• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:10
CEST 23:10
KST 06:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9200 users

[NASL] WCS Canada Nationals - Page 25

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next All
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 03:09:19
July 16 2012 00:47 GMT
#481
On July 16 2012 09:33 StaraCroft wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed I missed the loosers bracked broadcasts. Apparently even the consolation matches were streamed. I don't know how I missed it. I really hope there will be vods and replay packs available.
When I saw HUK go no scout builds pvp, and even no scout builds like 1gate stargate into 4gate stargate all-in without an obs... not even scouting the perimeters of his base I was really hoping to see tubby proxy, cannon rush or even nexus first - I know he knows it's the way to beat HUK the way he's playing pvp lately. I'm happy to hear he did it when he faced him again. It looks bad, but it's the way to play against HUK's style. You can't just let him get ahead and then win with a stupid all-in that just gambled on the hopes of not getting cheesed earlier.



I'm just really impressed by the way Scarlett won over all. I'm getting pretty tired of watching the 'Korean' style of players cutting corners and taking insane risks to get any kind edge, a style which I think Huk embodies.

It's nice to see Scarlett get rewarded for technically solid play, and I'm really proud that she is going to represent Canada. The fact that she is a girl and transgender is just icing on the cake, god knows that this community could use more diversity.

StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
July 16 2012 01:33 GMT
#482
^^ I agree absolutely. I don't follow Scarlett a lot, because she doesn't play protoss :D
but I can appreciate that even though my favorite players are capable of playing spectacularly well when they're on their A-game, Scarlett plays spectacularly all the time and she had a perfect series at WCS.
Snoman
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada191 Posts
July 16 2012 01:36 GMT
#483
New favourite Canadian player by far. Only dropping one game the entire run is astounding!!

Looking forward to her competing on some main stages in big international events!!

GOGO SCARLETT
Drones, Probes & SCVs: A mini documentary on the work behind ESPORTS. http://youtu.be/vNlu-K0rAxs
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 01:55:48
July 16 2012 01:50 GMT
#484
Are there VODs of the WCS Canada finals? Those VODs should be free since they are for Blizzard's tournament right?
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
July 16 2012 02:38 GMT
#485
Unfortunately not.
The only vods you can get are from: http://de.twitch.tv/cstarleague
They casted the first round matches of TubbyTheFat vs HUK, but had sound trouble, then they went on casting CSL. I think they did catch one or two looser bracket games later on, but that's about it. Main stage and 2nd stage with Idra and Incontrol both have the vods blocked
mahkan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States153 Posts
July 16 2012 02:53 GMT
#486
Scarlett was awesome in that series. Will have to watch her in the future.
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
July 16 2012 03:00 GMT
#487
On July 16 2012 10:50 Zzoram wrote:
Are there VODs of the WCS Canada finals? Those VODs should be free since they are for Blizzard's tournament right?


All NASL VODs are free, I don't see why these will be any different. Just give them the usual day or 2 to recover from the producing the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NAStarLeague/videos

For those talking about Illusion not getting the respect he deserves, Scarlett picks him (& Major) as the only 2 people she is worried about for the NA Champs.

http://www.gamespot.com/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/videos/interview-with-scarlett-after-being-crowned-the-wcs-champion-6387226/
Calyso
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States49 Posts
July 16 2012 03:07 GMT
#488
I'm so proud of Scarlett. She played so well. I hate all the people giving her unneeded crap though, it's really immature and needs to stop.

Good job Scarlett. Scarlett fighting!
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
July 16 2012 03:11 GMT
#489
On July 16 2012 12:00 BathTubNZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:50 Zzoram wrote:
Are there VODs of the WCS Canada finals? Those VODs should be free since they are for Blizzard's tournament right?


All NASL VODs are free, I don't see why these will be any different. Just give them the usual day or 2 to recover from the producing the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NAStarLeague/videos

For those talking about Illusion not getting the respect he deserves, Scarlett picks him (& Major) as the only 2 people she is worried about for the NA Champs.

http://www.gamespot.com/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/videos/interview-with-scarlett-after-being-crowned-the-wcs-champion-6387226/


Is Major even in the NA Champs? He's not listed in Liquipedia as being qualified.

If Major isn't there, Huk and Illusion are the only two players at NA Champs that might beat Scarlett.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
July 16 2012 03:15 GMT
#490
i only watched the final games but scarlett control her units very well. when the opponent was trying to snipe her infestors she responded right on time and didnt lose anything. alot of other so called top zergs just macro macro and attack move.
89andy
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada192 Posts
July 16 2012 03:15 GMT
#491
lol @ people being pissy over scarlett getting some attention instead of illusion. Illusion gets PLENTY of hype and attention all the time already.
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
July 16 2012 03:15 GMT
#492
On July 16 2012 08:41 reqmoreminerals wrote:
I have never heard Scarlett speak so I am not sure if this might be accurate,

but could it be she did not give a proper interview because her voice might not sound too feminine?


Her voice sounds very feminine actually. Infact, its actually very sexy.


jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
July 16 2012 03:25 GMT
#493
On July 16 2012 12:11 Zzoram wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 12:00 BathTubNZ wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:50 Zzoram wrote:
Are there VODs of the WCS Canada finals? Those VODs should be free since they are for Blizzard's tournament right?


All NASL VODs are free, I don't see why these will be any different. Just give them the usual day or 2 to recover from the producing the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NAStarLeague/videos

For those talking about Illusion not getting the respect he deserves, Scarlett picks him (& Major) as the only 2 people she is worried about for the NA Champs.

http://www.gamespot.com/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/videos/interview-with-scarlett-after-being-crowned-the-wcs-champion-6387226/


Is Major even in the NA Champs? He's not listed in Liquipedia as being qualified.

If Major isn't there, Huk and Illusion are the only two players at NA Champs that might beat Scarlett.


The Mexico Nationals are still about three weeks away.
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Calyso
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States49 Posts
July 16 2012 03:26 GMT
#494
On July 16 2012 12:15 redviper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:41 reqmoreminerals wrote:
I have never heard Scarlett speak so I am not sure if this might be accurate,

but could it be she did not give a proper interview because her voice might not sound too feminine?


Her voice sounds very feminine actually. Infact, its actually very sexy.




Her first interview, he voice was weird to me, but her Gamespot one from today, she has a very unique and almost sexy voice as you stated. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her, especially seeing her loosen up for interviews.
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
July 16 2012 03:34 GMT
#495
On July 16 2012 12:11 Zzoram wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 12:00 BathTubNZ wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:50 Zzoram wrote:
Are there VODs of the WCS Canada finals? Those VODs should be free since they are for Blizzard's tournament right?


All NASL VODs are free, I don't see why these will be any different. Just give them the usual day or 2 to recover from the producing the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NAStarLeague/videos

For those talking about Illusion not getting the respect he deserves, Scarlett picks him (& Major) as the only 2 people she is worried about for the NA Champs.

http://www.gamespot.com/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/videos/interview-with-scarlett-after-being-crowned-the-wcs-champion-6387226/


Is Major even in the NA Champs? He's not listed in Liquipedia as being qualified.

If Major isn't there, Huk and Illusion are the only two players at NA Champs that might beat Scarlett.

According to this TL thread, Major was among the 8 who qualified to the Mexico finals in the last qualifier, but the results are not on Liquipedia for some reason and I can't find them anywhere else.

Thanks for the Gamespot link by the way, awesome to see an interview where she's a bit more relaxed.
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
July 16 2012 03:41 GMT
#496
On July 16 2012 12:15 redviper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 08:41 reqmoreminerals wrote:
I have never heard Scarlett speak so I am not sure if this might be accurate,

but could it be she did not give a proper interview because her voice might not sound too feminine?


Her voice sounds very feminine actually. Infact, its actually very sexy.



i only heard her say like one sentence at the NASL finals but i wouldnt call it sexy voice

it was after her win so probably wasnt her actual voice
Mozzery
Profile Joined January 2012
United States140 Posts
July 16 2012 04:56 GMT
#497
Scarlett must be really confident in ZvZ and ZvP to have absolutely no fear of Idra/Vibe/Mystik from the American qualifier, all of them in my opinion had/have potential to take ZvZ games off of really good players, Suppy is good too but I can't recall him beating a top zerg in a lan before. Funny how seemingly the majority of Terrans are complaining about ZvT and the only 2 people who Scarlett fears in NA qualifier are Terrans.
Proponent of team liquid word filtering imbalanced to "at an unacceptable level of racial balance/game design"
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
July 16 2012 05:24 GMT
#498
On July 16 2012 12:00 BathTubNZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:50 Zzoram wrote:
Are there VODs of the WCS Canada finals? Those VODs should be free since they are for Blizzard's tournament right?


All NASL VODs are free, I don't see why these will be any different. Just give them the usual day or 2 to recover from the producing the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NAStarLeague/videos

For those talking about Illusion not getting the respect he deserves, Scarlett picks him (& Major) as the only 2 people she is worried about for the NA Champs.

http://www.gamespot.com/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/videos/interview-with-scarlett-after-being-crowned-the-wcs-champion-6387226/


I've heard conflicting reports on this. Some say the VoDS are pay only, by which I guess they mean the live matches. But hopefully that doesn't include WCS? I was at the event, so I couldn't actually watch the WCS matches that weren't on display there.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
July 16 2012 07:02 GMT
#499
On July 16 2012 13:56 Mozzery wrote:
Scarlett must be really confident in ZvZ and ZvP to have absolutely no fear of Idra/Vibe/Mystik from the American qualifier, all of them in my opinion had/have potential to take ZvZ games off of really good players, Suppy is good too but I can't recall him beating a top zerg in a lan before. Funny how seemingly the majority of Terrans are complaining about ZvT and the only 2 people who Scarlett fears in NA qualifier are Terrans.


Honestly to me it makes sense. Even before her win and interviews I was saying to my buddies that Illusion and Major are the only two that could give her a real run for her money. I mean between her IPLTAC games and her games this WCS it seems like she's on that whole new level of zerg that DRG and Stephano are on, in terms of micro at all times while macroing (yes I'll go as far as to say that. Most of her mistakes are to dumb little timings and things which she'll figure out with more tournament experience. But look at her fucking creep spread for example and, especially in her series against Ddoro, notice how it keeps going WHILE she's fighting and microing zerglings...) Even her one loss was a result of a last ditch nydus. Which was a fantastic game btw, Scarlett went for a very unique build which I think actually works due to the 5 range queens. Anyway, Vibe is pretty inconsistent and Idra is... well Idra. I haven't seen much of Mystic tho so I can't comment there.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
July 16 2012 07:20 GMT
#500
On July 16 2012 08:23 VPCursed wrote:
it honestly disgust me that scarlett gets so much recognition but people who have such better results like Illusion go nearly un-noticed

What results, exactly? I feel like Illusion is one of the most hyped up players outside of Korea atm, with very little to show for it aside from lots of promise.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason87
SpeCial 68
Railgan 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16005
Dewaltoss 150
firebathero 106
Hyuk 100
ZZZero.O 79
Terrorterran 24
Dota 2
febbydoto47
League of Legends
Doublelift2983
Counter-Strike
Fnx 864
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5820
crisheroes960
Other Games
summit1g6567
FrodaN2530
fl0m840
mouzStarbuck460
KnowMe328
ToD218
ArmadaUGS129
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1170
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• Adnapsc2 23
• musti20045 14
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 52
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen139
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur232
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 50m
INu's Battles
14h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.