• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:54
CEST 20:54
KST 03:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11628 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2352

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 5162 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
July 02 2014 23:24 GMT
#47021
On July 03 2014 08:05 Scip wrote:
I wouldn't believe my body's knowledge for a second. It's a piece of shit with an appendix whose only function is to go apeshit and burst and kill me, it has teeth whose only function is to fuck my mouth over and it can't even see straight if I don't put massive lenses in front of my eyes. My body has some virtues but knowledge certainly isn't one of them lol.


sounds like you've just got a shitty body
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 23:29:47
July 02 2014 23:25 GMT
#47022
I swear after each Hearthstone season reset everybody and their mother spams zoo or some aggro deck like Paladin for easy free wins
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 02 2014 23:28 GMT
#47023
http://www.twitch.tv/sufficiency2

One-man army Mia stream.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 02 2014 23:30 GMT
#47024
On July 03 2014 08:24 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 08:21 Frudgey wrote:
On July 03 2014 08:12 Sufficiency wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hmmm I have trouble deciding on this one.

I need some hand-held entertainment. My cellphone emulating GBA games just does not cut it anymore for my entertainment while I spent 3 hours on commute each day. I see 3 options:

1. 3DS (~170 for the device, ~40 per game)

Advantages: I can play Bravely Default, Fire Emblems Awakening, and perhaps even Pokemon X/Y
Disadvantages: costly; flash cards may or may not work or brick my device

2. NDS(lite) (~50-100 device, ~15 flash card)

Advantages: I can play Fire Emblems 11 and 12, and maybe Pokemon B/W. Fairly cheap. Known, working flash cards for years.
Disadvantages: Not 100% sure how to buy a flash card in this day and age. I have played most other NDS games already.

3. Tablet (~500; Samsung Galaxy Notes 2014 in particular)

Advantages: can watch anime and other shows on fairly high resolution. May be powerful enough to emulate some NDS games. Can be used for other stuff (ebooks, etc.).
Disadvantages: costly; not 100% sure if NDS emulation will be smooth. Might be embarrassing watching anime on the subway when things like this (NSFW) + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
show up.

I'm going to put my vote for the 3DS. Not only can you play your older DS games but there might be future releases that catch your fancy. Like the new Super Smash Bros if you're into that kind of thing.

Also I thought that Fire Emblem Awakening was the absolute best in the series, which is something else to consider.


When it comes to 3DS, the main consideration is cost, especially if I can't pirate via a flash card. The cost of each individual games quickly add up, and it's really inconvenient to carry more than one card around in case i want to play two different things.

That's fair. I can relate to the difficulty of carrying around 2 games with a 3DS, it becomes cumbersome if you don't have a nice case or something.

I can also see why cost might be an issue. I don't know anything about pirating with flash cards, so I'm not going to be much help there.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 02 2014 23:33 GMT
#47025
I'm not sure if my brother has bought a game for 3DS yet and he's played a lot of them. Pirating definitely doable and likely very easy to do if my brother could do it. I can ask if you want I suppose?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 02 2014 23:33 GMT
#47026
On July 03 2014 08:33 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm not sure if my brother has bought a game for 3DS yet and he's played a lot of them. Pirating definitely doable and likely very easy to do if my brother could do it. I can ask if you want I suppose?


That would be awesome man!
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
July 02 2014 23:35 GMT
#47027
On July 03 2014 07:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'd just like to say for the record, I don't know what you did or didn't do in Gd recently PX but I have actually enjoyed your presence here lately. Stick around. I think we may have had differences in the past but like a lot of other people in here I feel like it was probably some combination of stubbornness and not giving you a proper chance or whatever.

Feeling a lot better atm, hopefully things keep up. I just weighed myself and I am up something like 8lbs since leaving the hospital on Thursday. More if the in-hospital scale could be believed (I think it was wrong).

I think my body just knows exactly what weight it's supposed to be and I'm going to skyrocket until I hit that point and then stop, even if my eating habits stay the same. Homeostasis is a crazy thing.

ty Wave. I mean there is no reason to be anything of supportive to you and the others here. no one is attacking me like happens in GD so
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 02 2014 23:38 GMT
#47028
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/americans-fail-canada-again

Without looking at the right answers I want to see if you Amurricans can do this.

http://chatt.hdsb.ca/~vanelliss/FOV1-000B9892/FOV1-000B9932/FOV1-001056BE/S0A05B61E.0/Blank Map of Canada.gif?src=.PNG

Image is really huge so I didn't link it properly, it's a map. Do it cuz Canada Day.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
July 02 2014 23:40 GMT
#47029
On July 03 2014 08:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/americans-fail-canada-again

Without looking at the right answers I want to see if you Amurricans can do this.

http://chatt.hdsb.ca/~vanelliss/FOV1-000B9892/FOV1-000B9932/FOV1-001056BE/S0A05B61E.0/Blank Map of Canada.gif?src=.PNG

Image is really huge so I didn't link it properly, it's a map. Do it cuz Canada Day.

I only know Canada as broken down on a RISK map
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 02 2014 23:42 GMT
#47030
On July 03 2014 08:35 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 07:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'd just like to say for the record, I don't know what you did or didn't do in Gd recently PX but I have actually enjoyed your presence here lately. Stick around. I think we may have had differences in the past but like a lot of other people in here I feel like it was probably some combination of stubbornness and not giving you a proper chance or whatever.

Feeling a lot better atm, hopefully things keep up. I just weighed myself and I am up something like 8lbs since leaving the hospital on Thursday. More if the in-hospital scale could be believed (I think it was wrong).

I think my body just knows exactly what weight it's supposed to be and I'm going to skyrocket until I hit that point and then stop, even if my eating habits stay the same. Homeostasis is a crazy thing.

ty Wave. I mean there is no reason to be anything of supportive to you and the others here. no one is attacking me like happens in GD so

That's a large part of the reason why I've stopped posting in GD. When people feel like you're wrong, they just attack you for no good reason. I've done plenty of honest mistakes in GD, where I though thought I was in the right, but everyone else agreed that I was wrong. Which I'm fine with being wrong, but some people were nasty about it. Honestly I'm amazed that you keep going back there. Especially since you've earned yourself a reputation.

Like I really like our community in Off-Topic. If it weren't for you guys I'd literally have no reason to stay at Team Liquid. You guys are my jam.

Also for what it's worth I think you're a cool dude.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 02 2014 23:46 GMT
#47031
I got baited in to read GD by Neo (unintentionally) and then I got baited into writing a Skarner guide by Ketara
never again man, never again
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 02 2014 23:46 GMT
#47032
On July 03 2014 07:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
I think my body just knows exactly what weight it's supposed to be and I'm going to skyrocket until I hit that point and then stop, even if my eating habits stay the same. Homeostasis is a crazy thing.

Well that's pretty much why diets are for the most part bullshit, because without the habits to build your body will remember your weight before, and more importantly that while you ate less stuff it took the habit of storing every little bit it could find since to it there was a shortage. So once you go back to eating normally it's used to storing and makes you gain weight more easily since in comparison there's excess stuff.
On July 03 2014 08:35 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 07:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'd just like to say for the record, I don't know what you did or didn't do in Gd recently PX but I have actually enjoyed your presence here lately. Stick around. I think we may have had differences in the past but like a lot of other people in here I feel like it was probably some combination of stubbornness and not giving you a proper chance or whatever.

Feeling a lot better atm, hopefully things keep up. I just weighed myself and I am up something like 8lbs since leaving the hospital on Thursday. More if the in-hospital scale could be believed (I think it was wrong).

I think my body just knows exactly what weight it's supposed to be and I'm going to skyrocket until I hit that point and then stop, even if my eating habits stay the same. Homeostasis is a crazy thing.

ty Wave. I mean there is no reason to be anything of supportive to you and the others here. no one is attacking me like happens in GD so

If you're not getting trashtalked in here, it only means you ain't integrated yet.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 02 2014 23:47 GMT
#47033
On July 03 2014 08:46 Scip wrote:
I got baited in to read GD by Neo (unintentionally) and then I got baited into writing a Skarner guide by Ketara
never again man, never again

I've always toyed around of writing a Darius guide since our other one is season 2 old, but something tells me that I'm setting myself up for disaster.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 23:50:18
July 02 2014 23:49 GMT
#47034
On July 03 2014 08:47 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 08:46 Scip wrote:
I got baited in to read GD by Neo (unintentionally) and then I got baited into writing a Skarner guide by Ketara
never again man, never again

I've always toyed around of writing a Darius guide since our other one is season 2 old, but something tells me that I'm setting myself up for disaster.

Read the responses to my Skarner guide and then take into consideration that you don't (I assume) have a massive dia1-challenger elo dick to shut people up with. It will be a pain if you try, but you will have my utmost respect if you can keep your sanity (and the guide is good)
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 23:54:54
July 02 2014 23:50 GMT
#47035
On July 03 2014 08:40 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 08:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/americans-fail-canada-again

Without looking at the right answers I want to see if you Amurricans can do this.

http://chatt.hdsb.ca/~vanelliss/FOV1-000B9892/FOV1-000B9932/FOV1-001056BE/S0A05B61E.0/Blank Map of Canada.gif?src=.PNG

Image is really huge so I didn't link it properly, it's a map. Do it cuz Canada Day.

I only know Canada as broken down on a RISK map

I know only slightly more than this. i know manitoba and saskatchewan are near the middle, but i couldn't tell you which of the provinces was which between those two. 0 idea what the island train heading in the arctic are. i know where the 4 western provinces are and quebec ontario newfoundland. the two center provinces i'm taking a 50/50 guess on, the north is ? now im gonna look it up...

k i forgot nova scotia but i did know about it which isn't great, and no idea that new brunswick was an official provience thought it was just like a region like new england is, and prince edward island was something i've never heard of. and nunavut is new to me.

On July 03 2014 08:46 Alaric wrote:
If you're not getting trashtalked in here, it only means you ain't integrated yet.

trashtalk is way different than being attacked personally. i love trashtalk.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
July 02 2014 23:52 GMT
#47036
On July 03 2014 08:49 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 08:47 Frudgey wrote:
On July 03 2014 08:46 Scip wrote:
I got baited in to read GD by Neo (unintentionally) and then I got baited into writing a Skarner guide by Ketara
never again man, never again

I've always toyed around of writing a Darius guide since our other one is season 2 old, but something tells me that I'm setting myself up for disaster.

Read the responses to my Skarner guide and then take into consideration that you don't (I assume) have a massive dia1-challenger elo dick to shut people up with. It will be a pain if you try, but you will have my utmost respect if you can keep your sanity (and the guide is good)

Well and that's the thing. I'm not actually all that great of a player. I've very open to feedback and I'd change my guide based around what people are saying, but I'd fear that I'd end up putting a lot of information in my guide that wouldn't be true, or even logical for that matter.

That and maintaining a guide seems like it a lot of work.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 02 2014 23:56 GMT
#47037
Dont forget you have to update it a lot. My Zed guide still has Warmogs as an advised defensive item. Those were the days...
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 02 2014 23:59 GMT
#47038
Canada has so little soft power I don't care how it's divided and will most likely never need to know.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 02 2014 23:59 GMT
#47039
... oh yeah I'll have to take a look at the Vi guide, especially if they don't change machete. Bleh.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 03 2014 00:04 GMT
#47040
On July 03 2014 08:30 Frudgey wrote:
That's fair. I can relate to the difficulty of carrying around 2 games with a 3DS, it becomes cumbersome if you don't have a nice case or something.

Downloaded games are a thing now, and if you play older games they're not always $40.
Prev 1 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 290
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 290
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28224
Calm 2500
Shuttle 376
Mini 173
White-Ra 144
firebathero 93
Mong 55
scan(afreeca) 22
soO 14
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps0
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2038
FrodaN1773
summit1g1727
olofmeister909
B2W.Neo754
Khaldor448
Beastyqt321
Livibee180
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 10
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur728
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
6m
BSL Open Qualifier
6m
OSC
4h 6m
Replay Cast
4h 6m
OSC
17h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.