• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5976 users

[WCS AM] Premier League Ro16 Group B - Page 42

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 Next All
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 16 2013 02:03 GMT
#821
On October 16 2013 10:58 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 10:49 felisconcolori wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:48 geokilla wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:46 Waise wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:45 Darkhoarse wrote:
If you stop watching WCS/Blizzcon because Scarlett is out, you're not a fan of SC2...

if you don't watch every single sc2 game streamed on the internet, you're not a fan of sc2. watch all the games or you don't have ESPORTS PASSION

There's so much SC2 content it's not even funny... WAY too much.


I respectfully disagree. This is not 2012.


2012 was tough. Really tough. But this year is impossible.


I'm not seeing it, sorry. In 2012, I never had a problem watching a tournament of some kind going on at any time. I'm finding times where I look at the Live Streams and Events listing, and I just can't find anything.

+ Show Spoiler +
Sure, I could watch avilo stream, but he's not my preferred meching terran stream. Or CatZ. But specifically tournament or competitive games? Nope.


But damn, if I want to watch Hearthstone and rage at the people playing for taking too damn long...

... did I just channel Wax?
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Waise
Profile Joined June 2013
3165 Posts
October 16 2013 02:03 GMT
#822
On October 16 2013 11:00 Wombat_NI wrote:
And we're stating our opinion on their opinion, which we're entitled to do.

Tis a vicious circle if you adopt that mentality y'know, may as well make arbitrary cutoffs as to what is acceptable/not in an LR thread.

of course, but up until your post i didn't see anyone really being rude or negative in my opinion, then you came along and made a (seemingly angry) post saying "STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!!!" it just seemed odd to me. but it's all a matter of interpretations, so it's obviously not a big deal. i just think if you want to discourage people from being negative, yelling at them might not be the best deterrent not trying to insult or criticize though
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-16 02:05:39
October 16 2013 02:03 GMT
#823
On October 16 2013 11:00 Waise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 10:58 Wombat_NI wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:56 Waise wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:54 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:52 doffe wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:45 Darkhoarse wrote:
If you stop watching WCS/Blizzcon because Scarlett is out, you're not a fan of SC2...



I hope it's a joke cause if it's not it's pretty stupid. I think alot of people stop watching tournaments in any sport once their favourite is out.

Yeah but I don't skip the playoffs if the Patriots miss them. (American football reference) If you can't bring yourself to watch the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS because Scarlett isn't there, then you aren't a fan of SC2. I stand by it.

i never understood this. what does it mean that you aren't a fan/real fan? and so what if you aren't? does that mean i don't get to sit at the real fans table?

i'm not trying to start an argument, i just don't get the point of saying it. to me a fan is someone who follows the game at all. it's not a competition of who likes the game more. some people are into it a little bit and some people are into it a lot

It's a simple distinction between being a fan of the game itself, and being a fan/supporter of a player/team, with maybe only a passing interest in the scene as a whole.

I mean, if I stop watching a tennis tournament because say, Roger Federer is out, versus a guy who watches all the way to completion regardless, it's not to say you're not a 'real' fan perhaps, but he'd definitely be considered a more dedicated/neutral one to me.

my question was what is the point of the distinction? i always see the "real" fans talking about who is or isn't a "real fan", and i'm talking about real sports too where i've seen the same thing (baseball football etc.). i'm honestly just at a loss for why you would say to someone "you're not a real fan!" like, what are they supposed to do? apologize?

No I guess they are supposed to just not watch? Idk. I dunno maybe my statement was dumb
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Applesmack
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada680 Posts
October 16 2013 02:04 GMT
#824
Either way I'm not sure what I care about more. With Naniwa, Blizzcon gets viewers and Starcraft prospers, but I have to watch him. If he isn't there, I will feel better inside but we will have less viewers. It is a tough decision which side to take.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 16 2013 02:04 GMT
#825
On October 16 2013 11:03 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
While everyone was busy with the drama, I've been sneaking Backstreet Boys lyrics into this thread.

No need to thank me.

I really really respect you right now.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 16 2013 02:04 GMT
#826
On October 16 2013 11:04 Applesmack wrote:
Either way I'm not sure what I care about more. With Naniwa, Blizzcon gets viewers and Starcraft prospers, but I have to watch him. If he isn't there, I will feel better inside but we will have less viewers. It is a tough decision which side to take.

You can watch and root against him! Will be fun!
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
October 16 2013 02:05 GMT
#827
On October 16 2013 11:03 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
While everyone was busy with the drama, I've been sneaking Backstreet Boys lyrics into this thread.

No need to thank me.


Backstreet's back, alright!
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
October 16 2013 02:06 GMT
#828
On October 16 2013 11:04 Applesmack wrote:
Either way I'm not sure what I care about more. With Naniwa, Blizzcon gets viewers and Starcraft prospers, but I have to watch him. If he isn't there, I will feel better inside but we will have less viewers. It is a tough decision which side to take.


Sc will prosper fine with or without Naniwa being at Blizzcon.
Moderator
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
October 16 2013 02:09 GMT
#829
On October 16 2013 11:00 Applesmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 10:58 Wombat_NI wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:56 Waise wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:54 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:52 doffe wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:45 Darkhoarse wrote:
If you stop watching WCS/Blizzcon because Scarlett is out, you're not a fan of SC2...



I hope it's a joke cause if it's not it's pretty stupid. I think alot of people stop watching tournaments in any sport once their favourite is out.

Yeah but I don't skip the playoffs if the Patriots miss them. (American football reference) If you can't bring yourself to watch the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS because Scarlett isn't there, then you aren't a fan of SC2. I stand by it.

i never understood this. what does it mean that you aren't a fan/real fan? and so what if you aren't? does that mean i don't get to sit at the real fans table?

i'm not trying to start an argument, i just don't get the point of saying it. to me a fan is someone who follows the game at all. it's not a competition of who likes the game more. some people are into it a little bit and some people are into it a lot

It's a simple distinction between being a fan of the game itself, and being a fan/supporter of a player/team, with maybe only a passing interest in the scene as a whole.

I mean, if I stop watching a tennis tournament because say, Roger Federer is out, versus a guy who watches all the way to completion regardless, it's not to say you're not a 'real' fan perhaps, but he'd definitely be considered a more dedicated/neutral one to me.


Haha you realize that's how the vast majority of people think right? Why would I watch sports if my favourite team is not there? Sure I may watch the Superbowl or the Stanley Cup because it is a major once per year event, but there is no way I'm watching games that my favorite team or player isn't playing in. And I DEFINATELY wont watch games where I have to watch a player I hate (in this case Naniwa). If I only cared about Starcraft scene for the games, I would just go and play myself.

Most people might be more likely to watch if their favourites are involved sure, but major sporting events have viewing figures that absolutely dwarf the entire populations of the competing nations/teams oftenplace.

Why would you not watch a player you hate, and root against him?

WCS Finals are meant to be the equivalent of the aforementioned events, the World Championship after all?

Watching the competitive scene for quality of games and going to play the game yourself are different. I mean I can go and pass a football around, it's not the same thing as watching the pros doing it from the comfort of my own home, with the fans and the atmosphere and the excitement around it.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 16 2013 02:09 GMT
#830
On October 16 2013 11:06 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 11:04 Applesmack wrote:
Either way I'm not sure what I care about more. With Naniwa, Blizzcon gets viewers and Starcraft prospers, but I have to watch him. If he isn't there, I will feel better inside but we will have less viewers. It is a tough decision which side to take.


Sc will prosper fine with or without Naniwa being at Blizzcon.


Shh, you're disrupting the storyline.

Although Naniwa even being in contention for the spot, alongside Scarlett until she lost tonight, might say something to the wider community as a whole. They both have spent an awful lot of time in Korea, even if Naniwa hasn't been there in 6 months.

+ Show Spoiler +
Is there something in the water? I think there's something in the water.
+ Show Spoiler +

Maybe it's the pocari sweat.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
October 16 2013 02:09 GMT
#831
On October 16 2013 11:03 Waise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 11:00 Wombat_NI wrote:
And we're stating our opinion on their opinion, which we're entitled to do.

Tis a vicious circle if you adopt that mentality y'know, may as well make arbitrary cutoffs as to what is acceptable/not in an LR thread.

of course, but up until your post i didn't see anyone really being rude or negative in my opinion, then you came along and made a (seemingly angry) post saying "STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!!!" it just seemed odd to me. but it's all a matter of interpretations, so it's obviously not a big deal. i just think if you want to discourage people from being negative, yelling at them might not be the best deterrent not trying to insult or criticize though

Straw that broke the camel's back. No problemo.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 16 2013 02:10 GMT
#832
Damn. Too bad for Scarlett. I though she was gonna make it. Grats to oz and macsed
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
October 16 2013 02:11 GMT
#833
On October 16 2013 11:03 felisconcolori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 10:58 AlternativeEgo wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:49 felisconcolori wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:48 geokilla wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:46 Waise wrote:
On October 16 2013 10:45 Darkhoarse wrote:
If you stop watching WCS/Blizzcon because Scarlett is out, you're not a fan of SC2...

if you don't watch every single sc2 game streamed on the internet, you're not a fan of sc2. watch all the games or you don't have ESPORTS PASSION

There's so much SC2 content it's not even funny... WAY too much.


I respectfully disagree. This is not 2012.


2012 was tough. Really tough. But this year is impossible.


I'm not seeing it, sorry. In 2012, I never had a problem watching a tournament of some kind going on at any time. I'm finding times where I look at the Live Streams and Events listing, and I just can't find anything.

+ Show Spoiler +
Sure, I could watch avilo stream, but he's not my preferred meching terran stream. Or CatZ. But specifically tournament or competitive games? Nope.


But damn, if I want to watch Hearthstone and rage at the people playing for taking too damn long...

... did I just channel Wax?

I'd agree with you to be fair on the streamers, or at least the very, very top-notch players seem to stream a bit less.

WCS alone takes up a hell of a lot of time though with my current schedule.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Prof
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada60 Posts
October 16 2013 02:11 GMT
#834
I am hoping that Naniwa makes it because we really need a foreigner at Blizzcon to increase interest in the tournament/ I am not optimistic though. I understand the percentages above but my guess is that it is highly unlikely that players such as Soo, Dear, Hyun or even Trap don't earn enough points in Season 3 finals to pass him in the standings. Which of course means Blizzcon simply becomes WCS Korea 2.0 and I think that will really hurt the interest in Blizzcon.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 16 2013 02:13 GMT
#835
When WCS is fully running you can have a good 6 hours a day of quality tournament content on weekdays plus streams. So I think 2013 content level is pretty cool.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 16 2013 02:13 GMT
#836
Random Twitch Bitch of the day -

"From xxx to xxx today, Twitch is commercial free thanks to the Playstation 4." Followed by a commercial for the PS4.

Repeatedly.

This time with tacked on Qualcomm snapdragon ad.

If Twitch is running just Sony ads, it's not exactly "commercial free" now, is it? Maybe if you dropped just that first 15 second notification.

I don't blame Twitch. I blame Sony for buying out the ad inventory and then claiming "Commercial Free! Because our singing guys aren't an ad! Honest!"
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
October 16 2013 02:15 GMT
#837
I haven't gotten those ads, that said I did sneak ad-block onto my gf's computer.

Alas I can't watch Twitch AT ALL at my place atm, fucking mandatory flash upgrades :@
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 16 2013 02:16 GMT
#838
On October 16 2013 11:13 felisconcolori wrote:
Random Twitch Bitch of the day -

"From xxx to xxx today, Twitch is commercial free thanks to the Playstation 4." Followed by a commercial for the PS4.

Repeatedly.

This time with tacked on Qualcomm snapdragon ad.

If Twitch is running just Sony ads, it's not exactly "commercial free" now, is it? Maybe if you dropped just that first 15 second notification.

I don't blame Twitch. I blame Sony for buying out the ad inventory and then claiming "Commercial Free! Because our singing guys aren't an ad! Honest!"

^ This. All this. That ad is especially annoying to me too haha
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 16 2013 02:17 GMT
#839
On October 16 2013 11:15 Wombat_NI wrote:
I haven't gotten those ads, that said I did sneak ad-block onto my gf's computer.

Alas I can't watch Twitch AT ALL at my place atm, fucking mandatory flash upgrades :@


Once upon a time, Flash was a great thing. It enabled so much wonderful things on the web.

Now it's a bloody pox on computer performance and I can't wait until it is enshrined in the dark depths of web technologies superceded. Like the blink and marquee tags. (I blame Adobe.)

Okay, I'm going back on-topic now. Nestea gonna Nestea.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
October 16 2013 02:22 GMT
#840
Nestea

To be honest, as someone who wasn't a big follower when he was at his peak I never really worshipped at his altar, but still sad to see him in his current shape.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 202
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1142
Bisu 747
Soma 172
hero 168
HiyA 104
EffOrt 65
sorry 36
ZerO 32
Mong 31
Killer 28
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Pusan 20
Sharp 17
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
JulyZerg 9
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
edward18
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft822
crisheroes354
Other Games
gofns22426
olofmeister1040
singsing918
ceh9542
Livibee242
Pyrionflax97
ArmadaUGS42
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream544
Other Games
gamesdonequick535
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• StrangeGG 29
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2408
League of Legends
• Jankos1636
• Rush1117
• Lourlo942
• Stunt440
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
53m
Afreeca Starleague
53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.