• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:59
CEST 15:59
KST 22:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7981 users

[OSL] RO4 Day 1 WCS Korea Season 2 2013 - Page 102

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 105 Next
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 20:10:43
July 30 2013 20:06 GMT
#2021
On July 31 2013 05:04 SorrowShine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 04:35 ACrow wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:26 stuchiu wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:23 babylon wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:19 stuchiu wrote:
I can just imagine Maru's practice now.

MKP: CC first man.

Byun: You gotta pull scvs at 15 dude.

Gerrard: Could you please model this new hat?

The door busts down as Maka enters the prime house for the first time in 2 years.

Maka: I have come from the past to tell you to 1 base like he who was formerly known as OPtimus.

Polt was more known for his two-base timings than his one-base all-ins, yeah?


Polt won his GSL finals on 1 base builds.

Let's ask Fionn, he'll know for sure and settle this dispute.

who is fionn?


A guy who used to like sc2 and was a TL writer for it, but lost his passion when Polt left Korea and ran off to the kingdom of LoL.
ShowTheLights
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Korea (South)1718 Posts
July 30 2013 20:07 GMT
#2022
On July 31 2013 05:06 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 05:04 SorrowShine wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:35 ACrow wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:26 stuchiu wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:23 babylon wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:19 stuchiu wrote:
I can just imagine Maru's practice now.

MKP: CC first man.

Byun: You gotta pull scvs at 15 dude.

Gerrard: Could you please model this new hat?

The door busts down as Maka enters the prime house for the first time in 2 years.

Maka: I have come from the past to tell you to 1 base like he who was formerly known as OPtimus.

Polt was more known for his two-base timings than his one-base all-ins, yeah?


Polt won his GSL finals on 1 base builds.

Let's ask Fionn, he'll know for sure and settle this dispute.

who is fionn?


A guy who used to like sc2 and write for it, but lost his passion when Polt left Korea and ran off to the kingdom of LoL.


lol...wait, fionn is gone..? aww
•••Acer.MMA••• <> KT_Puzzle <> JinAir•GreenWings_CoCa <> CJ_herO <> Axiom CranK & Ryung <> IM_Seed <> IM_Squirtle <> le' ToD <> Innovation <> ROOT_CatZ <> inuh! <> Chobra <> SKT1_Fantasy
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
July 30 2013 20:08 GMT
#2023
Wasn't able to watch this morning, saw the games now. That was such a fun match, I really liked Maru's builds (especially the one on Bel'shir, I remember ByuN doing it on stream).

I kinda hope Rain goes to the finals, just to see some cool TvP builds as well. But maybe he plays more for the longer game there.

Will we see the return of OptimusPrime?
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 20:11:22
July 30 2013 20:10 GMT
#2024
On July 31 2013 05:07 ShowTheLights wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 05:06 Dodgin wrote:
On July 31 2013 05:04 SorrowShine wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:35 ACrow wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:26 stuchiu wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:23 babylon wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:19 stuchiu wrote:
I can just imagine Maru's practice now.

MKP: CC first man.

Byun: You gotta pull scvs at 15 dude.

Gerrard: Could you please model this new hat?

The door busts down as Maka enters the prime house for the first time in 2 years.

Maka: I have come from the past to tell you to 1 base like he who was formerly known as OPtimus.

Polt was more known for his two-base timings than his one-base all-ins, yeah?


Polt won his GSL finals on 1 base builds.

Let's ask Fionn, he'll know for sure and settle this dispute.

who is fionn?


A guy who used to like sc2 and write for it, but lost his passion when Polt left Korea and ran off to the kingdom of LoL.


lol...wait, fionn is gone..? aww


He's still here in our hearts.
Vari
Profile Joined September 2010
United States532 Posts
July 30 2013 20:16 GMT
#2025
On July 31 2013 04:56 camilocraft wrote:
I believe that Innovation decision making in the series was awfull. He doesn't scout the one base play on the G1 because a widow mine shot. He made a raven on G2 because he sees gas first and assumes cloak banshee. For me the G3 is were he simply just cramble. He goes CC First on G3, after scouting only his natural why he scouts only the natural? why he doesn't send that scv the same way zerg send their drones to look for proxies, man, he do this exact same cheese to Flash on the same map.

I know that blizzard wants to convert sc2 to a Action Game but this series was about strategy. Yes cheese is a strategy and everyone knows it exists. If you cannot deal with it, you are simply playing bad. I tend to believe that the problem is that people (including me) focus too much on having better mecanics, when is simply better to scout and react accordingly. I know it hurts to much when you lose to cheese or real cheaters (like in the ladder right now, comment apart) but I believe that Innovation needs to practice agains cheese. SoulKey 4-3 was 3 cheese on a row is a pattern.

pretty sure blizz wants this to be a strategy game... or they'd not have made it a strategy game

but yes, innovation lost this. someone in here last night was trying to use this series as proof that he's a bad player. so silly.

made bad decisions last night and it cost him, as it should. doesn't erase how well he has played in nearly every other series (besides when he let his guard down against soulkey after going up 3-0)
Stroke Me Lady Fame
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
July 30 2013 20:38 GMT
#2026
On July 31 2013 05:07 ShowTheLights wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 05:06 Dodgin wrote:
On July 31 2013 05:04 SorrowShine wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:35 ACrow wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:26 stuchiu wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:23 babylon wrote:
On July 31 2013 04:19 stuchiu wrote:
I can just imagine Maru's practice now.

MKP: CC first man.

Byun: You gotta pull scvs at 15 dude.

Gerrard: Could you please model this new hat?

The door busts down as Maka enters the prime house for the first time in 2 years.

Maka: I have come from the past to tell you to 1 base like he who was formerly known as OPtimus.

Polt was more known for his two-base timings than his one-base all-ins, yeah?


Polt won his GSL finals on 1 base builds.

Let's ask Fionn, he'll know for sure and settle this dispute.

who is fionn?


A guy who used to like sc2 and write for it, but lost his passion when Polt left Korea and ran off to the kingdom of LoL.


lol...wait, fionn is gone..? aww


He's still around, just doesn't write as much "normal" stuff for SC2, he does that for LoL instead now
AdministratorBreak the chains
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 21:39:44
July 30 2013 21:26 GMT
#2027
Lol at bogus! Loss is 100% on bogus for not expecting cheese. I'm not sure why bogus or people in this thread are shocked at maru cheese. He's always been a cheesy player. I remember one tournament, might have been up/down or an online tourney, I don't remember now, but maru 2 raxed every single game. I think there was a phase when he probably threw in a 2 rax almost every series he played. It's also how I knew Idra never followed maru because he gave maru props on meta and called him underrated, when I know idra hates cheesy players.

People joke about mkp being cheesekingprime, but mkp mainly just cheesed on ladder and his early days. He never actually cheesed that much in tournaments, except against foreigners as he would usually cheese a foreigner game 1 to see if they could hold or not. Maru has always been the true cheesekingprime and now I hope for a bomber and maru finals! I don't really mind cheese myself, but if done over and over it does ruin the viewer experience for people, so I can see why people get mad over it.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
ladysman09
Profile Joined June 2013
237 Posts
July 30 2013 21:27 GMT
#2028
I'm pretty sure the only reason Maru won was because Innovation was practicing for Proleague. And Innovation only beat Soulkey because they were both practicing for Proleague so Soulkey most likely didn't wanna bring his builds since they knew they were playing each other on Whirlwind for Proleague.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 30 2013 21:28 GMT
#2029
On July 31 2013 06:26 Canucklehead wrote:
Lol at bogus! Loss is 100% on bogus for not expecting cheese. I'm not sure why bogus or people in this thread are shocked at maru cheese. He's always been a cheesy player. I remember one tournament, might have been up/down or an online tourney, I don't remember now, but maru 2 raxed every single game. I think there was a phase when he probably threw in a 2 rax almost every series he played. It's also how I knew Idra never followed maru because he gave maru props on meta and called him underrated, when I know idra hates cheesy players.

People joke about mkp being cheesekingprime, but mkp mainly just cheesed on ladder and his early days. He never actually cheesed that much in tournements, except against foreigners as he would usually cheese a foreigner game 1 to see if they could hold or not. Maru has always been the true cheesekingprime and now I hope for a bomber and maru finals! I don't really mind cheese myself, but if done over and over it does ruin the viewer experience for people, so I can see why people get mad over it.

the series you are thinking of is probably Maru vs Losira Code A first round I believe a few seasons ago where he 11-11 on every map but Losira caught on with a blind pool first in the last game to take the win
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
July 30 2013 21:38 GMT
#2030
On July 31 2013 06:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 06:26 Canucklehead wrote:
Lol at bogus! Loss is 100% on bogus for not expecting cheese. I'm not sure why bogus or people in this thread are shocked at maru cheese. He's always been a cheesy player. I remember one tournament, might have been up/down or an online tourney, I don't remember now, but maru 2 raxed every single game. I think there was a phase when he probably threw in a 2 rax almost every series he played. It's also how I knew Idra never followed maru because he gave maru props on meta and called him underrated, when I know idra hates cheesy players.

People joke about mkp being cheesekingprime, but mkp mainly just cheesed on ladder and his early days. He never actually cheesed that much in tournements, except against foreigners as he would usually cheese a foreigner game 1 to see if they could hold or not. Maru has always been the true cheesekingprime and now I hope for a bomber and maru finals! I don't really mind cheese myself, but if done over and over it does ruin the viewer experience for people, so I can see why people get mad over it.

the series you are thinking of is probably Maru vs Losira Code A first round I believe a few seasons ago where he 11-11 on every map but Losira caught on with a blind pool first in the last game to take the win


Yeah that's probably it. I remember a zerg, but just couldn't remember if it was the same zerg in one series or diff zergs.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Vesky
Profile Joined January 2013
United States857 Posts
July 30 2013 21:42 GMT
#2031
On July 31 2013 06:27 ladysman09 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the only reason Maru won was because Innovation was practicing for Proleague. And Innovation only beat Soulkey because they were both practicing for Proleague so Soulkey most likely didn't wanna bring his builds since they knew they were playing each other on Whirlwind for Proleague.


Sarcasm?

Honestly can't even tell.
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
July 30 2013 21:43 GMT
#2032
On July 31 2013 06:26 Canucklehead wrote:
Lol at bogus! Loss is 100% on bogus for not expecting cheese. I'm not sure why bogus or people in this thread are shocked at maru cheese. He's always been a cheesy player. I remember one tournament, might have been up/down or an online tourney, I don't remember now, but maru 2 raxed every single game. I think there was a phase when he probably threw in a 2 rax almost every series he played. It's also how I knew Idra never followed maru because he gave maru props on meta and called him underrated, when I know idra hates cheesy players.

People joke about mkp being cheesekingprime, but mkp mainly just cheesed on ladder and his early days. He never actually cheesed that much in tournaments, except against foreigners as he would usually cheese a foreigner game 1 to see if they could hold or not. Maru has always been the true cheesekingprime and now I hope for a bomber and maru finals! I don't really mind cheese myself, but if done over and over it does ruin the viewer experience for people, so I can see why people get mad over it.

Maru: "To hell with viewer experience, I need my money and my 2nd or 1st place".
ChoDing
Profile Joined November 2009
United States740 Posts
July 30 2013 21:58 GMT
#2033
Just what the fuck...im still in shock...
관광 since 2008. Master of Cheese. God of Heartbreak Ridge.
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
July 30 2013 22:11 GMT
#2034
Great games all of them over in the first 15 minutes. Well maru had stronger timings then innovation I guess. I still think innovation is the better player.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
July 30 2013 22:14 GMT
#2035
wait, are people still trying to turn this into another one of those "Innovation only lost because of cheese" things?
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 22:21:41
July 30 2013 22:15 GMT
#2036
Innovation just basically got sniped. He never got into a single macro game maru just never let it happen by hitting timings and hiding things to mislead him. Out mind gamed, but I still say in a long macro game innovation wins and is the better overall player still.
Not cheese they were mainly timing attacks in a few games.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
July 30 2013 22:53 GMT
#2037
Well...what a surprising result.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
July 30 2013 23:13 GMT
#2038
On July 31 2013 07:15 snakeeyez wrote:
Innovation just basically got sniped. He never got into a single macro game maru just never let it happen by hitting timings and hiding things to mislead him. Out mind gamed, but I still say in a long macro game innovation wins and is the better overall player still.
Not cheese they were mainly timing attacks in a few games.

4th game was pretty straight forward, innovation just got outmicroed and bullied out of the game, it almost seemed like Maru was an unstoppable force trampling him down.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
AngryFarmer
Profile Joined June 2011
United States560 Posts
July 30 2013 23:29 GMT
#2039
We can sum this series up with a four cheese pizza. But maybe the last one wasn't really cheese
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
July 30 2013 23:34 GMT
#2040
Just watched. I would have bet my life that Maru would not 4-0. If anything 4-3 Maru at best.

Time to take the best player title off of Innovation since he has shown an extreme weakness to cheese. If you cant defend cheese you cannot be the best. And Game 4 wasn't even cheese. It was solid decision making by Maru vs awful decision making by Innovation.

I expect literally every single player Innovation plays to preform some kind of aggressive build vs him now.

Time to cheer for Bomber!!!
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1548
WardiTV900
OGKoka 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 244
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8257
Bisu 2180
Jaedong 1439
Shuttle 1406
Horang2 756
BeSt 514
EffOrt 466
Larva 415
actioN 309
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Mind 157
Zeus 104
910 103
Barracks 79
Snow 70
Mong 68
hero 52
sorry 39
Shinee 37
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
soO 27
Killer 25
JYJ 24
Free 23
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 19
Shine 15
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 11
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 6
Icarus 5
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5129
qojqva2097
Dendi989
febbydoto40
Counter-Strike
fl0m2119
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko453
Other Games
singsing2844
olofmeister1146
hiko1009
B2W.Neo755
Livibee490
crisheroes342
XBOCT283
Hui .228
Pyrionflax212
XaKoH 211
Liquid`VortiX162
QueenE55
TKL 2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2566
• Jankos2284
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 1m
Replay Cast
9h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.