• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8836 users

[Up/Down] Group E 2012 GSL Season 3 - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 114 115 116 Next
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 16:49:17
May 24 2012 16:42 GMT
#61
On May 25 2012 01:24 ZeroSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:11 ragz_gt wrote:
On May 25 2012 01:01 TeeTS wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:51 Kkxtrouble wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:47 ragz_gt wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:41 Poopi wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:32 UnholyRai wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:16 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:04 UnholyRai wrote:
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it


With the state of P v T at the moment in Korea (terran getting rolled), this isn't really the wisest bet.

However, I'll take it anyway!



Heart, MMA and MKP all have good chances of getting in. I'd put it at about <2% chance that none of them get through.

I agree - I'm just saying that the current metagame would suggest betting your life on terrans beating 2 protosses isn't very wise - though I guess the caliber of these players is just so much higher then Ace/Killers that the bet is very tempting.

The caliber of these players doesn't matter, especially in a bo1, and even in a TvT it would be stupid to bet your life because anything can happen, see GoOdy beating MMA LOL.


Well, kinda depends on what's your breaking point for 1bil vs your life. For most people 75% chance might be tempting enough. And with with 3 terran, The chance of at least 1 making through is 80% even if every match is 50-50 split.

Yeah, but if this was for real i doubt so many people would vote for the money.


lol I doubt most people would take a 1/4 chance of die instantly (oh well, most people are dumb, so maybe I'm wrong here). However. I don't see any real situation happen, where no terran gets out of this group, so in this case, I would take the bet.


1 Bil is A LOT of money. Basically you never work another day and can buy everything except Dodgers kind of money.
US Government agency such as FDA and EPA value human life at around 8mil.


lol...pathetic

There is no logic here. Take in account that society is so fcked up, a human life in Africa is 800 $ while Paris Hilton thinks her life cant be measured in value.

Actually u also have to take into account that this world is basically just ethnically wrong to begin with.


Besides ethical, there are good reason to put a value on human life. For example, how much security is reasonable at airport? How much funding should go to medical research? What should be the fire code for construction? What should be the speed limit? How much tax to put on alcohol, tobacco product?

Bring the topic back though, I'm taking tomorrow's work off just so I can watch this group (well, that and I get four days off combined with Memorial day is really nice).
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
May 24 2012 16:45 GMT
#62
Ace and MKP!
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
May 24 2012 16:46 GMT
#63
On May 25 2012 01:25 Kkxtrouble wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:02 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it



I just realised - it just says that if you lose you die. It doesn't say when.

I will die anyway. Therefore it makes sense to vote for the Terrans every time.

By that logic you become immortal. If you don't lose you don't die, if you don't die you're immortal. Yay.


I don't want to be immortal. That would be boring as shit.
Kkxtrouble
Profile Joined April 2012
Brazil575 Posts
May 24 2012 16:49 GMT
#64
On May 25 2012 01:46 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:25 Kkxtrouble wrote:
On May 25 2012 01:02 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it



I just realised - it just says that if you lose you die. It doesn't say when.

I will die anyway. Therefore it makes sense to vote for the Terrans every time.

By that logic you become immortal. If you don't lose you don't die, if you don't die you're immortal. Yay.


I don't want to be immortal. That would be boring as shit.

I bet with the money you'll have you can even find a way to die.
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 16:49:49
May 24 2012 16:49 GMT
#65
On May 25 2012 01:02 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it



I just realised - it just says that if you lose you die. It doesn't say when.

I will die anyway. Therefore it makes sense to vote for the Terrans every time.

If you win, it doesn't say when you get your 1 billion either. Could be the day before you die.
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
ZeroSC2
Profile Joined May 2012
Korea (South)668 Posts
May 24 2012 16:50 GMT
#66
On May 25 2012 01:42 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:24 ZeroSC2 wrote:
On May 25 2012 01:11 ragz_gt wrote:
On May 25 2012 01:01 TeeTS wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:51 Kkxtrouble wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:47 ragz_gt wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:41 Poopi wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:32 UnholyRai wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:16 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 25 2012 00:04 UnholyRai wrote:
[quote]
With the state of P v T at the moment in Korea (terran getting rolled), this isn't really the wisest bet.

However, I'll take it anyway!



Heart, MMA and MKP all have good chances of getting in. I'd put it at about <2% chance that none of them get through.

I agree - I'm just saying that the current metagame would suggest betting your life on terrans beating 2 protosses isn't very wise - though I guess the caliber of these players is just so much higher then Ace/Killers that the bet is very tempting.

The caliber of these players doesn't matter, especially in a bo1, and even in a TvT it would be stupid to bet your life because anything can happen, see GoOdy beating MMA LOL.


Well, kinda depends on what's your breaking point for 1bil vs your life. For most people 75% chance might be tempting enough. And with with 3 terran, The chance of at least 1 making through is 80% even if every match is 50-50 split.

Yeah, but if this was for real i doubt so many people would vote for the money.


lol I doubt most people would take a 1/4 chance of die instantly (oh well, most people are dumb, so maybe I'm wrong here). However. I don't see any real situation happen, where no terran gets out of this group, so in this case, I would take the bet.


1 Bil is A LOT of money. Basically you never work another day and can buy everything except Dodgers kind of money.
US Government agency such as FDA and EPA value human life at around 8mil.


lol...pathetic

There is no logic here. Take in account that society is so fcked up, a human life in Africa is 800 $ while Paris Hilton thinks her life cant be measured in value.

Actually u also have to take into account that this world is basically just ethnically wrong to begin with.


Besides ethical, there are good reason to put a value on human life. For example, how much security is reasonable at airport? How much funding should go to medical research? What should be the fire code for construction?

Bring the topic back though, I'm taking tomorrow's work off just so I can watch this group (well, that and I get four days off combined with Memorial day is really nice).


sure but that still doesnt mean you can afford to kill people and pay 8 million $ to the government for each taken soul, because they "cost" that much.

Maybe..... just maybe someone out of this world will punish you in the afterlife xD
Flash
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
May 24 2012 16:52 GMT
#67
On May 25 2012 01:49 Yaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:02 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it



I just realised - it just says that if you lose you die. It doesn't say when.

I will die anyway. Therefore it makes sense to vote for the Terrans every time.

If you win, it doesn't say when you get your 1 billion either. Could be the day before you die.


Oh god. WHY DID I VOTE IN THAT POLL?
Crono9987
Profile Joined November 2010
44 Posts
May 24 2012 17:01 GMT
#68
On May 25 2012 01:49 Kkxtrouble wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:46 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 25 2012 01:25 Kkxtrouble wrote:
On May 25 2012 01:02 SeaSwift wrote:
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it



I just realised - it just says that if you lose you die. It doesn't say when.

I will die anyway. Therefore it makes sense to vote for the Terrans every time.

By that logic you become immortal. If you don't lose you don't die, if you don't die you're immortal. Yay.


I don't want to be immortal. That would be boring as shit.

I bet with the money you'll have you can even find a way to die.



hahaha full metal alchemist anyone?
Mobsy
Profile Joined April 2012
United States127 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 17:35:18
May 24 2012 17:09 GMT
#69
MKP is sexy, no homo.
I predict MKP and MMA/BBoongBBoong
I like the moment I break a man's ego.
Nuithari
Profile Joined December 2010
Belgium737 Posts
May 24 2012 17:12 GMT
#70
On May 25 2012 02:09 Mobsy wrote:
MKP is sexy, no homo.
I predict MKP and MVP/BBoongBBoong


MVP? ^^

I'm guessing/hoping MKP and BBBB
I'd be happy with MKP and MMA as well
"Marineking's greatest strength is his enjoyment of the game" -Grubby
mrgauva
Profile Joined December 2011
Vietnam134 Posts
May 24 2012 17:23 GMT
#71
MKP and MMA .... but everything can happen
Mobsy
Profile Joined April 2012
United States127 Posts
May 24 2012 17:35 GMT
#72
On May 25 2012 02:12 Nuithari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 02:09 Mobsy wrote:
MKP is sexy, no homo.
I predict MKP and MVP/BBoongBBoong


MVP? ^^

I'm guessing/hoping MKP and BBBB
I'd be happy with MKP and MMA as well

hahaha good catch..
I like the moment I break a man's ego.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 17:43:07
May 24 2012 17:41 GMT
#73
Group of death.
I wouldn't be surprised if Heart makes it through and MMA doesn't.
Mobsy
Profile Joined April 2012
United States127 Posts
May 24 2012 17:59 GMT
#74
I agree.. group of death.. but only thing for sure is MKP wins group.. he is too damn good not too. anyone else can make it out except killer.
I like the moment I break a man's ego.
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
May 24 2012 18:00 GMT
#75
On May 24 2012 22:25 SeaSwift wrote:
If anyone other than MKP and MMA advance it will be a biiiig upset.


my thoughts exactly, but b4 has the capability to upset, and so has Killer lately (look at ipl tac) and heart is playing phenomenal lately.

I dunno man, this is going to be a rough night for terran fans =(
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 24 2012 18:02 GMT
#76
Hoping for marineking and mma but I bet its something completely random like ace and heart
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
May 24 2012 18:15 GMT
#77
5-0 MKP!
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
May 24 2012 18:30 GMT
#78
MKP and blah blah blah you know the rest :p

Now watch 1 or both of them not get out xD
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
May 24 2012 18:42 GMT
#79
MMA MKP... who else?
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
aznball123
Profile Joined February 2012
2759 Posts
May 24 2012 18:53 GMT
#80
On May 24 2012 23:24 Koshi wrote:
Time for another 1 billion poll? You get coL.Heart as a possible lifesaver.
Poll: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

Take it (54)
 
95%

Leave it (3)
 
5%

57 total votes

Your vote: You get 1 Billion if at least 1 Terran advances. If not you die.

(Vote): Take it
(Vote): Leave it


I see what you did there, it's a trick question. It didn't specifically say 1 billion what, just vaguely 1 billion.
Mmm, what to watch.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 114 115 116 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 616
UpATreeSC 129
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20425
firebathero 204
Rush 137
Dewaltoss 79
Trap 24
Sexy 21
Shine 18
Bale 13
yabsab 9
Djem5 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7754
qojqva1579
420jenkins136
monkeys_forever76
Counter-Strike
fl0m1529
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1877
crisheroes1136
Liquid`Hasu746
XaKoH 156
MindelVK9
Other Games
Grubby3056
FrodaN824
ceh9804
Beastyqt644
ArmadaUGS195
KnowMe166
C9.Mang0144
Hui .141
byalli130
QueenE107
Trikslyr75
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1910
League of Legends
• TFBlade1179
Other Games
• imaqtpie851
• WagamamaTV244
• Shiphtur232
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 28m
Stellar Fest
18h 28m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.