• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7886 users

[NASL] Day 3-1 - Page 92

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 98 Next
AimForTheBushes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1760 Posts
April 28 2011 19:40 GMT
#1821
On April 29 2011 04:34 KiNGxXx wrote:
Sheth sounds like a really nice person.


Not to shamelessly plug, but the stream that he runs almost every day would go far in confirming this (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=182514). He's always in a pleasant mood, and does his best to answer most questions in the chat. It's a really pleasant time, for the most part, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Go Sheth!

(And what is up with these Mormon.org ads?? Since when do religions need to advertise?)
M1cha84
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany64 Posts
April 28 2011 19:40 GMT
#1822
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 29 2011 03:57 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!

He doesn't play at a diamond level. People are often shocked at how bad commentators are. I'm not sure why it's surprising. I'm confident Day9 is terrible (as in not top tier) at SC2 as well. I'm also brutal. It's tough to be amazing at the game when you don't have 6-8 hours a day to put into it.



Yeah exactly, I never saw Day9 play Sc2 competitive and Artosis is the first caster I see playing against Pros. As I said, I didn't want to offend him in any way, I like him very much, I just think he is miles right now from playing competitive Sc2.
Btw: When I remember correct, Artosis is low Master on North American server, so for us Europeans, that means Diamond ;-P
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
April 28 2011 19:40 GMT
#1823
On April 29 2011 04:39 MBH wrote:
Wooooooootttt haha....

What must a person do to receive Seth BM haha....


Stream cheating and trying to snipe him all the time.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
April 28 2011 19:40 GMT
#1824
On April 29 2011 04:15 dunc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:03 maartendq wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:48 dunc wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:45 M1cha84 wrote:
I watched Artosis stream last night, and watching him now, I have to say, he plays really bad! I don't want to offend him, but he plays like a dia player! As much as I like him as a caster, as a player he doesn't play at a top level!


Yeah, his APM is HORRIBLE and his decisionmaking is really bad. It's sad to see because he has so much game knowledge, he'd be one of the best coaches easily. He should just not try to play because he can't put it in motion himself anymore, not like he used to in Brood War.

Maybe with a lot more practice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say he still has a life outside of doing stuff for the Starcraft community. People in their twenties generally tend to have that.

Edit: god, inControl and that asian guy (whose name I don't know) are horrible commentators.


Doesn't change that there were tons of more qualified people for this NASL than Artosis though. If you apply to something like this you should put in commitment, not make a joke out of the league and yourself. It's disrespectful.


If someone is being disrespectful here, that is you. The guy is a great personality and has been helping and promoting the esports scene since god knows when. He just wanted to try his chance, play against the big names, have fun maybe? Or perhaps he just thought he had a chance, whether from an objective point of view he wouldn't or not doesn't matter, what matters is that he just wanted to participate in the NASL. And if he is accepted and trying to do his best, it's nobody's business to call him being disrespectful just because he didn't play like a supergosu and defeated everyone and won the whole thing against the best players in the world.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
April 28 2011 19:41 GMT
#1825
Time for T-L-O! :D
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
Soliduok
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada222 Posts
April 28 2011 19:41 GMT
#1826
LOL Sheth your the man! Great games vs Grubby and loving the stream.
sAfuRos
Profile Joined March 2009
United States743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:44:37
April 28 2011 19:43 GMT
#1827
On April 29 2011 04:33 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:25 sAfuRos wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 29 2011 04:02 Ohdamn wrote:
btw you guys realize that artosis just started playing again like 1 month before nasl?
before that he just played casually (=almost not at all)
and before that he played zerg

calm down he is a great great player that needs experience...


There are around 100 players who i would reasonably call better than Artosis on the NA ladder alone based on w/r or points or a combination, and many of them do not play that frequently.
Artosis has played 240 games this season and is rank 900 in the North American MASTERS ladder (so not even top 1000 factoring in Grandmaster) with a very uncommon sub-50% w/r, and so i'd hardly call that inactive or talent in recovery...thats more play than a ton of players, not to mention he customs a lot.

I can't understand how a player who was A- in Brood War can be so...mediocre at SC2, but its clear to me that for some reason him and SC2 do not click together.


Regardless of whether of not he has talent in SC2 (which i would lean towards saying he does not), this is about him being in the NASL...why the fuck is he in the NASL with his current state is my question.


Nearly everyone who is up there has played a lot more than Artosis in ladder season one even if they haven't played as much since the ladder reset. Also Artosis has just switched to protoss after a significant time of inactivity. He doesn't have the knowledge/experience and his mechanics are behind because of that. He will come around eventually and show some devent games.

He's never been nor will he ever be one of the best tho.


He has been practicing pretty hard for a month. I think thats more than enough time, to, you know, be able to win over 50% at middle masters especially if you are supposed to a pro, break or no break.
And i don't even buy the whole break = losing that much skill argument. I know a bunch of SC2 players who have taken long breaks and came back and got up to where they were relative to everyone else very quickly. Hell, i took a 2 month break in the winter and got into stride after like 3 days and got up to the top 200-300 north america range very quickly as i was previously


@those who say NASL isn't all about good play...i understand your argument, but i don't really think that it is a good attitude for e-sports (from my view). I don't want to see shit play from notable players just because they are notable. I would rather see new players break into the scene or up and coming players getting their chance, or just good players getting a slot. There are so many better players than Artosis that could have played in NASL or pros who didn't get a slot. I personally would be more interested in seeing a no-name participate and see what he can bring to the table (like Cruncher style, who has generated a lot of notability) rather than one of so many notable personalities. I really don't think Artosis was even close to being the reason the NASL has so many viewers, with so many greats like IdrA and what not.

But whatever. I'm just raging that he gets to play in big leagues when people like me don't.


Edit: And in case anyone says it...i'm not saying Artosis is at fault here or that he is disrespectful like the other poster...i blame the NASL for taking him. Of course he was in the clear to apply and take a spot...i just don't agree with the acceptance.
sAfuRos // twitch.tv/sAfuRos // contact for coaching
Niruz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden169 Posts
April 28 2011 19:43 GMT
#1828
How did I miss all the matches again, god damn I need to get used to american times, also how well did artosis do? I wanted to watch that for some good hearted fun
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 28 2011 19:45 GMT
#1829
On April 29 2011 04:19 PartyBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:13 sudzy wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:55 darkwon wrote:
confirming american stereotypes once again :/

This kind of post rubs me the wrong way.
I have been in all over the world, and one thing has proven abundantly clear:
There are idiots everywhere.
I will be the first to say the American educational system is severely lacking, but I know too many people from Germany, Italy, France, UK, Denmark, and elsewhere to be anything but proud of the intelligence of the average American.

Even though this is an LR, I have to agree with this, I think people don't realize that the average populations have limited knowledge particularly in world news/politics/geography. It's easy to name the capital of the United States since the US is perhaps the most discussed country in the world, but I for instance have never met a European who knew the capital of Canada off hand - that doesn't make them 'stupid', why would knowing that have any relevance to them in the first place?

Quebec.

Here, now you've met one european who knows Canada's capital from the top of his head.
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
April 28 2011 19:46 GMT
#1830
On April 29 2011 04:45 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:19 PartyBiscuit wrote:
On April 29 2011 04:13 sudzy wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:55 darkwon wrote:
confirming american stereotypes once again :/

This kind of post rubs me the wrong way.
I have been in all over the world, and one thing has proven abundantly clear:
There are idiots everywhere.
I will be the first to say the American educational system is severely lacking, but I know too many people from Germany, Italy, France, UK, Denmark, and elsewhere to be anything but proud of the intelligence of the average American.

Even though this is an LR, I have to agree with this, I think people don't realize that the average populations have limited knowledge particularly in world news/politics/geography. It's easy to name the capital of the United States since the US is perhaps the most discussed country in the world, but I for instance have never met a European who knew the capital of Canada off hand - that doesn't make them 'stupid', why would knowing that have any relevance to them in the first place?

Quebec.

Here, now you've met one european who knows Canada's capital from the top of his head.


Are you for real? :D
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
AimForTheBushes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1760 Posts
April 28 2011 19:50 GMT
#1831
On April 29 2011 04:45 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:19 PartyBiscuit wrote:
On April 29 2011 04:13 sudzy wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:55 darkwon wrote:
confirming american stereotypes once again :/

This kind of post rubs me the wrong way.
I have been in all over the world, and one thing has proven abundantly clear:
There are idiots everywhere.
I will be the first to say the American educational system is severely lacking, but I know too many people from Germany, Italy, France, UK, Denmark, and elsewhere to be anything but proud of the intelligence of the average American.

Even though this is an LR, I have to agree with this, I think people don't realize that the average populations have limited knowledge particularly in world news/politics/geography. It's easy to name the capital of the United States since the US is perhaps the most discussed country in the world, but I for instance have never met a European who knew the capital of Canada off hand - that doesn't make them 'stupid', why would knowing that have any relevance to them in the first place?

Quebec.

Here, now you've met one european who knows Canada's capital from the top of his head.


lol, try Ottawa. XD
sAfuRos
Profile Joined March 2009
United States743 Posts
April 28 2011 19:52 GMT
#1832
ROFL made my day
sAfuRos // twitch.tv/sAfuRos // contact for coaching
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:55:06
April 28 2011 19:53 GMT
#1833
On April 29 2011 04:46 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:45 maartendq wrote:
On April 29 2011 04:19 PartyBiscuit wrote:
On April 29 2011 04:13 sudzy wrote:
On April 29 2011 03:55 darkwon wrote:
confirming american stereotypes once again :/

This kind of post rubs me the wrong way.
I have been in all over the world, and one thing has proven abundantly clear:
There are idiots everywhere.
I will be the first to say the American educational system is severely lacking, but I know too many people from Germany, Italy, France, UK, Denmark, and elsewhere to be anything but proud of the intelligence of the average American.

Even though this is an LR, I have to agree with this, I think people don't realize that the average populations have limited knowledge particularly in world news/politics/geography. It's easy to name the capital of the United States since the US is perhaps the most discussed country in the world, but I for instance have never met a European who knew the capital of Canada off hand - that doesn't make them 'stupid', why would knowing that have any relevance to them in the first place?

Quebec.

Here, now you've met one european who knows Canada's capital from the top of his head.


Are you for real? :D

Making an ass of myself is kind of a hobby. Confirming stereotypes is as well..

In all, this is pretty emberassing indeed!

OT: what's with the roll-overs in NASL? The level disparity between players is huge...

Incontrol: "everything TLO does is so stupid, but it works!"
Day9: (about TLO back during beta): "I know this shouldn't work.. but it does!"

When will people learn that you should be very afraid when you see TLO do something "stupid?"
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
April 28 2011 19:53 GMT
#1834
tlo <3
yo
Shirohige
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany398 Posts
April 28 2011 19:54 GMT
#1835
lol wtf, incontrol and gretorp being really funny, I like that :D
Suffering is good on the path to carnage
Shirohige
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany398 Posts
April 28 2011 19:56 GMT
#1836
ok, now it's just getting ridicilous. they ruined it now, sad :/
Suffering is good on the path to carnage
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 19:57:08
April 28 2011 19:56 GMT
#1837
ReaverReaverReaverReaverReaver... ahahah
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
April 28 2011 19:57 GMT
#1838
casttroll? or are they tryin to be funny?
yo
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
April 28 2011 19:58 GMT
#1839
I think they are very entertaining today. More of this please :D
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
OnlineHero
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark647 Posts
April 28 2011 19:59 GMT
#1840
Lol supply blocked at 19?
<3
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 98 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 537
RotterdaM112
Rex63
SteadfastSC46
TKL 45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1937
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
KnowMe140
Livibee140
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 50m
The PondCast
22h 50m
INu's Battles
23h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.