• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7761 users

[GSL] S3 Ro8 Day 1 - Page 157

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 Next
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
December 07 2010 01:54 GMT
#3121
Oh man. With HongUn in the semis and two protoss in the ro8, it makes me think of a PvP Finals.
And then i cringe.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
December 07 2010 02:13 GMT
#3122
Well, at least I can be comforted that I chose not to stay up to see any bullshit.
connoisseur
Khadgars
Profile Joined March 2010
United States38 Posts
December 07 2010 02:18 GMT
#3123
On December 07 2010 09:57 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2010 09:52 Samim wrote:
This game has some serious issues. Forget balance and all that, the game design itself simply promotes these boring 1 base risk plays that a) either catch the other player and roll him or b) fail miserably and then end up getting rolled. The game design doesn't allow for solid back and forth games you see in Brood War. No games in SC2 are epic, even if they are longer than 20 minutes.



Ya I'm noticing that myself. But I think maps need to get a lot bigger.


Completely agree, they can mitigate a lot of those problem by, as you suggested, making the maps a lot larger for 1v1. The way so many of the maps are set up now, it encourages cheese.

Go Jinro!
Xeteh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States589 Posts
December 07 2010 02:26 GMT
#3124
I hate these SCV all-ins, this has pretty much been the norm for GSL3. However, I can't blame these guys for using them, they're playing for a shiiiitload of money. Anyone who gets mad at them for doing it is foolish, you know damn well you would too if you figured that was your best shot to win.
ArtOfRandom
Profile Joined October 2010
United States36 Posts
December 07 2010 02:36 GMT
#3125
On December 07 2010 10:40 TheYukoner wrote:
I find it funny when predictions are completely shattered
I was quite surprised with the results though, might this be the first GSL in which a zerg doesn't win?


Well, yeah, since there are no Zergs left, I'd say there's a pretty good chance
Vorlik
Profile Joined October 2010
1522 Posts
December 07 2010 02:37 GMT
#3126
On December 07 2010 09:59 usethis2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2010 08:38 FrogOfWar wrote:
That reply by Rain that he intended to play macro but didn't have practice time was pretty baller. I couldn't practice anything fancy so I had to kill him the easy way ("him" referring to the reigning champion). This kind of rehabilitates him in my mind where I had already ticked him off as another one of those lame Terran lamepants lamers.


I guess the translation could leave such impression. The reality is quite the opposite, though. Rain has made similar excuses since the beginning of the season, especially after bunker-rushing NexGenius out and the Koreans did not buy this time and exploded. Rain had to apologize to the viewers and Nestea's fans for "what he did" after the series. I don't know if that was necessary but it certainly doesn't seem "baller" to me.

The response to the Nestea v. Rain series there seemed much harsher there than here in TL. The Korean commentators couldn't find words to sugar-coat his plays during the broadcasting (trying to avoid the C-word) and the viewers (especially those who made a trip to watch the series in person) got so mad and they slammed the team TSL page that the TSL coach (manager?) also made an apology and even the team IM (which Nestea belongs to) manager had to help out to put out the fire.

I am not sure how this will affect the remaining games of the season, lol.


I think it's stupid because nes always goes for that stupid hatch first build, which this allin is basically made for. Obviously you're going to abuse his vulnerable early game with it. It's impossible to get into late game because it becomes broken in tvz if z goes hatch first and drones to hell and beyond. At least he attempted some macro games. it's nes' inability to adapt to the push by changing his BO, something fruit dealer is capable of. I'm sure the koreans know this, they're just bitter because it's not fun to watch and their x-champion is out.
LeetGoose
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada32 Posts
December 07 2010 02:41 GMT
#3127
Thank god there are no more TvZ. Those were getting really boring.
ShootingStars
Profile Joined August 2010
1475 Posts
December 07 2010 02:57 GMT
#3128
I hope MarineKing wins this.
greycubed
Profile Joined May 2010
United States615 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 02:59:00
December 07 2010 02:58 GMT
#3129
On December 07 2010 11:37 Vorlik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2010 09:59 usethis2 wrote:
On December 07 2010 08:38 FrogOfWar wrote:
That reply by Rain that he intended to play macro but didn't have practice time was pretty baller. I couldn't practice anything fancy so I had to kill him the easy way ("him" referring to the reigning champion). This kind of rehabilitates him in my mind where I had already ticked him off as another one of those lame Terran lamepants lamers.


I guess the translation could leave such impression. The reality is quite the opposite, though. Rain has made similar excuses since the beginning of the season, especially after bunker-rushing NexGenius out and the Koreans did not buy this time and exploded. Rain had to apologize to the viewers and Nestea's fans for "what he did" after the series. I don't know if that was necessary but it certainly doesn't seem "baller" to me.

The response to the Nestea v. Rain series there seemed much harsher there than here in TL. The Korean commentators couldn't find words to sugar-coat his plays during the broadcasting (trying to avoid the C-word) and the viewers (especially those who made a trip to watch the series in person) got so mad and they slammed the team TSL page that the TSL coach (manager?) also made an apology and even the team IM (which Nestea belongs to) manager had to help out to put out the fire.

I am not sure how this will affect the remaining games of the season, lol.


I think it's stupid because nes always goes for that stupid hatch first build, which this allin is basically made for. Obviously you're going to abuse his vulnerable early game with it. It's impossible to get into late game because it becomes broken in tvz if z goes hatch first and drones to hell and beyond. At least he attempted some macro games. it's nes' inability to adapt to the push by changing his BO, something fruit dealer is capable of. I'm sure the koreans know this, they're just bitter because it's not fun to watch and their x-champion is out.
Hatch first is arguably (by the likes of ret and Idra) safer than pool first. Pool first is only safer against really really really early aggression like 6 pool. After that your limitation is larva and creep- and one hatch doesn't provide enough of either. Nestea's problem was not his build.
http://i.imgur.com/N3ujB.png
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
December 07 2010 03:01 GMT
#3130
Am I the only one that noticed Artosis cringe when he took a sip of Mountain Dew? Hahah
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 07 2010 03:57 GMT
#3131
On December 07 2010 10:54 57 Corvette wrote:
Oh man. With HongUn in the semis and two protoss in the ro8, it makes me think of a PvP Finals.
And then i cringe.

Yea...I really want to see a Protoss win this but a PvP finals is gonna be batshit boring. -.-
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
December 07 2010 04:04 GMT
#3132
Nothing can stop the Foxer from winning this time
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
December 07 2010 04:15 GMT
#3133
On December 07 2010 12:01 MrMotionPicture wrote:
Am I the only one that noticed Artosis cringe when he took a sip of Mountain Dew? Hahah

Artosis definitely hates the Dew.

I fear heavily for a Rain v Choya finals...(pretty much any other combo I'd be ok with...even settling for an MC v HongUn PvP finals would be better).
the farm ends here
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
December 07 2010 04:29 GMT
#3134
On December 07 2010 12:57 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2010 10:54 57 Corvette wrote:
Oh man. With HongUn in the semis and two protoss in the ro8, it makes me think of a PvP Finals.
And then i cringe.

Yea...I really want to see a Protoss win this but a PvP finals is gonna be batshit boring. -.-


i think you are all forgetting Jinro is going to make the finals.. so you are getting worried for no reason..
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Cyanocyst
Profile Joined October 2010
2222 Posts
December 07 2010 04:38 GMT
#3135
I'm sad about Nestea hes so much better than TSLRain.

FD is my favorite player and i still feel that hes better than most everyone. However he didn't play the game, to the strengths of being the better player today. He played quite gimmicky, and unstable. After winning on steps, he should have been able to crush Hongun with steady play. Really hope that FD realizes this and corrects this for future tournaments.

The only good thing to come from the Zergs losing today is i can now focus rooting for Jinro.

However i'm not rooting for Jinro cause of some foreigner BS, i'm rooting for him because hes actually very good. Would like for him to set a trend of Terran's actually playing macro games.
|| Fruit Dealer | Leenock | Yughio | Coca | Sniper | True | Solar | Dark |
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
December 07 2010 04:57 GMT
#3136
I'm sorry but I completely understand why Rain played the way he did. There is way too much money on the line to not play to win. You do absolutely everything within the rules and within your power to win, no exceptions.

His apologizing for it, and the korean fans reaction is just silly, didn't boxer win with multiple bunker rushes vs yellow once upon a time, Jaedongs 4 pool comes to mind.

This isn't the ladder where I just play for fun, and cheese is kind of annoying to me because I sometimes suck at stopping it, and makes the game very short. This is the GSL where there is literally about 85x more money than I've ever held in my hand. 85,000 dollars or whatever the current transaction is life changing and I completely support Rain's choices to cheese.

Also, go Jinro!, I hope you play Rain in the finals and crush him to the ground, I don't like cheesers.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
CrAzEdBaDgEr
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada166 Posts
December 07 2010 05:00 GMT
#3137
Just watched the VODs (and successfully avoided seeing any spoilers) and HongUn's continuous wall-in in game 4 was one of the most epic things I've ever seen!

Everyone saying that the "better" players got beat due to all-ins need to remind themselves that the best players should be flexible and adapt and it's their own fault if they frequently lose to all-ins. Also, Hong-Un's play wasn't all-in at all during the series so I'm not sure why so many people are saying this. It seemed like FD did more all-ins than HongUn did, and I love FD.

I was cheering for both zergs to win the previous GSL tournaments but I'm thrilled to see at least one Protoss in the semis.
psycow
Profile Joined October 2010
55 Posts
December 07 2010 05:03 GMT
#3138
The GSL is not about skill, it's about who can execute the latest info/builds/cheese coming out of the Korean servers. This type of play is built into SC2 from the ground up. I don't see how they can fix it without reworking major parts of the game.

GG Blizzard, GG.
ricerocket
Profile Joined May 2010
154 Posts
December 07 2010 05:16 GMT
#3139
uh, the ability to execute a strategy in a strategy game is what we call... skill.

lol
Gonzodamus
Profile Joined September 2010
United States273 Posts
December 07 2010 05:41 GMT
#3140
Well dang, I was really hoping for a repeat from NesTea. I'm surprised he wasn't able to hold out better against those early attacks, especially after beating MarineKing last season.

Still, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a TvP final and that would be way cool
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10399
JimRising 845
WinterStarcraft333
ViBE103
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush711
• Lourlo351
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 8m
INu's Battles
9h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 8m
Replay Cast
20h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.