• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8021 users

[TSL] Ro32 Day 4 - Page 399

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 397 398 399 400 401 422 Next
Balance whining will result in a ban
tripfiend
Profile Joined January 2011
India45 Posts
March 27 2011 22:23 GMT
#7961
On March 28 2011 07:21 Alsandair wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:17 EscPlan9 wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:11 andrewlt wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:06 Harem wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:05 trashcan wrote:
How'd Nada play with such bad lag??????????????????????????????????????????????

NaDa played from the ogs house.

The connection there is a lot better.



I'm not too familiar with how connection works. How does the OGS house's net connection not be as affected by the Japan earthquake compared to the connection of other Koreans? Does it have some special routing?


You latency QQ'ers are ridiculous.

Some say because he didn't play from the OGS house, his lag wasn't as bad as other teams. Some say because he played from the OGS house, his lag wasn't as bad as other teams. How about this instead - you are full of shit and have no clue how much relative lag they had. Go ahead and misquote someone on the lag from Korea, and then hope the actual player doesn't respond (like Jinro did mentioning his views on the Korea latency).

Sorry about that everyone, I am just so tired of complaints on latency here. The games today were excellent, and I loved the casting duo of Wheat and Day9!


I'm inclined to agree with this. I would perhaps be more open to the idea of lag interrupting a player's ability to succeed if sources were proven and critics unanimous (outside of the oGs house, at any rate).


That's true. Though I am inclined to believe otherwise, there has'nt really been any proper confirmation of the latency issue.
Cattle Decapitation
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
March 27 2011 22:24 GMT
#7962
On March 28 2011 07:21 MBH wrote:
Interesting destribution by nations in the ro16 hehe...

3 Swedes, 3 Americans, 3 Germans, 3 Koreans, already 12 of 16 ^^

Don't these 4 countries always fair well at WCG as far as points from across all games? It is quite interesting.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
silentsaint
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany540 Posts
March 27 2011 22:25 GMT
#7963
On March 28 2011 07:23 tripfiend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:21 Alsandair wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:17 EscPlan9 wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:11 andrewlt wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:06 Harem wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:05 trashcan wrote:
How'd Nada play with such bad lag??????????????????????????????????????????????

NaDa played from the ogs house.

The connection there is a lot better.



I'm not too familiar with how connection works. How does the OGS house's net connection not be as affected by the Japan earthquake compared to the connection of other Koreans? Does it have some special routing?


You latency QQ'ers are ridiculous.

Some say because he didn't play from the OGS house, his lag wasn't as bad as other teams. Some say because he played from the OGS house, his lag wasn't as bad as other teams. How about this instead - you are full of shit and have no clue how much relative lag they had. Go ahead and misquote someone on the lag from Korea, and then hope the actual player doesn't respond (like Jinro did mentioning his views on the Korea latency).

Sorry about that everyone, I am just so tired of complaints on latency here. The games today were excellent, and I loved the casting duo of Wheat and Day9!


I'm inclined to agree with this. I would perhaps be more open to the idea of lag interrupting a player's ability to succeed if sources were proven and critics unanimous (outside of the oGs house, at any rate).


That's true. Though I am inclined to believe otherwise, there has'nt really been any proper confirmation of the latency issue.


Well if a Thread from Jinro is not proper as a confirmation of the "no issue" I don't know what is proper on this holy TL ground -.-
It really tied the room together.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
March 27 2011 22:25 GMT
#7964
On March 28 2011 07:22 Awesomeness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:16 WhiteDog wrote:

With the type of play Cruncher deliver he should not flame. Crushing through TSLOpen with four gates and 3 or so maccro game in the final, then giving us the joy to see a turtletoss on shakuras (and now I understand why they changed the map btw) and a six gate. That's the most boring playstyle of the universe.
Damn what have I done to see Zeerax and not cruncher advancing through, he seems more interesting.


So if he plays a macro game it's boring and when he does a 2base-push it"s boring? What do you expect him to do? Play another race?

People on this site are amazing at finding stuff to complain about. I found Idra to be much more bad mannered towards Cruncher than the other way around. He was also flaming Cloud at the FXOpen after he got destroyed 2:0. So yeah, I was really pleased to see him get knocked out today.


So I heard being outbased 7:3 is a "macro" game
skycaptain
Profile Joined October 2010
United States101 Posts
March 27 2011 22:25 GMT
#7965
On March 28 2011 07:22 Awesomeness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:16 WhiteDog wrote:

With the type of play Cruncher deliver he should not flame. Crushing through TSLOpen with four gates and 3 or so maccro game in the final, then giving us the joy to see a turtletoss on shakuras (and now I understand why they changed the map btw) and a six gate. That's the most boring playstyle of the universe.
Damn what have I done to see Zeerax and not cruncher advancing through, he seems more interesting.


So if he plays a macro game it's boring and when he does a 2base-push it"s boring? What do you expect him to do? Play another race?

People on this site are amazing at finding stuff to complain about. I found Idra to be much more bad mannered towards Cruncher than the other way around. He was also flaming Cloud at the FXOpen after he got destroyed 2:0. So yeah, I was really pleased to see him get knocked out today.


Totally agree. We saw Cruncher play some excellent games today. And I started cracking up when he posted that smiley face. Hilarious. I don't understand why everyone on this thread is hating on him. He outplayed Idra in 2 of 3 games, and that's all there is to it.
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2611 Posts
March 27 2011 22:25 GMT
#7966
On March 28 2011 07:23 starcraft2rush wrote:
are there any zergs left to cheer for in the tsl?


Mondragon.

+ Show Spoiler +
And Sen ofc.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
Vorenius
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark1979 Posts
March 27 2011 22:26 GMT
#7967
On March 28 2011 07:08 ptbl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:05 trashcan wrote:
How'd Nada play with such bad lag??????????????????????????????????????????????


The oGs team has a better and stable internet connection that wasn't affected too badly by the Japanese earthquake. This is why they were able to do so well in the FXOpen invitational compared to the Prime team.

A lot of people seems the be saying this, and the only basis for it seems to be that Zenio and Supernova did well in FXO tournament...
But Jinro himself said that it was non sense and that all connections had the same lag.
I suppose it would vary from time to time and some players just got lucky when they played their matches.

I find it hard to believe one korean team should have a better connection than another team to the US. Especially when someone who has played in one of the houses for months says that isn't the case, and when none of the people who claim there is a difference doesn't have any source.

It's much more likely the oGs players actually bothered practising on NA server and got a feel for the lag.
Supposedly, just getting used to playing with lag can go a long way in negating the negative effects of it. Again, I'm not speaking of personal experience, but I'll take Liquid`Tyler's word for it.
vdale
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1173 Posts
March 27 2011 22:26 GMT
#7968
On March 28 2011 07:25 chrisolo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:23 starcraft2rush wrote:
are there any zergs left to cheer for in the tsl?


Mondragon.

+ Show Spoiler +
And Sen ofc.

Morrow
Hierarch
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2197 Posts
March 27 2011 22:27 GMT
#7969
On March 28 2011 07:06 ptbl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:04 Hierarch wrote:
NaDa didn't seem to be affected by that horrendous "lag" that everyone was complaining about. But definitely awesome games today, the NaDa/TLO series didn't disappoint, the quirky, unique, and entertaining style of TLO and then the solid, backbone "I'm just going to make more stuff than you" style of NaDa. GG's


This has already been explained. oGs internet connection hasn't been affected too badly by Japan's eartquake compared to the other korean teams.


Ah my bad, just couldn't help make my point about it since all of yesterday was complaining. I really have enjoyed the TSL so far and it's just a lot more fun and satisfying watching these games. Hats off to TL for running, producing and providing such a quality entertaining tournament :D
MC|NonY|HerO|NaDa|MVP|DRG|Ret|Sen|Dimaga|Leenock
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
March 27 2011 22:27 GMT
#7970
On March 28 2011 07:25 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:22 Awesomeness wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:16 WhiteDog wrote:

With the type of play Cruncher deliver he should not flame. Crushing through TSLOpen with four gates and 3 or so maccro game in the final, then giving us the joy to see a turtletoss on shakuras (and now I understand why they changed the map btw) and a six gate. That's the most boring playstyle of the universe.
Damn what have I done to see Zeerax and not cruncher advancing through, he seems more interesting.


So if he plays a macro game it's boring and when he does a 2base-push it"s boring? What do you expect him to do? Play another race?

People on this site are amazing at finding stuff to complain about. I found Idra to be much more bad mannered towards Cruncher than the other way around. He was also flaming Cloud at the FXOpen after he got destroyed 2:0. So yeah, I was really pleased to see him get knocked out today.


So I heard being outbased 7:3 is a "macro" game


It was a macro game, what are you even trying to debate here? Are you telling us it was a 3 base allin or something?
★ Top Gun ★
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2611 Posts
March 27 2011 22:27 GMT
#7971
On March 28 2011 07:26 vdale wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:25 chrisolo wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:23 starcraft2rush wrote:
are there any zergs left to cheer for in the tsl?


Mondragon.

+ Show Spoiler +
And Sen ofc.

Morrow


I like MorroW, but both players I stated are oldschool and therefore should have more cheering fans then MorroW
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
tripfiend
Profile Joined January 2011
India45 Posts
March 27 2011 22:28 GMT
#7972
On March 28 2011 07:25 silentsaint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:23 tripfiend wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:21 Alsandair wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:17 EscPlan9 wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:11 andrewlt wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:06 Harem wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:05 trashcan wrote:
How'd Nada play with such bad lag??????????????????????????????????????????????

NaDa played from the ogs house.

The connection there is a lot better.



I'm not too familiar with how connection works. How does the OGS house's net connection not be as affected by the Japan earthquake compared to the connection of other Koreans? Does it have some special routing?


You latency QQ'ers are ridiculous.

Some say because he didn't play from the OGS house, his lag wasn't as bad as other teams. Some say because he played from the OGS house, his lag wasn't as bad as other teams. How about this instead - you are full of shit and have no clue how much relative lag they had. Go ahead and misquote someone on the lag from Korea, and then hope the actual player doesn't respond (like Jinro did mentioning his views on the Korea latency).

Sorry about that everyone, I am just so tired of complaints on latency here. The games today were excellent, and I loved the casting duo of Wheat and Day9!


I'm inclined to agree with this. I would perhaps be more open to the idea of lag interrupting a player's ability to succeed if sources were proven and critics unanimous (outside of the oGs house, at any rate).


That's true. Though I am inclined to believe otherwise, there has'nt really been any proper confirmation of the latency issue.


Well if a Thread from Jinro is not proper as a confirmation of the "no issue" I don't know what is proper on this holy TL ground -.-


Well considering the amount of discussion and flaming going on about this matter, you would think there would be more. For example some word from the Korean camp, or from TL staff. Atleast to lay all this back and forth to rest.
Anyway, no point in arguing about this more on the basis of speculation, though I still believe lag was a problem.
Cattle Decapitation
theMiNUS
Profile Joined January 2011
United States333 Posts
March 27 2011 22:28 GMT
#7973
THAT WAS EPIC!!!

55k people watching a live stream... man, i've seen it all!!!
not idly do the leaves of lorien fall...
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
March 27 2011 22:28 GMT
#7974
MorroW will win it all for the Swarm!
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 27 2011 22:29 GMT
#7975
On March 28 2011 07:25 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:22 Awesomeness wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:16 WhiteDog wrote:

With the type of play Cruncher deliver he should not flame. Crushing through TSLOpen with four gates and 3 or so maccro game in the final, then giving us the joy to see a turtletoss on shakuras (and now I understand why they changed the map btw) and a six gate. That's the most boring playstyle of the universe.
Damn what have I done to see Zeerax and not cruncher advancing through, he seems more interesting.


So if he plays a macro game it's boring and when he does a 2base-push it"s boring? What do you expect him to do? Play another race?

People on this site are amazing at finding stuff to complain about. I found Idra to be much more bad mannered towards Cruncher than the other way around. He was also flaming Cloud at the FXOpen after he got destroyed 2:0. So yeah, I was really pleased to see him get knocked out today.


So I heard being outbased 7:3 is a "macro" game


Sure Idra had 7 bases taken, but how useful were they? There is a point where you have too many, and he hit that at like base 5 considering the circumstances.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
skycaptain
Profile Joined October 2010
United States101 Posts
March 27 2011 22:29 GMT
#7976
On March 28 2011 07:27 Tyree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 07:25 Conversion wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:22 Awesomeness wrote:
On March 28 2011 07:16 WhiteDog wrote:

With the type of play Cruncher deliver he should not flame. Crushing through TSLOpen with four gates and 3 or so maccro game in the final, then giving us the joy to see a turtletoss on shakuras (and now I understand why they changed the map btw) and a six gate. That's the most boring playstyle of the universe.
Damn what have I done to see Zeerax and not cruncher advancing through, he seems more interesting.


So if he plays a macro game it's boring and when he does a 2base-push it"s boring? What do you expect him to do? Play another race?

People on this site are amazing at finding stuff to complain about. I found Idra to be much more bad mannered towards Cruncher than the other way around. He was also flaming Cloud at the FXOpen after he got destroyed 2:0. So yeah, I was really pleased to see him get knocked out today.


So I heard being outbased 7:3 is a "macro" game


It was a macro game, what are you even trying to debate here? Are you telling us it was a 3 base allin or something?


He's mad because IdrA got outplayed and wants to put the blame on Cruncher for some reason.
Maskedsatyr
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore1245 Posts
March 27 2011 22:29 GMT
#7977
On March 28 2011 07:13 DiaBoLuS wrote:
Ra vs MC is gonna be the top of the top of PvP.

we wont see any 4 gate.


I don't think you know who MC is lol. I very sure hes going to try to 4 gate at least once
"Don't believe in you who believes in me, don't believe in me who believes in you, believe in you...who believes in yourself!"
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 27 2011 22:29 GMT
#7978
JULY FIGHTIIIIING! Oh wait wrong tournament
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
MBH
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 22:30:47
March 27 2011 22:29 GMT
#7979
This 7 base talk...

How many of them did he actually use? 4?

Just because he builds a hatchery at 7 spots doesnt mean he is on 7 bases, if he does nothing with them.
Aruno
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 22:31:52
March 27 2011 22:30 GMT
#7980
I say get Jinro or Artosis to film someone like MC playing for his match. So we can see what he sees.

Unless filming someone play is not allowed >:-(

I'd like to see him play from an outside view anyway.
aruno, arunoaj, aruno_aj | Those are my main aliases
Prev 1 397 398 399 400 401 422 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15155
Calm 2165
Mini 166
Rush 107
EffOrt 102
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto17
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m3416
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4087
Liquid`Hasu654
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1889
Beastyqt814
B2W.Neo568
RotterdaM501
shahzam393
C9.Mang0290
crisheroes186
IndyStarCraft 185
ToD149
Trikslyr96
Dewaltoss67
UpATreeSC60
ZombieGrub33
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1144
Other Games
• imaqtpie1015
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 39m
INu's Battles
14h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 39m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.