• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6415 users

Warturtle's Introduction to Terran - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
April 15 2010 22:48 GMT
#21
Cool but I have absolutely zero respect for you after you spammed LZ for about an hour during his stream

:S
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
April 15 2010 22:58 GMT
#22
The recommended setting doesn't work for me at all. I hate tabbing through production buildings. I feel tabbing is slower when you just need to start one type of units, and the same when producing from all structures. Also I think it's more prone to making mistakes, pressing the wrong key at the wrong building. If that's the same for you, I use:
1 army blob
2-4 to split out spellcasters/units with abilities (tanks for example) or harassing units
5 is every cc
6-0 each type of production building on it's own key, so instead of pressing "4 tab tab tab d d" to make 2 medivacs I go "9 d d"


It has its advantages, since you see the queue of every building at once when you press the hotkey, but I like the individual hotkeys better.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
April 15 2010 23:04 GMT
#23
Nice post, some nice information in there.

imo you should evolve to Blastoise and use hydro pump.

dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-15 23:33:03
April 15 2010 23:09 GMT
#24
On April 16 2010 07:48 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Cool but I have absolutely zero respect for you after you spammed LZ for about an hour during his stream

:S

umm what?

I've never "spammed" lzgamer

Also I really am not that good, 1800 plat pre wipe, but as far as a simple guide for new players etc, I can help with that
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
NET
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States703 Posts
April 15 2010 23:29 GMT
#25
This is a cool little guide. I'm purely a Protoss player, but this is also good advice for those who want to try out Terran.
"Dark Templar are the saviors of the Protoss Race." -Artosis
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
April 15 2010 23:40 GMT
#26
On April 16 2010 08:09 dacthehork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2010 07:48 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Cool but I have absolutely zero respect for you after you spammed LZ for about an hour during his stream

:S

umm what?

I've never "spammed" lzgamer

Also I really am not that good, 1800 plat pre wipe, but as far as a simple guide for new players etc, I can help with that


All i remember is that somebody out there with the ID warturtle or wurturtle or something along those lines spammed LZ for like an entire hour on his stream.
HUGGY
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland42 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-15 23:45:04
April 15 2010 23:43 GMT
#27
This is an awesome idea. I'm really looking forward to this guide
Plz keep this guide going, I would love to improve my play, lol. Been thinking of taking up T as off-race.
cheer me on coach! (–_–) <3 u CJ!
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
April 15 2010 23:48 GMT
#28
On April 16 2010 08:40 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2010 08:09 dacthehork wrote:
On April 16 2010 07:48 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Cool but I have absolutely zero respect for you after you spammed LZ for about an hour during his stream

:S

umm what?

I've never "spammed" lzgamer

Also I really am not that good, 1800 plat pre wipe, but as far as a simple guide for new players etc, I can help with that


All i remember is that somebody out there with the ID warturtle or wurturtle or something along those lines spammed LZ for like an entire hour on his stream.

mm It must have been someone on a different Warturtle account with a different identifier. I would never waste an hour spamming LZ.
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
ohN
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1075 Posts
April 16 2010 01:04 GMT
#29
On April 16 2010 07:58 h3r1n6 wrote:
The recommended setting doesn't work for me at all. I hate tabbing through production buildings. I feel tabbing is slower when you just need to start one type of units, and the same when producing from all structures. Also I think it's more prone to making mistakes, pressing the wrong key at the wrong building. If that's the same for you, I use:
1 army blob
2-4 to split out spellcasters/units with abilities (tanks for example) or harassing units
5 is every cc
6-0 each type of production building on it's own key, so instead of pressing "4 tab tab tab d d" to make 2 medivacs I go "9 d d"


It has its advantages, since you see the queue of every building at once when you press the hotkey, but I like the individual hotkeys better.


I do this as well.
Works a lot better for me as I used to play zerg in bw and it's very similar to that.
vZ I usually have:
6: barracks w/ tech lab
7: barracks w/ reactor
8: factory w/ tech lab
9: starport (changes between reactor/tech lab usually)
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-16 01:18:49
April 16 2010 01:17 GMT
#30
it wasnt warturtle who spammed me.. it was ILoVeRoW who spammed me.. so i reported him as spam/harassment and then blocked him --; after somone told me how to finally do so~

warturtle has never spammed me before so he's clean
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6572 Posts
April 16 2010 02:11 GMT
#31
I don't really like these threads because they seem to give away trade secrets for free. However, this is a shitload of effort for what will probably be an extremely comprehensive guide. Great work!
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
April 16 2010 05:17 GMT
#32
On April 16 2010 08:48 dacthehork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2010 08:40 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
On April 16 2010 08:09 dacthehork wrote:
On April 16 2010 07:48 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Cool but I have absolutely zero respect for you after you spammed LZ for about an hour during his stream

:S

umm what?

I've never "spammed" lzgamer

Also I really am not that good, 1800 plat pre wipe, but as far as a simple guide for new players etc, I can help with that


All i remember is that somebody out there with the ID warturtle or wurturtle or something along those lines spammed LZ for like an entire hour on his stream.

mm It must have been someone on a different Warturtle account with a different identifier. I would never waste an hour spamming LZ.


Whoops never mind it wasn't LZ, now I remember: it was Gretorp. 100% sure of it.
MelancholyMark
Profile Joined February 2010
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 00:57:28
April 16 2010 05:25 GMT
#33
Hehehe, wish someone would make something like this for toss.
zoOv
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia269 Posts
April 16 2010 16:00 GMT
#34
wow very nice guide. great work thumbs up Warturtle =)
Terror Australis :: [TA] :: Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard
duckhunt
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada311 Posts
April 16 2010 16:09 GMT
#35
On April 16 2010 14:17 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2010 08:48 dacthehork wrote:
On April 16 2010 08:40 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
On April 16 2010 08:09 dacthehork wrote:
On April 16 2010 07:48 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Cool but I have absolutely zero respect for you after you spammed LZ for about an hour during his stream

:S

umm what?

I've never "spammed" lzgamer

Also I really am not that good, 1800 plat pre wipe, but as far as a simple guide for new players etc, I can help with that


All i remember is that somebody out there with the ID warturtle or wurturtle or something along those lines spammed LZ for like an entire hour on his stream.

mm It must have been someone on a different Warturtle account with a different identifier. I would never waste an hour spamming LZ.


Whoops never mind it wasn't LZ, now I remember: it was Gretorp. 100% sure of it.


go back under your bridge you troll
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-16 19:33:19
April 16 2010 19:29 GMT
#36
This is a great start to a great guide! I personally did not know you could hit tab to cycle through unit types within a control group or using Shift + # to append units/buildings to a current control group. I've been used to using shift select and deselect to reassign a control group but I will try to incorporate it in my play.

Suggestion: Regarding your marauder micro, I much prefer to use hold position micro instead of A-attack. I simply move back, hit "H" and my marauders (stalkers, hellions, whatever) and they will attack, then move back, hit "H" again, repeat... It's faster than A-attacking and eliminates your chance for error of unintentionally focus firing a unit and having your marauders run into the enemy.

I also suggest not clumping all of your production buildings into one hotkey, but to split your factories/starports/barracks separately as I find it's faster to cycle through and accurately build units at each production building.
n.Die_Jaedong <3
Nitron
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore177 Posts
April 16 2010 19:39 GMT
#37
wow this is great, have 1 for protoss PLEASE!
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 03:28:06
April 20 2010 01:39 GMT
#38
sorry about not working on this lately, I'll get back on it. Had to reinstall SC2 to get replays working again, I wanted to make sure any of the race specific stuff was used in tournaments etc. So expect more work to be coming still reinstalling atm tho

update: Anyway I reinstalled and still can't view replays so guide won't be as good as it could be
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
UbiNax
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark381 Posts
April 20 2010 01:50 GMT
#39
nice! would be awesome if we could get a zerg and toss introduction up aswell :D
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
April 20 2010 01:53 GMT
#40
i'd like to kno wut u have on FE builds rite now
im deaf
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.