• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7999 users

[NASL] WCS Canada Nationals - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 23:48:09
July 15 2012 23:45 GMT
#461
On July 16 2012 08:39 Mozzery wrote:
GGs by Scarlett, the Illusion comment MIGHT be referring to the fact that Scarlett was the lead, main "story" of IPL 4, when she beat 1 Code A Korean, 2 good foreigners, and took a game off of Oz, a Code S player. Illusion in the same tournament took out THREE Code S players at the same tournament, not games off of three, matches, and got a lot less hype.



Ohhhh, that makes more sense.

But in all fairness, I think Illusion has been invited to more tournies since then than Scarlett has. He performance did get noticed by people that matter.

Beside, the scene needs more role models of diverse backgrounds to grow the scene. Someone like Scarlett getting the right kind of attention -- A girl/transgender player that is ACTUALLY GOOD, versus a 'hot girl' that is fake 'nerd' -- is good for the community.

Knight79
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany35 Posts
July 15 2012 23:47 GMT
#462
I just realized scarlett is a girl indeed,wasnt that obvious for me (Alicia isnt female,but has a female Nickname too)
Jesus, this is astonishing
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 15 2012 23:47 GMT
#463
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


Since when is it wrong to call her both? Nothing wrong with either :/
Megabuster123
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada1837 Posts
July 15 2012 23:47 GMT
#464
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.

Become Ok for who?

If he's transgendered I don't see why it would be wrong to classify him that way...>_>



User was temp banned for this post.
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
July 15 2012 23:48 GMT
#465
On July 16 2012 08:22 Defacer wrote:
Wow, Scarlett.

I really like her style ... very patient, and great 'technique'. It's like she does the little things to optimize an engagement.

This would be probably be IdrA's idea of a 'good' player. She might be better than IdrA.


Looking at her play, which looks very solid. Apart from a few supply block here and there, i'd say currently she just might be. Ostojiy is no joke.
"Right on" - Morrow
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
July 15 2012 23:50 GMT
#466
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.

It's always been okay.

It's been taboo to make an argument out of it.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
July 15 2012 23:50 GMT
#467
On July 16 2012 08:47 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


Since when is it wrong to call her both? Nothing wrong with either :/

Maybe it's just what I saw when I looked at the fanclub back then.
#TeamBuLba
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 15 2012 23:51 GMT
#468
On July 16 2012 08:50 garlicface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:47 Defacer wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


Since when is it wrong to call her both? Nothing wrong with either :/

Maybe it's just what I saw when I looked at the fanclub back then.


I honestly don't know, because I don't exactly have transgender friends. Is it rude or uncouth to refer to her as a transgender girl?

Akasha
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States261 Posts
July 15 2012 23:53 GMT
#469
On July 16 2012 08:51 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:50 garlicface wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:47 Defacer wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


Since when is it wrong to call her both? Nothing wrong with either :/

Maybe it's just what I saw when I looked at the fanclub back then.


I honestly don't know, because I don't exactly have transgender friends. Is it rude or uncouth to refer to her as a transgender girl?



That is completely fine.
Writer
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
July 15 2012 23:54 GMT
#470
On July 16 2012 08:51 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:50 garlicface wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:47 Defacer wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


Since when is it wrong to call her both? Nothing wrong with either :/

Maybe it's just what I saw when I looked at the fanclub back then.


I honestly don't know, because I don't exactly have transgender friends. Is it rude or uncouth to refer to her as a transgender girl?



She stated she preferes being refered to as she. Which is understandable. But there will always be people that won't. However she seems to be completely open about her being transgender.
"Right on" - Morrow
reqmoreminerals
Profile Joined March 2012
17 Posts
July 15 2012 23:55 GMT
#471
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


I see where you are coming from, however, i think NOT calling her transgender just makes it even more awkward.
reqmoreminerals
Profile Joined March 2012
17 Posts
July 15 2012 23:56 GMT
#472
Stephano up now!
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 00:02:11
July 15 2012 23:58 GMT
#473
On July 16 2012 08:51 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:50 garlicface wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:47 Defacer wrote:
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.


Since when is it wrong to call her both? Nothing wrong with either :/

Maybe it's just what I saw when I looked at the fanclub back then.


I honestly don't know, because I don't exactly have transgender friends. Is it rude or uncouth to refer to her as a transgender girl?


I do have transgender friends and I am active in the LGBT community. To me, she's a girl, as is any transgender person who happened to be born with the wrong chromosomes. No one really has any business asking and thinking about what's between her legs. She considers herself a woman, and I see no reason not to. I also see no reason to call attention to the fact that she's transgender, as if it was some kind of third gender. The only ones who have any business thinking about her biological sex are herself, medical professionals and any sexual partner.

Edit: If you have questions about gender identity and transgender, please PM me instead of derailing the thread. Some people are genuinely curious. I'm not the best person to ask since I'm not transgender myself, but I can point you in the right direction.
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
July 15 2012 23:58 GMT
#474
On July 16 2012 08:45 garlicface wrote:
I'm asking an honest question here - when did it become okay to identify Scarlett as a transgender? When she first appeared in the scene at MLG it was considered taboo call her anything but 100% female.

Honestly I feel that the problem isn't people calling her transgender; it was those that refused to call her anything but 100% male.
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
July 16 2012 00:05 GMT
#475
Pretty obnoxious how people want to discuss her gender instead of crediting her impressive run this tournament. Great run Scarlett, Canada's best!
Knight79
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany35 Posts
July 16 2012 00:20 GMT
#476
Sorry but the whole esport-scene nowadays is about background, characters and stories, and a girl winning canadian finals is just an interesting fact.There isnt a reason to not talk about this.
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
July 16 2012 00:29 GMT
#477
Amazing run! Congrats =]
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Fischbacher
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada666 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 00:30:11
July 16 2012 00:29 GMT
#478
On July 16 2012 09:20 Knight79 wrote:
Sorry but the whole esport-scene nowadays is about background, characters and stories, and a girl winning canadian finals is just an interesting fact.There isnt a reason to not talk about this.

And I mean, at the end of the day, a MtF transgender is pretty much as far outside of the gamer stereotype as you can get. I think its worth celebrating that someone that is so far from what is usually considered the hardcore gamer demographic is doing so well. That's not to take anything away from her play, or saying that people are rooting for her because she's a girl (or transgender), but I really believe that someone like Scarlett doing so well is good for the image of the community and we ought to be happy about that.

And beyond all that, I'm just happy to see a Canadian player looking so solid ^^
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
July 16 2012 00:33 GMT
#479
I'm a bit disappointed I missed the loosers bracked broadcasts. Apparently even the consolation matches were streamed. I don't know how I missed it. I really hope there will be vods and replay packs available.
When I saw HUK go no scout builds pvp, and even no scout builds like 1gate stargate into 4gate stargate all-in without an obs... not even scouting the perimeters of his base I was really hoping to see tubby proxy, cannon rush or even nexus first - I know he knows it's the way to beat HUK the way he's playing pvp lately. I'm happy to hear he did it when he faced him again. It looks bad, but it's the way to play against HUK's style. You can't just let him get ahead and then win with a stupid all-in that just gambled on the hopes of not getting cheesed earlier.
Knight79
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany35 Posts
July 16 2012 00:43 GMT
#480
Im not in the transgender discussion,its just somewhat impressive and cute a girl just won this.
I was somewhat familiar with the nickname "Scarlett" from Canada before, but not with the whole background.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 187
Terrorterran 17
Bale 15
Noble 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
Doublelift6151
JimRising 786
Counter-Strike
taco 318
Other Games
summit1g11899
C9.Mang0375
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1246
BasetradeTV151
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo260
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 59m
Replay Cast
19h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.