• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:07
CEST 10:07
KST 17:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10769 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Group Nomination Ro16 - Page 49

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 58 Next
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
January 20 2012 11:20 GMT
#961
MKP now, he must place Genius in his group (Nestea, DRG, MKP, Genius)
- All the players are ex-finalists in group D.
MKP : I'm sad about the teamkill between DRG and Genius.
- What's so tough in protoss nowadays ?
- Terran says protoss is imba, but that's average terrans. For me it's ok. Genius, hopefully we can have a fun match and when you'll be in loser's group *code A*, I hope you'll win. I think NesteavZ is as good as MVPvT. But I want Genius to make it out of the group. But zerg is almost a dead race nowadays. Prime team nowadays is really hyped up, our business is doing fine, we have the most qualifiers *in code A I guess*. In 2012 I want to stop being a Kong and pass that to DRG.
- Genius, any comment ? It's a tough group even tho you're doing well nowadays.
- People keep saying protoss is really good nowadays but I don't see it. I feel the only reason a lot of protoss are here is because they face easy terrans. In the ro16 they'll all drop out.
- But 5 of 7 protoss made it into ro16.
- I guess protoss is good. I sent emails to David Kim but he's ignoring me, perhaps because of this. But I'm not optimistic.
- Expected score vs DRG ?
- 2-0 of course.
DRG : ever since he took his vacation I don't see him as a teammate anymore, so I will crush him.
- Genius, would you introduce your pretty sister to DRG ?
- No.
- And to any of the 16 players present here ?
- MMA.
*john notes : this is assuming he has a pretty sister*
Genius : - it's most likely I'll get knockout first, but I'll practice hard *everyone laugh so I guess john didn't translate something here*
Elurie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
4716 Posts
January 20 2012 11:20 GMT
#962
John already forgot about MKP's sister.
gideel
Profile Joined January 2011
1503 Posts
January 20 2012 11:21 GMT
#963
oh jae......
ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
January 20 2012 11:21 GMT
#964
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
January 20 2012 11:21 GMT
#965
lol random?
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27456 Posts
January 20 2012 11:22 GMT
#966
On January 20 2012 20:11 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 19:59 andaylin wrote:
On January 20 2012 19:56 HolyArrow wrote:
On January 20 2012 19:53 andaylin wrote:
On January 20 2012 19:52 HolyArrow wrote:
On January 20 2012 19:51 R!! wrote:
Thank god Puzzle has no chance in this group, I have no idea what he's doing in code S.


Pure ignorance.

Did you see his games yesterday?


Yep, what's your point? Look at his TLPD. He's one of the few Korean players who is above average (around 60%) in each matchup with no weaknesses. His games were a bit sloppy, but he got it done against Keen and NaDa nonetheless. They weren't total trainwrecks like Gumiho vs. Yugioh by any means. His wins were characterized by good crisis management, macro, and mindgames, with his biggest failure being a couple of bad decisions. Nothing indicated that he's so bad that he's completely out of place in Code S like R!! stated.

You know TLPD is a bad place for stats when DRG's lowest win rate is ZvT. Yes, he managed to make it through the group with a couple 6 gates and when he did play a macro game, it was extremely sloppy, to say the least. His group comprises very good macro players so his chances are slim.


The first 7gate was a mindgame on his part due to Protoss's tendency to play long macro games on Daybreak. The 6gate against NaDa was a kill move due to him being ahead enough from holding his Nexus first. Neither of those were Puzzle randomly going 6/7gate due to it being all he's capable of, which is what you seem to be implying. They were calculated, smart moves. I find it cute how you also try to completely discount stats on TLPD based off of a single example from DRG (which isn't even a very good example - DRG stated that he feels weakest vT, and if DRG is losing to T enough that his winrate is only about 62%, then his vT simply isn't as good as you think it is. Furthermore, you're conveniently ignoring the fact that his vT is still above 60%, which would be a pretty damn good record for most players. You also conveniently ignore how DRG's vT is only his weakest MU because his vP and vZ have such great records. It's not like his vT is < 50% or something).

Haters going to hate. The foreigners were crucified when they lost as validation that they apparently cannot compete at this 'Code S level', players who make it to the ro16 are criticised and still called out as being 'not Code S level' I love Nada as much as the next guy but opening 2rax vs Nexus first and then doing precisely nothing that could cause damage to the opening was part of the reason he lost to Puzzle. Why is it that Protoss are apparently not allowed to do the timing attacks that characterise their race, but other races get leeway in this regard? At least be consistent. That said I hated 1/1/1 allins back in the day, but there are responses to both and Starcraft should be about adaptability, not just executing your pre-conceived gameplan.

I was under the impression looking at his stream back in the day, and just from general opinion that Puzzle had among the best mechanics of any Protoss, but his decision-making could let him down.

A final query, why do Terrans seem to play blind so often, sometimes not even scanning beyond once or twice? Bomber was the biggest offender in this sense, he pretty much didn't scout vs Inca and lost the battle of the mindgames.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
January 20 2012 11:22 GMT
#967
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


Jjakji would have to beat MC to make it out without facing Ganzi. It could go either way, but Jjakji is in no way safe in that group.
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
January 20 2012 11:22 GMT
#968
On January 20 2012 20:21 andaylin wrote:
lol random?


It was the ro32 replays for the players that didn't get to pick, guess they didn't want to make four highlight reels and not use them
@followMVT
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
January 20 2012 11:22 GMT
#969
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
January 20 2012 11:22 GMT
#970
"If you had a pretty sister..." , I would have laughed if it turned out some of them did have a sister, how would have that sounded.

MKP, not sure about his chances actually. Sick group, and kinda sad.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Goibon
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand8185 Posts
January 20 2012 11:23 GMT
#971
BYE JOHN!

GL with Genius' sister.
Leenock =^_^= Ryung =^_^= Parting =^_^= herO =^_^= Guilty
Hondelul
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
1999 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 11:23:56
January 20 2012 11:23 GMT
#972
[image loading]

damn, it´s in korean... didn´t look close enough
ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
January 20 2012 11:23 GMT
#973
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.


Ganzi can beat all those players. He already 2-0'ed Jjakji last week.
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
January 20 2012 11:24 GMT
#974
On January 20 2012 20:22 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


Jjakji would have to beat MC to make it out without facing Ganzi. It could go either way, but Jjakji is in no way safe in that group.


Nope, I can quite easily see Ganzi losing to MC and then Parting and finishing fourth in his group with Jjakji beating Parting to take second.
@followMVT
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
January 20 2012 11:24 GMT
#975
Group D so sick, would have loved to see that as a RO4 lol
gideel
Profile Joined January 2011
1503 Posts
January 20 2012 11:24 GMT
#976
John the troll has done a great job this time around compared to past group nominations.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
January 20 2012 11:25 GMT
#977
On January 20 2012 20:23 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.


Ganzi can beat all those players. He already 2-0'ed Jjakji last week.


We're going to have to disagree here. MC has the best PvT in the world, and Ganzi has <50% winrate in the matchup. Parting is also really good at PvT.

I don't see Ganzi doing particularly well at all, even if he can beat Jjakji.
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
January 20 2012 11:25 GMT
#978
On January 20 2012 20:22 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 20:21 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:19 mvtaylor wrote:
On January 20 2012 20:14 SeaSwift wrote:
It's funny, but there's not really a proper group of death. The closest to it is MKP/DRG/Nestea/Genius, but I don't see Genius as worthy of a proper group of death.

The new GSL group nominations seem to be working quite well so far.


I'd say Groups A and C are rather easy to call, if GuMiho, Curious, Ganzi or Parting make it out over MVP, aLive, MC or Jjakji I'd be surprised... (assuming Jjakji avoids a TvT against Ganzi)

On the other hand I think Groups B and D are stacked


I wouldn't be surprised if Ganzi made it to Ro8. I don't see him going any further though.


To get to Ro8 he would have to beat 2 of MC, Jjakji and Parting.

MC is MC. Jjakji is a beast. Parting's best matchup is PvT, by far.

Ganzi would have to pull a miracle to make it to Ro8.


Ganzi demolished Jjakji in the ro32 and would do it again. Ganzi is a TvT monster. I dont think Ganzi will beat MC, but I really dont know wnough about Parting to have a clue there. So for me, if Ganzi beats Parting then he makes it out.
Sanchonator
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia490 Posts
January 20 2012 11:25 GMT
#979
group a seems the easiest.. at least based on "current form"
Mellon
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden917 Posts
January 20 2012 11:25 GMT
#980
Really hope Genius plays as great in ro16 as he did in ro32! So hard to decide which players i want to advance
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
Hyuk 307
Shinee 107
Hyun 81
Killer 65
Snow 57
Hm[arnc] 46
ggaemo 30
Bale 29
sorry 25
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 24
JYJ 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm169
League of Legends
JimRising 640
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft481
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick639
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Lourlo1509
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 53m
INu's Battles
3h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 53m
Replay Cast
14h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.