• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:08
CEST 00:08
KST 07:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9251 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5108

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5162 Next
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 31 2015 17:41 GMT
#102141
On June 01 2015 02:37 Frudgey wrote:
Soniv you need to realize that people don't watch your stream to see the game itself. I mean yes it obviously helps if you play a game that people are interested, but people watch your stream for you.

I visit for the twitch chat to spread the dank meme cancer
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


User was warned for this post
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 31 2015 17:43 GMT
#102142
k - witcher

http://www.twitch.tv/jcarlsoniv
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 31 2015 17:46 GMT
#102143
I think I broke my finger. Or atleast jammed it really good. I was getting dressed for work with the ceiling fan on full speed because its finally getting hot, and my hand met the blades. It hasn't turned colors yet but it fucking hurts
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 31 2015 18:05 GMT
#102144
On June 01 2015 02:38 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 02:37 Frudgey wrote:
Soniv you need to realize that people don't watch your stream to see the game itself. I mean yes it obviously helps if you play a game that people are interested, but people watch your stream for you.

This is pretty much what I told Wave 2 days ago.

Ehhhh we talked about this and I don't agree necessarily. Yes the fact is that a fair number of people from OT watched me play Dark Souls because Wave + DS = hilarity and whatnot, and because there we people to talk to and interact with more people showed up as I streamed regularly, but the fact remains the 'pull' was Dark Souls. In this case the 'pull' would be The Witcher. I could stream MTGO or Isaac or whatever and I wouldn't get nearly as many viewers as last year because
a) fewer people in OT care about us streaming anymore + fewer people in OT in general
b) fewer people care about those specific games


I personally stream because I enjoy entertaining people and interacting with viewers, and it's not fun for me just to turn the stream on and see 3 people there and not talking, or no one there at all. It adds an invisible amount of extra effort/stress to playing games that wouldn't be there were I not broadcasting. I love that people want to watch either me or Soniv because it's 'us,' but the fact remains that we're not popular enough for more than 3-5 people to drop in and out at any one time, and certainly not enough to keep up the viewer interaction that I personally enjoy.

Now that I'm off I want to start streaming REGULARLY again just like last year, but my problem is I don't have a 'pull' that can get me to the same or even close to the level I was at last year. Right now the games I want to play are too sporadic/short, and I don't have a specific 'goal' that will keep me going through one gaming session for an extended amount of time. For Soniv, the Witcher is probably perfect in that regard, but I personally don't know if the game itself has enough 'pull.'
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 31 2015 18:06 GMT
#102145
Your stream are too high quality for me to watch ;(.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
May 31 2015 18:08 GMT
#102146
Was hesitant to start this basketball anime called "Kuroko's Basketball", mainly because the last sports anime I watched was Eyeshield 21, and thought it was pretty butt, but now that I'm waiting for NBA Finals to start soon, this is actually a pretty good way to fill in that void lolol.

I also heard Blood Battle Blockade is great too.
Forever Young
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 31 2015 18:14 GMT
#102147
On June 01 2015 03:08 sung_moon wrote:
Was hesitant to start this basketball anime called "Kuroko's Basketball", mainly because the last sports anime I watched was Eyeshield 21, and thought it was pretty butt, but now that I'm waiting for NBA Finals to start soon, this is actually a pretty good way to fill in that void lolol.

I also heard Blood Battle Blockade is great too.


You have no idea how good this show actually is. Currently all caught up and I want moooooore.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 18:19:57
May 31 2015 18:19 GMT
#102148
I couldn't figure out what you talking about since I only ever see it written in Japanese. It's a decent spectacle show if you like that. There are a few sports anime I really like. Chihayafuru, Saki, Girls und Panzer are my favs. There's cross game and prince of tennis too.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
May 31 2015 18:41 GMT
#102149
On June 01 2015 03:14 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 03:08 sung_moon wrote:
Was hesitant to start this basketball anime called "Kuroko's Basketball", mainly because the last sports anime I watched was Eyeshield 21, and thought it was pretty butt, but now that I'm waiting for NBA Finals to start soon, this is actually a pretty good way to fill in that void lolol.

I also heard Blood Battle Blockade is great too.


You have no idea how good this show actually is. Currently all caught up and I want moooooore.

Cixah models where?
It's your boy Guzma!
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
May 31 2015 18:52 GMT
#102150
On June 01 2015 03:05 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 02:38 TheYango wrote:
On June 01 2015 02:37 Frudgey wrote:
Soniv you need to realize that people don't watch your stream to see the game itself. I mean yes it obviously helps if you play a game that people are interested, but people watch your stream for you.

This is pretty much what I told Wave 2 days ago.

Ehhhh we talked about this and I don't agree necessarily. Yes the fact is that a fair number of people from OT watched me play Dark Souls because Wave + DS = hilarity and whatnot, and because there we people to talk to and interact with more people showed up as I streamed regularly, but the fact remains the 'pull' was Dark Souls. In this case the 'pull' would be The Witcher. I could stream MTGO or Isaac or whatever and I wouldn't get nearly as many viewers as last year because
a) fewer people in OT care about us streaming anymore + fewer people in OT in general
b) fewer people care about those specific games


I personally stream because I enjoy entertaining people and interacting with viewers, and it's not fun for me just to turn the stream on and see 3 people there and not talking, or no one there at all. It adds an invisible amount of extra effort/stress to playing games that wouldn't be there were I not broadcasting. I love that people want to watch either me or Soniv because it's 'us,' but the fact remains that we're not popular enough for more than 3-5 people to drop in and out at any one time, and certainly not enough to keep up the viewer interaction that I personally enjoy.

Now that I'm off I want to start streaming REGULARLY again just like last year, but my problem is I don't have a 'pull' that can get me to the same or even close to the level I was at last year. Right now the games I want to play are too sporadic/short, and I don't have a specific 'goal' that will keep me going through one gaming session for an extended amount of time. For Soniv, the Witcher is probably perfect in that regard, but I personally don't know if the game itself has enough 'pull.'

I see where you're coming from, and I think you raise a legitimate point. Thinking about it now, if all you ever played was Tomb of the Necrodancer, I don't think I'd watch your stream.

But if you look at the big name YouTubers, sure people watch them for the games they play. But more importantly, they watch them for the personalities. I'm not saying that the game is irrelevant, but you can't just discount the personality playing the game. I'd say that the person playing the game is about 60% of the reason someone watches their stream, while the other 40% is due to the game their playing.*

And the thing is too, people are different. Some people will only watch people play games they're interested in, while others might just watch Markiplier just because he's Markiplier.

But ideally you want both. I think as far as this thread goes though, most people watch other people because they like the personalities.

*I should really stress the point that I just threw out some numbers. I am more than willing to admit that I might be entirely wrong on this point and maybe people watch streamers mostly for the game content and not the streamer itself. I just don't think that this is the case however.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 31 2015 19:00 GMT
#102151
Forgot my twitch password. Blahhh.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 31 2015 19:03 GMT
#102152
On June 01 2015 03:41 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 03:14 Cixah wrote:
On June 01 2015 03:08 sung_moon wrote:
Was hesitant to start this basketball anime called "Kuroko's Basketball", mainly because the last sports anime I watched was Eyeshield 21, and thought it was pretty butt, but now that I'm waiting for NBA Finals to start soon, this is actually a pretty good way to fill in that void lolol.

I also heard Blood Battle Blockade is great too.


You have no idea how good this show actually is. Currently all caught up and I want moooooore.

Cixah models where?


Sitting on my desk unpainted until probably fridayish. Haven't spent any thing else because poor and rain making me work too much. 79 hour week hype.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 31 2015 19:07 GMT
#102153
Wave I'll watch anything you stream. <3

I mean that, even though I'm flaky about WHEN it happens.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
May 31 2015 19:14 GMT
#102154
Shucks when did Wave play Necrodancer and why did I miss it D:
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 19:27:55
May 31 2015 19:14 GMT
#102155
On June 01 2015 04:07 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Wave I'll watch anything you stream. <3

I mean that, even though I'm flaky about WHEN it happens.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=262

I wonder how you would react if Gimble started acting like this.

hmmm..
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
May 31 2015 19:30 GMT
#102156
If a stream is linked here, I usually tune in no matter what game is being played if I'm around.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 31 2015 20:36 GMT
#102157
On June 01 2015 04:14 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 04:07 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Wave I'll watch anything you stream. <3

I mean that, even though I'm flaky about WHEN it happens.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=262

I wonder how you would react if Gimble started acting like this.

hmmm..


Dear diary,

Today Gimble decided he wanted to die.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 21:18:21
May 31 2015 21:07 GMT
#102158
On June 01 2015 05:36 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 04:14 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 01 2015 04:07 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Wave I'll watch anything you stream. <3

I mean that, even though I'm flaky about WHEN it happens.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=262

I wonder how you would react if Gimble started acting like this.

hmmm..


Dear diary,

Today Gimble decided he wanted to die.

He missed his opportunity with the random lightning bolt dude. Next level we'll be fine. Because removing a rocky splinter from a god has to be worth some EXP, right?
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 31 2015 21:21 GMT
#102159
On June 01 2015 04:14 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 04:07 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Wave I'll watch anything you stream. <3

I mean that, even though I'm flaky about WHEN it happens.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=262

I wonder how you would react if Gimble started acting like this.

hmmm..


You're welcome to try.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 21:32:10
May 31 2015 21:26 GMT
#102160
On June 01 2015 06:21 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 04:14 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 01 2015 04:07 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Wave I'll watch anything you stream. <3

I mean that, even though I'm flaky about WHEN it happens.

http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=262

I wonder how you would react if Gimble started acting like this.

hmmm..


You're welcome to try.

But I already did try.

As you recall, you gave me a spell.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Prev 1 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
SpeCial 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 320
MaD[AoV]31
910 26
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 482
Counter-Strike
fl0m4303
Fnx 603
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox502
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4210
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g6211
FrodaN628
C9.Mang0230
Trikslyr12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• davetesta0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21473
Other Games
• Shiphtur789
• imaqtpie782
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 52m
Patches Events
17h 52m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.