• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:16
CEST 16:16
KST 23:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7981 users

Assembly Winter 2011 - Day 2 - Page 312

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 310 311 312
It's ok to be excited that your favorite player won. Please keep it manner!
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 15:45:23
February 15 2011 15:35 GMT
#6221
On February 14 2011 08:58 Martijn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 06:43 Maven wrote:
Really got to say sorry for the mistakes I did in the Assembly cast its not a excuse but everything for me went horribly and I hope that it didnt make people lose interest in the cup because the players were awesome and deserve the most out of it.

Im not the best caster out there and im not gonna say I am either im just trying to cast if you dont like it say where I can improve and I'll try to do my best in doing just that. I know theres alot of stuff I can improve on and Im going to do my best in doing so.

I do appreciate though if u dont just say im stupid etc cause thats not constructive criticism if I need to work more on my language or my game knowledge that is things that will come along as I continue to cast and I hope you will see me improve in my future casts.

Oh and sorry for screaming so much in the Finals (>^.^)>


You shouldn't have even posted this, there's a few people in this thread that had some constructive remarks, the majority were just bashing you. If not for you, we'd have to have done the whole event shorthanded and I'd have crashed after the first 10 hours. You deserve recognition for spending your own money to try and contribute.
I'm sure I'll regret posting this as well when I calm down from reading the newest 10-15 pages. But whatever, I'm as human as anyone else.

I'll be the first to admit that as a whole assembly wasn't great casting, but what the hell do people expect. We went from 10 am to 3am on day 1, so yeah, we were exhausted towards the last few hours, but the casting was mostly good. We just had to deal with a lot of issues with the schedule and so on but oh well. So then I made a crucial mistake and actually read the day 1 thread and my casting went downhill from there on out. I got to enjoy pages worth of bashing on Maven which he didn't deserve in any way. As a caster you have to have extremely thick skin, but that was demoralizing as fuck. The whole stream was done on a budget of $500, we couldn't even pay for the travel of all 3 of us so Maven stepped up and actually paid his own fucking way there to help us out. So here's someone volunteering his own money to try to help provide the community with an event stream, yet people are giving him shit for having to go to bed at 2:30 am after an 80 minute match. I finished out the series with Pararin (who I'll get back to later) in which I had to repeat what he was saying half the time to correct him and make it understandable.

So day 2, I did not feel like people deserved jack. The way Maven was treated was absolute bs. But what am I going to do, give up casting and make the people who did enjoy watching pay the price? I couldn't do that, so I got over it and went back to work. And only then did the actual drama start.

Morrow forgot to invite TB into his game vs TLO, where we joined on his realid and Pararin posts that we "didn't let him in". What people read is that we somehow banned TB from the game, which is absolutely ridiculous. What Pararin actually meant to say is that we didn't stop the game from starting without TB. Whether you blame Pararin's poor grasp of English or people just reading into it wrong, that's what he meant.

While we had our hands full managing our own stream and dealing with the admins, we indeed did not tell the players not to start with TB. Sorry, but we barely even noticed he wasn't in the game until the last second and even then we assumed he had his reasons for not being there. Maybe he missed the invite or was in a different game or was having issues or who knows whatever else on a list full of possible explanations that could be going on.
Never mind that it's in no way, shape or form our job to make sure that other casters get into a game. The admins didn't help casters in the game or host the games, they expected casters to contact the players and yes, once in a while that's going to go wrong. The round after we ended up casting a completely different match also because a player forgot to invite us even though we asked and were 20 meters from them. But hey here's a stack of people cursing us out on TL for something we had little to no hand in.

So yeah, I feel like my casting went down the drain as well. When you're working on a budget which doesn't even allow you to break even and you're getting verbally raped after 20 hours of casting in about 28 hours, you try sounding excited. We should not have to deal with being a scapegoat.

If it wasn't for the players at the event being so great and getting a chance to calm down with their support before the finals, it would've been dreadful. As a community, we should consider ourselves fucking blessed with many of the pro players. So we put on a good show for the finals. It was solid. If we had been able to cast the whole event like that, no one would have a right to complain.

We went to the player party and had a good time. I got to hear Pararin apologize for what he posted and all the shit we got because of it. We all got thrown out at 4 am. We walked through -20c Helsinki until we found enough cabs for all of us. I went up to Naama's room to hang out with qxc, socke and the whole crew. I laughed at elfi getting up, zombieing to the bathroom, throwing up and passing straight out on his bed again instantly 4 times. I got to laugh at Socke's 20 game drunken losing streak. I smiled for Anna's picture when at 6:30 am I ran into her and TLO drunk in the elevator. I split a cab with maven, morrow and hasuobs to the airport. We ran into insolence while we were waiting for our flights and discussed balance, maps and whatever else. Hell, I took home morrow's 2 place trophy seeming he didn't want to drag it back and said I should take it. So all in all, I had a blast. But because of the pro players and their support. This event completely changed who I feel I should be casting for.

/hissyfit

Don't expect me to reply after this, I'm done with it. I got to have a good time when all was said and done, I just wanted to vent.
PS. The finals cast was a good time. If you want to judge Mavens casting, do it on that series.

Thanks for that post, and respect to Maven for his contribution to the community.
I think all that shit around casters and whatnot very boring and not worth of the SC2 community. I always love Incontrol and love listening to him, but I think his like battle against the biscuit pointless, and now we have the whole TL bashing about two guys that did their best.
I mean ok it's not perfect, it's not day9, it's not even at Biscuit guy level, but damn where is the friendship ? Where is the love ? The SC2 community should not be an elitist community, adept to extreme flame, disrespect and bash like CS and WoW.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 16:17:36
February 15 2011 16:06 GMT
#6222
On February 14 2011 10:10 norlock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 08:58 Martijn wrote:
On February 14 2011 06:43 Maven wrote:
Really got to say sorry for the mistakes I did in the Assembly cast its not a excuse but everything for me went horribly and I hope that it didnt make people lose interest in the cup because the players were awesome and deserve the most out of it.

Im not the best caster out there and im not gonna say I am either im just trying to cast if you dont like it say where I can improve and I'll try to do my best in doing just that. I know theres alot of stuff I can improve on and Im going to do my best in doing so.

I do appreciate though if u dont just say im stupid etc cause thats not constructive criticism if I need to work more on my language or my game knowledge that is things that will come along as I continue to cast and I hope you will see me improve in my future casts.

Oh and sorry for screaming so much in the Finals (>^.^)>


You shouldn't have even posted this, there's a few people in this thread that had some constructive remarks, the majority were just bashing you. If not for you, we'd have to have done the whole event shorthanded and I'd have crashed after the first 10 hours. You deserve recognition for spending your own money to try and contribute.
I'm sure I'll regret posting this as well when I calm down from reading the newest 10-15 pages. But whatever, I'm as human as anyone else.

I'll be the first to admit that as a whole assembly wasn't great casting, but what the hell do people expect. We went from 10 am to 3am on day 1, so yeah, we were exhausted towards the last few hours, but the casting was mostly good. We just had to deal with a lot of issues with the schedule and so on but oh well. So then I made a crucial mistake and actually read the day 1 thread and my casting went downhill from there on out. I got to enjoy pages worth of bashing on Maven which he didn't deserve in any way. As a caster you have to have extremely thick skin, but that was demoralizing as fuck. The whole stream was done on a budget of $500, we couldn't even pay for the travel of all 3 of us so Maven stepped up and actually paid his own fucking way there to help us out. So here's someone volunteering his own money to try to help provide the community with an event stream, yet people are giving him shit for having to go to bed at 2:30 am after an 80 minute match. I finished out the series with Pararin (who I'll get back to later) in which I had to repeat what he was saying half the time to correct him and make it understandable.

So day 2, I did not feel like people deserved jack. The way Maven was treated was absolute bs. But what am I going to do, give up casting and make the people who did enjoy watching pay the price? I couldn't do that, so I got over it and went back to work. And only then did the actual drama start.

Morrow forgot to invite TB into his game vs TLO, where we joined on his realid and Pararin posts that we "didn't let him in". What people read is that we somehow banned TB from the game, which is absolutely ridiculous. What Pararin actually meant to say is that we didn't stop the game from starting without TB. Whether you blame Pararin's poor grasp of English or people just reading into it wrong, that's what he meant.

While we had our hands full managing our own stream and dealing with the admins, we indeed did not tell the players not to start with TB. Sorry, but we barely even noticed he wasn't in the game until the last second and even then we assumed he had his reasons for not being there. Maybe he missed the invite or was in a different game or was having issues or who knows whatever else on a list full of possible explanations that could be going on.
Never mind that it's in no way, shape or form our job to make sure that other casters get into a game. The admins didn't help casters in the game or host the games, they expected casters to contact the players and yes, once in a while that's going to go wrong. The round after we ended up casting a completely different match also because a player forgot to invite us even though we asked and were 20 meters from them. But hey here's a stack of people cursing us out on TL for something we had little to no hand in.

So yeah, I feel like my casting went down the drain as well. When you're working on a budget which doesn't even allow you to break even and you're getting verbally raped after 20 hours of casting in about 28 hours, you try sounding excited. We should not have to deal with being a scapegoat.

If it wasn't for the players at the event being so great and getting a chance to calm down with their support before the finals, it would've been dreadful. As a community, we should consider ourselves fucking blessed with many of the pro players. So we put on a good show for the finals. It was solid. If we had been able to cast the whole event like that, no one would have a right to complain.

We went to the player party and had a good time. I got to hear Pararin apologize for what he posted and all the shit we got because of it. We all got thrown out at 4 am. We walked through -20c Helsinki until we found enough cabs for all of us. I went up to Naama's room to hang out with qxc, socke and the whole crew. I laughed at elfi getting up, zombieing to the bathroom, throwing up and passing straight out on his bed again instantly 4 times. I got to laugh at Socke's 20 game drunken losing streak. I smiled for Anna's picture when at 6:30 am I ran into her and TLO drunk in the elevator. I split a cab with maven, morrow and hasuobs to the airport. We ran into insolence while we were waiting for our flights and discussed balance, maps and whatever else. Hell, I took home morrow's 2 place trophy seeming he didn't want to drag it back and said I should take it. So all in all, I had a blast. But because of the pro players and their support. This event completely changed who I feel I should be casting for.

/hissyfit

Don't expect me to reply after this, I'm done with it. I got to have a good time when all was said and done, I just wanted to vent.
PS. The finals cast was a good time. If you want to judge Mavens casting, do it on that series.


Martijn I feel like a lot of bashing was unnecessary, but keep in mind that casting an event takes a lot of game knowledge. I heard so many wrong analysis that it was really beginning to bother me. Make sure to play the game yourself a lot, and if you are not certain about things don't just analyse it like you do know. So some tips I can give you for an event like this, play the game for a while before you go out and cast.

You will get bashed when putting out a bad effort, because a lot of viewers don't get excited when the cast is not good. It is a vital organ of a good production, that can make a tournament ore break it. I am not posting this to make you feel bad, I just want to be realistic. And if you are not the person who is the analyser, make sure you have one that can analyse. For instance look at Artosis and Tasteless. Tasteless is a very good entertainer, but lacks the deep insights wich Artosis does have.

Last point to improve is that you can look better at the minimap, I saw that there were times were you completely missed a drop ore something and continue with like: "looks like this drop has done a lot of damage". Instead of saying: "I am sorry we have missed that drop" and continue.

I really appreciate the effort you put in it, I think no one else would do that much as casting as you do. But keep in mind that casting also requires skill. And don't give up commentating, just look at what you did wrong last time and ty to improve on that. If the following cast's get better no one has even the slightest reason to complain. And you are casting for the community, which can be harsh and ungrateful at times, but you are doing it to get better, don't let them get you down.

(I tried to be objective so no bash intended)



This is my complaint. I feel like any excuses as to how long the event took should be ignored. If you weren't up to the task, why take it? Sure everyone misses drops or important battles here and there, but it seemed to be a constant factor in these games. And to be honest, some of the analysis was incorrect. This just become annoying as the hours went on. Pretty much I expect apologies and not excuses from someone who wants to be taken seriously or professional.

And I'm surprised that Ret won. I always had a much lower opinion than him but I knew that he would crush Morrow in a ZvZ finals. I just didn't expect him to get there. Definitely deserves props for his success.
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
February 15 2011 18:42 GMT
#6223
Kas said on jimpos stream that he didnt warm up before the games against morrow, because he overslept and Morrow was telling the admins to hurry.
bRuTaL!!
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland588 Posts
February 15 2011 20:58 GMT
#6224
On February 15 2011 22:21 Khaldor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 22:07 Technique wrote:
Casting from khaldor was epic. :D


Thanks, glad you enjoyed the stream

I recorded a VOD in english today so you guys can decide whether you'd like some streams in english in the future. Would appreciate some feedback: http://www.youtube.com/user/KhaldorOnDemand

Cheers, Khaldor


I watched. It was quite good. I was some what expecting it to be worse , germans arent always the best in english. No dead air, good energy, no stuttering. Please continue to cast in english, especially with big international events .
Tasteless: "What was it Hans Solo was frozen in? Kryptonite?" Artosis: "Lol, no. Thats the stuff that hurts Batman."
CursedRich
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom737 Posts
February 15 2011 21:34 GMT
#6225
The funny thing about TB and Incontrol is that I think that if they casted together it would be awesome, they should do the next charity showmatch together imagine how funny they could be with banter and good commentary

Chill Winston......
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 23:26:22
February 18 2011 22:41 GMT
#6226
Wish there were more english VODs from this tournament, (yeah ok everything can't be GSL with several hours dedicated to every match) thanks Khaldor - you're perfectly good at casting in english!

I hope that the casters, spectators, and players who were affected by any drama will continue on being an awesome part of esports. Community is everything for us!
Prev 1 310 311 312
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 348
TKL 239
CranKy Ducklings142
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1134
Lowko532
TKL 239
ProTech121
Rex 116
MindelVK 21
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59164
Free 1801
Horang2 319
firebathero 255
Zeus 206
Last 111
Hyun 79
910 73
ToSsGirL 69
Pusan 46
[ Show more ]
Trap 46
soO 31
Bishop 22
Rock 21
Aegong 20
scan(afreeca) 18
Yoon 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7539
Dendi850
XaKoH 434
420jenkins70
canceldota41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2616
byalli654
Other Games
singsing2305
Mlord547
Beastyqt354
KnowMe132
Liquid`VortiX102
DeMusliM95
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• StrangeGG 19
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2768
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1511
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 44m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.