• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:47
CEST 04:47
KST 11:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7560 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 603

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 601 602 603 604 605 608 Next
Winner of the fan fiction contest here and winner of the hype video contest here.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
November 02 2014 14:55 GMT
#12041
On November 02 2014 23:18 Neemi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2014 21:30 TheDwf wrote:
On November 02 2014 21:29 The_Templar wrote:
On November 02 2014 21:27 TheDwf wrote:
On November 02 2014 20:59 Tanzklaue wrote:
the amazing part is that taeja basically won 3 games where he should've lost due to Bo alone.

and people still underestimate him.

Err... Which games?

I'm going to assume he meant the three games that TaeJa won, although this seems inaccurate

Lol yeah, my question was dumb. TaeJa had no build order disadvantage in any of the games anyway.


I agree with the first two, but isn't a one-base all-in vs. command center first on the lowground a build order win for soO? If it isn't, then why even have this all-in if all it counters is 3-CC before barracks?

14/14 bane bust only beats CC first if a) Terran doesn't scout it in time (e. g. last scout on a 4p map) or b) the Reactor is part of the wall [which generally means the Terran had not scouted it in time, otherwise he wouldn't make this Reactor]. All it takes to block the attack is a simple rax/EB/CC wall (whatever is needed to add a second layer of wall behind the two vulnerable depots). You can find a similar scenario in Reality vs Sacsri, King Sejong, Against the Odds RO4. I have absolutely no idea why soO even tried that given that TaeJa didn't spawn in the bottom position and scouted the lack of natural in time with his SCV.

On November 02 2014 23:37 Tanzklaue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2014 21:30 TheDwf wrote:
On November 02 2014 21:29 The_Templar wrote:
On November 02 2014 21:27 TheDwf wrote:
On November 02 2014 20:59 Tanzklaue wrote:
the amazing part is that taeja basically won 3 games where he should've lost due to Bo alone.

and people still underestimate him.

Err... Which games?

I'm going to assume he meant the three games that TaeJa won, although this seems inaccurate

Lol yeah, my question was dumb. TaeJa had no build order disadvantage in any of the games anyway.

the third game wasn't a Bo win from soo, but game 1 was a heavy advantage bo wise for soo and game 2 should've been a bo win for him.

A perfect gasless pool first defence (≠ what soO did, the first part was fine but then he derped near the Bunker in front of his natural) does come ahead of a forward 2 rax, but not to the extent Terran is hopelessly behind due to build orders alone. Game 2 was CC first into Hellions/Banshees 3OC against a normal Zerg build, why would soO be advantaged there?
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
November 02 2014 15:07 GMT
#12042
losing the queens was really really bad for soo too and absolutely 100% unnecessary. i don't know if he had 2 or 3 but he lost 2 and that's at least one hatch not injecting which means whatever he wanted to do (drones or bane bust) he couldn't just pump it out, he had to do some recovering. queens are big damage
TL+ Member
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
November 02 2014 15:16 GMT
#12043
How was hyun and inno?
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 02 2014 15:16 GMT
#12044
On November 03 2014 00:16 KtJ wrote:
How was hyun and inno?

Weird.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
November 02 2014 15:18 GMT
#12045
On November 03 2014 00:16 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:16 KtJ wrote:
How was hyun and inno?

Weird.

what score i stopped halfway past taeja and soo it was 1:00 am
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 02 2014 15:20 GMT
#12046
On November 03 2014 00:18 KtJ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:16 The_Templar wrote:
On November 03 2014 00:16 KtJ wrote:
How was hyun and inno?

Weird.

what score i stopped halfway past taeja and soo it was 1:00 am

3-1. It's in the OP
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
November 02 2014 15:20 GMT
#12047
On November 03 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:18 KtJ wrote:
On November 03 2014 00:16 The_Templar wrote:
On November 03 2014 00:16 KtJ wrote:
How was hyun and inno?

Weird.

what score i stopped halfway past taeja and soo it was 1:00 am

3-1. It's in the OP

thanks
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
November 02 2014 15:26 GMT
#12048
Nice to see Hyun took a game. Only messed up 2 predictions for the ro16. Thought soO and Polt would each win 3-2.
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
November 02 2014 15:30 GMT
#12049
I fell asleep right after hyun won the first game. thought he somehow won it all. turns out he lost 3 in a row right after lol
rip passion
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 02 2014 15:30 GMT
#12050
I only have 4/8 liquibets, bye bye top 10, here we go top 100
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 02 2014 15:35 GMT
#12051
On November 03 2014 00:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I only have 4/8 liquibets, bye bye top 10, here we go top 100

I liquibetted Polt and jjakji. I don't know why I did that considering I was cheering for and predicting the other player in both series
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Hotshot
Profile Joined November 2004
Canada184 Posts
November 02 2014 15:37 GMT
#12052
As someone who does not like terran, I really did not enjoy the soo vs taeja game at all.. One of the commentator was going on about how good of a game it was and it might be the best game of a the year... I just left frustration for the zerg player. He clearly had the advantage, yet all terran had to do was be careful and do some kiting and he won...

Or how he was so impressed by a simple marine drop???? Any noob can load up 8 rines and drop them...

Overall very disappointed so far. 3 mirror match in ro8...
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 02 2014 15:38 GMT
#12053
On November 03 2014 00:35 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I only have 4/8 liquibets, bye bye top 10, here we go top 100

I liquibetted Polt and jjakji. I don't know why I did that considering I was cheering for and predicting the other player in both series

I had faith in JD (let's be real, it was kinda close :D).
Picked Jjakji over San (that was probably the only series where i just decided without any real "knowledge".
Thought soO will beat Taeja (cmon soO, it was no finals)
And Zest over Life, well yeah...

I just hope a lot of people made weird decisions :D
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
November 02 2014 15:39 GMT
#12054
On November 03 2014 00:37 Hotshot wrote:
As someone who does not like terran, I really did not enjoy the soo vs taeja game at all.. One of the commentator was going on about how good of a game it was and it might be the best game of a the year... I just left frustration for the zerg player. He clearly had the advantage, yet all terran had to do was be careful and do some kiting and he won...

Or how he was so impressed by a simple marine drop???? Any noob can load up 8 rines and drop them...

Overall very disappointed so far. 3 mirror match in ro8...

You also clearly don't understand Terran, or TVZ for that matter,
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
November 02 2014 15:40 GMT
#12055
On November 03 2014 00:37 Hotshot wrote:
As someone who does not like terran, I really did not enjoy the soo vs taeja game at all.. One of the commentator was going on about how good of a game it was and it might be the best game of a the year... I just left frustration for the zerg player. He clearly had the advantage, yet all terran had to do was be careful and do some kiting and he won...

Or how he was so impressed by a simple marine drop???? Any noob can load up 8 rines and drop them...

Overall very disappointed so far. 3 mirror match in ro8...

as a zerg player im going to ask you to please not comment on matchups you do not understand
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 02 2014 15:42 GMT
#12056
On November 03 2014 00:38 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:35 The_Templar wrote:
On November 03 2014 00:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I only have 4/8 liquibets, bye bye top 10, here we go top 100

I liquibetted Polt and jjakji. I don't know why I did that considering I was cheering for and predicting the other player in both series

I had faith in JD (let's be real, it was kinda close :D).
Picked Jjakji over San (that was probably the only series where i just decided without any real "knowledge".
Thought soO will beat Taeja (cmon soO, it was no finals)
And Zest over Life, well yeah...

I just hope a lot of people made weird decisions :D

Well, I picked both Classic and San pretty quickly in my bracket (which I made after I liquibetted).
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 02 2014 15:43 GMT
#12057
On November 03 2014 00:42 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:38 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 03 2014 00:35 The_Templar wrote:
On November 03 2014 00:30 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I only have 4/8 liquibets, bye bye top 10, here we go top 100

I liquibetted Polt and jjakji. I don't know why I did that considering I was cheering for and predicting the other player in both series

I had faith in JD (let's be real, it was kinda close :D).
Picked Jjakji over San (that was probably the only series where i just decided without any real "knowledge".
Thought soO will beat Taeja (cmon soO, it was no finals)
And Zest over Life, well yeah...

I just hope a lot of people made weird decisions :D

Well, I picked both Classic and San pretty quickly in my bracket (which I made after I liquibetted).

I don't care about the bracket, liquibet > bracket :D
But i think yesterday pretty much destroyed my chances to win it
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
November 02 2014 15:50 GMT
#12058
All eight of my predictions resulted in the other player winning
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Hotshot
Profile Joined November 2004
Canada184 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-02 15:57:23
November 02 2014 15:56 GMT
#12059
On November 03 2014 00:40 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 00:37 Hotshot wrote:
As someone who does not like terran, I really did not enjoy the soo vs taeja game at all.. One of the commentator was going on about how good of a game it was and it might be the best game of a the year... I just left frustration for the zerg player. He clearly had the advantage, yet all terran had to do was be careful and do some kiting and he won...

Or how he was so impressed by a simple marine drop???? Any noob can load up 8 rines and drop them...

Overall very disappointed so far. 3 mirror match in ro8...

as a zerg player im going to ask you to please not comment on matchups you do not understand



It does not matter if I do not 100% fully understand zvt, I understand enough to know I do not like it.
kaykoose
Profile Joined February 2014
United States2302 Posts
November 02 2014 15:59 GMT
#12060
On November 03 2014 00:37 Hotshot wrote:
As someone who does not like terran, I really did not enjoy the soo vs taeja game at all.. One of the commentator was going on about how good of a game it was and it might be the best game of a the year... I just left frustration for the zerg player. He clearly had the advantage, yet all terran had to do was be careful and do some kiting and he won...

Or how he was so impressed by a simple marine drop???? Any noob can load up 8 rines and drop them...

Overall very disappointed so far. 3 mirror match in ro8...


lol
Prev 1 601 602 603 604 605 608 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft423
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft423
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 84
-ZergGirl 70
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2366
Bale 14
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 4
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto12
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1190
taco 366
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox630
Other Games
summit1g8167
JimRising 732
Day[9].tv494
C9.Mang0411
WinterStarcraft197
ViBE169
Livibee140
Maynarde138
Sick136
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1078
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 16
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv494
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 13m
Stellar Fest
10h 13m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.