• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:51
CEST 11:51
KST 18:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9314 users

Bitcoin Starcraft - Scarlett vs Naniwa for 14BTC - Page 15

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1745 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 88 Next
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 17 2013 16:25 GMT
#281
On December 18 2013 01:24 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Co-caster for this event will be Greg "IdrA" Fields

Woho!
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
December 17 2013 16:33 GMT
#282
On December 18 2013 01:24 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Co-caster for this event will be Greg "IdrA" Fields


Oh man, he is gonna be fucking pissed when Naniwa wins. I'm excited.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
December 17 2013 17:14 GMT
#283
nice to have a bit of Gregory sometimes
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
KWSmogwai
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1 Post
December 17 2013 17:18 GMT
#284
--- Nuked ---
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
December 17 2013 17:23 GMT
#285
On December 17 2013 15:54 styLesdavis wrote:
People should not forget that Bitcoin is a very interesting system but to be fair
it was often used for illegal ways in the past. I don`t want to sound offensive but
the complete Bitcoin system has to show in the future that it is more than a snowballing-system
with a wide range for price fluctuations.

and US Dollars has never been used for illegals ways right?
+
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
December 17 2013 17:25 GMT
#286
On December 17 2013 22:22 Squat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 18:52 SixStrings wrote:
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...

So Naniwa has way more money, yet somehow needs the win more? Que?

None of them need it for monetary reasons, or to prove anything in terms of achievements. It's about bragging rights, and all it's going to show is who is better at a terrible match-up on that particular day.

psht, everybody likes a +8000$ day more than bragging rights
Chrono000
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (South)358 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 18:32:47
December 17 2013 18:14 GMT
#287
haha, so much controversy over bitcoin. thats always a sign of something big. keep going guys!
Mudkipnick
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Korea (South)241 Posts
December 17 2013 18:47 GMT
#288
Cheering for Scarlett ^_^
Follow your dreams
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
December 17 2013 19:26 GMT
#289
On December 18 2013 01:24 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Co-caster for this event will be Greg "IdrA" Fields

YESSS!!!
Just waiting for the inevitable game where naniwa proxy 2gates and idra tries to hold in his rage lol
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
December 17 2013 19:27 GMT
#290
On December 18 2013 02:23 ROOTFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 15:54 styLesdavis wrote:
People should not forget that Bitcoin is a very interesting system but to be fair
it was often used for illegal ways in the past. I don`t want to sound offensive but
the complete Bitcoin system has to show in the future that it is more than a snowballing-system
with a wide range for price fluctuations.

and US Dollars has never been used for illegals ways right?



Of course, bitcoins must be exchanged for some kind of tangible asset, no?

I don't think you can use Bitcoin to buy anything, but I could be completely wrong. I'm still mind blown you can actually "mine" them on your PC if you so chose.
TL+ Member
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 19:36:56
December 17 2013 19:36 GMT
#291
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
December 17 2013 19:39 GMT
#292
On December 18 2013 04:36 ROOTFayth wrote:
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins


A Tesla Model S, I believe.

That company is so freaking awesome.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Starbucks
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom14 Posts
December 17 2013 19:52 GMT
#293
Argh, I honestly don't know who's gonna win! Thanks TotalBiscuit for hosting this!
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 20:00:13
December 17 2013 19:52 GMT
#294
On December 18 2013 04:39 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 04:36 ROOTFayth wrote:
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins


A Tesla Model S, I believe.

That company is so freaking awesome.


Lamborghini was bought with Bitcoins last week. So they accept is as well. (certain dealer(s)). More and more bigger companies are heading towards accepting BitCoin.

This from today:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
December 17 2013 19:53 GMT
#295
Scarlett should take this. But I predict Naniwa winning some games with 2-base timings/all-ins.

Every game he goes full out macro I believe he will lose, unless he takes a great risk or mixes up something unexpected.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 17 2013 19:59 GMT
#296
On December 18 2013 02:25 ROOTFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 22:22 Squat wrote:
On December 17 2013 18:52 SixStrings wrote:
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...

So Naniwa has way more money, yet somehow needs the win more? Que?

None of them need it for monetary reasons, or to prove anything in terms of achievements. It's about bragging rights, and all it's going to show is who is better at a terrible match-up on that particular day.

psht, everybody likes a +8000$ day more than bragging rights

Good thing like and need are not the same things then.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
December 17 2013 20:03 GMT
#297
On December 18 2013 04:36 ROOTFayth wrote:
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins



Oh, my mistake. Very cool!
TL+ Member
AySz88
Profile Joined March 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 21:37:20
December 17 2013 21:36 GMT
#298
Excited for matchup, meh on gimmicky prize, boo for Idra (don't need the distraction; hopefully the matches will be entertaining enough).

On December 18 2013 05:03 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 04:36 ROOTFayth wrote:
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins

Oh, my mistake. Very cool!


It's acting like gold though - it's going back to that old-school method of defining currency, and has all the problems (deflation, volatility, etc.) of not actually being a modern currency. Accepting payment in Bitcoins is like accepting in gold - not really that stupid, I guess. But I can't see it displacing "paper money" currencies that are actually engineered to act like currencies "should" in everyday life.

Though, I feel retarded for saying a while ago "this is stupid, it'll never behave like a good currency because of deflation" and then not actually realizing "omg that means I should buy a ton of it right now!"
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
December 17 2013 22:01 GMT
#299
On December 18 2013 04:39 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 04:36 ROOTFayth wrote:
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins


A Tesla Model S, I believe.

That company is so freaking awesome.

But do you actually pay with bitcoin (as in a tesla S is x bitcoin) or do you convert your bitcoin into USD and pay like that? I mean, I'm under the impression its the first way and then its no different from a guy buying a car with AOL stock in '99.

I'm as much prize money the players can get, but you practically have no idea what they're playing for here and neither have they.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
December 17 2013 22:31 GMT
#300
On December 18 2013 06:36 AySz88 wrote:
Excited for matchup, meh on gimmicky prize, boo for Idra (don't need the distraction; hopefully the matches will be entertaining enough).

Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 05:03 Ctone23 wrote:
On December 18 2013 04:36 ROOTFayth wrote:
of course you can buy things with bitcoins, it's considered an official currency in germany atm if I'm not mistaken, lots of websites accept bitcoin as payment, there was also a news of someone who bought a car worth ~90k I think with bitcoins

Oh, my mistake. Very cool!


It's acting like gold though - it's going back to that old-school method of defining currency, and has all the problems (deflation, volatility, etc.) of not actually being a modern currency. Accepting payment in Bitcoins is like accepting in gold - not really that stupid, I guess. But I can't see it displacing "paper money" currencies that are actually engineered to act like currencies "should" in everyday life.

Though, I feel retarded for saying a while ago "this is stupid, it'll never behave like a good currency because of deflation" and then not actually realizing "omg that means I should buy a ton of it right now!"


It's an old tale, the volatility of financial markets. I need to research bitcoin more. The ACTUAL bitcoin. Apparently you can physically mine them on your own PC? Is it gold? I don't understand.

Gold has many applications through technology that helps drive the value, it's not because it's shiny.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech111
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 435
910 359
BeSt 330
Hyuk 302
Light 274
Horang2 250
Pusan 117
EffOrt 89
Dewaltoss 84
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 66
Shinee 56
Stork 55
Killer 48
ZerO 43
Mong 41
Yoon 38
Rush 32
Mind 30
Bale 27
Sharp 23
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 18
sorry 17
hero 11
Noble 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe203
League of Legends
JimRising 378
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1371
pashabiceps794
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2373
Khaldor652
Other Games
gofns32031
singsing1368
ceh9644
XBOCT336
DeMusliM181
Pyrionflax156
Mew2King124
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick604
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream259
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH256
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2255
League of Legends
• Jankos1489
• Stunt443
Other Games
• WagamamaTV167
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 9m
Stellar Fest
3h 9m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.