• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:50
CEST 15:50
KST 22:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8114 users

[IEM] San Jose Asia Qualifiers - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 39 Next All
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 09:51 GMT
#461
On October 23 2014 18:50 MiniFotToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

wat does BO stand for?


Build Order

On October 23 2014 18:48 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

That's why I didn't like the finals very much. I don't like to watch someone clearly underperforming, throwing games.

SoO threw several games imo. Not just the 2 rax one.

Really? Which ones?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 09:52 GMT
#462
Cast Life-San already D:
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
MiniFotToss
Profile Joined December 2013
China2430 Posts
October 23 2014 09:53 GMT
#463
On October 23 2014 18:51 covetousrat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:50 MiniFotToss wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

wat does BO stand for?


build order

oh damn, thanks man that was stupid, I just remembered LOL
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 23 2014 09:54 GMT
#464
On October 23 2014 18:50 covetousrat wrote:
WTF is Zest missing for 40 mins? Just give Rain free win..

If anything give Zest a free win...
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
October 23 2014 09:55 GMT
#465
On October 23 2014 18:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:50 covetousrat wrote:
WTF is Zest missing for 40 mins? Just give Rain free win..

If anything give Zest a free win...

Wot
Hello
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
October 23 2014 09:55 GMT
#466
wtf am i listening to on basetradeTV
Liquipedia"Expert"
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
October 23 2014 09:56 GMT
#467
On October 23 2014 18:51 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:50 MiniFotToss wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

wat does BO stand for?


Build Order

Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:48 Penev wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

That's why I didn't like the finals very much. I don't like to watch someone clearly underperforming, throwing games.

SoO threw several games imo. Not just the 2 rax one.

Really? Which ones?

Pff, I have to rewatch it to be precise but I'd say every map pretty much. I remember the last map being tense/ fun to watch but he certainly threw that one (lackluster drop defense for one thing).
I Protoss winner, could it be?
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 23 2014 09:57 GMT
#468
On October 23 2014 18:55 Keeemy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:50 covetousrat wrote:
WTF is Zest missing for 40 mins? Just give Rain free win..

If anything give Zest a free win...

Wot

He obviously does something really important right now, like saving the world and stuff
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Tzyx
Profile Joined August 2010
Northern Ireland281 Posts
October 23 2014 09:57 GMT
#469
Zest prolly working out between matches and got carried away
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
October 23 2014 09:57 GMT
#470
how long until zest is DQ for afk?
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 09:58:10
October 23 2014 09:57 GMT
#471
On October 23 2014 18:56 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:51 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:50 MiniFotToss wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

wat does BO stand for?


Build Order

On October 23 2014 18:48 Penev wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
It's RAIN VS ZEST

If you don't watch that, you don't like SC2


I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

That's why I didn't like the finals very much. I don't like to watch someone clearly underperforming, throwing games.

SoO threw several games imo. Not just the 2 rax one.

Really? Which ones?

Pff, I have to rewatch it to be precise but I'd say every map pretty much. I remember the last map being tense/ fun to watch but he certainly threw that one (lackluster drop defense for one thing).


That's a pretty broad definition of "throw." What's the last GSL finals you thought was good?
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
djraphi23
Profile Joined August 2013
France2262 Posts
October 23 2014 09:59 GMT
#472
According to Liquipedia, Hot6ix Cup ends the same week-end when IEM San Jose takes place (6-7Dec).
Zest and soO are already invited, I don't know why they participate to this qualifier.

Maybe Zest just figured this out and left
Polt | Bomber | MMA | Taeja | Maru | TY | Byun | Innovation
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
October 23 2014 09:59 GMT
#473
On October 23 2014 18:52 OtherWorld wrote:
Cast Life-San already D:

Life 2-0 San
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
October 23 2014 09:59 GMT
#474
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 10:00:57
October 23 2014 09:59 GMT
#475
"sorry gogo" Haha really.

Ooooh Life 2-0 San. GOOD SHIT.
Hello
Tzyx
Profile Joined August 2010
Northern Ireland281 Posts
October 23 2014 10:01 GMT
#476
On October 23 2014 18:57 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:56 Penev wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:50 MiniFotToss wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
[quote]

I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

wat does BO stand for?


Build Order

On October 23 2014 18:48 Penev wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
[quote]

I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

That's why I didn't like the finals very much. I don't like to watch someone clearly underperforming, throwing games.

SoO threw several games imo. Not just the 2 rax one.

Really? Which ones?

Pff, I have to rewatch it to be precise but I'd say every map pretty much. I remember the last map being tense/ fun to watch but he certainly threw that one (lackluster drop defense for one thing).


That's a pretty broad definition of "throw." What's the last GSL finals you thought was good?


I think SoO buckled mentally. Still enjoyed the finals tho, even as a SoO fan. Whilst the games wern't extra long or whatever, the back and forth made it a really enjoyable series to watch.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 23 2014 10:01 GMT
#477
LIFE IS GOD
AdministratorBreak the chains
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
October 23 2014 10:01 GMT
#478
If herO plays against Life like he did against Hyun, there's a good chance we get Life vs. Zest in these finals. That would be a neat preview for Blizzcon.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
October 23 2014 10:02 GMT
#479
On October 23 2014 18:57 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:56 Penev wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:50 MiniFotToss wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
[quote]

I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

wat does BO stand for?


Build Order

On October 23 2014 18:48 Penev wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:42 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:34 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 stuchiu wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:21 Big J wrote:
[quote]

I was on the verge of tuning out Innovation vs soO GSL finals after 3games... Probably just lost my passion.


well that finals sucked.


I'm honestly surprised so few people enjoyed that finals. The games sucked if judged individually, sure, but as a series, I found it very deep and rewarding as a fan of both players.

I agree. I mean, most GSLs finals suck anyway, and this one did not suck too much. Was there cheese? Yes. Was it bad, because both players made tons of mistakes that should never happen to Code S-level players? No. The only "bad" game, in term of quality of play, that I can think of is the Foxtrot game in which soO lost to a 2 rax despite going 14/14. Apart from that it was a fun a overall cool series.


Yeah, soO really bungled that. I wonder if we can go back to that and say that's the exact moment that he crumbled under the pressure. Because his decision making with retreating the Lings from Inno's depots made zero sense. He knew there could be nothing behind that wall. If he'd committed, at the very least he was guaranteed to suffocate Inno's income.

I don't if it is really pressure, but that's definitely the moment where INnoVation took the mental advantage. And yeah, 14/14 is pretty much supposed to be a BO win against 2rax, I don't even know how he lost that

That's why I didn't like the finals very much. I don't like to watch someone clearly underperforming, throwing games.

SoO threw several games imo. Not just the 2 rax one.

Really? Which ones?

Pff, I have to rewatch it to be precise but I'd say every map pretty much. I remember the last map being tense/ fun to watch but he certainly threw that one (lackluster drop defense for one thing).


That's a pretty broad definition of "throw." What's the last GSL finals you thought was good?

It's not a relative thing is it? If all finals are bad than they're all bad. Another bad one isn't suddenly a good one because it's better than an average final. I find it disappointing to watch someone clearly not playing his best. Doesn't mean that that's a 100% either though; I get enjoyment out of watching players like that regardless.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
October 23 2014 10:03 GMT
#480
IEM Qualifier, HSC KR Qualifier + Leifeng Cup, so many KR events in one day
Liquipedia"Expert"
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 711
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC399
TaKeTV 287
Rex115
IndyStarCraft 82
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 399
ProTech134
Rex 115
IndyStarCraft 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44454
Bisu 2539
Horang2 1350
Shuttle 896
EffOrt 765
Hyuk 621
BeSt 584
Soma 541
Light 418
Mini 403
[ Show more ]
Larva 339
Rush 225
ZerO 222
Mong 86
Leta 84
Snow 69
Sea.KH 55
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 49
Mind 44
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Aegong 27
Yoon 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 19
Noble 12
Trap 9
Rock 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6822
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1523
Khaldor1088
Lowko460
Other Games
singsing2088
hiko1571
olofmeister1518
Beastyqt466
B2W.Neo417
Livibee194
XaKoH 174
Hui .155
Liquid`VortiX133
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS70
djWHEAT68
QueenE32
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2712
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 10m
Online Event
21h 10m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.