• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:42
CEST 19:42
KST 02:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11146 users

[OSL] RO4 Day 2 WCS Korea Season 2 2013 - Page 17

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 124 Next
In our never-ending quest to destroy free speech, we have banned Twitch chat related memes.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423487
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 01 2013 07:54 GMT
#321
I hope Rain smashes Bomber 4-0 but it's not gonna have anything to do with protoss being stronger than terran. I just think Rain is the superior player.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27418 Posts
August 01 2013 07:55 GMT
#322
On August 01 2013 16:47 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I remember Parting's PvZ being the most overhyped thing in the world. He soultrained like nobody else but a good zerg would always beat him in a macro game. Rain and Creator hit their three base pushes, the only one who really tried to macro at times was HerO. And he did it extremely well, he got super close but there was no way to win that way back then.
It's paid off for HotS though. He's backkkkkkk

Parting is genuinely no better than HerO in my view. Plus I prefer HerO for having the balls to try and play for the lategame against Zerg, if not agreeing with him in terms of a 'results' based, more fun to watch.

HerO vs Leenock on Antiga Shipyard was the most sad I have ever been in SC2 thus far. Not even angry, I had lost the capacity by that point.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
August 01 2013 07:56 GMT
#323
On August 01 2013 16:47 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 16:46 stuchiu wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:44 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:42 stuchiu wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:41 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:39 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:37 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:33 LimitSEA wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:58 Dodgin wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:48 Wintex wrote:
[quote]
Dodgin, follow meeeeee. (it's also a good Muse song btw)


You know, I used to only like Bomber a little bit but since mid 2012 he's really grown on me. Rain on the other hand I've been a fan of since BW so I'm a bit biased towards him, SKT has also been doing terrible lately so a OSL win would be nice.

I actually even rooted for Rain over Mvp in the GSL semi finals last year, pretty much the only time I've ever done that.

My favoritism is probably 55-45 in favor of rain.

Wait, you rooted for Rain over Mvp? I don't understand.

Don't underestimate the need for a true, indisputable best Protoss player. I mean have we ever had one since MC's early success?


Perhaps PartinG for a brief period from late late 2012 to early 2013.


I disagree, Rain was already better than him then.


late late 2012 was when Parting won two majors in a row. One of which was over Rain's dead body.

Parting never beat Rain in WCS 2012 at any stage. Creator took him down for Parting


Oh right. Rain threw that last game hard against Creator. How could I forget.

the greatest 4 gate ever imo


Best games with a 4 gate in them in no particular order (including both actual games and funny games):

Naniwa vs Goody
MC vs Inca (Actually good)
MC vs White-ra
Creator vs Rain
Yonghwa vs some nerd in GSTL
Choya vs Nestea
Genius vs Hyvaa (He literally just did a 2010 WoL beta 4 gate and won.)
Moderator
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
August 01 2013 07:57 GMT
#324
On August 01 2013 16:54 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I hope Rain smashes Bomber 4-0 but it's not gonna have anything to do with protoss being stronger than terran. I just think Rain is the superior player.


I believe so too, but now think about it again why I don't want Bomber to win. :x
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
August 01 2013 07:57 GMT
#325
On August 01 2013 16:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 16:47 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I remember Parting's PvZ being the most overhyped thing in the world. He soultrained like nobody else but a good zerg would always beat him in a macro game. Rain and Creator hit their three base pushes, the only one who really tried to macro at times was HerO. And he did it extremely well, he got super close but there was no way to win that way back then.
It's paid off for HotS though. He's backkkkkkk

Parting is genuinely no better than HerO in my view. Plus I prefer HerO for having the balls to try and play for the lategame against Zerg, if not agreeing with him in terms of a 'results' based, more fun to watch.

HerO vs Leenock on Antiga Shipyard was the most sad I have ever been in SC2 thus far. Not even angry, I had lost the capacity by that point.


I liked watching Hero slowly kill himself with overaggressive against Sen. Though that might be because China started chanting USA
Moderator
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27418 Posts
August 01 2013 07:58 GMT
#326
On August 01 2013 16:57 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 16:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:47 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I remember Parting's PvZ being the most overhyped thing in the world. He soultrained like nobody else but a good zerg would always beat him in a macro game. Rain and Creator hit their three base pushes, the only one who really tried to macro at times was HerO. And he did it extremely well, he got super close but there was no way to win that way back then.
It's paid off for HotS though. He's backkkkkkk

Parting is genuinely no better than HerO in my view. Plus I prefer HerO for having the balls to try and play for the lategame against Zerg, if not agreeing with him in terms of a 'results' based, more fun to watch.

HerO vs Leenock on Antiga Shipyard was the most sad I have ever been in SC2 thus far. Not even angry, I had lost the capacity by that point.


I liked watching Hero slowly kill himself with overaggressive against Sen. Though that might be because China started chanting USA

I still haven't brought myself to watch those games. I can deal with the pain if it's a surprise, but when I know the results beforehand I try not to put myself through it :p
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 01 2013 08:00 GMT
#327
One thing I really enjoy is how you could pick any sOs, Rain or HerO game, don't tell people who's playing and you'd still be able to guess. Parting is similar to Rain I guess except he all ins more and isn't quite as solid imo.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 01 2013 08:03 GMT
#328
On August 01 2013 16:56 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 16:47 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:46 stuchiu wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:44 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:42 stuchiu wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:41 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:39 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:37 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 01 2013 16:33 LimitSEA wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:58 Dodgin wrote:
[quote]

You know, I used to only like Bomber a little bit but since mid 2012 he's really grown on me. Rain on the other hand I've been a fan of since BW so I'm a bit biased towards him, SKT has also been doing terrible lately so a OSL win would be nice.

I actually even rooted for Rain over Mvp in the GSL semi finals last year, pretty much the only time I've ever done that.

My favoritism is probably 55-45 in favor of rain.

Wait, you rooted for Rain over Mvp? I don't understand.

Don't underestimate the need for a true, indisputable best Protoss player. I mean have we ever had one since MC's early success?


Perhaps PartinG for a brief period from late late 2012 to early 2013.


I disagree, Rain was already better than him then.


late late 2012 was when Parting won two majors in a row. One of which was over Rain's dead body.

Parting never beat Rain in WCS 2012 at any stage. Creator took him down for Parting


Oh right. Rain threw that last game hard against Creator. How could I forget.

the greatest 4 gate ever imo


Best games with a 4 gate in them in no particular order (including both actual games and funny games):

Naniwa vs Goody
MC vs Inca (Actually good)
MC vs White-ra
Creator vs Rain
Yonghwa vs some nerd in GSTL
Choya vs Nestea
Genius vs Hyvaa (He literally just did a 2010 WoL beta 4 gate and won.)

yea the genius vs hyvaa one was funny as shit and I remember MC vs InCa on XNC being pretty good as they were basically the 2 best 4 gaters of the era and both had like 80%+ win rates in pvp in the early days
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
August 01 2013 08:04 GMT
#329
On August 01 2013 17:00 DarkLordOlli wrote:
One thing I really enjoy is how you could pick any sOs, Rain or HerO game, don't tell people who's playing and you'd still be able to guess. Parting is similar to Rain I guess except he all ins more and isn't quite as solid imo.


Parting has a funny intangible that Rain doesn't. Like if Protoss is really really far behind like Parting vs Flash g1 or Parting vs Soulkey g4, he can pull out miracle wins. I've never really seen Rain do that.
Moderator
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 01 2013 08:06 GMT
#330
On August 01 2013 16:33 LimitSEA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 15:58 Dodgin wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:48 Wintex wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:05 Dodgin wrote:
I'm really conflicted about who I want to win here, I just hope whoever wins also wins vs maru in the finals.

Dodgin, follow meeeeee. (it's also a good Muse song btw)


You know, I used to only like Bomber a little bit but since mid 2012 he's really grown on me. Rain on the other hand I've been a fan of since BW so I'm a bit biased towards him, SKT has also been doing terrible lately so a OSL win would be nice.

I actually even rooted for Rain over Mvp in the GSL semi finals last year, pretty much the only time I've ever done that.

My favoritism is probably 55-45 in favor of rain.

Wait, you rooted for Rain over Mvp? I don't understand.


I really wanted to see him win both gsl and osl
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
August 01 2013 08:07 GMT
#331
On August 01 2013 17:06 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 16:33 LimitSEA wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:58 Dodgin wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:48 Wintex wrote:
On August 01 2013 15:05 Dodgin wrote:
I'm really conflicted about who I want to win here, I just hope whoever wins also wins vs maru in the finals.

Dodgin, follow meeeeee. (it's also a good Muse song btw)


You know, I used to only like Bomber a little bit but since mid 2012 he's really grown on me. Rain on the other hand I've been a fan of since BW so I'm a bit biased towards him, SKT has also been doing terrible lately so a OSL win would be nice.

I actually even rooted for Rain over Mvp in the GSL semi finals last year, pretty much the only time I've ever done that.

My favoritism is probably 55-45 in favor of rain.

Wait, you rooted for Rain over Mvp? I don't understand.


I really wanted to see him win both gsl and osl


Broken man mvp too good though.
Moderator
cythaze
Profile Joined June 2011
830 Posts
August 01 2013 08:08 GMT
#332
So many people talking about Protoss here. Not enough talking about Bomber...
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
August 01 2013 08:08 GMT
#333
Rain has got the cleanest playstyle of all Protoss players. On good days, his play is just beautiful to watch. Especially his PvT is a form of art. I'm also expecting him to win today, but I'm hoping for a close series.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 08:10:14
August 01 2013 08:08 GMT
#334
2013 WCS KR Season 3 Challenger League: Up&Down Groups are out!

http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=302012&cid=0&kind=8

+ Show Spoiler [Image of Groups] +
[image loading]
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27418 Posts
August 01 2013 08:09 GMT
#335
On August 01 2013 17:04 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 17:00 DarkLordOlli wrote:
One thing I really enjoy is how you could pick any sOs, Rain or HerO game, don't tell people who's playing and you'd still be able to guess. Parting is similar to Rain I guess except he all ins more and isn't quite as solid imo.


Parting has a funny intangible that Rain doesn't. Like if Protoss is really really far behind like Parting vs Flash g1 or Parting vs Soulkey g4, he can pull out miracle wins. I've never really seen Rain do that.

I suppose they have different approaches to the game. Parting throws out more risky play than Rain, or at least more frequently so he has to really 'YOLO' a bit more often.

Also oh DarkLord, you have a PM
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
August 01 2013 08:09 GMT
#336
Rainnnnnn wooo lets make it Rainnnnn ^_^

I hope they are good games, don't even mind if they are short games as long as they are good! Pretty sure we wont get any "mind fuck" games today so thats good.

Im looking forward to it Slightly wanted Rain to win more as TvP finals is alot better for me as its my favorite match up :D
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
August 01 2013 08:10 GMT
#337
On August 01 2013 16:54 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I hope Rain smashes Bomber 4-0 but it's not gonna have anything to do with protoss being stronger than terran. I just think Rain is the superior player.


I wanna hear what Artosis has to say first before I make my prediction
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27418 Posts
August 01 2013 08:12 GMT
#338
On August 01 2013 17:10 Noonius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 16:54 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I hope Rain smashes Bomber 4-0 but it's not gonna have anything to do with protoss being stronger than terran. I just think Rain is the superior player.


I wanna hear what Artosis has to say first before I make my prediction

One of these days Artosis is going to keep schtum. Even he will come to fear the power of the curse.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Topdoller
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3860 Posts
August 01 2013 08:12 GMT
#339
Two amazing players this should be a cracking semi final, my Head says Rain, my heart says Bomber. I suspect it will be close
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
August 01 2013 08:12 GMT
#340
Go StarTale and CJherO!
The Bomber boy
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 124 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 613
IntoTheiNu 605
SteadfastSC446
Rex89
CosmosSc2 63
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 446
UpATreeSC 135
Rex 89
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 53
JuggernautJason20
MindelVK 14
Codebar 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40371
Jaedong 955
Soma 950
Hyuk 732
Mini 654
Larva 388
BeSt 385
Rush 349
ZerO 272
Soulkey 242
[ Show more ]
Snow 165
Dewaltoss 95
hero 84
Liquid`Ret 61
Mind 41
Killer 27
yabsab 25
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 22
Shine 21
Trap 15
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
qojqva1152
Dendi861
Counter-Strike
fl0m769
Fnx 768
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3871
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1774
Liquid`Hasu512
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1593
ceh9458
byalli452
B2W.Neo440
KnowMe129
QueenE85
Chillindude81
Trikslyr39
Railgan23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• Adnapsc2 8
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4046
League of Legends
• TFBlade1048
Other Games
• imaqtpie851
• Shiphtur336
• WagamamaTV264
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 18m
OSC
19h 18m
Stellar Fest
19h 18m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.