• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:06
CEST 08:06
KST 15:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7546 users

[IEM] World - Day 3 @ CeBIT - Page 70

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 Next
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
March 08 2012 15:36 GMT
#1381
Feast to take it all !!! GOGOGOGO
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
March 08 2012 15:38 GMT
#1382
Feast really surprising so many people. Congratulations to the guy!
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
March 08 2012 15:39 GMT
#1383
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


If you know more about the foreigners at this IEM (apart from IdrA / Grubby / White-Ra) than MMA / MC then I don't know how you watch StarCraft.

When I watch a game, I see the player, not where he comes from. It doesn't matter where they are from, if the play was amazing I will get excited. It just happens more often when Korean plays because they dedicate themselves more into the game and therefore by default, will be better at the game.

I know a ton about Leenock because I've seen him play a lot. Mainly because he's my favourite zerg and I play zerg as well so I try to copy the way he plays. But also because I follow Team FXO. I know more about the FXO's players playstyle / weak and strong matchups etc than I do 95% of the foreigners.

"MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG."

If anything, these 2 players the ones we know the most about if you follow SC2. Name 5 foreigners that you know more about that MC / MMA >_> I don't care if you don't follow GSL, because they have been in so many foreign events so you should've seen them a lot.
리노크 👑
JayJay_90
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1632 Posts
March 08 2012 15:46 GMT
#1384
On March 09 2012 00:33 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 00:29 Champloo wrote:
On March 09 2012 00:18 Zzoram wrote:
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


You act like we actually know anything about foreigners. We don't know much more about them than we do the Koreans. Stephano doesn't speak English, we just know he's a bit immature and really good at the game. People love him because he's white / EU and good at SC2, not because of his engaging personality.

Idra is the most "known" player, but even so all we really know is the story of his disappointing career as "the great white hope" plus that he rages and tilts when he loses and is willing to call most players bad in interviews and complains about balance a lot.



Nobody "knows" anyone that well in the SC2 scene, or any professional sports scene really, since you can never know anyone beyond a superficial level without spending time with them. As a fan of the game, I know MMA as well as I need to know him, he's got sick aggressive multitasking style especially in TvZ and his games are more exciting to watch than most other players.


I can only speak for the German community, but we get to know the pros quite good.

There are a lot of german sites with sc2 coverage (fragster, readmore)
EPS (prestigous league where all the german pros participate)
EPS Cast (Pros analyzing their replays each week after the EPS)
Scenecast (Something like the German state of the game with Hasu, Socke, Darkforce, Delphi etc)


plus /qry hasuobs which was just amazing :D

Wow I almost forgot that exists, I watched that ages ago. Must rewatch! I hope the VOD is still available...
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
March 08 2012 15:52 GMT
#1385
Hasu and Take commentating the EPS Cup #3 final between Cloud and DF in German right now btw!
TumNarDok
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany854 Posts
March 08 2012 15:56 GMT
#1386
stream here

http://beta.esl.tv/channel/esltv-studio2/

rOse_PedaL
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Korea (South)450 Posts
March 08 2012 16:03 GMT
#1387
every korean advances!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MKP HWAITING ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
Vertical
Profile Joined July 2011
Indonesia4317 Posts
March 08 2012 16:15 GMT
#1388
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


they're much more fun than what u know

-Terran-
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
March 08 2012 16:24 GMT
#1389
Good job to feast, the lone foreigner in the ro8.
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
March 08 2012 16:34 GMT
#1390
Embarrassing day to be a foreigner . Good try guys, practice harder for next time !
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
March 08 2012 16:35 GMT
#1391
On March 09 2012 00:18 Zzoram wrote:

You act like we actually know anything about foreigners. We don't know much more about them than we do the Koreans. Stephano doesn't speak English, we just know he's a bit immature and really good at the game. People love him because he's white / EU and good at SC2, not because of his engaging personality.


What? He speaks english, and he has tunisian origins, so he's not even "white" lol.
SarkON
Profile Joined January 2011
Russian Federation117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 16:39:05
March 08 2012 16:38 GMT
#1392
I remember this debate after like 6 months SC2 was released about foreigners vs koreans.
Well, now we clearly see that at every single tournament that Koreans play together with foreigners, there's a huge gap between the 2.
And this gap is going to keep growing, that's just a fact.
I think we might end up with similar differences to those of Brood War. Only time will tell, maybe the gap is going to be smaller, but still quite noticable.
Who Dares Wins...
-xpeh-
Profile Joined July 2009
Ukraine86 Posts
March 08 2012 16:38 GMT
#1393
Can i download IEM stream from somewhere?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 08 2012 16:48 GMT
#1394
Hmmm not how my predictions went for the most part but I can see these results happening so not too surprised. Zenio played well against sC and Supernova is kind of up and down. Sucks that he gets MMA next round. JYP has always been good in PvP so I guess he was able to match up well with Elfi even though Elfi took down MC. THat's where I was thinking there was a best chance of a foreigner > korean upset. Oh well. Looking good for an MMA vs MC finals. I am a little surprised that Killer 3-0 Hasuobs though. Killer's PvP has always been kind of mediocre
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
NuclearJudas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
6546 Posts
March 08 2012 16:49 GMT
#1395
On March 09 2012 01:38 SarkON wrote:
I remember this debate after like 6 months SC2 was released about foreigners vs koreans.
Well, now we clearly see that at every single tournament that Koreans play together with foreigners, there's a huge gap between the 2.
And this gap is going to keep growing, that's just a fact.
I think we might end up with similar differences to those of Brood War. Only time will tell, maybe the gap is going to be smaller, but still quite noticable.

Dunno man, Feast beat Supernova 2-0. It's the same it''s always been, only the best foreigners can take the Koreans down. And most of those have Korean training.
Life is like Tetris. Your errors pile up but your accomplishments disappear. - Robert Ohlén | http://railroaddiary.wordpress.com/ - My words about stuff.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
March 08 2012 17:11 GMT
#1396
On March 09 2012 01:38 -xpeh- wrote:
Can i download IEM stream from somewhere?


there should be a rerun currently or in 20minutes, dont have the stream open atm
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
March 08 2012 17:28 GMT
#1397
On March 09 2012 01:15 Vertical wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


they're much more fun than what u know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFnNRHbeS8

Damn, violet acting as a translator

Pretty confident with his english to do that :D
Love it when the koreans bust out the english.
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
-xpeh-
Profile Joined July 2009
Ukraine86 Posts
March 08 2012 17:31 GMT
#1398
On March 09 2012 02:11 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 01:38 -xpeh- wrote:
Can i download IEM stream from somewhere?


there should be a rerun currently or in 20minutes, dont have the stream open atm

I mean as record/download, so i could watch them at any time and skip pauses.

I don't get the idea of rerun. Why don't just put it to twitch archive?
Raistlin
Profile Joined May 2003
Sweden104 Posts
March 08 2012 17:32 GMT
#1399


We caught the FFA winner on camera!
Head administrator, GosuGamers.net
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
March 08 2012 17:34 GMT
#1400
Total Korean dominance today :O
Happy to see Sangho and Zenio doing so well :D
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 147
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2059
HiyA 459
Mong 182
Shinee 61
Bale 25
NotJumperer 24
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Reynor57
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 793
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft685
Other Games
summit1g7077
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft226
ArmadaUGS35
RuFF_SC231
Livibee20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick540
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream449
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2236
League of Legends
• Rush1236
• Lourlo1141
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
3h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
17h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 4h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.