• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:14
CEST 21:14
KST 04:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8397 users

[IEM] World - Day 3 @ CeBIT - Page 69

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 72 Next
Travin
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Sweden672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 14:17:20
March 08 2012 14:16 GMT
#1361
Not very exciting games today.
edit Except ffa
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
March 08 2012 14:22 GMT
#1362
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.

Well, but to say that you have the best players in theworld, you need to have koreans, and if you dont, alot of people wont watch.
Also, about Zenio, he has a really cynical humor :D
Just saying.
And also, what do you know about the foreigners? For example Hasu, i dont know much more about him then i know about Puma.
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
March 08 2012 14:24 GMT
#1363
Are there any vods up?
Fantasy is a beast
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 14:30:04
March 08 2012 14:25 GMT
#1364
To those wondering why there are no more matches today:

This tournament is held at Cebit. Today it is Thursday.

That is all.

Also there will be some EPS games in an hour:
Darkforce vs Cloud
This is our town, scrub
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 14:26:25
March 08 2012 14:25 GMT
#1365
are there going to be any more games today? nvm i just saw no more matches
kiss me
Derity
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2952 Posts
March 08 2012 14:26 GMT
#1366
you can watch some great cs http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_event3
Defeat
Profile Joined March 2010
United States476 Posts
March 08 2012 14:29 GMT
#1367
On March 08 2012 22:46 Zeon0 wrote:
somebody asked for a replay of the FFA?

http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/hanover/news/187584/#/masters/season6/hanover/sc2/playoffs/match/25548074/

can be found attached to Killer-Hasu

Thank you
"the metagame has really evolved to the point where the best chance to win the metagame is to game the metagame" -Bags
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
March 08 2012 14:47 GMT
#1368
On March 08 2012 23:26 Derity wrote:
you can watch some great cs http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_event3

yeah go watch that right now... cs is easily watchable for cs noobs like me
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
March 08 2012 14:48 GMT
#1369
Zenio beating Supernova....didnt see that one coming....everything else i predicted
nRoot
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany928 Posts
March 08 2012 15:00 GMT
#1370
On March 08 2012 23:22 GoSuChicken wrote:
And also, what do you know about the foreigners? For example Hasu, i dont know much more about him then i know about Puma.

Well, than you're probably just new to the German/European RTS scene
Benjamin80
Profile Joined February 2012
581 Posts
March 08 2012 15:08 GMT
#1371
On March 08 2012 23:48 HuKPOWA wrote:
Zenio beating Supernova....didnt see that one coming....everything else i predicted


I did Supernova didnt really look very good in the group stages
[QUOTE][B]On March 19 2012 02:32 iNcontroL wrote:[/B] IF LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU CANNON RUSH[/QUOTE]
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
March 08 2012 15:17 GMT
#1372
Marcus420
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1923 Posts
March 08 2012 15:18 GMT
#1373
where are vods???
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 08 2012 15:18 GMT
#1374
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


You act like we actually know anything about foreigners. We don't know much more about them than we do the Koreans. Stephano doesn't speak English, we just know he's a bit immature and really good at the game. People love him because he's white / EU and good at SC2, not because of his engaging personality.

Idra is the most "known" player, but even so all we really know is the story of his disappointing career as "the great white hope" plus that he rages and tilts when he loses and is willing to call most players bad in interviews and complains about balance a lot.



Nobody "knows" anyone that well in the SC2 scene, or any professional sports scene really, since you can never know anyone beyond a superficial level without spending time with them. As a fan of the game, I know MMA as well as I need to know him, he's got sick aggressive multitasking style especially in TvZ and his games are more exciting to watch than most other players.
GodOfWar
Profile Joined December 2011
870 Posts
March 08 2012 15:19 GMT
#1375
On March 08 2012 23:48 HuKPOWA wrote:
Zenio beating Supernova....didnt see that one coming....everything else i predicted


that one hurt in my Pinnacle bankroll
Mvp Moon Squirtle
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 08 2012 15:22 GMT
#1376
On March 09 2012 00:17 kju wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRRHrVkTguE


lol

MC's TvP isn't bad and the way he builds MM is HILARIOUS. Who is he playing TvP against at IEM for fun?
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
March 08 2012 15:22 GMT
#1377
On March 09 2012 00:08 Benjamin80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 23:48 HuKPOWA wrote:
Zenio beating Supernova....didnt see that one coming....everything else i predicted


I did Supernova didnt really look very good in the group stages


didn't watch the group stages...was going off of Zenios TvZ...didnt think it was his best matchup

Grats Zenio...good upset :D
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 08 2012 15:26 GMT
#1378
On March 09 2012 00:22 HuKPOWA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 00:08 Benjamin80 wrote:
On March 08 2012 23:48 HuKPOWA wrote:
Zenio beating Supernova....didnt see that one coming....everything else i predicted


I did Supernova didnt really look very good in the group stages


didn't watch the group stages...was going off of Zenios TvZ...didnt think it was his best matchup

Grats Zenio...good upset :D


SuperNova's TvZ in particular has looked shaky recently. He did manage to lose a series to Idra of all people in this very tournament, and Zenio is better than Idra.
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
March 08 2012 15:29 GMT
#1379
On March 09 2012 00:18 Zzoram wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


You act like we actually know anything about foreigners. We don't know much more about them than we do the Koreans. Stephano doesn't speak English, we just know he's a bit immature and really good at the game. People love him because he's white / EU and good at SC2, not because of his engaging personality.

Idra is the most "known" player, but even so all we really know is the story of his disappointing career as "the great white hope" plus that he rages and tilts when he loses and is willing to call most players bad in interviews and complains about balance a lot.



Nobody "knows" anyone that well in the SC2 scene, or any professional sports scene really, since you can never know anyone beyond a superficial level without spending time with them. As a fan of the game, I know MMA as well as I need to know him, he's got sick aggressive multitasking style especially in TvZ and his games are more exciting to watch than most other players.


I can only speak for the German community, but we get to know the pros quite good.

There are a lot of german sites with sc2 coverage (fragster, readmore)
EPS (prestigous league where all the german pros participate)
EPS Cast (Pros analyzing their replays each week after the EPS)
Scenecast (Something like the German state of the game with Hasu, Socke, Darkforce, Delphi etc)
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
March 08 2012 15:33 GMT
#1380
On March 09 2012 00:29 Champloo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 00:18 Zzoram wrote:
On March 08 2012 23:01 marcesr wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:26 ETisME wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

I feel so sorry for people like you

MMA, MC, BOXER, DRG, MKP, POLT etc are way more interesting than your top foreigners (and most likely are better as well)


I was talking about this tournament specifically and I didnt mean to disrespect Korean players.

So I dont watch GSL too often nor do I read too much about the Korean scene and that is what I know.

Violet seems a cool guy judging from some interviews and IEM Sao Paolo but the interviews were very superficial so you dont get to know much about him.
MMA is a great player and a GSL champion, thats it.
MC seems funny and put on a good show at MLG.
No clue about JYP, Puma, Killer, Zenio and Supernova.

I also respect that you are defending your stars but you should keep in mind that for a large part of the audience it is not so easy to keep track with all the Koreans since at almost every major tournament a new Korean appears and owns everyone.

The only reason why we dont see Koreans only at major tournaments with maybe 2-3 top foreigners is because the events use invitationals and regional qualifiers and that most Korean players still dont have the financial support to attend a lot of events.


You act like we actually know anything about foreigners. We don't know much more about them than we do the Koreans. Stephano doesn't speak English, we just know he's a bit immature and really good at the game. People love him because he's white / EU and good at SC2, not because of his engaging personality.

Idra is the most "known" player, but even so all we really know is the story of his disappointing career as "the great white hope" plus that he rages and tilts when he loses and is willing to call most players bad in interviews and complains about balance a lot.



Nobody "knows" anyone that well in the SC2 scene, or any professional sports scene really, since you can never know anyone beyond a superficial level without spending time with them. As a fan of the game, I know MMA as well as I need to know him, he's got sick aggressive multitasking style especially in TvZ and his games are more exciting to watch than most other players.


I can only speak for the German community, but we get to know the pros quite good.

There are a lot of german sites with sc2 coverage (fragster, readmore)
EPS (prestigous league where all the german pros participate)
EPS Cast (Pros analyzing their replays each week after the EPS)
Scenecast (Something like the German state of the game with Hasu, Socke, Darkforce, Delphi etc)


plus /qry hasuobs which was just amazing :D
This is our town, scrub
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 781
SteadfastSC543
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 543
UpATreeSC 107
JuggernautJason56
BRAT_OK 53
ZombieGrub42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28730
Soulkey 294
Dewaltoss 117
Mini 104
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 19
White-Ra 3
NotJumperer 3
Dota 2
qojqva1070
Dendi1015
Counter-Strike
fl0m1400
Fnx 716
shoxiejesuss644
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
Liquid`Hasu896
Other Games
Grubby2453
ArmadaUGS1059
B2W.Neo671
ceh9519
byalli485
C9.Mang0167
Pyrionflax117
Chillindude79
Trikslyr48
Railgan19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Reevou 7
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix9
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV42
League of Legends
• TFBlade1199
Other Games
• imaqtpie1096
• Scarra615
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 47m
OSC
17h 47m
Stellar Fest
17h 47m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.