• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:33
CEST 22:33
KST 05:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8612 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2351

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 5162 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 02 2014 22:32 GMT
#47001
On July 03 2014 07:31 Numy wrote:
Let's face it. SAO is just squandered potential. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Most LN->Anime adaptations are.
Moderator
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 02 2014 22:37 GMT
#47002
On July 03 2014 07:32 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 07:31 Numy wrote:
Let's face it. SAO is just squandered potential. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Most LN->Anime adaptations are.


Well in SAO case the LN is pretty awful at least at the start too.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
July 02 2014 22:38 GMT
#47003
On July 03 2014 07:30 Frudgey wrote:
Wait before you go Moonbear, I have a wish!

I wish to know your favourite movie of all time.

If I am asking for too much then let me know.


you're so canadian it's adorable
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
July 02 2014 22:39 GMT
#47004
On July 03 2014 07:38 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 07:30 Frudgey wrote:
Wait before you go Moonbear, I have a wish!

I wish to know your favourite movie of all time.

If I am asking for too much then let me know.


you're so canadian it's adorable


Shut up. We are brute mean fighting machines
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 02 2014 22:40 GMT
#47005
I'd just like to say for the record, I don't know what you did or didn't do in Gd recently PX but I have actually enjoyed your presence here lately. Stick around. I think we may have had differences in the past but like a lot of other people in here I feel like it was probably some combination of stubbornness and not giving you a proper chance or whatever.

Feeling a lot better atm, hopefully things keep up. I just weighed myself and I am up something like 8lbs since leaving the hospital on Thursday. More if the in-hospital scale could be believed (I think it was wrong).

I think my body just knows exactly what weight it's supposed to be and I'm going to skyrocket until I hit that point and then stop, even if my eating habits stay the same. Homeostasis is a crazy thing.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 02 2014 23:05 GMT
#47006
I wouldn't believe my body's knowledge for a second. It's a piece of shit with an appendix whose only function is to go apeshit and burst and kill me, it has teeth whose only function is to fuck my mouth over and it can't even see straight if I don't put massive lenses in front of my eyes. My body has some virtues but knowledge certainly isn't one of them lol.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 23:06:14
July 02 2014 23:05 GMT
#47007
We should have a day where all the Canadians except Shelke (who is a horrible Canadian) leave OT and just see who banned first since theres no canadian to balance out the negative euro influence
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 02 2014 23:11 GMT
#47008
fuck that eh
sorry
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 23:13:27
July 02 2014 23:12 GMT
#47009
Hmmm I have trouble deciding on this one.

I need some hand-held entertainment. My cellphone emulating GBA games just does not cut it anymore for my entertainment while I spent 3 hours on commute each day. I see 3 options:

1. 3DS (~170 for the device, ~40 per game)

Advantages: I can play Bravely Default, Fire Emblems Awakening, and perhaps even Pokemon X/Y
Disadvantages: costly; flash cards may or may not work or brick my device

2. NDS(lite) (~50-100 device, ~15 flash card)

Advantages: I can play Fire Emblems 11 and 12, and maybe Pokemon B/W. Fairly cheap. Known, working flash cards for years.
Disadvantages: Not 100% sure how to buy a flash card in this day and age. I have played most other NDS games already.

3. Tablet (~500; Samsung Galaxy Notes 2014 in particular)

Advantages: can watch anime and other shows on fairly high resolution. May be powerful enough to emulate some NDS games. Can be used for other stuff (ebooks, etc.).
Disadvantages: costly; not 100% sure if NDS emulation will be smooth. Might be embarrassing watching anime on the subway when things like this (NSFW) + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
show up.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 02 2014 23:14 GMT
#47010
Stay at home and play Dark Souls.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 02 2014 23:15 GMT
#47011
Just become based, Sufficiency
imagine me. Do you think I would be at all embarassed when watching anime like this in public transport?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
July 02 2014 23:18 GMT
#47012
I couldn't think of a better example for a based person than scip

confirmed
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 02 2014 23:18 GMT
#47013
WTF does based even mean...
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 23:23:43
July 02 2014 23:19 GMT
#47014
On July 03 2014 07:30 Frudgey wrote:
Wait before you go Moonbear, I have a wish!

I wish to know your favourite movie of all time.

If I am asking for too much then let me know.

Uh this is a really hard question having to choose one movie out of everything I've ever watched. Um... hm. Ratatouille maybe?

+ Show Spoiler +
A longer list of stuff that comes to mind as things I've really enjoyed are Up, Frozen, Lion King, Wall-E, Howl's Moving Castle, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Infernal Affairs (not the American one), 50 First Dates, Dodgeball, Matrix 1, Star Wars 4-6, Schindler's List, The Pianist.


EDIT:
On July 03 2014 08:12 Sufficiency wrote:
Hmmm I have trouble deciding on this one.

I fully recommend the 3DS. It's got a great set of games currently out with even more good titles like Smash and Hoenn on the way. Can also play lots of great DS games too although they might be hard to find depending on which titles you're looking for. Tablets are good but I see them more as work-and-play devices rather than purely entertainment so I shall abstain from an opinion.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 02 2014 23:20 GMT
#47015
On July 03 2014 08:18 Sufficiency wrote:
WTF does based even mean...

It means taking the blue pill because you couldn't give a fuck
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 02 2014 23:21 GMT
#47016
On July 03 2014 08:12 Sufficiency wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hmmm I have trouble deciding on this one.

I need some hand-held entertainment. My cellphone emulating GBA games just does not cut it anymore for my entertainment while I spent 3 hours on commute each day. I see 3 options:

1. 3DS (~170 for the device, ~40 per game)

Advantages: I can play Bravely Default, Fire Emblems Awakening, and perhaps even Pokemon X/Y
Disadvantages: costly; flash cards may or may not work or brick my device

2. NDS(lite) (~50-100 device, ~15 flash card)

Advantages: I can play Fire Emblems 11 and 12, and maybe Pokemon B/W. Fairly cheap. Known, working flash cards for years.
Disadvantages: Not 100% sure how to buy a flash card in this day and age. I have played most other NDS games already.

3. Tablet (~500; Samsung Galaxy Notes 2014 in particular)

Advantages: can watch anime and other shows on fairly high resolution. May be powerful enough to emulate some NDS games. Can be used for other stuff (ebooks, etc.).
Disadvantages: costly; not 100% sure if NDS emulation will be smooth. Might be embarrassing watching anime on the subway when things like this (NSFW) + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
show up.

I'm going to put my vote for the 3DS. Not only can you play your older DS games but there might be future releases that catch your fancy. Like the new Super Smash Bros if you're into that kind of thing.

Also I thought that Fire Emblem Awakening was the absolute best in the series, which is something else to consider.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
July 02 2014 23:21 GMT
#47017
On July 03 2014 08:18 Sufficiency wrote:
WTF does based even mean...

[image loading]
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 02 2014 23:22 GMT
#47018
Holy shit MB 50 first dates?
That's on my list too, kinda curious why for you.

Also maybe I should take some suggestions for movies or shows to watch since I have nothing but time right now and need constant distraction.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
July 02 2014 23:23 GMT
#47019
On July 03 2014 08:18 Sufficiency wrote:
WTF does based even mean...

It means no worries, for the rest of your days.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 02 2014 23:24 GMT
#47020
On July 03 2014 08:21 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 08:12 Sufficiency wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hmmm I have trouble deciding on this one.

I need some hand-held entertainment. My cellphone emulating GBA games just does not cut it anymore for my entertainment while I spent 3 hours on commute each day. I see 3 options:

1. 3DS (~170 for the device, ~40 per game)

Advantages: I can play Bravely Default, Fire Emblems Awakening, and perhaps even Pokemon X/Y
Disadvantages: costly; flash cards may or may not work or brick my device

2. NDS(lite) (~50-100 device, ~15 flash card)

Advantages: I can play Fire Emblems 11 and 12, and maybe Pokemon B/W. Fairly cheap. Known, working flash cards for years.
Disadvantages: Not 100% sure how to buy a flash card in this day and age. I have played most other NDS games already.

3. Tablet (~500; Samsung Galaxy Notes 2014 in particular)

Advantages: can watch anime and other shows on fairly high resolution. May be powerful enough to emulate some NDS games. Can be used for other stuff (ebooks, etc.).
Disadvantages: costly; not 100% sure if NDS emulation will be smooth. Might be embarrassing watching anime on the subway when things like this (NSFW) + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
show up.

I'm going to put my vote for the 3DS. Not only can you play your older DS games but there might be future releases that catch your fancy. Like the new Super Smash Bros if you're into that kind of thing.

Also I thought that Fire Emblem Awakening was the absolute best in the series, which is something else to consider.


When it comes to 3DS, the main consideration is cost, especially if I can't pirate via a flash card. The cost of each individual games quickly add up, and it's really inconvenient to carry more than one card around in case i want to play two different things.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O146
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason417
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 601
ZZZero.O 146
soO 60
Hyun 44
Dota 2
qojqva2212
League of Legends
Doublelift1327
Counter-Strike
fl0m5768
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4115
Liquid`Hasu580
Other Games
summit1g5366
FrodaN1228
KnowMe326
ToD259
Pyrionflax209
420jenkins195
Livibee171
QueenE104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
StarCraft 2
angryscii 44
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Hupsaiya 45
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1874
Other Games
• imaqtpie873
• Shiphtur622
• Scarra69
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 27m
Patches Events
18h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 27m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.