• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8308 users

[NASL] Season 3 Finals Day 2 - Page 15

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 283 Next
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 17:31:36
July 15 2012 17:30 GMT
#281
That was really depressing and embarrassing. He didn't know the Zerg's home world?! Let alone say the wrong thing even though people were shouting him the answer. Yet again there are several tournaments going on in the same venue so I guess its possible he's not a BW/SC2 fan.
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
July 15 2012 17:30 GMT
#282
i dunno if it's just me, but has anyone else noticed that almost all of the issues Kennigit discussed in his vlog have been addressed this NASL finals?

MillStephano ‏@MillStephano
i am so attracted to the new nasl host lauren i cant control myself i cant even focus on the game


truer words haven't been spoken in some time
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
July 15 2012 17:30 GMT
#283
So is the third place match starting in two and a half hours?
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
July 15 2012 17:31 GMT
#284
On July 16 2012 02:30 RezChi wrote:
Home planet of Zerg is Zerus

watch out we got a badass here!
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
July 15 2012 17:31 GMT
#285
why are they making the porn star ask lore questions

i cant quite cringe hard enough
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
July 15 2012 17:31 GMT
#286
damn what is this sexyass song ALSO holy shit im awake in the morning ~hello alien morning world~
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Tewks44
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2032 Posts
July 15 2012 17:31 GMT
#287

TAR? TAR!!!???!?! GET THE FUCK OUT
"that is our ethos; free content, starcraft content, websites that work occasionally" -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 17:32:38
July 15 2012 17:32 GMT
#288
LOL Stephano's Twitter.

"i am so attracted to the new nasl host lauren i cant control myself i cant even focus on the game"
Fantasy is a beast
Master_Blaster
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom269 Posts
July 15 2012 17:32 GMT
#289
Stephano is gonna go to the bank with a pornstar? Win Win.
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
July 15 2012 17:32 GMT
#290
On July 16 2012 02:29 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 02:25 SCST wrote:
On July 16 2012 02:22 nkr wrote:
On July 16 2012 02:21 SCST wrote:
Idra and Incontrol are an amazing caster duo this is true . . .

Honestly, I hate to bring this up but I feel that it's the elephant in the room that people are refusing to talk about . . . I think that I was 1 of about 15k people who had to tune out during Ret vs Alicia yesterday because of Frodan/Gretorp casting. The stream dropped from 55k to 37k, and I really don't think it was because of the players.

No one wants to say anything negative about Frodan/Gretorp because they're such nice people, me incuded, but should they really be casting this? It's like listening to your friend sing karaoke horribly, you don't want to say anything but you can barely stand to listen. It's affecting the tournament numbers IMO.


They're not as good as some other casters out there, that is obviously true, but you can't really just remove them when they are a huge part of what made this happen.


Yeah, seems like NASL is kind of stuck. Also, I don't think the stream lost 18k viewers instantly after Stephano's game because it was simpy late in EU. Ret is a pretty damn popular EU player as well.


Here's what I think, it was a combination of :

- The casting
- MC vs Stephano basically decided the whole tournament, Ret vs Alicia did indeed feel like a match for 2nd/4th place.
- It was getting late for EU

Now I don't know how much each of these factors weigh in for viewership loss, It's possible the casting is the #1 reason or It's possible one of the other two are. I don't think you can blame the casting alone for the viewership drop though.



This explanation sounds more likely and reasonable. I personally tuned out due to the casters, but I'm sure there were a variety of reasons.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
Zwerver
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands104 Posts
July 15 2012 17:34 GMT
#291
On July 16 2012 02:30 Sovano wrote:
That was really depressing and embarrassing. He didn't know the Zerg's home world?! Let alone say the wrong thing even though people were shouting him the answer. Yet again there are several tournaments going on in the same venue so I guess its possible he's not a BW/SC2 fan.

I'm a sc2 fan and masters zerg, but I didn't know the answer. Who cares about lore?
akatsuki.zetsu
Profile Joined May 2012
Portugal8 Posts
July 15 2012 17:34 GMT
#292
On July 16 2012 02:32 SCST wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 02:29 Dodgin wrote:
On July 16 2012 02:25 SCST wrote:
On July 16 2012 02:22 nkr wrote:
On July 16 2012 02:21 SCST wrote:
Idra and Incontrol are an amazing caster duo this is true . . .

Honestly, I hate to bring this up but I feel that it's the elephant in the room that people are refusing to talk about . . . I think that I was 1 of about 15k people who had to tune out during Ret vs Alicia yesterday because of Frodan/Gretorp casting. The stream dropped from 55k to 37k, and I really don't think it was because of the players.

No one wants to say anything negative about Frodan/Gretorp because they're such nice people, me incuded, but should they really be casting this? It's like listening to your friend sing karaoke horribly, you don't want to say anything but you can barely stand to listen. It's affecting the tournament numbers IMO.


They're not as good as some other casters out there, that is obviously true, but you can't really just remove them when they are a huge part of what made this happen.


Yeah, seems like NASL is kind of stuck. Also, I don't think the stream lost 18k viewers instantly after Stephano's game because it was simpy late in EU. Ret is a pretty damn popular EU player as well.


Here's what I think, it was a combination of :

- The casting
- MC vs Stephano basically decided the whole tournament, Ret vs Alicia did indeed feel like a match for 2nd/4th place.
- It was getting late for EU

Now I don't know how much each of these factors weigh in for viewership loss, It's possible the casting is the #1 reason or It's possible one of the other two are. I don't think you can blame the casting alone for the viewership drop though.



This explanation sounds more likely and reasonable. I personally tuned out due to the casters, but I'm sure there were a variety of reasons.


I just left cause it was very late..
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
July 15 2012 17:34 GMT
#293
What do I keep reading about Porn star? I think I should stop skipping all the interludes.
LFHaunt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States102 Posts
July 15 2012 17:34 GMT
#294
Id like to see day9 and idra cast the finals
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
July 15 2012 17:35 GMT
#295
wtf tribes lol :@
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 17:37:00
July 15 2012 17:35 GMT
#296
On July 16 2012 02:34 Ysellian wrote:
What do I keep reading about Porn star? I think I should stop skipping all the interludes.

The girl doing the 'hosting' did a playboy shoot. Not a porn star.

(Tribes is going to do terrible with the SC crowd I expect)
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
July 15 2012 17:36 GMT
#297
On July 16 2012 02:30 Sovano wrote:
That was really depressing and embarrassing. He didn't know the Zerg's home world?! Let alone say the wrong thing even though people were shouting him the answer. Yet again there are several tournaments going on in the same venue so I guess its possible he's not a BW/SC2 fan.

How is it sad? I've played starcraft since it came out and have no freaking clue. Most pros wouldn't know either considering they never play story mode.
pAORc
Profile Joined October 2010
110 Posts
July 15 2012 17:36 GMT
#298
grats you guys get to see the death of competitive tribes ascend
AllHailTheDead
Profile Joined July 2011
United States418 Posts
July 15 2012 17:36 GMT
#299
On July 16 2012 02:35 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 02:34 Ysellian wrote:
What do I keep reading about Porn star? I think I should stop skipping all the interludes.

The girl doing the 'hosting' did a playboy shoot. Not a porn star.





not just A playboy shoot

she did a lot of them



def worth looking into
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17897 Posts
July 15 2012 17:36 GMT
#300
On July 16 2012 02:21 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Why do they say Canada all the time and not Toronto? I've never heard someone say USA if they are in - for example - Anaheim.

its mainly americans doing the broadcasting... and i imagine that this is how they view the country.
also, they are trying to emphasize the fact that the NASL is the first eSports organization to grow some balls, and actually put an event in canada.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 283 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM594
TaKeTV 271
IndyStarCraft 121
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2120
RotterdaM 594
ByuN 296
MaxPax 156
IndyStarCraft 121
BRAT_OK 76
UpATreeSC 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3622
Shuttle 832
Stork 449
Mini 401
EffOrt 310
Horang2 205
Rush 199
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 125
Mong 78
[ Show more ]
910 78
Zeus 72
hero 63
Snow 55
Shinee 47
HiyA 38
JYJ 32
Bale 29
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 18
Terrorterran 13
Sexy 12
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5677
qojqva2919
Counter-Strike
fl0m5456
Fnx 692
pashabiceps400
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby662
Other Games
singsing2252
Beastyqt588
ceh9576
Hui .214
XaKoH 131
Trikslyr75
QueenE62
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur286
• WagamamaTV85
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 57m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 57m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.