• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:01
CEST 06:01
KST 13:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8082 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 9

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 23 Next All
Klapdout
Profile Joined August 2007
United States282 Posts
July 17 2010 14:58 GMT
#161
When the rumors starting coming in that SC2 would be announced I wanted to get back into SC again. I wanted to find out whats been going on with the scene so I looked up some old websites I frequented. I tried Broodwar.com which no longer existed, and battlereports.com hasn't been updated in forever. So I tried remembering old famous clans to see if they had websites still, and after some googling I came across TL.
Toyomaha
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States144 Posts
July 17 2010 15:03 GMT
#162
Clanmate
www.starcraftutah.blogspot.com
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
July 17 2010 15:14 GMT
#163
It was loooong ago. But i think i found a link somewhere on the net and got the party started; o
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Kisra
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom466 Posts
July 17 2010 15:26 GMT
#164
I found it through reading the SC2 Beta forums, there was the occasional link back here. Saw this community and started lurking, thinking "Hey, these guys actually know what they're talking about and don't like pointless whine."

Only really started posting now though :o
:D
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
July 17 2010 15:27 GMT
#165
Clearly needs a gomtv option
In the woods, there lurks..
Hautamaki
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Canada1311 Posts
July 17 2010 15:34 GMT
#166
I dunno, I think I was easily one of the first 1,000 people here, I was friends with WaxAngel and Eri from another website =p
True learning is not the memorization of knowledge; it is the internalization of patterns.
barth
Profile Joined March 2008
Ireland1272 Posts
July 17 2010 15:36 GMT
#167
I was googling some BW vods and stumbled upon the TL torrent tracker. I downloaded one of the first TL:A episodes (either with Nony or Incontrol, cant remember) and was absolutely charmed by the soft voices and witty comments from Chill and HotBid. I checked out the forum and got sucked in immediately.
"Somebody you are talking to disappears mid sentence, and the universe shoots you because you talked to someone that wasn`t there." - MasterOfChaos
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
July 17 2010 15:37 GMT
#168
I can't remember. I've known about TeamLiquid for a long time, but only joined in 2009.
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
July 17 2010 15:38 GMT
#169
I don't remember why, but I started using TLPD before I even joined TL

then I decided to make an account and explore more
Nony is Bonjwa
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
July 17 2010 15:57 GMT
#170
Because of plugging from sc2gg commentators.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Gaxton
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2328 Posts
July 17 2010 16:08 GMT
#171
Found it when i started watching Korean Starcraft in early 2008, one day i came to the Nevake channel on youtube. Than i got here
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 17 2010 16:14 GMT
#172
I think I saw some Chill FPVods and I thought he was ridiculously gosu so I searched him and that eventually lead me to tl. Good times
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
AgentComet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States39 Posts
July 17 2010 16:19 GMT
#173
Shoutcraft lead me here.
The opinion above should be ignored.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
July 17 2010 16:25 GMT
#174
tasteless plugged it a lot on GOMTV
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
July 17 2010 16:49 GMT
#175
nazgul told me about it online i think
many year ago
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
July 17 2010 16:56 GMT
#176
I stumbled upon the Pimpest Plays videos at sclegacy and I was ridiculously impressed with Boxer's play and wanted to find more games and stuff about it, and when I realized just how much larger the Korean proscene was compared to what I thought it was before, I was hooked. Made an account fairly early, but didn't post for a pretty long time.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
EatCrow
Profile Joined April 2010
Estonia333 Posts
July 17 2010 17:03 GMT
#177
I searched for Starcraft:BW replays.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
July 17 2010 17:08 GMT
#178
Back in 2004 or so a friend told me casually, it was imprinted in my mind ever since, and when I decided to check the forums I could never stop
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
July 17 2010 17:08 GMT
#179
Other : Tasteless's shoutout on gomtv
Infernus
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway222 Posts
July 17 2010 17:19 GMT
#180
Haha, I found it a while back. But I was just a little kid, and I was frightened. So it wasn't before I grew a large enough ball-sack to feel safe enough to stick around. True story, lol.
sup ;o
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
ProTech150
FoxeR 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2733
Shuttle 1201
Dewaltoss 80
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
Counter-Strike
taco 386
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox643
Other Games
summit1g7903
WinterStarcraft511
C9.Mang0307
ViBE133
Sick0
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 22
• StrangeGG 20
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo764
• Stunt267
Other Games
• Shiphtur332
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 59m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.