• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:56
CEST 05:56
KST 12:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7837 users

Dreamhack Invitational - Page 608

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 606 607 608 609 610 614 Next
kawaiiryuko
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 00:23:12
April 14 2011 00:18 GMT
#12141
On April 14 2011 08:53 sleigh bells wrote:
they should play a game while hiding who is who. people won't know whether to be upset or marvel at the gutsy play by "player 1"


Because we'll never figure out who is who in that Idra vs MC match, right?

MC just tweeted:

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

(which according to google translate is:

Analysis of English and foreign, who showed it to me complaining that I wish White had five panyeonsokgateunbildeureul build I did was build with it, the cheese counter Rani anppopgo zealots start gate is not forward because ... Roll, the game is a sure cheonchilbaekmanwonjjari hangeogo

I'm a professional, but did win the game, and now the delay in the flight path and Waiting heokgwa in Turkey .. ㅜ ㅜ Korea want to go fast

Career interesting fact with me that I've been to Turkey without a visa for a visa made ​​heokeun to about 200,000 won nalrinsem ssaengdon ㅋ ㅋ career also been buying in Sweden today, or was iljincham)

Anyone wanna provide a better translation?

EDIT: to add in most recent tweet)
hugge
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden19 Posts
April 14 2011 00:35 GMT
#12142
Sup community, ive snapped a few pictures from the event itself and also a few shots from the afterparty with all the players, crew and the audience. Sorry for the mediocre image-quality but my camera and i wasnt really feeling it.

Feel free to contact me if you spot yourself anywhere and want the original high-res photo without watermarks, no fee ofc.

Pictures can be found at

https://picasaweb.google.com/113356004451140684512/DreamhackStockholmInvitational#

and if you missed my pictures from the Jinro Meetup at arlanda they can be found at the link below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113356004451140684512/WelcomeHomeJinro#

Enjoy.
arumi
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 00:47:31
April 14 2011 00:40 GMT
#12143
On April 14 2011 09:18 kawaiiryuko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 08:53 sleigh bells wrote:
they should play a game while hiding who is who. people won't know whether to be upset or marvel at the gutsy play by "player 1"


Because we'll never figure out who is who in that Idra vs MC match, right?

MC just tweeted:

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

(which according to google translate is:

Analysis of English and foreign, who showed it to me complaining that I wish White had five panyeonsokgateunbildeureul build I did was build with it, the cheese counter Rani anppopgo zealots start gate is not forward because ... Roll, the game is a sure cheonchilbaekmanwonjjari hangeogo

I'm a professional, but did win the game, and now the delay in the flight path and Waiting heokgwa in Turkey .. ㅜ ㅜ Korea want to go fast

Career interesting fact with me that I've been to Turkey without a visa for a visa made ​​heokeun to about 200,000 won nalrinsem ssaengdon ㅋ ㅋ career also been buying in Sweden today, or was iljincham)

Anyone wanna provide a better translation?

EDIT: to add in most recent tweet)


MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.



koolaid1990
Profile Joined September 2010
831 Posts
April 14 2011 00:41 GMT
#12144
lol... whitera's pvt is good, but he got owned 2-8 against ST_bomber on the same korean server in 2 showmatches LOL, while MC 3-2'ed ST_bomber in another tournament
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
April 14 2011 01:07 GMT
#12145
Anyone else think that host guy was kind of a douchebag? I cringed every time he was on the screen.
All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 14 2011 01:10 GMT
#12146
On April 14 2011 09:40 arumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 09:18 kawaiiryuko wrote:
On April 14 2011 08:53 sleigh bells wrote:
they should play a game while hiding who is who. people won't know whether to be upset or marvel at the gutsy play by "player 1"


Because we'll never figure out who is who in that Idra vs MC match, right?

MC just tweeted:

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

(which according to google translate is:

Analysis of English and foreign, who showed it to me complaining that I wish White had five panyeonsokgateunbildeureul build I did was build with it, the cheese counter Rani anppopgo zealots start gate is not forward because ... Roll, the game is a sure cheonchilbaekmanwonjjari hangeogo

I'm a professional, but did win the game, and now the delay in the flight path and Waiting heokgwa in Turkey .. ㅜ ㅜ Korea want to go fast

Career interesting fact with me that I've been to Turkey without a visa for a visa made ​​heokeun to about 200,000 won nalrinsem ssaengdon ㅋ ㅋ career also been buying in Sweden today, or was iljincham)

Anyone wanna provide a better translation?

EDIT: to add in most recent tweet)


MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.





Thanks for the translation. Nice to see MC pretty much confirm what any logical person has been saying to the naysayers since the final game.
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
April 14 2011 01:20 GMT
#12147
I agree that the VOD times just added to the top of the thread should be spoilered. Also, thanks for the translation of MC's tweet.
kawaiiryuko
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States368 Posts
April 14 2011 01:26 GMT
#12148
On April 14 2011 09:40 arumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 09:18 kawaiiryuko wrote:
On April 14 2011 08:53 sleigh bells wrote:
they should play a game while hiding who is who. people won't know whether to be upset or marvel at the gutsy play by "player 1"


Because we'll never figure out who is who in that Idra vs MC match, right?

MC just tweeted:

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

(which according to google translate is:

Analysis of English and foreign, who showed it to me complaining that I wish White had five panyeonsokgateunbildeureul build I did was build with it, the cheese counter Rani anppopgo zealots start gate is not forward because ... Roll, the game is a sure cheonchilbaekmanwonjjari hangeogo

I'm a professional, but did win the game, and now the delay in the flight path and Waiting heokgwa in Turkey .. ㅜ ㅜ Korea want to go fast

Career interesting fact with me that I've been to Turkey without a visa for a visa made ​​heokeun to about 200,000 won nalrinsem ssaengdon ㅋ ㅋ career also been buying in Sweden today, or was iljincham)

Anyone wanna provide a better translation?

EDIT: to add in most recent tweet)


MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.





Sweet! Thanks so much for the translation!
sleigh bells
Profile Joined April 2011
United States358 Posts
April 14 2011 01:31 GMT
#12149
On April 14 2011 10:07 AndAgain wrote:
Anyone else think that host guy was kind of a douchebag? I cringed every time he was on the screen.

yeah he has the same look as the MLG guy. not gonna complain about it much tho, so what if older total bros are sponsoring e-sports?
Sup son? ¯\__(ツ)__/¯
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
April 14 2011 01:48 GMT
#12150
just finished with the vods....simply amazing by far one of the best if not the best tournament to date. can't really name best so top 2-3 for sure :D can't wait for DH summer
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
April 14 2011 02:12 GMT
#12151
On April 14 2011 09:40 arumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 09:18 kawaiiryuko wrote:
On April 14 2011 08:53 sleigh bells wrote:
they should play a game while hiding who is who. people won't know whether to be upset or marvel at the gutsy play by "player 1"


Because we'll never figure out who is who in that Idra vs MC match, right?

MC just tweeted:

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

(which according to google translate is:

Analysis of English and foreign, who showed it to me complaining that I wish White had five panyeonsokgateunbildeureul build I did was build with it, the cheese counter Rani anppopgo zealots start gate is not forward because ... Roll, the game is a sure cheonchilbaekmanwonjjari hangeogo

I'm a professional, but did win the game, and now the delay in the flight path and Waiting heokgwa in Turkey .. ㅜ ㅜ Korea want to go fast

Career interesting fact with me that I've been to Turkey without a visa for a visa made ​​heokeun to about 200,000 won nalrinsem ssaengdon ㅋ ㅋ career also been buying in Sweden today, or was iljincham)

Anyone wanna provide a better translation?

EDIT: to add in most recent tweet)


MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.




Thanks very much for translation! Good to see MC confirm what many people already speculated.
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
April 14 2011 02:57 GMT
#12152
On April 14 2011 11:12 Stanlot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 09:40 arumi wrote:
On April 14 2011 09:18 kawaiiryuko wrote:
On April 14 2011 08:53 sleigh bells wrote:
they should play a game while hiding who is who. people won't know whether to be upset or marvel at the gutsy play by "player 1"


Because we'll never figure out who is who in that Idra vs MC match, right?

MC just tweeted:

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

(which according to google translate is:

Analysis of English and foreign, who showed it to me complaining that I wish White had five panyeonsokgateunbildeureul build I did was build with it, the cheese counter Rani anppopgo zealots start gate is not forward because ... Roll, the game is a sure cheonchilbaekmanwonjjari hangeogo

I'm a professional, but did win the game, and now the delay in the flight path and Waiting heokgwa in Turkey .. ㅜ ㅜ Korea want to go fast

Career interesting fact with me that I've been to Turkey without a visa for a visa made ​​heokeun to about 200,000 won nalrinsem ssaengdon ㅋ ㅋ career also been buying in Sweden today, or was iljincham)

Anyone wanna provide a better translation?

EDIT: to add in most recent tweet)


MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.




Thanks very much for translation! Good to see MC confirm what many people already speculated.


And I really hate to see MC realizes the undeserved hate he's getting from foreigner fans. I'll again point out the irony that he told the fans at Dreamhack that he wishes Korean fans were as enthusiastic. I guess MC is smart enough to realize there's trolls and haters everywhere.
AzureD
Profile Joined September 2010
United States320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 03:34:29
April 14 2011 03:34 GMT
#12153
MC won that game because WhiteRa did a predictable build.

Would you be complaining if it was Nexus first every game that WhitRa did and he somehow lost doing it? WhiteRa had critical weaknesses in his very build which he showed to MC in 4 games prior. MC exploited the weaknesses of his build.

WhiteRa often makes late Gateways, scouts late, and often skips the first Zealot. Recipe for a proxy.
Although this was compounded by errors in his play that game by not scouting his base and scouting an area he could not be in.

MC doing that play was excellent and had a lot less risk than you may think. He did the build knowing his opponent.
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
April 14 2011 04:11 GMT
#12154
On April 14 2011 03:31 Krehlmar wrote:
I don't care what anyone says.

MC did a bullshit move at the end, he was afraid of fighting White-Ra and resorted to cheese instead of doing a controllable game.
Pure bullshit.


You don't care what anyone says because you're wrong. Stop whining, MC won fair and square. Unless you think punishing the same build 5 consecutive times in a row is 'bullshit,' in which case I don't know what to tell you.
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
April 14 2011 04:45 GMT
#12155
On April 14 2011 13:11 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 03:31 Krehlmar wrote:
I don't care what anyone says.

MC did a bullshit move at the end, he was afraid of fighting White-Ra and resorted to cheese instead of doing a controllable game.
Pure bullshit.


You don't care what anyone says because you're wrong. Stop whining, MC won fair and square. Unless you think punishing the same build 5 consecutive times in a row is 'bullshit,' in which case I don't know what to tell you.

I recognize him doing it to win, what is it people don't get about this: Hardly anyone argues he did it in a controlled and tactical fashion. I still think it's an insult to a fellow progamer that you claim you can beat in a skilled fashion and then just circumvent it.

Had MC had some honor or pride he'd had a real game versus White-Ra not a coin flip. It might've been a controlled and anticipated coinflip but it was still a damned coinflip.

Don't blame him for doing whatever it takes to win, but in doing so he's treading the same path as TSL_Rain: It produces boring games and as a spectator what I want is good and exciting games. Having the last game of an awesome tournaments awesome finals be a 3 minute coinflip is not what I as a spectator want and I honestly doupt anyone does.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
April 14 2011 05:05 GMT
#12156
On April 14 2011 13:45 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 13:11 Ocedic wrote:
On April 14 2011 03:31 Krehlmar wrote:
I don't care what anyone says.

MC did a bullshit move at the end, he was afraid of fighting White-Ra and resorted to cheese instead of doing a controllable game.
Pure bullshit.


You don't care what anyone says because you're wrong. Stop whining, MC won fair and square. Unless you think punishing the same build 5 consecutive times in a row is 'bullshit,' in which case I don't know what to tell you.

I recognize him doing it to win, what is it people don't get about this: Hardly anyone argues he did it in a controlled and tactical fashion. I still think it's an insult to a fellow progamer that you claim you can beat in a skilled fashion and then just circumvent it.

Had MC had some honor or pride he'd had a real game versus White-Ra not a coin flip. It might've been a controlled and anticipated coinflip but it was still a damned coinflip.

Don't blame him for doing whatever it takes to win, but in doing so he's treading the same path as TSL_Rain: It produces boring games and as a spectator what I want is good and exciting games. Having the last game of an awesome tournaments awesome finals be a 3 minute coinflip is not what I as a spectator want and I honestly doupt anyone does.


I think it's an insult to not use the strategy which you think will give you the highest chance of winning- which is obviously what MC believed about his cheese build. Also, great macro games have to come out naturally and not because of some arbitrary principles the players have set for themselves.
All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
April 14 2011 05:08 GMT
#12157
On April 14 2011 13:45 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 13:11 Ocedic wrote:
On April 14 2011 03:31 Krehlmar wrote:
I don't care what anyone says.

MC did a bullshit move at the end, he was afraid of fighting White-Ra and resorted to cheese instead of doing a controllable game.
Pure bullshit.


You don't care what anyone says because you're wrong. Stop whining, MC won fair and square. Unless you think punishing the same build 5 consecutive times in a row is 'bullshit,' in which case I don't know what to tell you.

I recognize him doing it to win, what is it people don't get about this: Hardly anyone argues he did it in a controlled and tactical fashion. I still think it's an insult to a fellow progamer that you claim you can beat in a skilled fashion and then just circumvent it.

Had MC had some honor or pride he'd had a real game versus White-Ra not a coin flip. It might've been a controlled and anticipated coinflip but it was still a damned coinflip.

Don't blame him for doing whatever it takes to win, but in doing so he's treading the same path as TSL_Rain: It produces boring games and as a spectator what I want is good and exciting games. Having the last game of an awesome tournaments awesome finals be a 3 minute coinflip is not what I as a spectator want and I honestly doupt anyone does.

What? That is exactly not what a coinflip is. Anyone with a pro's level of game sense would have seen White-Ra doing the same build four times in a row. MC had reasonable belief that White-Ra would not deviate in the 5th game and he didn't. Had it been a blind 2 gate proxy on the first game against someone he had never played, then I would agree that it was risky move, but he had 4 games to notice White-Ra's general style of play in addition to their recent TSL games. MC did not blindly pull a cheesy build. White-Ra is an amazing player and one of my favorites but it's his fault and nobody else's that he played predictably and lost the ace match because of it.
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
April 14 2011 05:11 GMT
#12158
On April 14 2011 14:08 Stanlot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 13:45 Krehlmar wrote:
On April 14 2011 13:11 Ocedic wrote:
On April 14 2011 03:31 Krehlmar wrote:
I don't care what anyone says.

MC did a bullshit move at the end, he was afraid of fighting White-Ra and resorted to cheese instead of doing a controllable game.
Pure bullshit.


You don't care what anyone says because you're wrong. Stop whining, MC won fair and square. Unless you think punishing the same build 5 consecutive times in a row is 'bullshit,' in which case I don't know what to tell you.

I recognize him doing it to win, what is it people don't get about this: Hardly anyone argues he did it in a controlled and tactical fashion. I still think it's an insult to a fellow progamer that you claim you can beat in a skilled fashion and then just circumvent it.

Had MC had some honor or pride he'd had a real game versus White-Ra not a coin flip. It might've been a controlled and anticipated coinflip but it was still a damned coinflip.

Don't blame him for doing whatever it takes to win, but in doing so he's treading the same path as TSL_Rain: It produces boring games and as a spectator what I want is good and exciting games. Having the last game of an awesome tournaments awesome finals be a 3 minute coinflip is not what I as a spectator want and I honestly doupt anyone does.

What? That is exactly not what a coinflip is. Anyone with a pro's level of game sense would have seen White-Ra doing the same build four times in a row. MC had reasonable belief that White-Ra would not deviate in the 5th game and he didn't. Had it been a blind 2 gate proxy on the first game against someone he had never played, then I would agree that it was risky move, but he had 4 games to notice White-Ra's general style of play in addition to their recent TSL games. MC did not blindly pull a cheesy build. White-Ra is an amazing player and one of my favorites but it's his fault and nobody else's that he played predictably and lost the ace match because of it.

In what way, was it not a coinflip, when it all came down to MC hoping White-Ra would not scout it?
It wasn't "Risky" It was a godamned coinflip... stop defending MC as if he needs it, he's 15 000$ richer and happier for doing it. Still a dull game and a sad ending to what was else a superb tournament.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
DeathPengu
Profile Joined January 2011
Taiwan137 Posts
April 14 2011 05:13 GMT
#12159
On April 14 2011 09:40 arumi wrote:
MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.


Thank you so much for translation!

"Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game?" lol. MC, what a frank man. Not only a good protoss player, but also a good pro-player.
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
April 14 2011 05:17 GMT
#12160
WhiteRa's one weakness is his predictability. I have also done proxy gateways against him couple times since I know he will scout at 13 and doesn't scout usual proxy locations. Both times I just rolled him easily. I hope he starts mixing up his play ^_^
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
Prev 1 606 607 608 609 610 614 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 272
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9060
Dewaltoss 160
Bale 44
Terrorterran 20
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
League of Legends
JimRising 817
Counter-Strike
taco 361
Other Games
summit1g13937
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1340
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota243
League of Legends
• Lourlo1013
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 4m
Replay Cast
19h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.