• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6693 users

[NASL] Day 3-1 - Page 90

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 98 Next
BlueFlames
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1756 Posts
April 28 2011 19:02 GMT
#1781
I am so sad for Artosis. Well maybe if he stops sleeping so much and having a social life, he could be casting and playing at a pro level at the same time. He has a gf doesnt he? Even fulltime pros cant handle that :-p
I think he deserved to be invited into the first north american league for all the things he did so far, but he wont stay in it. Well maybe if he starts proxy 2 gating and cannonrushing every game :-)
Ohdamn
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany765 Posts
April 28 2011 19:02 GMT
#1782
btw you guys realize that artosis just started playing again like 1 month before nasl?
before that he just played casually (=almost not at all)
and before that he played zerg

calm down he is a great great player that needs experience...
"If you can chill....chill!"
Piou
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium415 Posts
April 28 2011 19:03 GMT
#1783
[image loading]

I feel like it's looking at me !!! :s
http://www.youtube.com/PiouStarcraft - http://www.facebook.com/pioustarcraft
Rebel_lion
Profile Joined January 2009
United States271 Posts
April 28 2011 19:03 GMT
#1784
what is it Denmark?

I lived in Darmstadt and believe that stereotype to be applicable there as well. People, not countries are generally stupid.
Something witty here....
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:06:02
April 28 2011 19:03 GMT
#1785
On April 29 2011 03:48 dunc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!


Yeah, his APM is HORRIBLE and his decisionmaking is really bad. It's sad to see because he has so much game knowledge, he'd be one of the best coaches easily. He should just not try to play because he can't put it in motion himself anymore, not like he used to in Brood War.

Maybe with a lot more practice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say he still has a life outside of doing stuff for the Starcraft community. People in their twenties generally tend to have that.

Edit: god, inControl and that asian guy (whose name I don't know) are horrible commentators.
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
April 28 2011 19:05 GMT
#1786
If u can mirror Sheth 75%, u'll be in grandmaster
damorphy
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands78 Posts
April 28 2011 19:07 GMT
#1787
Stream didn't hickup once so far, casting has certainly improved, overall a nice experience. Now we need some closer matches and we're all set .
Oh it's ON !
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
April 28 2011 19:08 GMT
#1788
On April 29 2011 04:07 damorphy wrote:
Stream didn't hickup once so far, casting has certainly improved, overall a nice experience. Now we need some closer matches and we're all set .

Yep, agreed.
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
April 28 2011 19:12 GMT
#1789
gretorp growing personality, incontrol still cracking me up, i love it
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
BlueFlames
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1756 Posts
April 28 2011 19:13 GMT
#1790
On April 29 2011 03:57 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!

He doesn't play at a diamond level. People are often shocked at how bad commentators are. I'm not sure why it's surprising. I'm confident Day9 is terrible (as in not top tier) at SC2 as well. I'm also brutal. It's tough to be amazing at the game when you don't have 6-8 hours a day to put into it.


Yeah you are right. Most of them dont have the time to do it. And most ppl wouldnt disagree with you. Well and i guess as someone with power you wont be torn apart by the hordes of Day9 fanboys/fangirls, so i am glad this comment came from you :-)
sudzy
Profile Joined October 2010
United States58 Posts
April 28 2011 19:13 GMT
#1791
On April 29 2011 03:55 darkwon wrote:
confirming american stereotypes once again :/

This kind of post rubs me the wrong way.
I have been in all over the world, and one thing has proven abundantly clear:
There are idiots everywhere.
I will be the first to say the American educational system is severely lacking, but I know too many people from Germany, Italy, France, UK, Denmark, and elsewhere to be anything but proud of the intelligence of the average American.
Old, slow, and bald...
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
April 28 2011 19:15 GMT
#1792
On April 29 2011 04:03 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 03:48 dunc wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!


Yeah, his APM is HORRIBLE and his decisionmaking is really bad. It's sad to see because he has so much game knowledge, he'd be one of the best coaches easily. He should just not try to play because he can't put it in motion himself anymore, not like he used to in Brood War.

Maybe with a lot more practice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say he still has a life outside of doing stuff for the Starcraft community. People in their twenties generally tend to have that.

Edit: god, inControl and that asian guy (whose name I don't know) are horrible commentators.


Doesn't change that there were tons of more qualified people for this NASL than Artosis though. If you apply to something like this you should put in commitment, not make a joke out of the league and yourself. It's disrespectful.
AimForTheBushes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1760 Posts
April 28 2011 19:17 GMT
#1793
On April 29 2011 04:02 BlueFlames wrote:
I am so sad for Artosis. Well maybe if he stops sleeping so much and having a social life, he could be casting and playing at a pro level at the same time. He has a gf doesnt he? Even fulltime pros cant handle that :-p
I think he deserved to be invited into the first north american league for all the things he did so far, but he wont stay in it. Well maybe if he starts proxy 2 gating and cannonrushing every game :-)


iNc does fine w/a job casting and a gf.. I think what hurt Artosis more than anything was the race switch. I'd love to see how he does if he'd go back to zerg..though he may already be too far gone from playing zerg to catch back up to where he was before he switched..

I enjoy his games. It sucks to see him get stomped, but it's nice to root for the underdog. I look forward to his games more than most of the other matchups that are probably going to be more competitive. He'll sneak in a win sooner or later and play the spoiler, I'm betting.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
April 28 2011 19:19 GMT
#1794
On April 29 2011 04:03 Piou wrote:
[image loading]

I feel like it's looking at me !!! :s

Can't unsee!!!
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
April 28 2011 19:19 GMT
#1795
On April 29 2011 04:13 sudzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 03:55 darkwon wrote:
confirming american stereotypes once again :/

This kind of post rubs me the wrong way.
I have been in all over the world, and one thing has proven abundantly clear:
There are idiots everywhere.
I will be the first to say the American educational system is severely lacking, but I know too many people from Germany, Italy, France, UK, Denmark, and elsewhere to be anything but proud of the intelligence of the average American.

Even though this is an LR, I have to agree with this, I think people don't realize that the average populations have limited knowledge particularly in world news/politics/geography. It's easy to name the capital of the United States since the US is perhaps the most discussed country in the world, but I for instance have never met a European who knew the capital of Canada off hand - that doesn't make them 'stupid', why would knowing that have any relevance to them in the first place?
the farm ends here
AimForTheBushes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1760 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:24:59
April 28 2011 19:21 GMT
#1796
On April 29 2011 04:15 dunc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:03 maartendq wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:48 dunc wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!


Yeah, his APM is HORRIBLE and his decisionmaking is really bad. It's sad to see because he has so much game knowledge, he'd be one of the best coaches easily. He should just not try to play because he can't put it in motion himself anymore, not like he used to in Brood War.

Maybe with a lot more practice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say he still has a life outside of doing stuff for the Starcraft community. People in their twenties generally tend to have that.

Edit: god, inControl and that asian guy (whose name I don't know) are horrible commentators.


Doesn't change that there were tons of more qualified people for this NASL than Artosis though. If you apply to something like this you should put in commitment, not make a joke out of the league and yourself. It's disrespectful.


In golf, all past Masters champions are allowed to come back and play (for so many years) in the Masters, regardless of current skill level, and the crowd loves to watch people like Nicklaus and Palmer come out and hit around, knowing that they aren't going to win. There's nothing wrong or disrespectful about letting Artosis play. More than anything, it's the NASL's league, and they can invite who they want - you don't have to watch or enjoy his games when they're on..but at least let the majority of us who do, enjoy them without having to respond to senseless hating.

edit: What's truly disrespectful to the league/viewers are the players that couldn't keep the commitment to show up for games for reasons well within their power, when there were tons of players who would be scheduling their lives around their games if they were in the league..
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:27:16
April 28 2011 19:23 GMT
#1797
On April 29 2011 04:21 AimForTheBushes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:15 dunc wrote:
On April 29 2011 04:03 maartendq wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:48 dunc wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!


Yeah, his APM is HORRIBLE and his decisionmaking is really bad. It's sad to see because he has so much game knowledge, he'd be one of the best coaches easily. He should just not try to play because he can't put it in motion himself anymore, not like he used to in Brood War.

Maybe with a lot more practice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say he still has a life outside of doing stuff for the Starcraft community. People in their twenties generally tend to have that.

Edit: god, inControl and that asian guy (whose name I don't know) are horrible commentators.


Doesn't change that there were tons of more qualified people for this NASL than Artosis though. If you apply to something like this you should put in commitment, not make a joke out of the league and yourself. It's disrespectful.


In golf, all past Masters champions are allowed to come back and play (for so many years) in the Masters, regardless of current skill level, and the crowd loves to watch people like Nicklaus and Palmer come out and hit around, knowing that they aren't going to win. There's nothing wrong or disrespectful about letting Artosis play. More than anything, it's the NASL's league, and they can invite who they want - you don't have to watch or enjoy his games when they're on..but at least let the majority of us who do, enjoy them without having to respond to senseless hating.


It's not senseless. They wanted the best players, Artosis is not one of them.

I'm not blindly hating, I like Artosis as a person and caster. I just don't think he deserves to be in the NASL over many other people.

Anyway I won't say anything else, I don't mean to come off as a hater on him or anything but I don't enjoy someone being in a league just because of who he is. Especially when I can name around 30 applicants out of my head that would've been more entertaining to watch.
sAfuRos
Profile Joined March 2009
United States743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:33:22
April 28 2011 19:25 GMT
#1798
On April 29 2011 04:02 Ohdamn wrote:
btw you guys realize that artosis just started playing again like 1 month before nasl?
before that he just played casually (=almost not at all)
and before that he played zerg

calm down he is a great great player that needs experience...


There are around 1000 players who can be reasonably called better than Artosis on the NA ladder alone based on w/r or points or a combination, and many of them do not play that frequently.

Artosis has played 240 games this season and is rank 900 in the North American masters ladder (so not even top 1000 factoring in Grandmaster, and probably somewhere like 3000 in the world) with a very uncommon sub-50% w/r, and so i'd hardly call that inactive or talent in recovery...thats more play than a ton of players, not to mention he customs a lot.

I can't understand how a player who was A- in Brood War can be so...mediocre at SC2, but its clear to me that for some reason him and SC2 do not click together.


Regardless of whether of not he has talent in SC2 (which i would lean towards saying he does not), this is about him being in the NASL...why the fuck is he in the NASL with his current state is my question. Also the fact that he BM's/makes excuses so often when he loses is hilarious
sAfuRos // twitch.tv/sAfuRos // contact for coaching
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
April 28 2011 19:28 GMT
#1799
Sheth man....why not go and attack his army you had the unit composition you needed why go for his 5th and get into a terrible position where you lost your army....
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Ohdamn
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany765 Posts
April 28 2011 19:32 GMT
#1800
what a drawn out match...
grubby lost that like 30mins ago

but still...gg
"If you can chill....chill!"
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 98 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ViBE125
ProTech123
Nathanias 89
RuFF_SC2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 692
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever487
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1000
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7272
WinterStarcraft525
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0417
Trikslyr63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur379
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 50m
INu's Battles
9h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 50m
OSC
21h 5m
Replay Cast
21h 50m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.