• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8292 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Group Nomination Ro16 - Page 50

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 58 Next
XinAn
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
129 Posts
January 20 2012 11:26 GMT
#981
o.o gods, Mvp will crush Group A ...
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
January 20 2012 11:27 GMT
#982
On January 20 2012 20:24 mvtaylor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:22 hzflank wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


Jjakji would have to beat MC to make it out without facing Ganzi. It could go either way, but Jjakji is in no way safe in that group.


Nope, I can quite easily see Ganzi losing to MC and then Parting and finishing fourth in his group with Jjakji beating Parting to take second.


Good point, I stand corrected.

However, is Parting really that good? I dont watch much KSL so I have not seen a great deal from him personally.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 11:27:50
January 20 2012 11:27 GMT
#983
On January 20 2012 20:23 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.


Ganzi can beat all those players. He already 2-0'ed Jjakji last week.


Parting can beat any of them too. It's a really well matched group imo.
R!!
Profile Joined November 2011
Brazil938 Posts
January 20 2012 11:28 GMT
#984
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.

MC is teamless and Ganzi has a lot of people to help him deal with MC's style, I'd like to say that he has a good chance, but either one would be good, I only hope that Jjakji makes it through since he is the better player among them.
I like the part where sense is considered a common, settled thing.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
January 20 2012 11:29 GMT
#985
On January 20 2012 20:27 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:24 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:22 hzflank wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


Jjakji would have to beat MC to make it out without facing Ganzi. It could go either way, but Jjakji is in no way safe in that group.


Nope, I can quite easily see Ganzi losing to MC and then Parting and finishing fourth in his group with Jjakji beating Parting to take second.


Good point, I stand corrected.

However, is Parting really that good? I dont watch much KSL so I have not seen a great deal from him personally.

He is, even tho this week in KSL and GSL he was less convincing than usual and his play was less "clean".
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
January 20 2012 11:30 GMT
#986
On January 20 2012 20:28 R!! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.

MC is teamless and Ganzi has a lot of people to help him deal with MC's style, I'd like to say that he has a good chance, but either one would be good, I only hope that Jjakji makes it through since he is the better player among them.

MC will still probably have his oGs buddies to help him, I mean only last night he was grinding some games with Jinro. Unless their team's players are at stake, lots of friends are still probably happy to oblige MC and help him prepare.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
R!!
Profile Joined November 2011
Brazil938 Posts
January 20 2012 11:34 GMT
#987
On January 20 2012 20:30 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:28 R!! wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.

MC is teamless and Ganzi has a lot of people to help him deal with MC's style, I'd like to say that he has a good chance, but either one would be good, I only hope that Jjakji makes it through since he is the better player among them.

MC will still probably have his oGs buddies to help him, I mean only last night he was grinding some games with Jinro. Unless their team's players are at stake, lots of friends are still probably happy to oblige MC and help him prepare.

I don't it's the same thing, he won't be in the oGs house to discuss strats and I doubt that they will dedicate as much time to help him as they normally would, but maybe he can pull through!
I like the part where sense is considered a common, settled thing.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
January 20 2012 11:35 GMT
#988
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I dont know if you were watching the same genius i was in the ro32 but I certainly do think he's worthy of a group of death if he maintains that form
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
double620
Profile Joined July 2011
China804 Posts
January 20 2012 11:35 GMT
#989
Oz is so smart. After MMA picked him, he picked Puzzle. To prepare the match against Oz, Puzzle is a good practice partner, but how about they are in the same group?
NoMicroWin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States688 Posts
January 20 2012 11:40 GMT
#990
Oh shit Group D for Death.
If she pulls out her stalkers, you pull out your mauraders and concussive all over her tits
Zenic
Profile Joined October 2010
53 Posts
January 20 2012 11:41 GMT
#991
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.

To be honest, I can see genius winning this group. His PvT is strong and he would most likely face Nestea in the Winners Round who lost to worse Ps than Genius. Not to forget that he went 4-0 in Ro32, beating sC and DRG 2-0.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 20 2012 11:43 GMT
#992
This night could not have gone worse for DRG.

I'm so sad!!

Goddamn you nestea!
you ruin everything!
moo...for DRG
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
January 20 2012 11:43 GMT
#993
On January 20 2012 20:35 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I dont know if you were watching the same genius i was in the ro32 but I certainly do think he's worthy of a group of death if he maintains that form


Well, he has a history of doing well in Ro32 but crumbling in Ro16. I suppose we'll just have to see if that continues. His series against DRG looked more like the classic teamkill scenario where one player completely counters the other's style. Again, we'll have to see whether DRG can switch it up a bit more.

The last I saw of him before this GSL was in ESWC, in which he played a god-awful PvP against elfi IIRC. That's not really relevant because he doesn't have another Protoss in his group, but I'm just saying that if he gets out into the Ro8 and has to face a good Protoss (MC, Puzzle, Oz) he is probably screwed.
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
January 20 2012 11:46 GMT
#994
From my recollection of Genius' PvP, I would favour him vs Puzzle, but not vs MC or Oz. Although PvP can always go either way.
borny
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
China481 Posts
January 20 2012 11:53 GMT
#995
HOLY FUCK GROUP D!

Looks good for the startale players though, googogogoo
Naniwa . July . Morrow . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go STARTALE!
discobaas
Profile Joined December 2011
225 Posts
January 20 2012 11:54 GMT
#996
- Yes, 2 years older. I don't mind people compares us, but Leenock eats too much., so it helps distinguish between us.
LOL

thx for translations
you're wrong
Razyel
Profile Joined May 2010
295 Posts
January 20 2012 11:56 GMT
#997
On January 20 2012 10:12 red4ce wrote:
MVP picks MKP so they can continue the most one sided rivalry in Korean SC2
Nestea fulfills his promise to Oz and picks him in group D.
MC announces he wants to create a group of death. Picks DRG.
MMA picks Ganzi, tells him he's the only one worthy of being Boxer's son

lol, none came true , but I like the way you think .
Tester Iron NonY WhiteRa Huk Genius
weiliem
Profile Joined January 2008
2073 Posts
January 20 2012 12:01 GMT
#998
On January 20 2012 19:44 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 19:44 Fionn wrote:
MVP got easyman group.

now mvp wont advance
thanks a lot

hahaha..... thats a good troll....
Oppa feeding style
waylanderm
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands118 Posts
January 20 2012 12:03 GMT
#999
lol mvp has the easiest group he could wish for out of the 16 and group d is a sick group of death
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
January 20 2012 12:04 GMT
#1000
On January 20 2012 21:01 weiliem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 19:44 dmnum wrote:
On January 20 2012 19:44 Fionn wrote:
MVP got easyman group.

now mvp wont advance
thanks a lot

hahaha..... thats a good troll....


I'm pretty sure MVP has resisted the Fionn curse. (Polt during the super tournament as well)
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 858
ZZZero.O 141
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
Doublelift5387
JimRising 788
Other Games
summit1g8391
FrodaN3366
KnowMe196
C9.Mang0178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur212
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 15m
Replay Cast
23h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.