• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:59
CEST 06:59
KST 13:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9802 users

Power Rank 10/02/2007

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
DJEtterStyle
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2766 Posts
October 02 2007 01:24 GMT
#1
Close, but no cigar…

July – With all the love for oov’s wins over a cheesy Bisu, a slumping Nada and Reach, and a never-was ForU, everyone seems to have forgotten that you’re 6-2 since August and in <i>both</i> Starleagues. You need to tread carefully, though; you have the dubious honor of being in the OSL “group of death” with Iris, Hwasin, and Light.

Oov – If you’d made it through the ODT, the decision to add you to the Power Rank would have been made for me. As is, I’m having a hard time overlooking your recent losses to Up, Luxury, and Lomo.

Flash – I hate to keeping saying it, Flash—actually, I love saying it—but your overall game management just isn’t that good. You clearly know how to macro, but your game sense and late-game management betray your lack of experience.
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
October 02 2007 01:30 GMT
#2
Sea ftw.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
October 02 2007 02:00 GMT
#3
ya savvv
ambit!ous1
Profile Joined September 2007
United States3662 Posts
October 02 2007 02:04 GMT
#4
I knew that light would make top 10.

Free also looks good in top 10

Nice read.
Bisu[Shield] / ♔ SoYeon
berated-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1134 Posts
October 02 2007 02:06 GMT
#5
Well I have to say that if you must go out, go out with a band and I think you accomplished that. You put out a good powerrank that raised a lot of good points. Thanks for all the time you spent writing the power ranks and hf with your newly acquired time!
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
October 02 2007 02:07 GMT
#6
gogo Hwasin over Savior!
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
October 02 2007 02:07 GMT
#7
I agree from top to bottom, same order and everything
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
October 02 2007 02:12 GMT
#8
id like jaedong to be higher just because of the amount of ass he is about to kick
but everyone above him has accomplished more recently so i guess thats fair.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Camlito
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Australia4040 Posts
October 02 2007 02:14 GMT
#9
On October 02 2007 11:07 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
I agree from top to bottom, same order and everything
sAviOr...
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
October 02 2007 02:25 GMT
#10
Meh, I disagree with that particular order, but I can't really say the analysis is wrong. I need to see some games from July before I feel good about him, same with Iris (but I'm not sure I'd notch Iris down so much... Sangho isn't a huge slouch). Flash... I wouldn't drop him quite so far, given his Proleague results have been about on par with Free's, and he's still in OSL. He also got knocked out of MSL by Bisu of all people.

Other than that, Stork's PvZ looks sharper, and I feel really shaky about Savior despite the results. I feel pretty meh about Light too.

Dark_Luster
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)438 Posts
October 02 2007 02:26 GMT
#11
On October 02 2007 11:12 IdrA wrote:
id like jaedong to be higher just because of the amount of ass he is about to kick
but everyone above him has accomplished more recently so i guess thats fair.


agreed from here too. other than that, nice read! and its a hella nice thing that protoss players are reaching higher up these days.. and savior's trying to claw back in good shape as well.
#1 Horangee fan
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
October 02 2007 02:42 GMT
#12
Excellent writeup. I'm sure we all know how that feels Etter (I definately do). We're all thankful for your devotion and the entertainment you've brought here. The Power Rank is probably one of the most simple, yet popular feature offered at TLnet.

As always your analysis is pretty accurate. Whenever I question a judgement I'll read your reasoning and end up being satisfied with those reasons.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
MaZza[KIS]
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia2110 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-02 02:50:25
October 02 2007 02:45 GMT
#13
Top 6 are P,T,Z,P,T,Z

pretty even considering 3rd placed Z is going through a slump and there's another Z (jaedong) about to charge up the rankings.

Who said SC was imba?

In regards to Savior... well we all know what a Genius Nada is. I mean, if you want someone to defeat an IMPOSSIBLE UMS just call him (as vouched for by Rekrul). The guys an APM machine and he's very knowledgable about Starcraft. But then, why is he not top? Simple... SC is a mindgame. Where as in FPS a good aim can save you, in sc no amount of APM can save you against a perfect counter. We see it all the time with 300 APM players going down to 120 APM players and such.

So, I would like to propose that Savior's lost the mindgame. Opponents are getting used to him and his style of play. They can get inside his head and guess what he's about to do. This is particularly easy for lower rank players who've been able to analyse saviors game, but have not played that many televised games themselves. This is why you see someone like Oov trudge through a set of extremely skilled players and then lose to lesser known/shittier players.

It's the circle of life. It's what keeps SC new and fresh. Coz if you think about it, all these players have similar/same APMs. What sets them apart is their star sense and style of play.

Cheers DJ and FakeSteve.
I really wanted a bigger opponent, like Nate Marquardt, or King Neptune, or Zeus, or Zeus and Fedor, or Fedor on Zeus's shoulders, and they can both punch but only Zeus can kick.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
October 02 2007 02:55 GMT
#14
yay for a new power ranking I especially like the bottom four for some reason.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 02 2007 03:31 GMT
#15
I want oov to go up!
Moderator<:3-/-<
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
October 02 2007 04:25 GMT
#16
July July

People forget

Some vintage ZvT

Would jog memories.
returns upon momentous occasions.
HaXxorIzed
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia8434 Posts
October 02 2007 04:48 GMT
#17
Many thanks for an awesome Power Rank commentary over the months DJ. I fully expect to see Fakesteve be just as hilarious and accurate in his own way. GL to both, and I agree with the PR of this month. Hwasin and Jaedong are going to have an interesting time.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HaXxorIzed
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
October 02 2007 05:06 GMT
#18
Nice PR. I definitely agree that Jaedong seems to be playing extremely strong ZvT right now. It's awesome to see him match up against Hwasin.

Nice showing by Savior, GGPlay and Jaedong! ^_^ Zerg Power! (and those other races too :p)
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
October 02 2007 06:51 GMT
#19
On October 02 2007 12:31 IntoTheWow wrote:
I want oov to go up!
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
October 02 2007 06:58 GMT
#20
On October 02 2007 11:25 zer0das wrote:
Meh, I disagree with that particular order, but I can't really say the analysis is wrong. I need to see some games from July before I feel good about him, same with Iris (but I'm not sure I'd notch Iris down so much... Sangho isn't a huge slouch). Flash... I wouldn't drop him quite so far, given his Proleague results have been about on par with Free's, and he's still in OSL. He also got knocked out of MSL by Bisu of all people.

Other than that, Stork's PvZ looks sharper, and I feel really shaky about Savior despite the results. I feel pretty meh about Light too.



There were only two people on par with free in proleague last season - Stork and Sea. Flash was a reliable ace, but he's more readily likened to Calm than to Free, as Free saw a lot more games than Flash did.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
ProTech131
Nina 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3390
Shuttle 1493
Sharp 353
Dewaltoss 82
Mong 68
Noble 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Mew2King19
Other Games
summit1g8028
WinterStarcraft527
C9.Mang0281
Sick120
ViBE114
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2101
League of Legends
• Lourlo1037
• Stunt336
Other Games
• Shiphtur363
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.