• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:02
CEST 16:02
KST 23:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9343 users

$5000 Stay At HomeStory Cup by TaKeTV - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
492 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24 25 Next All
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
April 07 2020 16:44 GMT
#81
On April 08 2020 01:01 seanranklin wrote:
EPT points for this but Super Tournament got their points taken away? I saw special have no idea this gave EPT points and he would have competed if he knew.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning ?


ESL goal was to integrate most event into their systems in a sort of tennis like circuit (or 2013-15 WCS), I assume things like national championship or medium size tournament could also give us some point.
I would just have like the invite vs qualifier ratio to be a bit more skew toward qualifiers if they were gonna give some points.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
April 08 2020 07:39 GMT
#82
Did anyone confirm anywhere that this tourney will have ETP points, or are you discussing based on a rumor or something?
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
NewModel
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany124 Posts
April 08 2020 14:59 GMT
#83
On April 08 2020 16:39 BaneRiders wrote:
Did anyone confirm anywhere that this tourney will have ETP points, or are you discussing based on a rumor or something?

IT was mentioned by Naruto on the TakeTv Stream serveral Times, Last Time i heared them talk about it, it just wasn´t completle clear how much points.
TaKeTV
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1201 Posts
April 08 2020 15:00 GMT
#84
On April 08 2020 01:01 seanranklin wrote:
EPT points for this but Super Tournament got their points taken away? I saw special have no idea this gave EPT points and he would have competed if he knew.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning ?


Because corona puts a lot of companies under huge stress , ESL is one of them. We tried to resolve everything as quickly as possible but we were not sure if we would be able to give out EPT points and had to run qualifiers. He could have chosen to try to qualify regardless in my personal opinion (NarutO).

Here the split:

1: 250
2: 175
3-4: 125
3-4: 125
5-8: 75
5-8: 75
5-8: 75
5-8: 75
9-12: 45
9-12: 45
9-12: 45
9-12: 45
13-16: 35
13-16: 35
13-16: 35
13-16: 35
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
17-24: 25
Total: 1495
Commentator
buzz_bender
Profile Joined August 2019
446 Posts
April 08 2020 16:08 GMT
#85
I'm completely against this tournament giving out EPT points. This is very unfair to the players, particularly the Koreans.

I was very surprised to hear that the GSL Super Tournament 1 did not give out EPT points to the players. Every player that completed in that tournament had to qualify by beating all the other players. Maru and Dark had to beat all the other top Koreans through their respective brackets, and then they ended up with no EPT points.

On the other hand, we have this tournament, with half the players *invited*, and the rest going through qualifications (through other servers no less), and those that rejected this tournament was not told that there were EPT points at play as well. Many of these invited players are from the EU, and they automatically get EPT points while those that put in the time and effort at the Super Tournament did not?

That's just blatantly unfair towards the Koreans. They really should either reconsider this by taking away the EPT points for this tournament, or actually awarding EPT points to those in the Super Tournament. Otherwise it is plain and simple unjust and unfair to many players, particularly to the players at the Super Tournament.
TaKeTV
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1201 Posts
April 08 2020 16:49 GMT
#86
On April 09 2020 01:08 buzz_bender wrote:
On the other hand, we have this tournament, with half the players *invited*, and the rest going through qualifications (through other servers no less), and those that rejected this tournament was not told that there were EPT points at play as well.


Not true. Maru and Scarlett were the only players that rejected an invite. I forwarded the invite to Maru via PartinG and at that point it was not clear if we can give out EPT Points.
I mentioned and I will quote "...if we get EPT point is answered next week."

I invited Scarlett within a conversation in Battle.net and I am 99% sure I also mentioned the chance of giving out EPT points as it wasn't clear at that time. I later asked again in Skype and she declined. Furthermore the qualifiers were open to everyone - Koreans could have played on Europe, Americas and Korea and many of them didn't even sign up to play so personally (NarutO) I don't feel like "they are missing out".


On April 09 2020 01:08 buzz_bender wrote:
Many of these invited players are from the EU, and they automatically get EPT points while those that put in the time and effort at the Super Tournament did not?

That's just blatantly unfair towards the Koreans. They really should either reconsider this by taking away the EPT points for this tournament, or actually awarding EPT points to those in the Super Tournament. Otherwise it is plain and simple unjust and unfair to many players, particularly to the players at the Super Tournament


We hold no power of how EPT points are given in Korea. I invited with the same good mix I always do to provide a good lineup. So I don't think you should bring Super Tournament into the discussion. Its not related in any way. For your information, my opinion is super tournament should have points, but its not my call.

Best regards
NarutO
Commentator
buzz_bender
Profile Joined August 2019
446 Posts
April 08 2020 16:57 GMT
#87
On April 09 2020 01:49 TaKeTV wrote:
We hold no power of how EPT points are given in Korea. I invited with the same good mix I always do to provide a good lineup. So I don't think you should bring Super Tournament into the discussion. Its not related in any way. For your information, my opinion is super tournament should have points, but its not my call.
Best regards
NarutO


Just so you know, my comment wasn't to put blame on you. I think you're doing a great job in organising tournaments like these and these tournaments give us fans so much memory and fun everytime.

I'm bringing Super Tournament into this discussion to show the contrast between the two. I know it is not your call and not your decision to make. It is definitely ESL's decision, and I'm saying that I completely disagree with that decision. If they are not awarding points to Super Tournament, then all the more that this tournament should not have it. If they decide to award points to this tournament, then all the more that Super Tournament should give out even more points, given that *all* the players had to fight and play for it.
TaKeTV
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1201 Posts
April 08 2020 17:13 GMT
#88
On April 09 2020 01:57 buzz_bender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2020 01:49 TaKeTV wrote:
We hold no power of how EPT points are given in Korea. I invited with the same good mix I always do to provide a good lineup. So I don't think you should bring Super Tournament into the discussion. Its not related in any way. For your information, my opinion is super tournament should have points, but its not my call.
Best regards
NarutO


Just so you know, my comment wasn't to put blame on you. I think you're doing a great job in organising tournaments like these and these tournaments give us fans so much memory and fun everytime.

I'm bringing Super Tournament into this discussion to show the contrast between the two. I know it is not your call and not your decision to make. It is definitely ESL's decision, and I'm saying that I completely disagree with that decision. If they are not awarding points to Super Tournament, then all the more that this tournament should not have it. If they decide to award points to this tournament, then all the more that Super Tournament should give out even more points, given that *all* the players had to fight and play for it.


I personally agree as (NarutO). And I am happy you are providing feedback.
Commentator
LTCM
Profile Joined May 2017
174 Posts
April 08 2020 17:40 GMT
#89
Total junk decision. Points for a half baked online tournament with the overwhelming number of players being invited? What a joke.

I am becoming less and less happy with the sc2 scene after blizzard handed over management. It's quite clear that esl has very clear basis.
Byun is a convicted match-fixer.
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
April 08 2020 17:41 GMT
#90
Well I for one am very happy that there are some points at stake as well here. It certainly adds some flavor to the tournament and raises the stakes! So much looking forward to this!
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Kori
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany58 Posts
April 08 2020 17:59 GMT
#91
Really love the fact that we're getting more tournaments awarding points as well, although I do also wish the communication had worked a little better. It's unfortunate it didn't go smoothly this time around, but these are really cool steps in the development of the EPT imo!
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
April 08 2020 17:59 GMT
#92
On April 09 2020 02:40 LTCM wrote:
Total junk decision. Points for a half baked online tournament with the overwhelming number of players being invited? What a joke.

I am becoming less and less happy with the sc2 scene after blizzard handed over management. It's quite clear that esl has very clear basis.


I agree that it would be better to have 0 invites and all going through qualifiers, but this tournament was obviously being organized before the decision had been taken to award points, so let's hope for a full lineup through qualifiers for the next edition.

Out of curiosity, what basis are you referring to?
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 18:27:37
April 08 2020 18:25 GMT
#93
Obviously TakeTV wants points to enhance the prestige/stakes of their tournament, and obv they're going to take points if ESL gives them out (any tournament org would).

It's on ESL to properly administer their point system so they don't randomly deny cheeseadelphia points, take away Super Tournament points AFTER THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN PLAYED, and then award points to an online tournament (with less prize money than either aforementioned event) that's 50%+ invited.

I understand ESL wanting flexibility in the 3rd party point system, compared to the rigid 3rd party point system in WCS 2013-2015 which was actually a deterrent to organizers who wanted to hold 3rd party events. But having no perceptible consistency at all is just as bad, if not worse.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
TaKeTV
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1201 Posts
April 08 2020 18:31 GMT
#94
We are working on a solution guys I will get back to you later
Commentator
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 19:33:39
April 08 2020 19:32 GMT
#95
Yeah I too have no idea what ESL is doing here. Makes no sense to give EPT points to this tournament, there needs to be some consistency in how they are awarded. Obviously tournaments with invites should not help decide who goes to the world championship.

Nevertheless, good job by the guys at TaKeTV for setting this tournament up, looking forward to watching.
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
TaKeTV
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1201 Posts
April 08 2020 19:59 GMT
#96



-------

I hope this resolves the matter
Commentator
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
April 08 2020 20:06 GMT
#97
On April 09 2020 04:59 TaKeTV wrote:
https://twitter.com/TaKeTV/status/1247976471706075138


-------

I hope this resolves the matter


Well thanks a lot Naruto/Take, you guys have your hears to the ground as always.

With that said I hope we can have tournament with EPT points on the line latter down the line even tho they are not traditionnal WCS/GSL stop. I'm thinking HSC, Cheesadelphia, King of the North if it come back, even having online tournament be part of it would be great, just maybe have a better directional line about what's going on with the circuit.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-08 20:14:14
April 08 2020 20:13 GMT
#98
I sure hope players don't back out last minute because of this. I'll buy the first round of virtual beer for those that stay!

Disclaimer: Only for those that can prove that they are of legal age of course.
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
ssg
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1779 Posts
April 08 2020 20:23 GMT
#99
I would have actually liked to see the top 4 or something get points. But 1 to 24 with 20 invites? No thanks. Props to taketv for taking bold action thiugh.
Rubicant1
Profile Joined October 2019
115 Posts
April 08 2020 21:50 GMT
#100
Man, Take never fails to deliver. Really amazing what you do for the community and continue to do. Mad props.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 717
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 39
Railgan 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50127
Shuttle 7783
FanTaSy 1636
BeSt 612
Horang2 504
Soma 149
Last 131
Sexy 124
Zeus 114
Pusan 109
[ Show more ]
Mind 92
Hyun 90
ggaemo 77
hero 69
Sea.KH 68
Killer 61
Aegong 46
Snow 44
ToSsGirL 32
PianO 31
Bale 27
NaDa 18
JYJ 16
zelot 15
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3524
qojqva1859
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe259
420jenkins143
Counter-Strike
fl0m3747
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor736
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt562
byalli397
Mlord393
Livibee219
Hui .180
ArmadaUGS101
Mew2King70
QueenE51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick754
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3297
Other Games
• WagamamaTV80
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 58m
Replay Cast
8h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.