• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:40
CEST 01:40
KST 08:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8785 users

New England Octoberfest LAN! - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
October 10 2010 22:02 GMT
#21
On October 11 2010 05:45 JTWStephens wrote:
Any word on what maps we're going to be using?

I'm really, really in favor of going 100% iccup maps and I think most players will agree.

I would definitely like to see some ICCup maps used as well. Maybe not 100%, but at least one or two.
Just let us know in advance so we can get some practice in...
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
October 11 2010 00:02 GMT
#22
Righton guys, realize i didnt include a map pool. i will update it in about 20 minutes or less.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
October 11 2010 00:05 GMT
#23
MyFail more like it amirite
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 00:17:06
October 11 2010 00:12 GMT
#24
Updated the map pool guys, and calm down CryinRushia AMIRITE?

I put these maps in because #1 it will spice up the usual map pool a bit and hopefully everyone wont choose metalopolis every single round.

#2 I would like to go w/ nothing but iCCup maps, however it will be a hastle searching for them and hosting them and getting everyone to practice on them... some cuz can only rly practice in the ladder so all of the maps coming from a place not in the ladder might hurt more than help.

So yea i just wanted to change things up a bit, but also not include crappy imbalanced maps like kulas ravine and desert oasis.

If someone has a suggestion of a map that should be removed and a different one added, and everyone agrees i can possibly change it but for now the maps ive selected are the map pool so get to practicing fellas!
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
October 11 2010 00:17 GMT
#25
hahha you know it babe... seeya on the 30th!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
October 11 2010 04:20 GMT
#26
cant wait, hope it fills. if u guys know anyone around the area, give them the link for this, i need 20 people by the 24th, otherwise the date moves to the 13th of nov
trevf
Profile Joined May 2010
United States237 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 12:35:29
October 11 2010 12:31 GMT
#27
Suggestion: First round by given to best costume!

Though I anticipate spending my halloween weekend indulging in deplorable activities this seems a healthy alternative.

Edit: I am taking time to consider this, I'd go for sure for the November 13th but would am thinking halloween weekend might be a good time to get together with old friends and I have a corporate retreat the weekend of the sat 7th.

Question about bringing PC: Wireless or ethernet communication?
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
October 11 2010 14:15 GMT
#28
i believe, both wireless and ethernet are available, they just moved locations so i will have to call and make sure but im guessing he probably just moved his router from the old place too the new place lol so im sure its both just like last time.
JTWStephens
Profile Joined August 2010
United States60 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 19:43:49
October 11 2010 19:35 GMT
#29
Gotta say, I'm kind of saddened by the map pool. I understand where you're coming from, but atm nearly every map in the pool is small and loaded with cliffs. And Lost Temple, really? No Xel'naga? No Scrap Station? Every game is going to become a 10 minute all-in timing push imo.
Novice.965
andrae
Profile Joined July 2010
United States13 Posts
October 11 2010 23:16 GMT
#30
might show up to this but im not sure about playing in the tournament, ive skipped the past few new england lans you guys have done cuz ive just been too busy to play sc2 lately
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
October 12 2010 02:45 GMT
#31
hm so actually if my vote ocunts id prefer this on november 13th...
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
October 12 2010 04:48 GMT
#32
I will definitely be there. I may be bringing others to play or to spectate. I'm not sure as of yet.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
October 12 2010 09:32 GMT
#33
I didn't see mylife on skype last night. But I'll bug him today when/if I see him and we can see if there are any maps that don't seem too tilted to one side or the other.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
JTWStephens
Profile Joined August 2010
United States60 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-12 11:31:34
October 12 2010 11:30 GMT
#34
On October 12 2010 18:32 Drogith wrote:
I didn't see mylife on skype last night. But I'll bug him today when/if I see him and we can see if there are any maps that don't seem too tilted to one side or the other.


There are a few Blizzard maps. Obviously Metalopolis, but also Xel'Naga [ironically, both of these maps are in the iccup map pool - what do you think that means?]. I realize it'll take everyone a couple hours to learn a few iccup maps, but I mean hell, many of us are driving in from out of state and we're all committing hours of our time to the LAN, shouldn't we at least have fun, balanced games?
Novice.965
kxhai
Profile Joined May 2010
United States12 Posts
October 12 2010 11:54 GMT
#35
What's with the terrible map pool?
trevf
Profile Joined May 2010
United States237 Posts
October 12 2010 12:51 GMT
#36
Map Pool looks good to me... I see a zerg that doesn't wanna get cliffed on lost temple though
Miiike
Profile Joined July 2010
United States141 Posts
October 12 2010 13:32 GMT
#37
Ack - trying to convince the GF to let me off the hook for this party to head up from Boston... Will know soon.
gdoOso.448 | LoL NA: Osogrande | DotA 2: GDO.Oso
Scorcher2k
Profile Joined November 2009
United States802 Posts
October 12 2010 14:19 GMT
#38
I'd say change the map pool up a bit too. Iccup maps would be awesome and if people want to practice for the tourny it isn't hard at all to find them.
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
October 12 2010 19:21 GMT
#39
As a Zerg, that map-pool is absolutely terrifying in a Bo1, veto style.

As soon as Metal gets down-voted, I have no maps I would even want to play on.



Also, as to finding the ICCup Maps, just go into "Host Custom Game" and search for ICCup, they will come up right away.
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
October 12 2010 20:56 GMT
#40
Ill give a tentative yes. I would love to go to a tournament, but at the same time, Halloween parties are awesome so I bit divided.
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE144
PiGStarcraft110
CosmosSc2 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 539
Rain 242
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever625
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox218
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5409
Other Games
summit1g7797
shahzam571
JimRising 487
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS84
Trikslyr49
Maynarde43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick747
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen186
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
20m
PiGStarcraft130
Kung Fu Cup
11h 20m
Stellar Fest
13h 20m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.