• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9951 users

[G] PvZ Cheese: Dark Templar Expand Redux

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-27 09:04:23
September 13 2012 23:13 GMT
#1
--- Nuked ---
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
September 13 2012 23:18 GMT
#2
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 03:07 AGIANTSMURF wrote:
the problem with a build like this arises when the zerg is smart and defends your dt's, then follows up with a large roach push (with overseers of course) and your sentry count is abysmally low so you just flat out die.

This is exactly why I transition directly into a Robotics Facility. I should have enough Force Fields to buy myself time to get Immortals out on the field and at that point Sentry/Immortal/Stalker > Roaches. I've not experienced hardcore Roach timing-attacks enough to judge how that would pan out, but against some of the moderate Roach pressure responses I've seen I've never had a problem.

I want to emphasize this. I don't believe it's possible to defend a roach counter if your opponent defends the dts perfectly. It has more to do with delayed sentries with low energy/low gas count rather than immortal timing. See Inca vs Nestea GSL finals.
Moderator
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 23:29:31
September 13 2012 23:28 GMT
#3
--- Nuked ---
INTquovadis
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada55 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 00:30:21
September 14 2012 00:30 GMT
#4
this is the kind of thing i'll try from time to time vs friends who know i always FFE and never scout me until 7 mins

ty lol
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
September 14 2012 00:42 GMT
#5
your previous thread has that comment about zerg will know you are upto something.

Basically even if you don't show the unit count, as long as you have a late expo, any standard safe zerg opening will have evo chamber at good timing and will sac overlord in to check whether you are going for some sort of warp prism 4 gate or dts or stargate.

Zerg doesn't necessary need to grab that quick third if you delay your natural for so long anyway.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 01:00:37
September 14 2012 01:00 GMT
#6
I like dt into void ray. Ideally, try to keep it at 2 base vs 2 base for a while. I rarely ever make sentries in the early game, as I would prefer that, that gas goes to something that kills things. Even if they manage to get 3 quick bases with ridic fast spores, their lair is so late that you have map control forever. Personally, I never really care if someone knows what's coming. That said, put me down as fan of those openings.
foutre
Profile Joined August 2012
30 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 08:23:29
September 14 2012 08:22 GMT
#7
On September 14 2012 09:42 ETisME wrote:
your previous thread has that comment about zerg will know you are upto something.

Basically even if you don't show the unit count, as long as you have a late expo, any standard safe zerg opening will have evo chamber at good timing and will sac overlord in to check whether you are going for some sort of warp prism 4 gate or dts or stargate.

Zerg doesn't necessary need to grab that quick third if you delay your natural for so long anyway.


I think this is an awfully important point. As a diamond zerg, I've been seeing a lot of Protoss open dts or double stargate. In fact, whenever there is a late expansion or a gateway opening without an accompanying push, I've found it's absolutely safe to assume that my opponent is going one of the two and I preemptively throw down a spore at each base.

I think cheese is all very well and good, but this has become a bit too common on ladder to be that viable, even with the tendency towards eco openings. I've found that the only dt builds that work do a better job of hiding the fact that they are rushing dts (by faking a normal expand, denying scouting, etc. etc.)

Also, w/r/t transitioning from dts to star gate, I don't see how that makes sense. The point of a tech transition is that it takes the game in a direction that's good for you, or that your opponent isn't ready for. By forcing spores out of your opponent you're making them counter your own build... Especially if they're going for a roach max anyway. Whenever my opponents do this I can just defend with spores, take out the enemy nexus and tech with my roaches (just ignoring the tickly void rays) and then transition to hydra roach and end the game.
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 10:56:12
September 14 2012 09:12 GMT
#8
Ooooh, gonna try this variant out, sounds fun.

I have recently stopped building gateway/cybercore at the ramp at all, and just building them behind the minerals or around my nexus, to save on mining time, and to make 6 pools even easier to deal with. This isn't a problem because as you say no-one opens with speedlings before expand, so getting them out your base if they do for some reason build slow lings (which they never do), isn't a problem.

Have you tried that? saves on minerals, and then i build my second pylon at the ramp as my worker scouts, and my second gate there leaving a archon allowed gap which 1 perfectly placed zealot can block.


PS: Congrats on masters mate

Edit:
First game i've played, made the build order up as i went along, although i think it was pretty smooth, the great thing is you have units so that you can take the watch tower so as to get a probe out to build i proxy pylon. Mine was 15 seconds late, and despite this he had no detection and GG.

http://drop.sc/252338

So in answer to many of the comments, people seem to have forgotten the timing on the DT shrine from a gateway expand. Theoretically this shouldn't work, but because people are greedy it can do.

Basically, to give an analogy for the people who haven't considered this: If no-one EVER did proxy raxes, there would be no reason to scout around at all, even though they COULD do it, becase no-one do it would be pointless to scout around and so it would be better not to. Same thing with zergs and evo chamber timings.
The world is ending what should we do about it?
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
September 14 2012 12:39 GMT
#9
--- Nuked ---
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
September 14 2012 12:44 GMT
#10
On September 14 2012 21:39 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 09:42 ETisME wrote:
your previous thread has that comment about zerg will know you are upto something.

Basically even if you don't show the unit count, as long as you have a late expo, any standard safe zerg opening will have evo chamber at good timing and will sac overlord in to check whether you are going for some sort of warp prism 4 gate or dts or stargate.

Zerg doesn't necessary need to grab that quick third if you delay your natural for so long anyway.

The previous thread wasn't mine, someone else wrote that guide.

I play Gate/Core openings a lot in the PvZ match-up and by far the most common response is attempting to take a fast third base using Speedlings or Roaches (or both) to defend against Zealot/Sentry pokes. The Zerg player cannot afford the time nor the resources to get an Evolution Chamber or a Lair if they're planning to do this, nor will they have enough time to get a Spore Crawler up at their third base even if they did go for an Evolution Chamber, all of which leaves them incredibly open to Dark Templar harassment. At the very least they lose their third base, which is definitely worth the cost of 2 Dark Templar when you compare it to the cost of the standard Zealot/Sentry poke that aims to do the exact same thing (cancel the third base). This is the opening that this build is designed to punish and this can be seen in my replay vs. AGǂZagitoutw.

The safe option against a Gate/Core opening is for the Zerg player to go for some sort of 2 Base Lair build and I do see this fairly often when I open Gate/Core. The problem for the Zerg player in this situation is that it leaves them 2 Base vs. 2 Base against a Protoss opponent who hasn't sacrificed Probe production (relative to other Gate/Core openings) in order to hit their Dark Templar timing. Even if the Dark Templar don't do damage they will still scout what is going on and they will also give the Protoss map control, which means that the Protoss player should have plenty of time to react to what will likely be a Mutalisk follow-up.

In neither of the above situations is the Protoss player economically far behind a standard Gate/Core Sentry Expand using this opening because they don't sacrifice Probe production to hit their Dark Templar timing. The real problem for a Protoss player using this opening is that they've sacrificed unit count to hit their Dark Templar timing. The reponse Protoss players need to fear when using this opening is not the safe, macro response because they can deal with that just fine if they respond correctly. The response Protoss players need to fear is a dedicated counter all-in.

Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 10:00 playa wrote:
I like dt into void ray. Ideally, try to keep it at 2 base vs 2 base for a while. I rarely ever make sentries in the early game, as I would prefer that, that gas goes to something that kills things. Even if they manage to get 3 quick bases with ridic fast spores, their lair is so late that you have map control forever. Personally, I never really care if someone knows what's coming. That said, put me down as fan of those openings.

Air is a terrible transition after a Dark Templar opening since your Dark Templar already force the opponent to get Spore Crawlers, which happen to be really good against Protoss air units. Even if they didn't use Spore Crawlers to defend against your Dark Templar, you will still need either Blink Stalkers (vs. 2 Base Mutalisk) or a Robotics Facility (vs. 2/3 Base Roach) if you plan on getting through the mid-game without dying.

Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 18:12 Surili wrote:
Ooooh, gonna try this variant out, sounds fun.

I have recently stopped building gateway/cybercore at the ramp at all, and just building them behind the minerals or around my nexus, to save on mining time, and to make 6 pools even easier to deal with. This isn't a problem because as you say no-one opens with speedlings before expand, so getting them out your base if they do for some reason build slow lings (which they never do), isn't a problem.

Have you tried that? saves on minerals, and then i build my second pylon at the ramp as my worker scouts, and my second gate there leaving a archon allowed gap which 1 perfectly placed zealot can block.

PS: Congrats on masters mate

I sometimes do that in PvR(Z) because I don't want my stuff at the top of my ramp in PvR(T) and PvR(P), but I personally feel much more comfortable walling off my ramp when I know the opponent is a Zerg. I think it all comes down to what you're personally comfortable with because it doesn't really make much difference in the long-run.

And thanks! I've been straddling that high Diamond/low Masters threshold for a while now so it's nice to finally get promoted. I don't think I've gotten much better, I guess I'm just being rewarded for consistency



I did agree with you before, but having done it over and over again, i haven't had a single game where afterward i felt i should have had a wall off in my main. It just makes it harder if they go mutas also.
The world is ending what should we do about it?
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
September 14 2012 12:47 GMT
#11
The wall in the main does help if they do some wierd and silly ling allin or super fast baneling bust off 14/14. Other than that yeah, it's actually overrated and especially these days you can get by without a wall off.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
September 14 2012 13:35 GMT
#12
On September 14 2012 21:47 Teoita wrote:
The wall in the main does help if they do some wierd and silly ling allin or super fast baneling bust off 14/14. Other than that yeah, it's actually overrated and especially these days you can get by without a wall off.

But these can be scouted with the probe. Please give me specific examples where i wouldn't just beat it by having early sentries like you do off a 2 gate expo?
The world is ending what should we do about it?
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
September 14 2012 14:34 GMT
#13
Zerg won't take his third before your natural goes down, and based on the timing he'll know you're doing some kind of tech. Basically the only 1-base tech that makes sense is DTs or void rays. Spores counter these pretty good.
hundred thousand krouner
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 15:19:53
September 14 2012 15:06 GMT
#14
--- Nuked ---
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
September 14 2012 15:16 GMT
#15
I've started double gas 4gating zergs who take 4 minutes thirds on some maps (works really well on daybreak). Double gas 4gates work really well, because you have lots of probes, so you can do almost pure stalkers, and then warp in whatever is necessary. Zergs really need to learn to play against gateway openings properly. Seriously, the shit i would pull out in a best of 7 in PvZ, i know so many builds like this, and my macro game is pretty okay too
The world is ending what should we do about it?
AGIANTSMURF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1232 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 16:12:01
September 14 2012 16:08 GMT
#16
On September 14 2012 08:18 monk. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 03:07 AGIANTSMURF wrote:
the problem with a build like this arises when the zerg is smart and defends your dt's, then follows up with a large roach push (with overseers of course) and your sentry count is abysmally low so you just flat out die.

This is exactly why I transition directly into a Robotics Facility. I should have enough Force Fields to buy myself time to get Immortals out on the field and at that point Sentry/Immortal/Stalker > Roaches. I've not experienced hardcore Roach timing-attacks enough to judge how that would pan out, but against some of the moderate Roach pressure responses I've seen I've never had a problem.

I want to emphasize this. I don't believe it's possible to defend a roach counter if your opponent defends the dts perfectly. It has more to do with delayed sentries with low energy/low gas count rather than immortal timing. See Inca vs Nestea GSL finals.


I want to emphasize his emphasis of my point. This game is no where near as simple as ""Get a robo out in time for immortals to stop a roach push"" your not going to be able to make DT's AND make more than 2-3 sentries (Which wont have energy because you made them late to make dt's) AND get a robo out in good time AND have more than maybe 1 immortal by the time 30 roaches arrive at your base and boom. your dead.

1 base tech builds that rely on the zerg being caught off guard/unable to scout are just straight up bad at this point in the meta game.

Any smart zerg will get an evo chamber + spore vs. any kind of 1 base double gas opening from P.

This may work out for you in platinum league and below but I guarantee you this build would never succeed ever in higher levels of play



On September 15 2012 00:06 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 23:34 Zheryn wrote:
Zerg won't take his third before your natural goes down, and based on the timing he'll know you're doing some kind of tech. Basically the only 1-base tech that makes sense is DTs or void rays. Spores counter these pretty good.

You're really underestimating the number of all-ins a Protoss can do after opening Gate/Core. Here are some that you missed:
  • 3/4 Gate Blink
  • 3/4 Gate Blink Obs
  • 4 Gate Immortal
  • 4 Gate Warp-Prism
  • 5 Gate Zealot/Sentry
Besides, like I said in the guide, this is a cheese build for a reason. It relies somewhat on tricking your opponent into thinking that you're opening with a 2 Gate Sentry Expand due to the expansion timings being fairly similar. If they fall for it and go for what seems to be the common response to a 2 Gate Sentry Expand (Speedling/Roach -> Third Base) then they're going to lose their third base at the very least.

The exact same thing was true of the old Dark Templar Expand as it also relied on tricking the opponent into thinking that you were opening with a Sentry-based expansion. All I've really done with this guide is update the Dark Templar Expand so that it works alongside the up-to-date 2 Gate Sentry Expand instead of the outdated 3 Gate Sentry Expand, and so that it also takes advantage of some of the metagame changes that have happened since the 3 Gate Sentry Expand was popular.



The problem with your logic here is that ALL of the builds you mentioned can be defend with 2-3 hatch speedlings + a few queens and some spines. the zerg doesnt have to deviate much at all to defend the various all-ins from P which makes their follow up / w.e response they decide on after the fact that much more powerful.
Thats "Grand-Master" SMURF to you.....
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
September 14 2012 16:27 GMT
#17
On September 15 2012 01:08 AGIANTSMURF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 08:18 monk. wrote:
On June 08 2012 03:07 AGIANTSMURF wrote:
the problem with a build like this arises when the zerg is smart and defends your dt's, then follows up with a large roach push (with overseers of course) and your sentry count is abysmally low so you just flat out die.

This is exactly why I transition directly into a Robotics Facility. I should have enough Force Fields to buy myself time to get Immortals out on the field and at that point Sentry/Immortal/Stalker > Roaches. I've not experienced hardcore Roach timing-attacks enough to judge how that would pan out, but against some of the moderate Roach pressure responses I've seen I've never had a problem.

I want to emphasize this. I don't believe it's possible to defend a roach counter if your opponent defends the dts perfectly. It has more to do with delayed sentries with low energy/low gas count rather than immortal timing. See Inca vs Nestea GSL finals.


I want to emphasize his emphasis of my point. This game is no where near as simple as ""Get a robo out in time for immortals to stop a roach push"" your not going to be able to make DT's AND make more than 2-3 sentries (Which wont have energy because you made them late to make dt's) AND get a robo out in good time AND have more than maybe 1 immortal by the time 30 roaches arrive at your base and boom. your dead.

1 base tech builds that rely on the zerg being caught off guard/unable to scout are just straight up bad at this point in the meta game.

Any smart zerg will get an evo chamber + spore vs. any kind of 1 base double gas opening from P.

This may work out for you in platinum league and below but I guarantee you this build would never succeed ever in higher levels of play


Why do you say stuff like this? Saying it doesn't make it true, and both I and the OP are masters level protosses who say it can work and have tested it, as opposed to you, who is simply theory crafting and acting like anyone who ever goes dts must be terrible, and anyone who dies to it must be twice as bad. Get off your high horse and talk like a real person.

Yes, if the DTs do 0 damage, and he goes for a roach counter, you may be in trouble, but every opening you do in starcraft is going to have its positives and negatives, this one has to do damage, or at least by time, so that you can get cannons/immortals.
The world is ending what should we do about it?
TyrionSC2
Profile Joined November 2010
United States411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 16:52:49
September 14 2012 16:51 GMT
#18
As a mid master zerg (1100pt) I think this is terrible lol.
This is extremely easy to scout for and prepare for.
If they notice you don't forge expand and just take gas you will make your first evo for +1 and spores before dts warp.
But hey I like free wins too.


Why do you say stuff like this? Saying it doesn't make it true, and both I and the OP are masters level protosses who say it can work and have tested it, as opposed to you, who is simply theory crafting and acting like anyone who ever goes dts must be terrible, and anyone who dies to it must be twice as bad. Get off your high horse and talk like a real person.

playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 17:03:12
September 14 2012 16:57 GMT
#19
On September 14 2012 21:39 Sated wrote:


Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 10:00 playa wrote:
I like dt into void ray. Ideally, try to keep it at 2 base vs 2 base for a while. I rarely ever make sentries in the early game, as I would prefer that, that gas goes to something that kills things. Even if they manage to get 3 quick bases with ridic fast spores, their lair is so late that you have map control forever. Personally, I never really care if someone knows what's coming. That said, put me down as fan of those openings.

Air is a terrible transition after a Dark Templar opening since your Dark Templar already force the opponent to get Spore Crawlers, which happen to be really good against Protoss air units. Even if they didn't use Spore Crawlers to defend against your Dark Templar, you will still need either Blink Stalkers (vs. 2 Base Mutalisk) or a Robotics Facility (vs. 2/3 Base Roach) if you plan on getting through the mid-game without dying.

you're personally comfortable with because it doesn't really make much difference in the long-run.


Everyone says that, but I don't get it. I have no idea why everyone assumes you make void rays to rely on harassing a zerg that has spore crawlers, like that's the only foreseeable plan. Don't make any probes after you have 15. They aren't good at attacking. You have to be able to attack or defend! That's pretty much what I hear when I see people say that. If you open dts, you're going to be vulnerable to roach counters, unless... you have 1 or 2 units that can't be attacked by units that don't shoot at air. And, then, once they have enough units to ignore always being shot at by 2 units, you can start to use DTs if need be, to stall, since you can snipe their overseers.

By simply making 2 void rays, you're able to accomplish a lot. You're able to scout their main. You're able to stop counter attacks. You're able to deny creep spread, and if you ever delay their third or kill it, the void rays will truly not enable them to get the third up in time to have a chance to recover. And, ofc, you're able to clear out any overlords that are on the map. It's complete map control, and killing overlords or forcing more spore crawlers is just money that essentially goes towards paying for your units.

If you only need to make a few units to be safe, what does it allow you to do? Tech to things that kill stuff once your period of invincibility is over. I'd rather be making immortals, colossi and a mothership than massing sentries and stalkers just to live. Have fun with that. I'm sure that's a lot stronger come mid-late game.
ins(out)side
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
220 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 17:10:25
September 14 2012 17:09 GMT
#20
Loving this guide and strategy, many thanks Sated! Back in the day when I was gold/plat I would basically go for a 3 gate expo and delay it slightly in order to get the twilight council and dark shrine. Sure, at higher levels of play, Zerg players would realize something zany was going on and so I eventually managed to refine the build to really make it look almost identical to the 3 gate fe that was so common at the time. Then I would send 3 Dt's to various locations like the main, natural, or third and start chopping drones like the delicious looking crustaceans that they are. Even with the compulsory single spore at each base or at least the main and/or nat that came into style later on, 2 DT's hacking on a spore shuts it down pretty quick.

The big thing with my (I mean, SaSe's) variation of DT expand was to keep as many DT's alive as possible no matter what. Don't sacrifice them to kill off things like evo chambers and such. MAYBE sacrifice one or two to kill the natural or 3rd hatch but you want them alive to warp into archons. Then you get like 3 or 4 archons, a shitload of zealots, and as many stalkers as you can handle and usually go and end the game. Its not unlike what you would do after going DT's in a PvP and you see them going for robo tech.

Of course since Diamond league I've not been doing builds like this and I've got a hankering for some DT's and BM! Thanks again for the guide

EDIT: The 3 gate FE/Dark Shrine build I mention above I got from watching SaSe's stream several months ago. Just had to give credit where credit is due.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 524
UpATreeSC 107
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 994
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 83
Zeus 68
Trap 40
910 40
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 21
NaDa 20
JYJ 16
[ Show more ]
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6294
420jenkins229
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1389
edward200
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS142
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2016
Other Games
summit1g5051
Grubby3011
Beastyqt693
B2W.Neo613
byalli403
shahzam283
C9.Mang0155
KnowMe155
TKL 140
Railgan15
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV266
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur351
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 23m
Stellar Fest
17h 23m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.