• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:06
CEST 14:06
KST 21:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

[WCS 2017] BlizzCon - Day 1 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 92 93 94 Next
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
November 03 2017 01:39 GMT
#81
(T)MajOr 3-2 (Z)Elazer
(Z)soO 3-1 (T)GuMiho
(Z)Rogue 3-2 (P)herO
(T)TY 3-1 (T)INnoVation

(Z)soO 3-0 (T)MajOr
(Z)Rogue 3-2 (T)TY

(Z)soO 4-2 (Z)Rogue
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 02:24:21
November 03 2017 02:22 GMT
#82
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

Realistically?
soO vs INnoVation. Kong vs GOAT and so forth.

Unrealistically?
Elazer vs INnoVation. Total underdog vs the most-hyped player we've had in years.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 03 2017 02:39 GMT
#83
On November 03 2017 11:22 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

Realistically?
soO vs INnoVation. Kong vs GOAT and so forth.

Unrealistically?
Elazer vs INnoVation. Total underdog vs the most-hyped player we've had in years.

Not sure how much hype there would be for a 4-0, but a foreigner in the finals would be nice ^^.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Boggyb
Profile Joined January 2017
2855 Posts
November 03 2017 04:58 GMT
#84
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

The match up that would produce the most hype before the series for the casual fan is SpeCial vs. Rogue, especially if SpeCial defeated soO to get there.

You'd have:
1) Korean vs. Non-Korean which people seem to like for some reason
2) People thinking that since SpeCial just beat Elazer and soO that he could beat Rogue
3) TvZ- Is there anyone who doesn't put this in their top 2 favorite match ups to watch?

I doubt the series would actually be that great to watch unless you're a Rogue fan.
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 05:08:14
November 03 2017 05:07 GMT
#85
On November 03 2017 13:58 Boggyb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

The match up that would produce the most hype before the series for the casual fan is SpeCial vs. Rogue, especially if SpeCial defeated soO to get there.

You'd have:
1) Korean vs. Non-Korean which people seem to like for some reason
2) People thinking that since SpeCial just beat Elazer and soO that he could beat Rogue
3) TvZ- Is there anyone who doesn't put this in their top 2 favorite match ups to watch?

I doubt the series would actually be that great to watch unless you're a Rogue fan.

I would say Elazer is viewed as being weaker than Special, especially for being overly reliant on his ZvZ, an infamously volatile matchup. I would also say that Inno has more hype than Rogue–not necessarily more skill, but definitely more hype what with the whole GOAT thing.

I also cannot imagine a more brutally onesided stomp than Inno vs Elazer (out of the players in the Ro8).
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Nirel
Profile Joined September 2011
Israel1526 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 05:32:04
November 03 2017 05:31 GMT
#86
I made this years ago, I have a feeling it's still relevant
[image loading]
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
November 03 2017 05:41 GMT
#87
On November 03 2017 14:31 Nirel wrote:
I made this years ago, I have a feeling it's still relevant
[image loading]

"Oh my god.....soO has lost again!"
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Twinkle Toes
Profile Joined May 2012
United States3605 Posts
November 03 2017 08:01 GMT
#88
On November 03 2017 13:58 Boggyb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

The match up that would produce the most hype before the series for the casual fan is SpeCial vs. Rogue, especially if SpeCial defeated soO to get there.

You'd have:
1) Korean vs. Non-Korean which people seem to like for some reason
2) People thinking that since SpeCial just beat Elazer and soO that he could beat Rogue
3) TvZ- Is there anyone who doesn't put this in their top 2 favorite match ups to watch?

I doubt the series would actually be that great to watch unless you're a Rogue fan.

Nice, this would be nice indeed!
Bisu - INnoVation - Dark - Rogue - Stats
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
November 03 2017 08:25 GMT
#89
On November 03 2017 11:39 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 11:22 pvsnp wrote:
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

Realistically?
soO vs INnoVation. Kong vs GOAT and so forth.

Unrealistically?
Elazer vs INnoVation. Total underdog vs the most-hyped player we've had in years.

Not sure how much hype there would be for a 4-0, but a foreigner in the finals would be nice ^^.


If a foreigner reached the finals reddit would be the most hyped it's ever been. The foreigners-are-as-good-as-koreans circlejerk would absolutely reach its peak. Which is honestly the only reason I don't want it to happen
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
November 03 2017 08:40 GMT
#90
I'm fairly hyped for tonight, haven't touched StarCraft for a long time but this should be good.
Zerg for Life
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
November 03 2017 08:45 GMT
#91
Foreigner vs Korean in a premiere finals is always gonna bring the hype.

Personally, I'm hoping for Gumiho vs Rogue if I had to pick just one final scenario. Want Gumiho to take it and I think that will yield the best games.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
November 03 2017 09:27 GMT
#92
Let's go Innooooooo!!!!!

So hyped for this years tournament. Innovation must win!!!
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
November 03 2017 10:39 GMT
#93
Less than 12H left before TY 3-0ing INno
TL+ Member
FrkFrJss
Profile Joined April 2015
Canada1208 Posts
November 03 2017 10:43 GMT
#94
On November 03 2017 17:25 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 11:39 The_Templar wrote:
On November 03 2017 11:22 pvsnp wrote:
On November 03 2017 09:33 Twinkle Toes wrote:
What would be the hypest finals match given the lineup?

Realistically?
soO vs INnoVation. Kong vs GOAT and so forth.

Unrealistically?
Elazer vs INnoVation. Total underdog vs the most-hyped player we've had in years.

Not sure how much hype there would be for a 4-0, but a foreigner in the finals would be nice ^^.


If a foreigner reached the finals reddit would be the most hyped it's ever been. The foreigners-are-as-good-as-koreans circlejerk would absolutely reach its peak. Which is honestly the only reason I don't want it to happen


And the anti-foreigner salt would amazing. That's the only reason I would want that. Otherwise, a soO vs anyone on the other side except Rogue would be pretty hype.
"Keep Moving Forward" - Walt Disney
Coldyron
Profile Joined November 2017
23 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 11:57:45
November 03 2017 11:57 GMT
#95
My takes on the matches today:
Special v. Elazer: De-Facto WCS Circuit Championship. I think a lot of people are overlooking Elazer (who was here last year and made it to the Semi's). I think this one will go the distance (5 games). I think Elazer edges Special

soO v. Gumiho: If this match was played earlier in the year Gumi would be a heavy favorite because soO's ZvT form is by far his weakest. soO has been hard at work on his ZvT for awhile now. He looked REALLY good in the group play (even though he played no Terran's). I think soO is too much for Gumi and Wins 3-0 or 3-1.

Rogue v. herO: Maybe the most anticipated Grand Finals Quarterfinal match ever. Two of the best in the world going at it (Both are Top 5 players. Strong case for Top 3 players (along with Inno)). I think the edge goes to herO who's PvZ is far better than Rogue's ZvP. herO also owns the H2H edge pretty significantly too. I just don't have a good feeling about Rogue in this series. I think herO wins 3-1

Innovation v. TY: TY seems like an afterthought here as ~90% of everyone following SC2 assumes Innovation is too much for him. Team Liquid however has predicted the "upset" with TY knocking Bogus out early. Innovation ALWAYS loses at BlizzCon early. I see this series going one of 2 ways: Innovation in a 3-0 sweep or Innovation in a 3-2 very close series. TY needs to play aggressive (he can't play his normal style or Bogus will eat him alive) to have a chance at pulling off the upset.

Looking forward my prediction:
soO-Gumiho Winner will face the Rogue-herO Winner in the Championship

Zephyp
Profile Joined April 2013
238 Posts
November 03 2017 12:25 GMT
#96
I'd love to see a foreigner get to the final. Koreans are of course better overall, you don't crown the best players with one tournament, but with 2-3 good matches, SpeCial and Elazer can make it. They are not favorites, but we see Korea vs Korea in GSL, SSL, Super Tournament, GSL vs SSL and all these Korean tournaments all the time. It's always nice to get more foreigner vs Korean matches when the opportunities are there.

It's fun for the foreign scene and it's fun with upsets, even if the final ends up in a 4-0 to Innovation. That can happen in Korea vs Korea too.
Mun_Su
Profile Joined December 2012
France2063 Posts
November 03 2017 12:28 GMT
#97
Wow I just remembered that I have a party tonight.... T_T

I hope to see soO and Bogus win anyway... (and Major, and Savage)
INno <3 - TY - Maru - Taeja - Rain <3 - Classic <3 - Stephano <3 - soO <3 - Soulkey - Dark - SERRAL =O / END REGION LOCK
Zephyp
Profile Joined April 2013
238 Posts
November 03 2017 12:30 GMT
#98
On November 03 2017 21:28 Mun_Su wrote:
Wow I just remembered that I have a party tonight.... T_T

I hope to see soO and Bogus win anyway... (and Major, and Savage)

I can't watch it live either. So happy we got SC2Links and Twitch VODs. With a little care, I can watch everything without getting anything spoiled. And I can skip past all the ads and stuff.
ParksonVN
Profile Joined October 2015
Australia370 Posts
November 03 2017 12:32 GMT
#99
Tbh i think the final will be TvT between Inno and Gumiho, it most likely will happen if there is no upset.
Mun_Su
Profile Joined December 2012
France2063 Posts
November 03 2017 12:36 GMT
#100
On November 03 2017 21:30 Zephyp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 21:28 Mun_Su wrote:
Wow I just remembered that I have a party tonight.... T_T

I hope to see soO and Bogus win anyway... (and Major, and Savage)

I can't watch it live either. So happy we got SC2Links and Twitch VODs. With a little care, I can watch everything without getting anything spoiled. And I can skip past all the ads and stuff.



Well to be honnest I don't know if I have the nerve to wait like that I'll probably check liquipedia/TL forum like a madman when soO and INno will play.

So, have we volunteers to do some LR
INno <3 - TY - Maru - Taeja - Rain <3 - Classic <3 - Stephano <3 - soO <3 - Soulkey - Dark - SERRAL =O / END REGION LOCK
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 92 93 94 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings140
CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech119
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4257
Jaedong 2005
actioN 1024
EffOrt 785
Soma 619
Horang2 586
Killer 507
BeSt 453
Stork 228
Pusan 184
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
Zeus 137
Rush 121
Barracks 96
Light 91
JYJ 90
Snow 85
Larva 68
ggaemo 61
Sea.KH 52
Mong 49
HiyA 47
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 35
hero 28
Sharp 24
Shinee 24
sorry 17
zelot 17
Sexy 16
Noble 15
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
Dendi626
XaKoH 375
League of Legends
Reynor82
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3068
Other Games
gofns70457
singsing1551
olofmeister1288
byalli518
B2W.Neo215
Livibee204
OGKoka 102
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV378
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV188
League of Legends
• Jankos1791
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 54m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.