• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:05
CEST 23:05
KST 06:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9603 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 304

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 302 303 304 305 306 900 Next
LisKelicious
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany36 Posts
July 31 2011 01:27 GMT
#6061
How 2 become a featured Streamer? I just have 2 be online alot ??
...
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 31 2011 01:32 GMT
#6062
On July 31 2011 10:27 LisKelicious wrote:
How 2 become a featured Streamer? I just have 2 be online alot ??

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=175682&currentpage=30
This is probably the thread to ask it in.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
blinkblue
Profile Joined May 2010
United States119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-31 02:35:43
July 31 2011 02:08 GMT
#6063
I've gotten into a debate with some people on another forum about 2rax vs 3gate void all-in.

People are saying "but if you go reactor first, you should have enough marines to deal with the void" but I've seen -tons- of replays on sc2rep of solid koreans as well as foreigners getting absolutely demolished (for example, poltprime, boxer, etc.)

So, is 2rax really supposed to be able to defend against 3gate void without being pretty far behind? It seems like the protoss has been ahead every time I've ever seen the matchup of builds.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 31 2011 02:32 GMT
#6064
On July 31 2011 10:27 LisKelicious wrote:
How 2 become a featured Streamer? I just have 2 be online alot ??

I'd say first you have to be a notable player, whether it be a coach of a popular team, performance in major tournaments or have a large following of people who watch your stream.

Second I'd recommend n0t t9p1ng l1k3 th@t.
Check out the thread linked.


On July 31 2011 11:08 blinkblue wrote:
I've gotten into a debate with some people on another forum about 2rax vs 3gate void all-in.

For example, Jinro vs Choya today at MLG, Choya absolutely stomps Jinro with 3gate void, and even starts an expansion later on in the game.

Other people are saying "but if you go reactor first, you should have enough marines to deal with the void" but I've seen -tons- of replays on sc2rep of solid koreans as well as foreigners getting absolutely demolished (for example, poltprime, boxer, etc.)

So, is 2rax really supposed to be able to defend against 3gate void without being pretty far behind? It seems like the protoss has been ahead every time I've ever seen the matchup of builds.


Jinro's response was correct. His control was not. Also that wasn't an all in. It cannot be classed as all in if you expand behind it. Marines, bunkers and not putting supply depots at your ramp are all part of holding off a void ray all in. As with most early timing attacks/cheeses/all ins it all comes down to a battle of control.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
blinkblue
Profile Joined May 2010
United States119 Posts
July 31 2011 02:35 GMT
#6065
Oops, jinro didn't 2rax that match.

But I have seen tons of korean replays where 2rax gets stomped by 3gate void, and it doesnt seem to be from lack of micro.
Chutoro
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand95 Posts
July 31 2011 05:08 GMT
#6066
In ZvT, what is the proper response to a one base marine-marauder stim timing attack, assuming I scout it correctly and see it move out?

I generally mass speedlings and try to set up for a flank; however, with the number of drones I have when the push begins (26-28) I can't make just lings off two bases without floating minerals. Should I be dropping some spines too? If so, roughly at what timing? (My experience has been that they complete too late if I make them reactively). I assume macro hatchery isn't the answer as it's 300 minerals and I will probably be dead before it becomes useful.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-31 05:21:17
July 31 2011 05:15 GMT
#6067
On July 31 2011 14:08 Chutoro wrote:
In ZvT, what is the proper response to a one base marine-marauder stim timing attack, assuming I scout it correctly and see it move out?

I generally mass speedlings and try to set up for a flank; however, with the number of drones I have when the push begins (26-28) I can't make just lings off two bases without floating minerals. Should I be dropping some spines too? If so, roughly at what timing? (My experience has been that they complete too late if I make them reactively). I assume macro hatchery isn't the answer as it's 300 minerals and I will probably be dead before it becomes useful.

In my experience, proper injects will allow you to get so many zerglings out by the time the attack hits that it makes one base bio play by terran in TvZ just look stupid, and completely ineffective (because it is). You might not be so solid with your injects, and even if you aren't then you should be able to get a few banelings out by the time stim completes. Or you may not scout it in time, ideally you should be able to see the tech lab on the barracks with the scouting drone and when you don't see a reaper or hellions, be able to make the conjecture that it is a bio timing.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Morbidius
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil3449 Posts
July 31 2011 09:03 GMT
#6068
What would be a good timing attack to follow up a 1rax expand vs protoss?
I feel like my overall TVP game plan is just make a 200/200 and attack and i`d like to find another way to play the match up.
Has foreign StarCraft hit rock bottom?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 31 2011 12:13 GMT
#6069
On July 31 2011 18:03 Elementsu wrote:
What would be a good timing attack to follow up a 1rax expand vs protoss?
I feel like my overall TVP game plan is just make a 200/200 and attack and i`d like to find another way to play the match up.


Honestly can't say anything from just the details you have given. There's various transitions from 1 Rax fe which all have slightly different potential to attack against various builds Protoss is doing.
XyNN
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria2 Posts
July 31 2011 12:45 GMT
#6070
How do I kill stealthed enemies without a detector?
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
July 31 2011 12:58 GMT
#6071
On July 31 2011 21:45 XyNN wrote:
How do I kill stealthed enemies without a detector?

Anything that does splash/aoe can hit cloaked units you cannot detect. For example you can target your own units with hellions to do splash and hit the cloaked unit. Sounds retarded but a practical application would be to kill off creep tumors you missed.

EMP and fungal will temporarily reveal cloaked units.
pasimito
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland5 Posts
July 31 2011 15:39 GMT
#6072
Hi all. I want to ask if someone could paste link to proper executed 3gate into expand in current patch. Also i want to ask what is a proper benchmark for this build in like 16 minutes, how much probes what army should i have in 16 minutes if you can go w/o any aggresion?
benthekid
Profile Joined March 2011
United States132 Posts
July 31 2011 16:43 GMT
#6073
whats the fastest way to get siege mode to stop the early baneling busts that are so frequent these days. Would gas first into an early second gas be best? Is it better to start the tank or siege mode first? Does anyone have a build order that rushes to siege mode.
"Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA (back in WoL) (Funny how it's still true)
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 31 2011 16:57 GMT
#6074
On August 01 2011 01:43 benthekid wrote:
whats the fastest way to get siege mode to stop the early baneling busts that are so frequent these days. Would gas first into an early second gas be best? Is it better to start the tank or siege mode first? Does anyone have a build order that rushes to siege mode.


Siege mode isn't your best bet. Rather get hellions and some bunkers.
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
July 31 2011 17:37 GMT
#6075
Questions about TvP:

When scouting, I stay in his base until his stalker is about to pop. What does 1 gas when his stalker pops mean? What does 2 gas mean? What does 2 gates mean? What conclusions can i draw if he has 50%+ chrono left?

When going 2 Rax Expo, if he hasn't expanded should i even try to push up the ramp with my initial poke? Should I bring 2 scvs and set up a contain with bunkers at his natural? Or should I just retreat and expand and play defensively?

At what supply, game time, or after which unit/building do i scan to decide whether to go ghosts or vikings? Should i get ghosts if I see he has 5-6 gates after his first expansion? Should I get the ghosts before or after my third command center?

In the late game, at 200/200, what is the optimal number of ghosts I want in my army? 10? 20? As many as possible? How do I deal with a protoss player who stays with mass gateway units into the lategame?

What do I do about a protoss who leaves 5-6 stalkers patrolling the edge of his main and is active enough to immediately snipe drops? Especially on maps like XNC where 5 stalkers can defend his whole main and he can just park his army by his natural, how can I harass?

If I can't harass, it seems I automatically lose to equal macro, because of the deathball advantage. Asides for multi pronged drops, is there any other way to harass?

Should I throw down an engineering bay extra fast if the protoss isn't fast expanding for fear of DTs or stargate units? If so, at what supply, game time, or after what unit/structure should I throw it down if he hasn't expanded yet?

Also, what is the counter to an early robo? Meaning, if I see he has one, should i switch my BO?

Also, do all these questions warrant their own thread?

Here is my current Build Order:

10 Depot
12 Rax
13 Gas
15 OC
15 Marine
16 Rax
16 Reactor (first rax)
17 Depot
21 Depot
21 Tech lab (second rax)
27 Concussive Shells
27 Depot
36 Poke with marines, 2marauders and concussive shells
36 Stim
40 Expand
42 Depot
46 Factory
46 2nd Gas
46 (optional) 2 bunkers at Natural
51 OC
53 Ebay
60 Depot
60 Starport
60 Reactor (factory)
65 Depot
65 Infantry Weapons level 1
65 Turret at Natural
66 Depot
68 2nd Gas
68 Combat Shields
77 Rax x2
78 Depot x3
Expand
Ghost Academy
Infantry Armor level 1
armory
ebay
more rax
etc.

Thanks to anyone who bothered to read the whole thing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
ChiLiPePa
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4 Posts
July 31 2011 17:50 GMT
#6076
Protoss Question:-

at what percentage roughly of my WG tech, should i plant my gateways so as they finish at the same time as the tech?
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
July 31 2011 18:20 GMT
#6077
On August 01 2011 02:50 ChiLiPePa wrote:
Protoss Question:-

at what percentage roughly of my WG tech, should i plant my gateways so as they finish at the same time as the tech?

Depends on Chrono usage. Load up YABOT and figure it out!
ChiLiPePa
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4 Posts
July 31 2011 19:05 GMT
#6078
On August 01 2011 03:20 CecilSunkure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 02:50 ChiLiPePa wrote:
Protoss Question:-

at what percentage roughly of my WG tech, should i plant my gateways so as they finish at the same time as the tech?

Depends on Chrono usage. Load up YABOT and figure it out!


oh yeah sorry, didnt think that one through, anyone answer my question assuming 2 chronos?
Grr Arr Rawr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States108 Posts
July 31 2011 20:10 GMT
#6079
On July 31 2011 21:45 XyNN wrote:
How do I kill stealthed enemies without a detector?


Fungal Growth will reveal cloaked AND burrowed units for the duration the spell lasts. EMP will reveal ONLY cloaked units (not burrowed) for about 7 seconds real-time (in addition to draining energy, for units that rely on energy to stealth).

As well, anything that does splash damage can be used by targetting your own units next to the cloaked ones (such as siege tanks, colossus, hellions, or even Ultralisks), and area effect spells such as Hunter Seeker Missiles, Psionic Storm, and such can also damage cloaked units.
You can't rhyme against the dark side of the Force, why even bother? So many dudes been with your mom, who even KNOWS if I'm your father!
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 31 2011 23:35 GMT
#6080
On August 01 2011 04:05 ChiLiPePa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 03:20 CecilSunkure wrote:
On August 01 2011 02:50 ChiLiPePa wrote:
Protoss Question:-

at what percentage roughly of my WG tech, should i plant my gateways so as they finish at the same time as the tech?

Depends on Chrono usage. Load up YABOT and figure it out!


oh yeah sorry, didnt think that one through, anyone answer my question assuming 2 chronos?


Depends on when you use your CB to give you a %.

Warpgate research : 160 sec
Gateway : 65 sec

So with two chronoboosts, just throw down your gateways 1min15secs after you've started WG research.
geiko.813 (EU)
Prev 1 302 303 304 305 306 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 545
ProTech159
RuFF_SC2 111
Nina 96
Liquid`TLO 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19676
Calm 2418
Mini 157
firebathero 91
soO 45
Bale 32
PianO 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7859
monkeys_forever166
canceldota31
League of Legends
Doublelift3335
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu916
Other Games
summit1g5399
FrodaN1283
Beastyqt511
shahzam458
mouzStarbuck295
B2W.Neo294
ToD213
C9.Mang0135
RotterdaM85
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King43
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1064
• Shiphtur578
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 10m
Replay Cast
1h 55m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.