• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:26
CEST 09:26
KST 16:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8026 users

Bitcoin Starcraft - Scarlett vs Naniwa for 14BTC - Page 14

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1745 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 88 Next
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 04:30:17
December 17 2013 04:28 GMT
#261
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


I know they're the sponsors you grabbed, but is bitcoin really your horse?

Anyway, for fun anyone have speculation on what might be Nani's excuse if he loses?
"The zen of the room affected my play."

Or what Scarlett will post on SRS this time?
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
December 17 2013 04:41 GMT
#262
On December 17 2013 13:28 Sabu113 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


I know they're the sponsors you grabbed, but is bitcoin really your horse?

Anyway, for fun anyone have speculation on what might be Nani's excuse if he loses?
"The zen of the room affected my play."

Or what Scarlett will post on SRS this time?

Probably something about cross server play, which I think is a viable excuse even though it affects both players (as they will alternate).
ChoDing
Profile Joined November 2009
United States740 Posts
December 17 2013 05:04 GMT
#263
how much is 12 BTC in US dollars?

like 4 thousand bucks??
관광 since 2008. Master of Cheese. God of Heartbreak Ridge.
Nus5
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany46 Posts
December 17 2013 05:18 GMT
#264
On December 17 2013 14:04 ChoDing wrote:
how much is 12 BTC in US dollars?

like 4 thousand bucks??


At this time you would get 700$ for one BTC which means 12 would be 8400$. But BTC is on a downtrend lately it might rise in the future again or keep falling. If you want to keep up with the exact Price you can look here http://bitcointicker.co/# .
Darkren
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1841 Posts
December 17 2013 05:31 GMT
#265
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Communities are not represented by individuals

Individuals do no represent communities

Have a nice day

"Yeah, I send (hopefully) helpful PM's quite frequently. You don't have to warn/ban everything" - KadaverBB
styLesdavis
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany833 Posts
December 17 2013 06:54 GMT
#266
People should not forget that Bitcoin is a very interesting system but to be fair
it was often used for illegal ways in the past. I don`t want to sound offensive but
the complete Bitcoin system has to show in the future that it is more than a snowballing-system
with a wide range for price fluctuations.
LiquidTLO - LiquidTaeja - LiquidHero - LiquidSnute - LiquidRet
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
December 17 2013 08:04 GMT
#267
On December 17 2013 14:31 Darkren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Communities are not represented by individuals

Individuals do no represent communities

Have a nice day



Sure, but it's not the first time someone or a few bitch about something ridiculous.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
December 17 2013 08:07 GMT
#268
On December 17 2013 14:31 Darkren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Communities are not represented by individuals

Individuals do no represent communities

Have a nice day


*facepalm*, I think knows that dude. ********CONTEXT******
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
VasHeR
Profile Joined June 2011
166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 08:55:42
December 17 2013 08:52 GMT
#269
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*

Dude, you are a well known and respected community figure. You are Owner, Manager, Sponsorship & PR Coordinator (lp) of Axiom, and you made this thread. Your words are the ones we are looking at, not so much nameless bm haters. It's a little ridiculous for you to sink to their level and then say "Well, he started it." I don't care if he was BM and started it, it doesn't mean it's ok for you to be BM back. Do I sound like a kindergarten teacher now? That must be how mods here feel all the time.

I'm a fan of axiom, of you, and of your casting, and all I'm asking is for you to resist the urge to (counter) bm random people when there's really no purpose to it (unless they've really got it coming). I know troll bait is tasty, but it's unhealthy.

I hope you can leave the forum flaming to the trolls, but if it's just one of your vices or something, then whatever, I guess.
Anyway, thanks for playing such a big part in bringing us this showmatch.
PrideNeverDie
Profile Joined November 2010
United States319 Posts
December 17 2013 09:52 GMT
#270
On December 17 2013 17:52 VasHeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*

Dude, you are a well known and respected community figure. You are Owner, Manager, Sponsorship & PR Coordinator (lp) of Axiom, and you made this thread. Your words are the ones we are looking at, not so much nameless bm haters. It's a little ridiculous for you to sink to their level and then say "Well, he started it." I don't care if he was BM and started it, it doesn't mean it's ok for you to be BM back. Do I sound like a kindergarten teacher now? That must be how mods here feel all the time.

I'm a fan of axiom, of you, and of your casting, and all I'm asking is for you to resist the urge to (counter) bm random people when there's really no purpose to it (unless they've really got it coming). I know troll bait is tasty, but it's unhealthy.

I hope you can leave the forum flaming to the trolls, but if it's just one of your vices or something, then whatever, I guess.
Anyway, thanks for playing such a big part in bringing us this showmatch.


TotalBiscuit told the truth. As a respected community figure, his opinion holds more weight than nameless bm haters. if TotalBiscuit says that IcedBacon was trying to ruin the prizepool and event, i will take TotalBiscuit's word over the random nameless bm hater.

Also, since TotalBiscuit is a respected community figure and you are a random nameless bm hater, i'm going to go with TotalBiscuit's word over you. TotalBiscuit was just telling the truth and you are projecting your trollness onto TotalBiscuit's posts. All i'm asking is for you to stop trying to troll responses from respected community figures.
If you want it bad enough you will find a way; If you don't, you will find an excuse
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
December 17 2013 09:52 GMT
#271
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 17 2013 13:22 GMT
#272
On December 17 2013 18:52 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...

So Naniwa has way more money, yet somehow needs the win more? Que?

None of them need it for monetary reasons, or to prove anything in terms of achievements. It's about bragging rights, and all it's going to show is who is better at a terrible match-up on that particular day.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 13:52:17
December 17 2013 13:51 GMT
#273
On December 17 2013 22:22 Squat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 18:52 SixStrings wrote:
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...

So Naniwa has way more money, yet somehow needs the win more? Que?

None of them need it for monetary reasons, or to prove anything in terms of achievements. It's about bragging rights, and all it's going to show is who is better at a terrible match-up on that particular day.


Yes, but Naniwa is more focused on his pride and winning than Scarlett, at least that's the impression I'm getting.
Therefore I would also say that he needs it "more" (not that this is anything bad).
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 17 2013 13:57 GMT
#274
On December 17 2013 22:51 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 22:22 Squat wrote:
On December 17 2013 18:52 SixStrings wrote:
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...

So Naniwa has way more money, yet somehow needs the win more? Que?

None of them need it for monetary reasons, or to prove anything in terms of achievements. It's about bragging rights, and all it's going to show is who is better at a terrible match-up on that particular day.


Yes, but Naniwa is more focused on his pride and winning than Scarlett, at least that's the impression I'm getting.
Therefore I would also say that he needs it "more" (not that this is anything bad).

He probably takes losses harder, Scarlett is far better at staying composed under adversity. He's not as bad as he used to be, but the raged pretty hard after SD tooled him(again). Don't really see that kind of relative immaturity as much of a reason to root for someone tbh.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 14:23:21
December 17 2013 14:20 GMT
#275
On December 17 2013 18:52 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*


Don't be a dick, 90% of the posts here are so positive, cheering for Naniwa or Scarlett, thanking you directly and showing appreciation. You know we love you for doing the stuff you do, can't you be a bit more thick skinned towards those who have (this time actually valid) concerns?

At any rate, predicting Scarlett to take this 4:2, but hoping for a narrow Naniwa victory.
They're both really deserving of a win, but I feel that Naniwa 'needs' it more.

Then again, he's probably at five times the salary Scarlett is...


Hoping bitcoins to crash is not expressing "valid concerns." And it's not much of a "valid" concern in the first place as long as Naniwa and Scarlett are aware of it in the first place. You don't have to white knight either of them.
LongShot27
Profile Joined May 2013
United States2084 Posts
December 17 2013 14:35 GMT
#276
On December 17 2013 18:52 PrideNeverDie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 17:52 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 13:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:37 VasHeR wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:09 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:55 IcedBacon wrote:
Yeah... can't wait for bitcoins to crash :p


"Can't wait for this prizepool and event to be ruined, presumably because I'm a terrible person"

Whooooah buddy. Wtf. Looked to me like he was just commenting on his distaste for a potentially fad currency which is so unpredictable that you entertain that idea that it could ruin an event 5 days away. I don't really know much about bitcoins, so maybe I'm wrong, but to me this looked pretty bm of you TB. Stop reading forums, dude. It's getting to you.


Yeah sure.... I'm the BM one here.

This community *rolleyes*

Dude, you are a well known and respected community figure. You are Owner, Manager, Sponsorship & PR Coordinator (lp) of Axiom, and you made this thread. Your words are the ones we are looking at, not so much nameless bm haters. It's a little ridiculous for you to sink to their level and then say "Well, he started it." I don't care if he was BM and started it, it doesn't mean it's ok for you to be BM back. Do I sound like a kindergarten teacher now? That must be how mods here feel all the time.

I'm a fan of axiom, of you, and of your casting, and all I'm asking is for you to resist the urge to (counter) bm random people when there's really no purpose to it (unless they've really got it coming). I know troll bait is tasty, but it's unhealthy.

I hope you can leave the forum flaming to the trolls, but if it's just one of your vices or something, then whatever, I guess.
Anyway, thanks for playing such a big part in bringing us this showmatch.


TotalBiscuit told the truth. As a respected community figure, his opinion holds more weight than nameless bm haters. if TotalBiscuit says that IcedBacon was trying to ruin the prizepool and event, i will take TotalBiscuit's word over the random nameless bm hater.

Also, since TotalBiscuit is a respected community figure and you are a random nameless bm hater, i'm going to go with TotalBiscuit's word over you. TotalBiscuit was just telling the truth and you are projecting your trollness onto TotalBiscuit's posts. All i'm asking is for you to stop trying to troll responses from respected community figures.


Your hero worship is showing
If all men were created equal there would be no reason to declare it.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 17 2013 15:06 GMT
#277
On December 17 2013 11:10 Shinespark wrote:
What is a bitcoin?


As I understand it its a currency invented on the internet that people buy into. Not backed by anyone except the currency itself and largely reliant on how much people think they're worth. Hence the huge fluctuations and constant risk of going sky-high or crashing hard on a day-by-day basis.

Its produced by computers doing complicated calculations and being awarded them for doing these calculations and a few places accept it to buy things with. The value has increased something like tenfold in the past year but, as the graph earlier in this thread shows, its real-world value has dropped more than 10% in 24 hours. Because that's just what happens with it, its a very volatile commodity by nature.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
PureApeshit
Profile Joined September 2013
Spain7 Posts
December 17 2013 15:25 GMT
#278
On December 18 2013 00:06 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 11:10 Shinespark wrote:
What is a bitcoin?


As I understand it its a currency invented on the internet that people buy into. Not backed by anyone except the currency itself and largely reliant on how much people think they're worth. Hence the huge fluctuations and constant risk of going sky-high or crashing hard on a day-by-day basis.

Its produced by computers doing complicated calculations and being awarded them for doing these calculations and a few places accept it to buy things with. The value has increased something like tenfold in the past year but, as the graph earlier in this thread shows, its real-world value has dropped more than 10% in 24 hours. Because that's just what happens with it, its a very volatile commodity by nature.


let me fix your post: it is not volatile commodity by nature, by nature it is less volatile than dollar or euro, because it will have fixed amount and wont be printed on wish. What you mean it is volatile at the moment, because it is underground and not minstream and has small user base, which means one thing, like in this case china acting bad to bitcoin, cousing panic and big devaluation, whihc would not happen if bitcoin was mainstream, because noone(except currency traders, as dollar value compared to other currencies is fluctuating too) would care what china thinks then.
i am AngriestCat on youtubes :D, Jaedong is my looooveeeee!!!
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
December 17 2013 16:04 GMT
#279
On December 17 2013 15:54 styLesdavis wrote:
People should not forget that Bitcoin is a very interesting system but to be fair
it was often used for illegal ways in the past. I don`t want to sound offensive but
the complete Bitcoin system has to show in the future that it is more than a snowballing-system
with a wide range for price fluctuations.


You know what else was used for illegal transactions?

Dollars
+
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
December 17 2013 16:24 GMT
#280
Co-caster for this event will be Greg "IdrA" Fields
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 157
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 731
HiyA 179
Mong 58
Shine 52
Bale 35
NotJumperer 32
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft769
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9403
PiGStarcraft338
olofmeister321
Happy245
Livibee134
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream507
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH157
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2399
League of Legends
• Lourlo1498
• Rush1389
• Stunt503
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 34m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.