• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8865 users

[GSL vs. The World] Round of 16 - Day 1 - Page 40

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 Next All
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
August 03 2017 13:31 GMT
#781
On August 03 2017 22:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:28 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:27 Nerchio wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:24 GumBa wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:22 Nerchio wrote:
The easiest bracket ever from RO16 to Semis for innovation ;d

You're not in it though?

If I was in it then it wouldn't be a road to semis for him, it would be a way out of the tournament

You cannot answer with something like that, 4/10 response imo


He just needs to eliminate INno for it to retroactively become a 9/10 response though.

Sure that would be a possibility, gl with that


Yeah it's too bad that MajOr will eliminate INno and prevent this from happening.
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
August 03 2017 13:32 GMT
#782
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?
D-light
Profile Joined April 2012
Finland7364 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-03 13:33:47
August 03 2017 13:33 GMT
#783
On August 03 2017 22:30 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:30 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:28 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:26 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:25 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:22 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:21 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:20 D-light wrote:
lol from potential 3-0 to 2-3

xD the Finnish way

0-0 is also a potential 3-0 so I guess 2-1 to 2-3 is more accurate

Wow really? Is that actually true?

You underestimate your country that's all I am saying
At least regarding sc2

I prefer to look it the way it looks the worst and how he threw the most.

https://wcs.starcraft2.com/en-us/standings/
At least you got a good shot at having one player at Blizzcon
Our 2nd best player is retired...

I understand how frustrating it is tho, I am a MKP fan

Our 2nd best player is horrible twitter jokester who didn't eat a shoe...

Luolis?

Zhugeliang

(...while France has 37 players listed on aligulac while Finland has 5)
why even
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
August 03 2017 13:34 GMT
#784
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

You probably missed the last series where the reigning Blizzcon champions barely beat a European whose worst matchup is ZvT.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
August 03 2017 13:34 GMT
#785
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

Yeah you missed Byun vs Serral which was 2-3
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
August 03 2017 13:34 GMT
#786
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

Nerchio didnt play yet.
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
August 03 2017 13:34 GMT
#787
On August 03 2017 22:31 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:28 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:27 Nerchio wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:24 GumBa wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:22 Nerchio wrote:
The easiest bracket ever from RO16 to Semis for innovation ;d

You're not in it though?

If I was in it then it wouldn't be a road to semis for him, it would be a way out of the tournament

You cannot answer with something like that, 4/10 response imo


He just needs to eliminate INno for it to retroactively become a 9/10 response though.

Sure that would be a possibility, gl with that


Yeah it's too bad that MajOr will eliminate INno and prevent this from happening.

I actually think herO is the harder opponent for Inno than Stats is. While Stats is certainly the stronger player, herO is way more unpredictable/cheesy and Inno is at his best in macro games like Stats plays.

It's basically guaranteed that Stats vs Inno will be the semis, and what a semis it will be. Inno 3-2 Stats is my prediction but I could definitely see Stats 3-2 Inno as well.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
August 03 2017 13:35 GMT
#788
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

There was a match between 2 Koreans, a match between 2 foreigners, a one-sided foreigner vs Korean match and a very close foreigner vs Korean match.

Which did you miss?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
August 03 2017 13:36 GMT
#789
On August 03 2017 22:34 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:31 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:28 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:27 Nerchio wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:24 GumBa wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:22 Nerchio wrote:
The easiest bracket ever from RO16 to Semis for innovation ;d

You're not in it though?

If I was in it then it wouldn't be a road to semis for him, it would be a way out of the tournament

You cannot answer with something like that, 4/10 response imo


He just needs to eliminate INno for it to retroactively become a 9/10 response though.

Sure that would be a possibility, gl with that


Yeah it's too bad that MajOr will eliminate INno and prevent this from happening.

I actually think herO is the harder opponent for Inno than Stats is. While Stats is certainly the stronger player, herO is way more unpredictable/cheesy and Inno is at his best in macro games like Stats plays.

It's basically guaranteed that Stats vs Inno will be the semis, and what a semis it will be. Inno 3-2 Stats is my prediction but I could definitely see Stats 3-2 Inno as well.


It depends entirely on how INno plays tbh. Stats is really good at shutting down early aggression, but he has huge blindspots in his play (as demonstrated by his series against Forte). If INno adapts I think he could easily crush Stats. If he plays to Stats's strength things won't go well for him.
Luolis
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Finland7196 Posts
August 03 2017 13:36 GMT
#790
On August 03 2017 22:30 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:30 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:28 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:26 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:25 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:22 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:21 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:20 D-light wrote:
lol from potential 3-0 to 2-3

xD the Finnish way

0-0 is also a potential 3-0 so I guess 2-1 to 2-3 is more accurate

Wow really? Is that actually TRUE?

You underestimate your country that's all I am saying
At least regarding sc2

I prefer to look it the Way it looks the worst and How he threw the most.

https://wcs.starcraft2.com/en-us/standings/
At least you got a good shot at having one player at Blizzcon
Our 2nd Best player is retired...

I understand How frustrating it is tho, I am a MKP fan

Our 2nd Best player is horrible twitter jokester WhO didn't eat a shoe...

Luolis?

Ayy lmao
pro cheese woman / Its never Sunny in Finland. Perkele / FinnishStarcraftTrivia
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
August 03 2017 13:37 GMT
#791
On August 03 2017 22:34 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

You probably missed the last series where the reigning Blizzcon champions barely beat a European whose worst matchup is ZvT.

I caught only game 4 and it seemed like Serral got outplayed. Then I checked the results for today and it was mainly 3-0 stomps. Which got me thinking about the skill level differences, or lack of as claimed by some.
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
August 03 2017 13:37 GMT
#792
On August 03 2017 22:33 D-light wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:30 Shellshock wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:30 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:28 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:26 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:25 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:22 D-light wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:21 Poopi wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:20 D-light wrote:
lol from potential 3-0 to 2-3

xD the Finnish way

0-0 is also a potential 3-0 so I guess 2-1 to 2-3 is more accurate

Wow really? Is that actually true?

You underestimate your country that's all I am saying
At least regarding sc2

I prefer to look it the way it looks the worst and how he threw the most.

https://wcs.starcraft2.com/en-us/standings/
At least you got a good shot at having one player at Blizzcon
Our 2nd best player is retired...

I understand how frustrating it is tho, I am a MKP fan

Our 2nd best player is horrible twitter jokester who didn't eat a shoe...

Luolis?

Zhugeliang

(...while France has 37 players listed on aligulac while Finland has 5)

I beat him on ladder once
I like to remind everyone every once in a while
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17880 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-03 13:40:55
August 03 2017 13:38 GMT
#793
I've heard Tastosis talk about "The Blob" movie 8 times now. in memory of the greatest action movie star ever, Steve Mcqueen, I think the LR threads are a good place to keep a running total. if Tastosis says it another 8 times by the end of BlizzCon 2017 i promise to watch the entire movie, start to finish and provide a review in the movie thread.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
August 03 2017 13:39 GMT
#794
On August 03 2017 22:34 GumBa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

Nerchio didnt play yet.

Can't wait for his games tomorrow. Imagine all the fun!
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
August 03 2017 13:40 GMT
#795
On August 03 2017 22:37 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:34 Ej_ wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

You probably missed the last series where the reigning Blizzcon champions barely beat a European whose worst matchup is ZvT.

I caught only game 4 and it seemed like Serral got outplayed. Then I checked the results for today and it was mainly 3-0 stomps. Which got me thinking about the skill level differences, or lack of as claimed by some.

It's amazing how you did not seem to notice that out of those 3 "stomps":
- 1 was KR vs KR
- 2nd was LatAm vs LatAm
- 3rd was fucking INnoVation playing a Zerg
Liquipedia lists country flags for all the players, Koreans are the ones with a white rectangle and a blue/red circle in the middle (not to be confused with Japan which has a full red circle and no symbols in the corners of the flag)
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
August 03 2017 13:41 GMT
#796
On August 03 2017 22:37 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:34 Ej_ wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

You probably missed the last series where the reigning Blizzcon champions barely beat a European whose worst matchup is ZvT.

I caught only game 4 and it seemed like Serral got outplayed. Then I checked the results for today and it was mainly 3-0 stomps. Which got me thinking about the skill level differences, or lack of as claimed by some.

The only foreigner vs Korean 0-3 was iAsonu vs Inno which on paper is the most one-sided match in the Ro16
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-03 13:42:21
August 03 2017 13:41 GMT
#797
On August 03 2017 22:37 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:34 Ej_ wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

You probably missed the last series where the reigning Blizzcon champions barely beat a European whose worst matchup is ZvT.

I caught only game 4 and it seemed like Serral got outplayed. Then I checked the results for today and it was mainly 3-0 stomps. Which got me thinking about the skill level differences, or lack of as claimed by some.

Well, the gap is huge, but there are some successes.
When the foreigner Major destroyed his opponent 3-0, or when the Korean herO lost 0-3.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-03 13:45:17
August 03 2017 13:44 GMT
#798
a
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
Boggyb
Profile Joined January 2017
2855 Posts
August 03 2017 13:48 GMT
#799
On August 03 2017 22:41 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2017 22:37 geokilla wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:34 Ej_ wrote:
On August 03 2017 22:32 geokilla wrote:
I thought the skill level between Koreans and foreigners was not huge? What happened here? Did I miss something?

You probably missed the last series where the reigning Blizzcon champions barely beat a European whose worst matchup is ZvT.

I caught only game 4 and it seemed like Serral got outplayed. Then I checked the results for today and it was mainly 3-0 stomps. Which got me thinking about the skill level differences, or lack of as claimed by some.

The only foreigner vs Korean 0-3 was iAsonu vs Inno which on paper is the most one-sided match in the Ro16

That's TY vs. Scarlett. iAsonu just got out of a GSL style group by beating the two most recent GSL champions. Scarlett ends GSL style groups in last place with a single win.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17880 Posts
August 03 2017 13:48 GMT
#800
On August 03 2017 22:44 Nerchio wrote:
a

i totally disagree.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 87
Bale 36
Aegong 31
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 11
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
JimRising 554
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King258
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1679
Other Games
summit1g8855
ceh9395
olofmeister346
Happy259
Sick162
ArmadaUGS132
Livibee98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick562
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream274
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1320
• Lourlo1119
• Stunt476
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 44m
OSC
5h 44m
Stellar Fest
5h 44m
OSC
16h 44m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.