• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:17
CEST 14:17
KST 21:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7882 users

[WCS Finals] Day 3 Season 3 Grand Finals 2013 - Page 232

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 230 231 232 233 234 308 Next
Please avoid balance whining as usual.
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4621
On October 28 2013 09:08 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:07 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:05 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:03 Necosarius wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:02 Chessz wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:01 templar rage wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:00 Fyzar wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:58 Ammanas wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:57 tshi wrote:
[quote]
Like my ex-wife.


Linda?

LOL - I didn't even get the fucking reference, that's how far that one was gone from my memory... Holy shit, idk if I have a shitty memory or I just don't want to remember these things..


You're better off not remembering.



OH GOD ... NOT LINDA .. PLS .. what was that guy's name?? WAIT NO PLS DONT TELL

Someone explain? :|

It was a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedian"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" who performed at the IGN Finals, I think. I forgot which ones...But the point is, his schtick was super unfunny and most of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""punchlines"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ended in, :"Iike my ex-wife, Lidia". IIRC, he was booed or something and he left the stage all awkwardly and angry.

You might say it was cringeworthy

Hey, your sig! I was there when it happened. I was talking about how much I love Skrillex and how I listen to him every day, and then Shellbot mentioned that he thinks Nickel back isn't that bad and I remember I was like "EWWWWW" @ him. ^^

I would say that Nickelback is more than not bad, they are actually decent


There was a popular comedy routine about 10 years ago that made fun of them and it kind of caught on, they were pretty popular before then.
MooMu
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada615 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4622
I thought they were gonna make them sing the Canadian national anthem.
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4623
On October 28 2013 09:06 Crazypyro1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:05 oogieogie wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:01 Daogin wrote:
Forgot that we live in a world that demands perfection

or just one that prefers to have just one awkward ceremony per tournament instead of my ex wife linda.


Do you hate fun? You need to relax. Only people that didn't enjoy that are people that are taking themselves and this tournament way too seriously.


I wouldn't say it was fun, but I also wouldn't say if was amazing, it was, well, those performance had nothing special, maybe due to songs he choosed, it was a timekilling procedure while short downtime. But I agree, we should not have all the content related to sc2, it looks nerdy for those who's not in scene or esports in common.
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4624
On October 28 2013 09:04 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:03 Fnejko wrote:
I'm hoping for a when i'm grandmaster to close out the show.


All the songs he did were originals which leads me to think h can't do parodies for liscensing reasons



I'm thinking this is probably the case. Real shame, "Dan" and "When I'm Grandmaster" would have both been great.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4625
why is it so dramatic -_-
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4626
Clutch way too serious
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4627
I think the crowd might be ready
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Waise
Profile Joined June 2013
3165 Posts
October 28 2013 00:09 GMT
#4628
On October 28 2013 09:09 oogieogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:06 Crazypyro1 wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:05 oogieogie wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:01 Daogin wrote:
Forgot that we live in a world that demands perfection

or just one that prefers to have just one awkward ceremony per tournament instead of my ex wife linda.


Do you hate fun? You need to relax. Only people that didn't enjoy that are people that are taking themselves and this tournament way too seriously.

what the fuck..do i hate fun? I am watching a SC2 tournament for fun lol. You need to realize that not everyone is going to like something, and there is nothing wrong with saying that they didn't like it.

should we be more constructive as to why? I guess. would I rather not have rap like this for SC2 tournaments? yes.


the people defending that rapper actually seem a lot more angry and negative than the people who didn't like it, lol
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-28 00:10:26
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4629
On October 28 2013 09:08 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:07 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:05 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:03 Necosarius wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:02 Chessz wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:01 templar rage wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:00 Fyzar wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:58 Ammanas wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:57 tshi wrote:
[quote]
Like my ex-wife.


Linda?

LOL - I didn't even get the fucking reference, that's how far that one was gone from my memory... Holy shit, idk if I have a shitty memory or I just don't want to remember these things..


You're better off not remembering.



OH GOD ... NOT LINDA .. PLS .. what was that guy's name?? WAIT NO PLS DONT TELL

Someone explain? :|

It was a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedian"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" who performed at the IGN Finals, I think. I forgot which ones...But the point is, his schtick was super unfunny and most of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""punchlines"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ended in, :"Iike my ex-wife, Lidia". IIRC, he was booed or something and he left the stage all awkwardly and angry.

You might say it was cringeworthy

Hey, your sig! I was there when it happened. I was talking about how much I love Skrillex and how I listen to him every day, and then Shellbot mentioned that he thinks Nickel back isn't that bad and I remember I was like "EWWWWW" @ him. ^^

I would say that Nickelback is more than not bad, they are actually decent

Would you say Nickelback is to music what Sniper is to SC2 ?

+ Show Spoiler +
i would say RoRo, but i hate that guy too much
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4630
On October 28 2013 09:08 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:05 BisuDagger wrote:
I think more people want Dear to lose cause he's protoss. Even though he's really friggin good.


He's better than really friggin good, though. He's absolutely incredible.

To me he's shown by FAR the best Protoss play in the GSL and WCS s3 finals; he's like a mix of Rain's defensive play, Parting's army control and compositions and Squirtle's genius builds.

He's scrappy as hell, too. Always active, always multi-tasking and always attacking in more than one place.

It's always appropriate to name skt toss players when describing the best Toss in a tournament.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Hryul
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria2609 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4631
On October 28 2013 09:09 Waise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:08 Cheren wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:07 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:05 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:03 Necosarius wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:02 Chessz wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:01 templar rage wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:00 Fyzar wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:58 Ammanas wrote:
[quote]

Linda?

LOL - I didn't even get the fucking reference, that's how far that one was gone from my memory... Holy shit, idk if I have a shitty memory or I just don't want to remember these things..


You're better off not remembering.



OH GOD ... NOT LINDA .. PLS .. what was that guy's name?? WAIT NO PLS DONT TELL

Someone explain? :|

It was a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedian"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" who performed at the IGN Finals, I think. I forgot which ones...But the point is, his schtick was super unfunny and most of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""punchlines"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ended in, :"Iike my ex-wife, Lidia". IIRC, he was booed or something and he left the stage all awkwardly and angry.

You might say it was cringeworthy

Hey, your sig! I was there when it happened. I was talking about how much I love Skrillex and how I listen to him every day, and then Shellbot mentioned that he thinks Nickel back isn't that bad and I remember I was like "EWWWWW" @ him. ^^


Nickleback is generic and dull, not aggressively bad.

they're as bad as any band that popular can possibly be

i mean yeah, i could fart into a tub of jello and release an album of it, but no one would ever hear it. i had to endure nickelback on the radio

turn off the radio?
Countdown to victory: 1 200!
oogieogie
Profile Joined June 2011
United States3657 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4632
On October 28 2013 09:08 negativedge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:01 oogieogie wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:59 havok55 wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:55 TeslasPigeon wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:53 negativedge wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 28 2013 08:51 TeslasPigeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 08:48 oogieogie wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:47 TeslasPigeon wrote:
This is cringe worthy. What is up with starcraft events making parody songs about starcraft rather than actually hiring local bands or something?

why not just skip making damn songs, and instead just play the damn games/try to make non awkward ceremonys


I can understand the need for breaks for players and to provide entertainment besides SC2 games.

But why the fuck would you play songs relating to SC2? It is the pinnacle of cringe and pathetic on all accounts. We don't need to relate every single thing to SC2.

Just hire some local talent that would be absolutely better for all accounts.

Now doing a song dedicated to Day9? What the fucking hell. This is cringe of the highest caliber.

This would border on fanatic if it weren't so pathetic.


dawg I'm pretty sure you need to loosen up


I can't. The cringe is too much.

This is worse than the Scott's Tots episode.


A legit performer with good flow and lyrics doing song about games we love... so cringe worthy! I'm sure you're not infinite more awkward than Temp0.

in a sc2 event surrounded by people dancing while he just raps..yes it is pretty cringe worthy for me. Also who are you to decide what is cringe worthy for me or someone else? It doesn't matter if someone else is infinite more awkward then Temp0.


yeah man, rapping and dancing, what a weird combination

...

I must have missed the showing of starcraft 2 players got talent.
DifuntO
Profile Joined November 2011
Greece2376 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4633
My body is ready. This is gonna be epic!!!
All I do is Stim.
ArTiFaKs
Profile Joined September 2013
United States1229 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4634
On October 28 2013 09:06 Markwerf wrote:
damn why do Gretorp and Day9 have to cast this finals. I can't stand Day9, he is so fucking full of himself.


Lol seriously? Day9 full of himself? Dude is the most humble and selfless person really, I think you're just either jealous or are one of those people that just hate things for no reason or because other people seem like like him so you have to hate him to be "cool". He's a great caster and his done a shitload for the starcraft community and I really can't understand why people need to talk shit and hate on the guy.
There are things known, and things unknown, and in-between are the doors.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4635
On October 28 2013 09:08 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:05 BisuDagger wrote:
I think more people want Dear to lose cause he's protoss. Even though he's really friggin good.


He's better than really friggin good, though. He's absolutely incredible.

To me he's shown by FAR the best Protoss play in the GSL and WCS s3 finals; he's like a mix of Rain's defensive play, Parting's army control and compositions and Squirtle's genius builds.

He's scrappy as hell, too. Always active, always multi-tasking and always attacking in more than one place.


Its more like, he has First's map awareness and aggression, Trap's builds, Rain's builds and a high level of control that is comparable to everyone else without getting stylistic (i.e. Pariting good with FFS, storm, MC good with stalker and FF, Rain good with robo and FF, etc.)
Moderator
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4636
Soul and Stars are the two best teams in the world.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4637
On October 28 2013 09:07 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:06 sparklyresidue wrote:
Come on Soulkey! I have to say I'm rooting for him, but at the same time, Dear seems like a really awesome guy. Win/win for me I guess. It'd also be cool for the Code S champ to win the Season Finals too.

They are both Code S champs though :D

Even better! I meant current though, that hasn't happened yet!
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4638
On October 28 2013 09:10 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 09:08 Shellshock wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:07 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:05 tshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:03 Necosarius wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:02 Chessz wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:01 templar rage wrote:
On October 28 2013 09:00 Fyzar wrote:
On October 28 2013 08:58 Ammanas wrote:
[quote]

Linda?

LOL - I didn't even get the fucking reference, that's how far that one was gone from my memory... Holy shit, idk if I have a shitty memory or I just don't want to remember these things..


You're better off not remembering.



OH GOD ... NOT LINDA .. PLS .. what was that guy's name?? WAIT NO PLS DONT TELL

Someone explain? :|

It was a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedian"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" who performed at the IGN Finals, I think. I forgot which ones...But the point is, his schtick was super unfunny and most of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""punchlines"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ended in, :"Iike my ex-wife, Lidia". IIRC, he was booed or something and he left the stage all awkwardly and angry.

You might say it was cringeworthy

Hey, your sig! I was there when it happened. I was talking about how much I love Skrillex and how I listen to him every day, and then Shellbot mentioned that he thinks Nickel back isn't that bad and I remember I was like "EWWWWW" @ him. ^^

I would say that Nickelback is more than not bad, they are actually decent

Would you say Nickelback is to music what Sniper is to SC2 ?

Something that's not actually that bad but gets lots of bandwagon hate? Yea I guess you could make that analogy
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ClueClueClue
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1203 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4639
Poll: Are you ready???

CANADA (16)
 
67%

FUCK YEAH (4)
 
17%

Sorry, I lost my passion and I suck (3)
 
13%

YES (1)
 
4%

24 total votes

Your vote: Are you ready???

(Vote): YES
(Vote): FUCK YEAH
(Vote): CANADA
(Vote): Sorry, I lost my passion and I suck


Cogito, ergo toss.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
October 28 2013 00:10 GMT
#4640
how many translators NASL have?
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
Prev 1 230 231 232 233 234 308 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings163
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko358
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4214
Jaedong 2437
actioN 1087
EffOrt 728
Soma 568
Horang2 546
Killer 438
BeSt 388
Leta 329
Stork 224
[ Show more ]
Mini 216
Pusan 167
Rush 147
Zeus 140
Light 123
Barracks 111
Snow 80
JYJ 77
ggaemo 75
Larva 69
Mong 45
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 36
hero 35
Bale 29
Shinee 25
sorry 24
Sharp 21
zelot 16
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5939
Dendi601
XaKoH 375
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_52
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3245
Other Games
gofns44545
singsing1561
olofmeister1247
byalli550
B2W.Neo337
Livibee191
OGKoka 98
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV351
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV235
League of Legends
• Jankos1620
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 43m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 43m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.