• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7389 users

IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown - TAC3 Finals - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 439 Next
LeSioN
Profile Joined November 2010
United States325 Posts
August 02 2012 09:58 GMT
#121
On August 02 2012 08:25 IGNProLeague wrote:
Now with the showmatch being undone, we may end up shuffling the schedule a slight bit. Expect 4 p.m. local time start, give or take an hour.


I guess its official. IPL is now league of legends primarily.
Someone needs to tell the truth, but it shouldn't be my job.
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
August 02 2012 10:02 GMT
#122
On August 02 2012 18:58 LeSioN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 08:25 IGNProLeague wrote:
Now with the showmatch being undone, we may end up shuffling the schedule a slight bit. Expect 4 p.m. local time start, give or take an hour.


I guess its official. IPL is now league of legends primarily.

Even if you want to think of them having their primary focus on LoL. They still continue putting on great sc2 shows.
Surrealistic
Profile Joined September 2009
311 Posts
August 02 2012 10:40 GMT
#123
On August 02 2012 19:02 Irave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 18:58 LeSioN wrote:
On August 02 2012 08:25 IGNProLeague wrote:
Now with the showmatch being undone, we may end up shuffling the schedule a slight bit. Expect 4 p.m. local time start, give or take an hour.


I guess its official. IPL is now league of legends primarily.

Even if you want to think of them having their primary focus on LoL. They still continue putting on great sc2 shows.

Yeah. But what really is confusing is how popular LoL is. God it's boring to watch isn't it?
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
August 02 2012 10:43 GMT
#124
Happy
YoDa
LosirA
NesTea
Seed
First
YongHwa

Not taking MVP nor MC?
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Seoirse
Profile Joined February 2012
34 Posts
August 02 2012 11:12 GMT
#125
On June 27 2012 08:51 cablesc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 08:32 uuurbAn wrote:
You want me to travel across the bay and then pay $25 to see one match? What a fucking rip off, I wish a legitimate tournament would be held in San Francisco. Guess I'm still waiting on that...


You're crazy. This is awesome for people who can go. It's just like going to a major sporting event. 2-3 hours of concentrated entertainment with everything on the line.

And Team league finals pretty much always deliver (GSTL, IPL TAC 2 etc.)


Oh yeah, that GSTL finals was so back and forth. /s
Idra come back..
Abacus1
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia45 Posts
August 02 2012 17:20 GMT
#126
Pretty stoked for this as an IM fan, but having watched Taeja play his way through those other teams, it would be pretty amazing to see him cap of this tournament with some more dominance,

As a Zerg player I'm usually not that interested in seeing games without them in it, but watching Taeja play is just so impressive.
'We all got our choices to make...'
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
August 02 2012 17:35 GMT
#127
man 2 weeks ago i was expecting to go to an all day show with MMA v MVP bo9, anyways GL with the tourney IPL
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
August 02 2012 20:55 GMT
#128
Liquid comes into this at 33-19
IM is at the insane 20-4
Taeja is running 16-2

Honestly Taeja's record is even better than IM's right now. And, unless I'm horrible at math, Liquid minus Taeja is at an even 17-17.

Should be fun to see how the whole thing plays out.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 04:05:49
August 03 2012 04:02 GMT
#129

On June 27 2012 08:32 uuurbAn wrote:
You want me to travel across the bay and then pay $25 to see one match? What a fucking rip off, I wish a legitimate tournament would be held in San Francisco. Guess I'm still waiting on that...



Yeah, you could always go see a 2 hour movie with some popcorn and a drink for 25$ instead.

Or go to a nice restaurant once with somebody for 25$.

Or like... buy 5 coffees at starbucks. Perspective is nice. I would totally give up 5 days of coffee to see this if I could.

For the time/entertainment value, it really is a good deal. We get probably several hours of top notch SC2, for the same price as a 2 hour movie and some drinks, a time out, or a few coffees.

(Gas money is a different story, but that's irrelevant really because it's not IPL's fault about where anyone lives).
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Lovedoll
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan540 Posts
August 03 2012 04:15 GMT
#130
I actually live in San Francisco currently, but I'm still debating whether or not I should go.
Spread your eggs until they crack!
ChuCky.Ca
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada2497 Posts
August 03 2012 04:27 GMT
#131
On August 02 2012 18:58 LeSioN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 08:25 IGNProLeague wrote:
Now with the showmatch being undone, we may end up shuffling the schedule a slight bit. Expect 4 p.m. local time start, give or take an hour.


I guess its official. IPL is now league of legends primarily.

they like to focus on a game with little skill to bad eh?
Most Skilled Current esport Games Scbw>Sc2>Cs1.6>Dota2>Hon>Loopin Louie The Drinking Game>LoL
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 04:58:16
August 03 2012 04:31 GMT
#132
Can somebody give me a more specific time to when the IPL TAC3 finals are actually going to be? I'm looking for a specific time, like 3PM, etc. Sadly, I won't be able to make it if it is in the morning. =/
Also, when is the 1v1 between the TL and LG-IM aces going to be? Is that still going to happen?
Edit: nvm, read the thread, 4PM is solid right?
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
August 03 2012 05:21 GMT
#133
I am a bit dissapointed that IM isn`t taking at least MVP if not MC as well with them.
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
August 03 2012 05:28 GMT
#134
On August 03 2012 13:02 Alryk wrote:

Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 08:32 uuurbAn wrote:
You want me to travel across the bay and then pay $25 to see one match? What a fucking rip off, I wish a legitimate tournament would be held in San Francisco. Guess I'm still waiting on that...



Yeah, you could always go see a 2 hour movie with some popcorn and a drink for 25$ instead.

Or go to a nice restaurant once with somebody for 25$.

Or like... buy 5 coffees at starbucks. Perspective is nice. I would totally give up 5 days of coffee to see this if I could.

For the time/entertainment value, it really is a good deal. We get probably several hours of top notch SC2, for the same price as a 2 hour movie and some drinks, a time out, or a few coffees.

(Gas money is a different story, but that's irrelevant really because it's not IPL's fault about where anyone lives).


To put it further in perspective, I will probably be driving from SD for the weekend primarily for the finals. Of course, I am a huge IM fan (only wish MVP was attending), but still.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Dr.Sin
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 05:37:28
August 03 2012 05:31 GMT
#135
Man, this is quite the bait and switch IPL's doing on everyone. 25 bucks for 1 evening of SC2 and no more showmatch. I'm not sure this is the kind of unforgettable experience Cats was talking about in terms of attending live tournaments. Not impressed with IPL.
Mairu
Profile Joined August 2010
United States222 Posts
August 03 2012 05:39 GMT
#136
On August 02 2012 08:25 IGNProLeague wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 08:23 -FoX wrote:
Sorry if i missed it somewhere in the thread but I was looking around and can't find when the Starcraft 2 action actually begins? I bought my ticket a while back and am not sure when to show up ^_^.

Now with the showmatch being undone, we may end up shuffling the schedule a slight bit. Expect 4 p.m. local time start, give or take an hour.

I wish you could just start with the StarCraft so I wouldn't have to waste my time sitting through shit I don't want to see. Can't even get a real schedule and since it's in the middle of the day I'm not going to feel comfortable arriving after the LoL shit has started as I'm afraid I won't be able to get good seats.

The light roster for IM is also very disappointing. I've already paid for my ticket and I'm glad you're doing something in SF, but I wish it wasn't almost entirely League of Legends.
Relevant
Profile Joined May 2012
United States63 Posts
August 03 2012 07:55 GMT
#137
Well I'll be there, because it's less than 20 dollars and There won't be any other events in the area any time soon, so I might as well.

That said, I agree with the others that the players competing are not the ones we'd like to see, there won't be nearly enough starcraft, and there's way too much LoL
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
August 03 2012 08:13 GMT
#138
A simple solution to the match between the aces of TL and LG-IM, just have the match after the TAC 3 finals? I mean, that way, strategies are not shown by the two teams before the finals, and fans get what they want. I also feel that the players should not be that fatigued, unless taeja scores a reverse all-kill, then maybe. It just seems that this tournament is so dull with just being a TAC3 finals. I understand that Korea has a lot of large esports events for finals, but those are free and you guys are actually charging for this. If you guys are actually going to charge us for this, then give us an event that deserves being charged for. $18.75 is a lot, and I feel that if this was in any place except for the bay area, nobody would be going. The bay area has been dying for a big tournament/sc2 event in the area, and I'm sorry to say, this is not doing us justice.
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
August 03 2012 08:33 GMT
#139
On August 02 2012 19:43 Pandemona wrote:
Happy
YoDa
LosirA
NesTea
Seed
First
YongHwa

Not taking MVP nor MC?


Not surprising. Both of them have WCS and OSL (MVP has WCG as well) coming up. MC is at ROG this weekend so their schedule's are pretty full. It is good for IM to give some other players some exposure and experience on the international stage. Plus, these were the players that got them into this position so they all deserve to go.
TimeRocker
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2 Posts
August 03 2012 08:55 GMT
#140
Im driving a good 100 miles for this match. IM is my favorite team, Nestea being my favorite player, and back when i was in LA, i missed meeting him at the airport during last years blizzcon, so now is my chance . And for only 18.75 a ticket, thats a good deal. Better then any movie. Plus i got my gf to go with me so she can share and understand my love for this game and see how much fun it can be.

I am a little bumbed about the showmatch being cancelled but its COMPLETELY understandable. Being in tournaments myself, playing game after game in 1 day racks your nerves like there's no tomorrow and having say Taeja vs Nestea for a possible 7-9 gmae before the main event would make them almost useless in the actual finals. I cant wait for this event and cant wait to meet a bunch of people and new friends there :D
Mess with the best, lose like the rest
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 439 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1319
actioN 1232
Soma 631
EffOrt 311
Horang2 215
Pusan 176
Jaedong 151
hero 124
Stork 124
soO 88
[ Show more ]
HiyA 77
ZerO 75
Killer 67
Rush 45
Shinee 33
Sharp 32
sorry 32
Bale 31
Mong 25
NaDa 12
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sexy 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1211
XaKoH 151
Counter-Strike
edward49
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes797
WinterStarcraft771
Other Games
gofns50125
singsing1221
olofmeister1139
ceh9577
Livibee204
Pyrionflax138
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• StrangeGG 46
• LUISG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2337
League of Legends
• Jankos1642
• Rush1399
• Stunt383
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7m
CranKy Ducklings3
Afreeca Starleague
7m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 7m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.