• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:36
CEST 19:36
KST 02:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10003 users

DreamHack vs MLG Columbus - Page 10

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
sefio
Profile Joined June 2011
103 Posts
June 21 2011 19:51 GMT
#181
On June 22 2011 02:05 MrKn4rz wrote:
MLG because of Tastosis... cant compete with that.


Dude.. MC & TB > Tastosis any day :D
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
June 21 2011 19:59 GMT
#182
I preferred MLG mainly because I was awake for most of it. I do love Dreamhack's VOD policy, though.
whole lies with a half smile
Azuroz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden1630 Posts
June 21 2011 20:06 GMT
#183
both were great imo, i cant really compare them as i was watching mlg from stream and dreamhack live so its 2 different experiences really. I heard that there werent much interraction between stream viewers and players though, but didnt really suffer from it as i was there live and could see them myself.
Team NSHoseo <3
LittleJohn
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden204 Posts
June 21 2011 20:10 GMT
#184
Both were pretty good, MLG stream quality was rather, well, bad. But on the other hand MLG had Tastosis and didn't finish on a monday, I also prefer the system at Dreamhack (from a spectator). All in all they were pretty equal but I voted on Dreamhack anyway.
luckybeni2
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1065 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 20:13:57
June 21 2011 20:13 GMT
#185
On June 22 2011 04:59 Node wrote:
I preferred MLG mainly because I was awake for most of it. I do love Dreamhack's VOD policy, though.

I had exactly the opposite but the VOD policy of Dreamhack was really awesome and since it whent on on Monday I was very pleased

Plus, of course Huk won although that White Ra and Hasu whent out with really horrible performances sucked especially since WR totally smashed his group and then seemed to totally tilt. Not saying they would have won but the way they lost was disapointing.
celox
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1 Post
June 21 2011 20:18 GMT
#186
On June 21 2011 06:33 Garth wrote:
Dreamhack cuz huk won.


My thoughts exactly
Phyxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark681 Posts
June 21 2011 20:35 GMT
#187
Voted MLG, as the atmosphere was just better imo. I also have a problem with dApollos voice so that was quite a turn off for me. Both tournaments were great tho.
Frajs
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 20:58:35
June 21 2011 20:51 GMT
#188
Since MLG (correct me if I'm wrong here, before Dallas I didn't know what MLG was) is kind of a giant E-Sports festival show kind of thing, and Dreamhack is a giant LAN with a side dish of E-Sports I've gotta go with MLG from a spectator viewpoint. The roaring crowd and shots of the audience and the roaring crowd and the ROARING FREAKIN CROWD made for an excellent feeling of... well it was awesome. Bah, words are hard... feelings, excitement and whatnot.
Dreamhack is awesome at what it is supposed to do, and so is MLG. I don't really think you can compare it until Dreamhack makes the same efforts to incorporate a giant crowd, and not just for the final mind you.
I also really like the loser brackets.
I was very pleased with the GLHF coverage of the BYOC at Dreamhack, even though mr. Awesome-voice-for-nighttime-radio was missing (TheGunRun, right?), I found myself watching other streams muted while listening to GLHF more than once. Also I'm glad that it got delayed so I had something to watch later at night
But as usual I wander off the point (there's a better expression here, right?) and that's enough before I make a wall of text

Edit: I never feel like I can express what I mean, so whatever: They're great at different things and for different reasons.
(Also I love djWHEAT's annoying and equally pleasing nasal voice. And he's awesome.)
Legace
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden342 Posts
June 21 2011 21:01 GMT
#189
On June 22 2011 05:13 luckybeni2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 04:59 Node wrote:
I preferred MLG mainly because I was awake for most of it. I do love Dreamhack's VOD policy, though.

I had exactly the opposite but the VOD policy of Dreamhack was really awesome and since it whent on on Monday I was very pleased

Plus, of course Huk won although that White Ra and Hasu whent out with really horrible performances sucked especially since WR totally smashed his group and then seemed to totally tilt. Not saying they would have won but the way they lost was disapointing.



Losing to Moon whom also pushed Naniwa out of the tournament to later lose a tight final, I wouldn't really put much emphasis on it. Although I'd would have liked to see more "SPECIAL TAKTIKKS" from grandpa toss.

Topic;

For me atleast, Dreamhack was the more enjoyable event.

* Better quality streams (for free).
* Better coverages, ALL games where broadcasted.
* Barely noteable delays, because of GoOdy and Xlord
* Better tournament format except for BO3 semis. BO5 final could be argued.
* Insanely fast VODs.
* Better tournaments for other games to kill the downtime (if the VODs of games you missed weren't enough)
* Moon and HuK flippin' a huge middle finger at all the haters.
* IdrA losing to MC, again.
* McBiscuit/TotalMC casting.
DrunknMaster
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9 Posts
June 21 2011 21:18 GMT
#190
I saw the finals Huk vs Moon first time i saw a real pro match live Gratz! Huk!
gl hf
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
June 21 2011 21:37 GMT
#191
On June 21 2011 19:52 bokeevboke wrote:
Both > GSL for sure.


If you prefer watching chobos instead of the best players in the world. Mlg for me.
The Notorious Winkles
JouriCarver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom59 Posts
June 21 2011 21:38 GMT
#192
dream hack due to no lagg, 3 days of epic games and huk won P
j4ckd4v13z
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom98 Posts
June 21 2011 21:44 GMT
#193
columbus for having the booths with players faces. really added to the experience
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
June 21 2011 21:51 GMT
#194
Both have their own strengths: I really like the relatively less laggy dreamhack and the free HD streams, but I absolutely hate the scheduling of dream hack: not only does it start @ 4am eastern, too many matches were played at once with a large time gap. It would be nice if DH staggered their matches so there will always be something going on.
Gurgl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 00:05:10
June 21 2011 21:59 GMT
#195
Dreamhack summer and winter are primarily LAN-events while MLG is focused on the gametournaments. That´s the reason why all the games on DH weren´t played infront of a big crowd, only the finals. The concept for all tournaments on DH has always been that every game up until the finals is played at the actual LAN. I´d love to see them do something similar to Stockholm invitational but on a larger scale and maybe with more games.

I haven´t had any streamissues at any of the dreamhackevents and the quality is better than MLGs HD while being free. Last MLG was good from a viewer perspective and I hope they keep improving but they have some way to go to reach DH in terms of quality of the streams. From a player perspective MLG seem to treat their players in the open bracket pretty badly(Thorzain and Morrow don´t want to go to Anaheim because of that f.ex). The format of MLG is messed up to be honest, I hope they take a look at that and make the necessary changes.

It´s really annoying on the MLG stream that you get a commercial whenever you change quality or have to refresh it. I'm willing to pay for a stream without commercials that works as well as the DH stream but not for one with the ridiculous amount of commercials you get with the MLG stream.

Dreamhack could improve their streaming website so it´s easier to see which games are being streamed where. It would be awesome to be able to see next to each stream which game is being casted atm. MLGs website is really difficult to navigate, I´ve given up on trying to find stuff on their site, it´s faster to just google for MLG schedules or whatever I´m looking for.

I voted that both events were equally awesome, there are still things to improve but ESPORTS looks very promising with events like this.

Well that turned out to be a wall of text, hopefully someone with influence reads it and improves something :p
/end rant
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
June 21 2011 22:05 GMT
#196
MLG because the crowd was with the players, added so much more drama and awesomeness

also tastosis
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tonning
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway111 Posts
June 21 2011 22:42 GMT
#197
Dreamhack, better streams(quality, don't have to pay to watch HD), I could also watch all the games without having to stay up till 6 am in the morning.
Never give up, never surrender. Winners never quit and quitters never win.
FragRaptor
Profile Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
June 21 2011 23:15 GMT
#198
I really think both were awesome. Why?

MLG Columbus really laid an egg of story telling that really affected the wants of the crowd at dream hack. The koreans took Columbus and so everyone was extremely excited that huk won.

The buzz of both tournaments really worked well in cohesion, thanks to none other than our favorite story teller, Day9!
Do your thing. No matter what.
Midgetman101
Profile Joined February 2011
United States825 Posts
June 21 2011 23:19 GMT
#199
reason dreamhack was winning is because huk won. MLG was so much better to me
~Terran For Life~
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
June 21 2011 23:37 GMT
#200
MLG because of double elimination =/

Dreamhack had to much money to throw into single BO3s....
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 311
ProTech171
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 78
MindelVK 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3376
Bisu 1986
Soulkey 1066
EffOrt 649
Mini 419
Larva 396
ZerO 211
Dewaltoss 177
hero 95
Sharp 82
[ Show more ]
Mind 74
sorry 62
Shinee 58
Barracks 35
Bale 26
Trap 26
Terrorterran 22
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1518
XaKoH 441
420jenkins384
League of Legends
Reynor70
Counter-Strike
fl0m4169
pashabiceps801
Fnx 663
x6flipin528
edward26
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu409
Other Games
Grubby2283
Liquid`RaSZi1575
FrodaN752
XBOCT280
Livibee178
C9.Mang0129
TKL 123
QueenE93
RotterdaM45
Mew2King38
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2921
• TFBlade781
Other Games
• WagamamaTV632
• Shiphtur621
• imaqtpie431
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 24m
Patches Events
22h 24m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.