• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:12
CEST 02:12
KST 09:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9755 users

[GSL] Aug Code S Finals/Allstars matches - Page 343

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 341 342 343 344 345 346 Next
Alright guys,

Let's have a good time tonight!!

Remember to leave all player/caster bashing, imbalance discussion, arguing, flaming, trolling, memes, etc. at the door.

Enjoy the finals!
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
September 10 2011 18:11 GMT
#6841
On September 11 2011 02:05 ThatGuy89 wrote:
some surprising results there

FD, MC and nestea all losing?

as much as i love HuK, how did he win? can someone explain the game please?


MC offraced as zerg and as far as huk vs nestea, huk FE'd but went blink stalker AND dts.. nestea expanded to gold (third), but couldnt get spore crawlers up fast enough, by time they were up, huk still had 3 or 4 dts left plus a bunch of stalkers.

he said it was because he wanted a fun game, but huk took it too seriously.. lol.. I thought it was a sweet build by huk.

ggs though.

~ The Ultimate Weapon
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
September 10 2011 18:28 GMT
#6842
Dunno if I'm gonna get around to watching the finals, but I don't even care. Just watched all the all star vods other than MC and Losira and OH MY GOD such amazingly fun games. Boxer vs July really delivering, and

all our forieger hopes + Show Spoiler +
coming to fruition in some excelent games there. And MKP pulling out some bizarre miracle and beating MMA off race.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
September 10 2011 18:33 GMT
#6843
Congrats to MVP! The rest of the games seemed so lackluster after the greatness of game 1 though
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
September 10 2011 18:33 GMT
#6844
On September 11 2011 03:11 cca1ss1e wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 02:05 ThatGuy89 wrote:
some surprising results there

FD, MC and nestea all losing?

as much as i love HuK, how did he win? can someone explain the game please?


MC offraced as zerg and as far as huk vs nestea, huk FE'd but went blink stalker AND dts.. nestea expanded to gold (third), but couldnt get spore crawlers up fast enough, by time they were up, huk still had 3 or 4 dts left plus a bunch of stalkers.

he said it was because he wanted a fun game, but huk took it too seriously.. lol.. I thought it was a sweet build by huk.

ggs though.


wrong. He cancelled the initial 3 spores he made when he scouted HuK doing a big push. Usually when a P does that, they either do DT or Blink (with a 5-6 gate push), not both, so he cancelled them for the money+drones back to build more units, and not have static structures...which was being a bit too greedy... So then he died.
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
AdahnSC
Profile Joined March 2010
United States376 Posts
September 10 2011 18:42 GMT
#6845
oh my god. just watched game 1 of mvp vs top. ridiculous.
SharkHuh
Profile Joined June 2011
United States129 Posts
September 10 2011 18:43 GMT
#6846
I watched game 1 cause of all the hype in this thread...oh geeez. Greatest late game meta-ness I've ever seen in a TvT. PDD's, Nukes, and Seeker Missles OH MY!
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
September 10 2011 18:51 GMT
#6847
Best player in the world won. Can't believe the road he took this season to get to this trophy. Amazing. Undisputed numero uno baby.
The Notorious Winkles
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
September 10 2011 18:55 GMT
#6848
The series was 4-1 but honestly it was often very tense. Top played a lot better than I would have thought but MVP's play was in-fucking-credible. When he split his Thors (?!?!?) to break the tank line I was just floored. And the flanking with the bio and the amazing drops all over the map were wow inducing. But the pimpest play was the 4 thor drop + 3 nuke on Top's main base in Game 1.
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 19:13:56
September 10 2011 19:13 GMT
#6849
MVP is fucking frightening omgz :DD I think the only player who can take him out is Nestea, but as we saw that's even unlikely.

And there's almost no chance he'll even have to play a protoss...
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
September 10 2011 19:15 GMT
#6850
On September 11 2011 03:33 Brotatolol wrote:
Congrats to MVP! The rest of the games seemed so lackluster after the greatness of game 1 though

That is good to know. I went to bed after the 2nd game because I was super tired, and it just did not seem as intense. Hahah.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
September 10 2011 19:15 GMT
#6851
On September 11 2011 04:13 sjschmidt93 wrote:
MVP is fucking frightening omgz :DD I think the only player who can take him out is Nestea, but as we saw that's even unlikely.

And there's almost no chance he'll even have to play a protoss...


Actually from what we've seen so far bomber seems to be the most likely to take games/series off mvp. Mvp eats nestea for breakfast
The Notorious Winkles
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
September 10 2011 19:25 GMT
#6852
On September 11 2011 00:22 CKHound wrote:
Love everyone saying the koreans arent taking it seriously. well if they arent then that proves that they are afraid. Imo why would you not wanna beat what i consider the best player in the world in HuK? because nestea gets gsl throught eh easiest opponents known to man. Koreans arent that good. Easy peazy


Yes, July lost his 50-60 supply lead by dancing his zerglings and constantly throwing his units away because he was "afraid" of Boxer. MC was so deathly afraid to losing to Losira that he played Zerg except that he was caught off guard by Losira who was thinking exactly the same thing. MKP gambled his life to beat MMA today, and hence he played protoss. Those players joking around the whole game on chat was actually a new special tactics to throw off your opponents and take the win, because that's the only thing that matters in showmatches.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 19:27:59
September 10 2011 19:27 GMT
#6853
^ You should know by now how desperate foreigner fanboys are. They'll take any excuse they can to write off koreans and say that "foregners are just as good".

Anyone who thinks those games were serious are retaardly naive.
The Notorious Winkles
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
September 10 2011 19:55 GMT
#6854
i hope nestea picking HuK up in his code S group next season >
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
September 10 2011 20:00 GMT
#6855
wow MVP. fucking lost a game... 4-0 not 4-1 you scrub!

jk gj Magikaaarp
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
cheesemaster
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1975 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 20:40:50
September 10 2011 20:39 GMT
#6856
On September 11 2011 02:38 anrimayu wrote:
.

+ Show Spoiler +
Here's a quick interview translation with MVP. Speed over accuracy.

How do you feel?

I was very nervous since this is my first final in four seasons. There were lot of pressure, but I'm very happy that I won. With this title, I feel like I'll do even better next season.

You're the first Terran to have 3 titles

Being first Terran to have 3 titles is the most meaningful. Nestea became the first 3 time Zerg Champion, so I felt I would be the one doing it for Terran. I'm glad Terran isn't behind Zerg.

When did you feel like you won? When was the hardest?

I thought I'd win when I blocked Top's offensive play during set 3. I had the most trouble when I chose to go bio for set 5. I have high winning rate when I mech against bio, so I was worried bio is weak on mech.

Why did you go bio on set 5?

It was a metagame. Also, I thought that Top was preparing for my mech play. That's why I chose bio to catch him offguard.

How do you rate Top's play?

I felt as if Top was nervous and couldn't use his style fully. His play didn't seem confident as this was his first final. I think he'll do much better next time.

who was your hardest opponent?
I didn't have much time to practice. I was nervous due to lack of practice. Nestea was the hardest opponent. There was lot of pressure, and there's always lot on the line against him.

What would you say about a final against Polt?

I can't say for sure since Polt's style is very different from Top. Still, I think Polt's style is easy for me. I'm a defensive player, so I would've won either way.

Who do you think will be the biggest challenge next season?

Nestea

Who are you planning to pick for the group stage?

I didn't check who's in the top 32. I'll pick someone that I have high chance of beating with entertaining games.

20 Terrans. What do you think?

I want to choose Terran since there's too many. I hope as many Terrans fall out of top 32 as possible.

How's your wrist? Did it affect your games?

It was tough setting up set 1 due to the pain. It only hurt during the practice before, but it hurt during the tournament this time. I was able to get used to it during the first game. I think wrist pain might be serious. Still, I don't worry too much since it always hurts.

Any regret for not participating in the GSL Allstars?

It seemed pretty fun. I would've prepared for it if it wasn't for the finals. Code S finals take priority, so I had to give it up.

Any last words?

I want to thank Happy, Dreamer, Yoda, Fenix, Clide, Alive, and Ryung. I'm thankful to the sponsors Coca Cola and Googims, as well as the coach. I hope for the good results in the future.
Lastly, our team does not have a main sponsor yet. I hope we get one with my win. Please contact us if you want to sponsor IM.

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=770118&category=13439

MVP's wrist pain is gonna bite him in the ass one day

Shit im still doesnt have a main sponsor yet eh? That sucks probably coke only provides them with drinks or something because i dont see coke logo even on their jersey so the only advertising they get is from the players drinking their drinks. And also didnt they have to take the labels off of their drinks this season because the GSL is sponsored by pepsi? If so i cant really see coke wanting to even sponsor IM much longer, but if its just to provide them with drinks anyways i guess it wouldnt matter much.

And googims is a clothing company and it sounds like they may only provide them with clothing for the sponsorship. All in all it sounds like they might not even have a sponsor giving them any real money. T_T
Slayers_MMA The terran who beats terrans
Lavalamp799
Profile Joined March 2011
United States554 Posts
September 10 2011 20:57 GMT
#6857
On September 10 2011 17:14 Lavalamp799 wrote:
Time to take an hour nap! Better wake up :x


Of course, I didn't wake up until 7 hours later.. Damn, why don't annoying beep sounds awake me?! Oh well, just watched the first game of the series, as the other 4 games were apparently not too worthy to watch. Cheers for an epic 7 game series next season!
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
September 10 2011 21:03 GMT
#6858
On September 11 2011 05:57 Lavalamp799 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 17:14 Lavalamp799 wrote:
Time to take an hour nap! Better wake up :x


Of course, I didn't wake up until 7 hours later.. Damn, why don't annoying beep sounds awake me?! Oh well, just watched the first game of the series, as the other 4 games were apparently not too worthy to watch. Cheers for an epic 7 game series next season!

Aside from game 2, all the games were still good and definitely worth watching. Very high level play.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
September 10 2011 21:08 GMT
#6859
Yay Huk!

-.- 4:1 There goes the close GSL final we all didn't really expect to happen. Meh, not too bad, but never intense. I never was like, MVP is going to lose this series
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 21:17:53
September 10 2011 21:17 GMT
#6860
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 11 2011 02:38 anrimayu wrote:
Here's a quick interview translation with MVP. Speed over accuracy.

How do you feel?

I was very nervous since this is my first final in four seasons. There were lot of pressure, but I'm very happy that I won. With this title, I feel like I'll do even better next season.

You're the first Terran to have 3 titles

Being first Terran to have 3 titles is the most meaningful. Nestea became the first 3 time Zerg Champion, so I felt I would be the one doing it for Terran. I'm glad Terran isn't behind Zerg.

When did you feel like you won? When was the hardest?

I thought I'd win when I blocked Top's offensive play during set 3. I had the most trouble when I chose to go bio for set 5. I have high winning rate when I mech against bio, so I was worried bio is weak on mech.

Why did you go bio on set 5?

It was a metagame. Also, I thought that Top was preparing for my mech play. That's why I chose bio to catch him offguard.

How do you rate Top's play?

I felt as if Top was nervous and couldn't use his style fully. His play didn't seem confident as this was his first final. I think he'll do much better next time.

who was your hardest opponent?
I didn't have much time to practice. I was nervous due to lack of practice. Nestea was the hardest opponent. There was lot of pressure, and there's always lot on the line against him.

What would you say about a final against Polt?

I can't say for sure since Polt's style is very different from Top. Still, I think Polt's style is easy for me. I'm a defensive player, so I would've won either way.

Who do you think will be the biggest challenge next season?

Nestea

Who are you planning to pick for the group stage?

I didn't check who's in the top 32. I'll pick someone that I have high chance of beating with entertaining games.

20 Terrans. What do you think?

I want to choose Terran since there's too many. I hope as many Terrans fall out of top 32 as possible.

How's your wrist? Did it affect your games?

It was tough setting up set 1 due to the pain. It only hurt during the practice before, but it hurt during the tournament this time. I was able to get used to it during the first game. I think wrist pain might be serious. Still, I don't worry too much since it always hurts.

Any regret for not participating in the GSL Allstars?

It seemed pretty fun. I would've prepared for it if it wasn't for the finals. Code S finals take priority, so I had to give it up.

Any last words?

I want to thank Happy, Dreamer, Yoda, Fenix, Clide, Alive, and Ryung. I'm thankful to the sponsors Coca Cola and Googims, as well as the coach. I hope for the good results in the future.
Lastly, our team does not have a main sponsor yet. I hope we get one with my win. Please contact us if you want to sponsor IM.

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=770118&category=13439

MVP's wrist pain is gonna bite him in the ass one day.


Amazing how good MVP is, considering his physical condition
Prev 1 341 342 343 344 345 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 128
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1565
GuemChi 1164
Artosis 654
910 33
MaD[AoV]18
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever115
League of Legends
JimRising 701
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox619
Other Games
summit1g8642
Day[9].tv621
shahzam482
C9.Mang0317
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Shiphtur669
• Day9tv621
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 48m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.