An unexpected string of events put an end too the WardiTV Team League Season 8. It wasn't fun for anybody. Our format which was designed to be slick and simple was more complex. Having taken the last year and a half to re-plan and re-work the league, we are extremely excited to announce the $4,000 WardiTV Team League Season 9.
Running from November 18th 2019 to early 2020 our goal is to run the event between any possible WCS events. Our new format & schedule is designed to make matches flexible and more easily worked around if players have scheduling issues, while also being broadcast at a regular day & time so catching the games is as simple as tuning into the stream.
Participants: We are looking to accept 8 to 10 teams into the league. Invites will be picked from applications and decided on by the league. If your team would like to register you can email email@example.com with your team name & player roster.
Teams do not have to be established organisations
- Minimum 3 players per team
- Established teams with 4 players or more cannot add extra players from outside their official roster
- Established teams with 3 players or less can add players outside of their official roster, to a max of 4 players on the team in total
Play Dates: Going to be based around a European friendly time zone. Each team will play up to one match per week, depending on our format.
- Week 1: November 18th & 19th @ 6pm CEST
- Week 1: November 26th & 27th @ 6pm CEST
- Week 2: December 3rd & 4th @ 6pm CEST
- Week 3: December 10th & 11th @ 6pm CEST
- Week 4: December 17th & 18th @ 6pm CEST
- Week 5: December 23rd & 24th @ 6pm CEST (REPLAY CASTS – played 19th & 20th)
- Week 6: December 28th & 29th @ 6pm CEST
- Playoffs: January
Format: Our new format is aimed to help with scheduling issues if not all players of a team can make a specific play day as well as trying to promote the strength of the entire team. Matches will be played on the “fairest server” based on location of each player.
- Each match is a BO7 series, which is made up of six pre-determined BO1 matches (each player in a team may only be set to play twice). All pre-determined matches are played and if the score is 3-3 then an ace match is played to determine a winner.
- Playoff matches will be a BO7 made up of BO3s. Each player on the team has one BO3 life, with each team having one revive. First three matches will be pre-determined, with matches 4-7 being an all-kill format of the players who won their first match.
Prize Money: Total prize money of the league will be ~$4,000
Each pre-determined map in group stages awards $10 to the winner, with the winner of the series winning an additional $10. (~$2,000 total)
The top four teams in the playoffs are awarded the following:
- 1st - $1000
- 2nd - $500
- 3rd/4th - $250
We will pay out money at the end of the season to each team. It is up to teams to decide how to split the money between each of their players.
Matcherino Page (In Progress) | Liquipedia Page TBA