21 jcarlsoniv wrote:
oh shit splatoon is on wii u?

Yeah. Exclusive baby!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 16:50:27
May 31 2015 16:43 GMT
#102133
oh really

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

almost tempted to buy it + a capture card
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
May 31 2015 16:51 GMT
#102134
I'd watch you stream it.

Although for some reason my computer doesn't like your stream if I watch you for extended amounts of time.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 31 2015 16:58 GMT
#102135
On June 01 2015 01:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
oh really

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

almost tempted to buy it + a capture card


Maybe you should do some more of this streaming you're always speaking of.

We'd watch Witcher III too. :D
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 31 2015 17:27 GMT
#102136
On June 01 2015 01:58 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 01:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
oh really

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

almost tempted to buy it + a capture card


Maybe you should do some more of this streaming you're always speaking of.

We'd watch Witcher III too. :D


I could stream some Witcher - kinda figured no one would be interested
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 31 2015 17:28 GMT
#102137
On June 01 2015 02:27 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 01:58 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 01 2015 01:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
oh really

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

almost tempted to buy it + a capture card


Maybe you should do some more of this streaming you're always speaking of.

We'd watch Witcher III too. :D


I could stream some Witcher - kinda figured no one would be interested


Clearly lack of interest should never stop anyone from streaming things. :D
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 17:42:05
May 31 2015 17:37 GMT
#102138
Soniv you need to realize that people don't watch your stream to see the game itself. I mean yes it obviously helps if you play a game that people are interested in, but people watch your stream for you.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
May 31 2015 17:37 GMT
#102139
Next webcomic recommendation.

Will Save World For Gold

Pixelated DnD shit.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
May 31 2015 17:38 GMT
#102140
On June 01 2015 02:37 Frudgey wrote:
Soniv you need to realize that people don't watch your stream to see the game itself. I mean yes it obviously helps if you play a game that people are interested, but people watch your stream for you.

This is pretty much what I told Wave 2 days ago.
Moderator
Prev 1 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 766
GuemChi 592
Leta 321
BeSt 217
Soma 176
Hyun 159
firebathero 127
Mong 76
910 51
sSak 38
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
PianO 23
yabsab 21
ZergMaN 19
HiyA 17
Noble 9
Shine 8
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9516
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King413
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister880
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe50
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick441
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt401
• Jankos293
Other Games
• Shiphtur410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 48m
Patches Events
7h 48m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.