• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8469 users

Power Rank 09/15/2008 - Page 8

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 25 2008 02:46 GMT
#141
i dont know how you can possibly put stork, or anyone else for that matter, above jaedong O_O
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
September 26 2008 02:48 GMT
#142
On September 25 2008 11:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
IMHO:

(P)Stork
(Z)Jaedong
(T)Flash
(P)Much
(Z)Thezerg
(T)Leta
(T)by.fantasy
(T)Sea[Shield]
(T)InteR.Mind
(Z)JulyZerg

Feel free to rage at my opinion.

I disagree with this. Did you forget about Best entirely? And, thezerg > luxury? fOrGG nowhere to be found? Sure, we haven't seen him recently, but you assume he got a lot worse all of a sudden. I may disagree with PR's on occasion, and I may be a horrible BackHo fanboy, but posts like this make me glad that FakeSteve normally does the power rank.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
September 26 2008 03:40 GMT
#143
On September 26 2008 11:48 CDRdude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2008 11:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
IMHO:

(P)Stork
(Z)Jaedong
(T)Flash
(P)Much
(Z)Thezerg
(T)Leta
(T)by.fantasy
(T)Sea[Shield]
(T)InteR.Mind
(Z)JulyZerg

Feel free to rage at my opinion.

I disagree with this. Did you forget about Best entirely? And, thezerg > luxury? fOrGG nowhere to be found? Sure, we haven't seen him recently, but you assume he got a lot worse all of a sudden. I may disagree with PR's on occasion, and I may be a horrible BackHo fanboy, but posts like this make me glad that FakeSteve normally does the power rank.



Well, if I were to do PR it would be on a monthly basis, strictly, rather than overall.

Do I think, overall Luxury is better than Thezerg? Absolutely.

Jaedong is the best player in the world.

BeSt is top 5 easy. I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm not going to be pretentious and pretend I know more than FS who watches every fucking game. I do "ok" in liquibet, and I watch the VODs that I'm told are interesting, and the GOM games with players I like.

If I were to guess at who is doing the best THIS MONTH, it would be those players in order.
RIP Aaliyah
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-26 03:44:32
September 26 2008 03:44 GMT
#144
If you're doing whose doing the best this month, you would be very close to perfect. However, if you're doing who played best and showed the best game this month and just whose better this month, you would need to switch the top two.
Jaedong
Februarys
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Korea (South)259 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-26 04:39:33
September 26 2008 04:31 GMT
#145
On September 26 2008 12:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2008 11:48 CDRdude wrote:
On September 25 2008 11:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
IMHO:

(P)Stork
(Z)Jaedong
(T)Flash
(P)Much
(Z)Thezerg
(T)Leta
(T)by.fantasy
(T)Sea[Shield]
(T)InteR.Mind
(Z)JulyZerg

Feel free to rage at my opinion.

I disagree with this. Did you forget about Best entirely? And, thezerg > luxury? fOrGG nowhere to be found? Sure, we haven't seen him recently, but you assume he got a lot worse all of a sudden. I may disagree with PR's on occasion, and I may be a horrible BackHo fanboy, but posts like this make me glad that FakeSteve normally does the power rank.



Well, if I were to do PR it would be on a monthly basis, strictly, rather than overall.

Do I think, overall Luxury is better than Thezerg? Absolutely.

Jaedong is the best player in the world.

BeSt is top 5 easy. I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm not going to be pretentious and pretend I know more than FS who watches every fucking game. I do "ok" in liquibet, and I watch the VODs that I'm told are interesting, and the GOM games with players I like.

If I were to guess at who is doing the best THIS MONTH, it would be those players in order.


I think doing the PR based on who are the current top 10 best players including their play from current month is much better than simply who performed the best this month without regarding their overall terms of skill. If we go by your method of PR, we could possibly see weak players like Rock as #1 PR, if in that month, he beats other low level players without losing any. Lets say that Jaedong lost 2 games in December to another high level player like Flash, while Rock did not lose any games during December, but he beat players like Backho and Tossgirl. Strictly looking how well they performed that month, its obvious that Rock had a better month than Jaedong. However, would you place Rock above Jaedong for December PR? I dont think so
Jaedong is the Hope of Zergs.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
September 26 2008 18:33 GMT
#146
BeSt is in better shape than JD IMO
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
capek
Profile Joined September 2008
United States585 Posts
September 26 2008 19:11 GMT
#147
On September 26 2008 13:31 Februarys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2008 12:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On September 26 2008 11:48 CDRdude wrote:
On September 25 2008 11:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
IMHO:

(P)Stork
(Z)Jaedong
(T)Flash
(P)Much
(Z)Thezerg
(T)Leta
(T)by.fantasy
(T)Sea[Shield]
(T)InteR.Mind
(Z)JulyZerg

Feel free to rage at my opinion.

I disagree with this. Did you forget about Best entirely? And, thezerg > luxury? fOrGG nowhere to be found? Sure, we haven't seen him recently, but you assume he got a lot worse all of a sudden. I may disagree with PR's on occasion, and I may be a horrible BackHo fanboy, but posts like this make me glad that FakeSteve normally does the power rank.



Well, if I were to do PR it would be on a monthly basis, strictly, rather than overall.

Do I think, overall Luxury is better than Thezerg? Absolutely.

Jaedong is the best player in the world.

BeSt is top 5 easy. I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm not going to be pretentious and pretend I know more than FS who watches every fucking game. I do "ok" in liquibet, and I watch the VODs that I'm told are interesting, and the GOM games with players I like.

If I were to guess at who is doing the best THIS MONTH, it would be those players in order.


I think doing the PR based on who are the current top 10 best players including their play from current month is much better than simply who performed the best this month without regarding their overall terms of skill. If we go by your method of PR, we could possibly see weak players like Rock as #1 PR, if in that month, he beats other low level players without losing any. Lets say that Jaedong lost 2 games in December to another high level player like Flash, while Rock did not lose any games during December, but he beat players like Backho and Tossgirl. Strictly looking how well they performed that month, its obvious that Rock had a better month than Jaedong. However, would you place Rock above Jaedong for December PR? I dont think so

Lol if Rock was #1 TL would revolt.
That being said, there is no doubt the current system (the one in the latter description) is better.
I honestly think DrHelvetica just realized his mistake and is trying to cover it up with an excuse.
Jaeden
Profile Joined September 2008
Romania1489 Posts
September 26 2008 22:00 GMT
#148
On September 27 2008 03:33 disciple wrote:
BeSt is in better shape than JD IMO


uhm, what ?
Boxer: " Lee Jae Dong is the best player. He`s all about the micro; he`s the player which has the most amazing control"
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
September 27 2008 00:23 GMT
#149
On September 27 2008 04:11 capek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2008 13:31 Februarys wrote:
On September 26 2008 12:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On September 26 2008 11:48 CDRdude wrote:
On September 25 2008 11:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
IMHO:

(P)Stork
(Z)Jaedong
(T)Flash
(P)Much
(Z)Thezerg
(T)Leta
(T)by.fantasy
(T)Sea[Shield]
(T)InteR.Mind
(Z)JulyZerg

Feel free to rage at my opinion.

I disagree with this. Did you forget about Best entirely? And, thezerg > luxury? fOrGG nowhere to be found? Sure, we haven't seen him recently, but you assume he got a lot worse all of a sudden. I may disagree with PR's on occasion, and I may be a horrible BackHo fanboy, but posts like this make me glad that FakeSteve normally does the power rank.



Well, if I were to do PR it would be on a monthly basis, strictly, rather than overall.

Do I think, overall Luxury is better than Thezerg? Absolutely.

Jaedong is the best player in the world.

BeSt is top 5 easy. I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm not going to be pretentious and pretend I know more than FS who watches every fucking game. I do "ok" in liquibet, and I watch the VODs that I'm told are interesting, and the GOM games with players I like.

If I were to guess at who is doing the best THIS MONTH, it would be those players in order.


I think doing the PR based on who are the current top 10 best players including their play from current month is much better than simply who performed the best this month without regarding their overall terms of skill. If we go by your method of PR, we could possibly see weak players like Rock as #1 PR, if in that month, he beats other low level players without losing any. Lets say that Jaedong lost 2 games in December to another high level player like Flash, while Rock did not lose any games during December, but he beat players like Backho and Tossgirl. Strictly looking how well they performed that month, its obvious that Rock had a better month than Jaedong. However, would you place Rock above Jaedong for December PR? I dont think so

Lol if Rock was #1 TL would revolt.
That being said, there is no doubt the current system (the one in the latter description) is better.
I honestly think DrHelvetica just realized his mistake and is trying to cover it up with an excuse.


The system of month by month is just my personal taste.
RIP Aaliyah
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
September 27 2008 00:34 GMT
#150
On September 27 2008 07:00 Jaeden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2008 03:33 disciple wrote:
BeSt is in better shape than JD IMO


uhm, what ?


BeSt is showing pretty solid results lately and JD haven't played for a while, thats why its rather logical to think that BeSt will extend his winning streak then JD starting an all-kill crusade with his MSL group. I have no doubt in him advancing, but I think he will do it the hard way
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
TheTyranid
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Russian Federation4333 Posts
September 27 2008 01:40 GMT
#151
On September 27 2008 09:34 disciple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2008 07:00 Jaeden wrote:
On September 27 2008 03:33 disciple wrote:
BeSt is in better shape than JD IMO


uhm, what ?


BeSt is showing pretty solid results lately and JD haven't played for a while, thats why its rather logical to think that BeSt will extend his winning streak then JD starting an all-kill crusade with his MSL group. I have no doubt in him advancing, but I think he will do it the hard way

Jaedong's latest results are just as solid as Best's. I don't see how he is playing any worse than Best. Not playing for a long time shouldn't be a factor. These guys practice 24/7. Oh and Best's opponents in the OSL were mediocre so you should elaborate more on your opinion.

DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
September 27 2008 01:44 GMT
#152
On September 27 2008 09:34 disciple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2008 07:00 Jaeden wrote:
On September 27 2008 03:33 disciple wrote:
BeSt is in better shape than JD IMO


uhm, what ?


BeSt is showing pretty solid results lately and JD haven't played for a while, thats why its rather logical to think that BeSt will extend his winning streak then JD starting an all-kill crusade with his MSL group. I have no doubt in him advancing, but I think he will do it the hard way


BeSt lacks consistent wins in all match-ups (Hello PvZ). Also Jaedong is pretty much undeniably the best player on earth, and has been for a long time. Even when Flash was invincible for half a season, Jaedong wasn't showing much weakness.

He got cheesed out of OSL. It happens.
RIP Aaliyah
brjdrb
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States577 Posts
September 27 2008 03:07 GMT
#153
On September 27 2008 10:44 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2008 09:34 disciple wrote:
On September 27 2008 07:00 Jaeden wrote:
On September 27 2008 03:33 disciple wrote:
BeSt is in better shape than JD IMO


uhm, what ?


BeSt is showing pretty solid results lately and JD haven't played for a while, thats why its rather logical to think that BeSt will extend his winning streak then JD starting an all-kill crusade with his MSL group. I have no doubt in him advancing, but I think he will do it the hard way


BeSt lacks consistent wins in all match-ups (Hello PvZ). Also Jaedong is pretty much undeniably the best player on earth, and has been for a long time. Even when Flash was invincible for half a season, Jaedong wasn't showing much weakness.

He got cheesed out of OSL. It happens.


um...jaedong didn't get cheesed out of the osl. he just got beaten
Stork's biggest fan
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 27 2008 04:16 GMT
#154
yep, let's be clear about that. han played great and beat jaedong straight-up, it was an awesome bo3
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
September 27 2008 05:52 GMT
#155
Best won PvZ against GGPlay in 2008, OMG his PvZ has gotten a LOT better! (sarcasm). Do you think Best could win convincingly against Flash in a Bo5 this month if that was all Flash practiced for?
Jaedong
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
September 27 2008 09:47 GMT
#156
JD advanced with some difficulties so my statement is correct
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
September 27 2008 10:15 GMT
#157
On September 27 2008 18:47 disciple wrote:
JD advanced with some difficulties so my statement is correct


I would agree that Jaedong's ZvT has looked ALOT more touchable recently, the last last 6 months he is actually 9-13 in kespa sanctioned games (so not counting GOM). But really, top spot is not only about top results, it is about being the top player. Right now, I think Jaedong has even odds against the best Terran players, and overwhelming odds against any Protoss or Zerg. The same analogy does clearly not hold true for Best, while he would be even against most, I would hold July and Jaedong as CLEAR favorites over Best, and I think terrans like Flash and ForGG would be favored as well.

People seem to have dropped ForGG WAY too fast IMHO. He lost two series in recent memory, in the OSL and WCG, and suddenly, he is no good? Remember, he lost against the very best PvT players there is, and he didn't get trounced either. I honestly think ForGG should have 2nd this month.
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
Jaeden
Profile Joined September 2008
Romania1489 Posts
September 27 2008 11:32 GMT
#158
On September 27 2008 18:47 disciple wrote:
JD advanced with some difficulties so my statement is correct


yes but still...JD > Best, i have no doubt
Boxer: " Lee Jae Dong is the best player. He`s all about the micro; he`s the player which has the most amazing control"
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-27 13:21:57
September 27 2008 12:33 GMT
#159
On September 27 2008 13:16 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
yep, let's be clear about that. han played great and beat jaedong straight-up, it was an awesome bo3

And also that was like in august ... I don't know what it has to do with Oktober's rank selection .

I don't think Best deserves to be even second clearly Stork has outperformed him recently and if he demolish his rather tough MSL group he should be above Best . I don't know why Best is so high this month ( maybe because Flash has fallen) when he had played only some special PL events and that was all , but stork rolled WCG korea up to the final and qualified for both leagues . Something Best failed to do , also i think Stork's OSL group was a lot harder too .

I too still think that ForGG should be in top 5 at least . I think that when you dumb Leta Luxury and probably Sea too out of the rank next month one of the slots should be taken by one of the three who passes the group of death in the OSL tiebreakers ( July , Much or Bisu ). I don't know if the map pool can get anymore worse for zergs Plasma is a bitch , and zergs need to do something to survive it (well whats left of them ) . I think Flash should still be third or fourth shuffle him with Best somehow . And don't look just at the OSL , MSL and also GSL is equal in importance now .
ScarFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1175 Posts
September 28 2008 04:28 GMT
#160
bisu for pr
Can you dig it?
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2287
GuemChi 601
Leta 156
Bale 36
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
Noble 17
sSak 12
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto19
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Other Games
summit1g7675
C9.Mang0264
Happy179
Sick161
ViBE87
Trikslyr28
ceh90
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick483
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2204
League of Legends
• Lourlo1256
• Stunt454
Other Games
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 33m
Patches Events
9h 33m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.