• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:31
CEST 07:31
KST 14:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7439 users

[GSL] S3 Ro64 Day 1 - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 164 Next
Kultom
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway59 Posts
November 22 2010 08:37 GMT
#201
Is Ret's full first name Joseph, i thought Jos was a common hollandisches name. http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens3/schedule/
Live long and prosper
isM
Profile Joined September 2010
United States735 Posts
November 22 2010 08:39 GMT
#202
On November 22 2010 17:16 Terr wrote:
At fist I was like "GO NesTea, Sen And Maka!" but then i realized that if both NesTea and Sen win they will have to fight each other in the next round and I doubt Sen will win against NesTea...
I feel bad for Sen


Sen's zvz is pretty good, hes the one I studied when I was trying to learn it. Then again any ZvZ is just a complete crapshoot anyways.
Loose lips sink ships
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 08:51:19
November 22 2010 08:44 GMT
#203
On November 22 2010 17:39 KashmirAZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 17:16 Terr wrote:
At fist I was like "GO NesTea, Sen And Maka!" but then i realized that if both NesTea and Sen win they will have to fight each other in the next round and I doubt Sen will win against NesTea...
I feel bad for Sen


Sen's zvz is pretty good, hes the one I studied when I was trying to learn it. Then again any ZvZ is just a complete crapshoot anyways.


I dunno if "pretty good" is gonna cut it against Nestea's ZvZ. Sen has been owning up the Korean ladder, but I'm not sure if he's ready to take (arguably) the world's best current ZvZ player in a bo3.

Anyway, he still has to make the ro32 to begin with so maybe we should focus on that first =/
Don't hate the player, hate the game
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
November 22 2010 08:45 GMT
#204
On November 22 2010 17:39 KashmirAZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 17:16 Terr wrote:
At fist I was like "GO NesTea, Sen And Maka!" but then i realized that if both NesTea and Sen win they will have to fight each other in the next round and I doubt Sen will win against NesTea...
I feel bad for Sen


Sen's zvz is pretty good, hes the one I studied when I was trying to learn it. Then again any ZvZ is just a complete crapshoot anyways.


I disagree, from my protoss point of view ZvZ is the most interesting mirror - why? Because it's by far the least figured out, in basicly every other ZvZ some crazy strat wins that nobody has seen before. Tbh ZvZ is imo the place where those players with the best strategic mindset should be able to capitalize right now. Interesting to watch and I also think very interesting to play....I'd take ZvZ over the stupid colossus wars in PvP any day.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Cri du Chat
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany606 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 08:45:25
November 22 2010 08:45 GMT
#205
I think Sen has a chance, even against NesTea. This is not BW, where an Icecube in hell has better chances than a foreigner against Jaedong.
The Koreans may be better, but they are not lightyears ahead right now. At least i hope so :p
Go Sen!

Predictions:
IMNestea <> Syj 2:0
oGsVines <> Sen 1:2
LittleBoy <> jookToJung ?? I have no idea.
MakaPrime <> Sleep 2:1
oGsTheWind <> GoldenfOu 2:1
netherDrake
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Singapore1831 Posts
November 22 2010 08:45 GMT
#206
On November 22 2010 17:44 FuRong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 17:39 KashmirAZ wrote:
On November 22 2010 17:16 Terr wrote:
At fist I was like "GO NesTea, Sen And Maka!" but then i realized that if both NesTea and Sen win they will have to fight each other in the next round and I doubt Sen will win against NesTea...
I feel bad for Sen


Sen's zvz is pretty good, hes the one I studied when I was trying to learn it. Then again any ZvZ is just a complete crapshoot anyways.


I dunno if "pretty good" is gonna cut it against Nestea's ZvZ. Sen has been owning up the Korean ladder, but I'm not sure if he's ready to take (arguably) the world's best current ZvZ player in a bo3.

Anyway, he still has to make the ro32 first so maybe we should focus on that first =/


It's really hard to tell who's best at ZvZ.

From results, I would guess Nestea has the best ZvZ in the world right now, but its a coinflip.
SC2 player for Flash eSports. twitch.tv/nether_drake, https://twitter.com/bryan_sum, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bryan-Drake-Sum/468389706519567
Hurfdurf
Profile Joined November 2010
United States45 Posts
November 22 2010 08:46 GMT
#207
I haven't the faintest idea on who would win, but I'd really love to see it happen. Same with Ret vs Jinro
The only thing that shuts my pie hole is pie.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 08:48:19
November 22 2010 08:46 GMT
#208
Lots of ZvT tonight.... I miss Fruit Dealer season 1 ZvT which consisted of ultras and infestors..... Anyone follow me on that? ZvT is primarily mutabaneling and roaches now.... which is entertaining but not EVERY single ZvT that is played... I miss Fruitdealer's ZvT who would get some mutas.... apply enough pressure to tech and drone to Ultra/Infestor.... where battles were INSANE.... Honestly the games I see people lose to terran I think... shoulda went the oldschool FD style.

EDIT: So glad they put all the Foreign matches at the earlier time. Now I wont sleep at 4 everytime!!!!
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
November 22 2010 08:51 GMT
#209
On November 22 2010 17:44 FuRong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 17:39 KashmirAZ wrote:
On November 22 2010 17:16 Terr wrote:
At fist I was like "GO NesTea, Sen And Maka!" but then i realized that if both NesTea and Sen win they will have to fight each other in the next round and I doubt Sen will win against NesTea...
I feel bad for Sen


Sen's zvz is pretty good, hes the one I studied when I was trying to learn it. Then again any ZvZ is just a complete crapshoot anyways.


I dunno if "pretty good" is gonna cut it against Nestea's ZvZ. Sen has been owning up the Korean ladder, but I'm not sure if he's ready to take (arguably) the world's best current ZvZ player in a bo3.

Anyway, he still has to make the ro32 first so maybe we should focus on that first =/

Yeah, I agree with that. NesTea's ZvZ looks pretty amazing if you ask me.
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
theMarkovian
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands183 Posts
November 22 2010 08:54 GMT
#210
On November 22 2010 17:37 Kultom wrote:
Is Ret's full first name Joseph, i thought Jos was a common hollandisches name. http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens3/schedule/


Yes, "Jos" is a common dutch name. But it is originally short for "Joseph" and it is still that way in some families. Most parents just called their son "Jos", but some give them a full name of "Joseph", shortened to "Jos", mostly as a homage to forefathers (where "Joseph" was the standard) or because of religious reasons.
Hit me up ingame! ID: Markovian.126; Diamond@EU
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
November 22 2010 08:55 GMT
#211
You know what GO SEN!!!

All who predict against him aren't true foreigners...
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
November 22 2010 08:55 GMT
#212
On November 22 2010 17:17 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 16:26 LeaD wrote:
On November 22 2010 16:22 Logros wrote:
On November 22 2010 16:20 LeaD wrote:
On November 22 2010 16:17 Logros wrote:
On November 22 2010 15:49 lol12tree wrote:
GSL 3 QUALIFIER THOUGHTS INTERVIEW

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1063356808


+ Show Spoiler +

oGsMC (P)
Q. Protoss isn’t doing very well.
A. In in-house leagues, I feel that protoss is very hard to play. Zerg became stronger, and PvT became more of a build order risk.

sCfOu (T)
Q. Your goal for this season?
A. I want to advance to the finals. I think I should be fine as long as I don’t play zergs. After the patch, TvZ became too difficult.

cOreZenith (P)
Q. Protoss hasn’t been doing well in the last 2 seasons.
A. They have to nerf marauders. They should also return the old range of 3 to roaches. I also wish they would bring back the old zealots. Protoss is so hard.

TSL_GuineaPig (P)
Q. How were this season’s qualifiers?
A. I played a mirror match-up 3 times. I had to play my weakest PvZ so I thought I would fail, but I’m glad that I won.

NEXChoa (P)
Q. Are you confident about the main event?
A. I’m confident in PvT but playing against zerg is difficult. I want to avoid PvZ’s as much as possible.

Cyrano (P)
Q. What is your goal this season?
A. My goal was to go through the qualifiers, but I’m greedier now. I want to make it to the round of 32 at least and play against a zerg rather than a protoss. I’m worried that all zerg players are very good though.

MekaPrime (T)
Q. It feels like your TvZ has gotten worse.
A. I regret the fact that I didn’t practice enough, but games can go either way, so I shouldn’t be disappointed by it.

IMJunwiPrime (Z)
Q. You chose zerg after playing random.
A. I was initially going to qualify as terran, but I couldn’t handle TvT. I then tried to play protoss, but PvZ was too difficult. So zerg was the only race left. I actually registered as protoss, but changed to zerg at the last minute. My protoss teammates hate me for that.

GuMihofOu (R)
Q. Is there a race that you are better at?
A. The zerg is doing well recently and it’s my most confident race. It tends to change every patch.

jookToJung (Z)
Q. What do you think about the zerg buff in the recent patch?
A. I personally can't believe the current balance in TvZ right now, zerg is way too overpowered.

aLivefOu (T)
Q. Are you confident about the main event?
A. I already told people that if I make it through today, I will get Code S and advance to the final. I think I can even win if I refine my TvZ.

FOX_Bless a.k.a. Lyn (T)
Q. Did you refine your TvP?
A. It's my most confident match-up. People around me know me for my TvP, but I lost last time, because I made a mistake.

IMmvp (T)
Q. You're known to have very strong TvZ.
A. After I got knocked out, I became a 'terran QQ'. TvZ is very difficult, actually, TvP is very difficult too. I want 'terran QQ' to be my concept.

SlayerS_BoxeR (T)
Q. We are expecting a strong showing from zergs this season.
A. Zergs found a way to win even with smaller sample of representation. Now, more zergs are participating, because zerg became better. I hope that trend continues, so that the development team realizes something is wrong. I really hope zergs have a strong showing, but I hope I'm not one of their preys.

ST_Steak a.k.a. JulyZerg (Z)
Q. The patch must have helped the zergs.
A. I think the balance right now is fine, but other terrans and protosses don't seem to think so. You have to admit that zerg was underpowered in the beginning. Terran and protoss should be able to adjust as time passes, just like zerg did.

CheckPrime (Z)
Q. You were one of the bigger 'zerg QQ's.
A. I got flamed too much, so I think I'll stay quiet for now. I heard that zerg has qualified the most so far, so I guess zerg is strong now.


NEXGenius (P)
Q. What makes it so hard to play?
A. Terrans are grabbing timing windows too quickly. They don't let the protoss be alone in the early game. Zerg is hard to play against because of the recent patch.

If Zerg is going to dominate again this season the shit is gonna hit the fan.


Again?

Yeah Zerg won the last 2 GSL even when underrepresented, now we have almost 2x the number of Zerg.


You mean the one Zerg and the three Terran in the final four of the past two GSL? That sounds like clear domination to me.


There were so many Zerg they ended up eliminating one another in mirror matches. And whether there was 2 or 1 Zerg depended on Foxer beating Kyrix, which he barely pulled off. As Kyrix himself said after winning All Stars: "Zerg is way overpowered."


In GSL2 there were 4 ZvZ (RO32, 2xRO16, RO8), 10 TvT (5xRO64, 2xRO32, RO16, RO8, RO4) and 2 PvP (RO64, RO16).
Amount of zergs in the different rounds went 15 -> 11 -> 7 -> 3 -> 1 -> 1
Protoss went 20 -> 8 -> 3 -> 1 -> 0 -> 0
Terran went 29 -> 13 -> 6 -> 4 -> 3 -> 1

We'll see how it goes this season.
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
kvn4444
Profile Joined September 2010
1510 Posts
November 22 2010 08:56 GMT
#213
tough road for sen if he wins today which he should. Nestea showed the best zvz in the gsl's thus far. I'll pull for him though because he seems like quite the character in all those fnatic vids at mlg hehe. Other matches are also pretty straightforward all clear favorites i would say.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 22 2010 08:58 GMT
#214
SEn(try) IMBA!!!!!!!

if he wins i will be so happy :D!
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Aetherial
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia917 Posts
November 22 2010 09:03 GMT
#215
An hour out and the Gomtv website is already dying.
PirateFX
Profile Joined October 2010
Malaysia252 Posts
November 22 2010 09:03 GMT
#216
Time to kick some ass SEN!!
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
November 22 2010 09:22 GMT
#217
Is it bad that I voted for every Zerg EXCEPT ZergBong?
HollowLord
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3862 Posts
November 22 2010 09:23 GMT
#218
On November 22 2010 18:22 Dosey wrote:
Is it bad that I voted for every Zerg EXCEPT ZergBong?

Yes.
Yes it is.
dota 2 stream #noskill #feed #noob twitch.tv/dmcredgrave
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
November 22 2010 09:23 GMT
#219
are there gonna be more pre-show shenanigans? or do the games start right on time later?
SovSov
Profile Joined September 2010
United States755 Posts
November 22 2010 09:24 GMT
#220
GZL

Put it together yourself!
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 164 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 218
ProTech137
Nina 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20580
Dewaltoss 142
Bale 49
ZergMaN 26
Mong 21
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 742
Other Games
summit1g11444
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Lourlo1165
• Rush1032
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 29m
Replay Cast
17h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.