• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8292 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 10

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 23 Next All
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
July 17 2010 17:28 GMT
#181
I started to watch broodwar vids maybe three years ago, but not that much (no idea how that happened though...). Then I saw the sAviOr vs Firebathero serie commented by Klazart, watched more vids, wanted to see what the maps looked liked, stumbled on TPLD... Didn't realize exactly what I had seen, but I came back regularly without checking the forums (too intimidated I guess). And a few months later, needing more depth etc, I started to lurk here. Greatest idea ever (and I'm pretty proud it's not because of SC2 :p )
(thanks to the guys who said "thanks to a hate thread on battle.net forum", I had a great laugh)
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
July 17 2010 17:33 GMT
#182
On July 17 2010 23:58 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
not enough options

hahahaha
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Kong John
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark1020 Posts
July 17 2010 17:55 GMT
#183
On July 18 2010 02:08 Roggay wrote:
Other : Tasteless's shoutout on gomtv

Haha thats what made me use TL regularly!

I heard of it first back in 05 when some of the SC2GG caster mentioned it in some of their streams. Took a while before i started using TL though.
This is real life, where nerds must battle!
Bacondemon
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden149 Posts
July 17 2010 18:14 GMT
#184
I found TL through Tasteless relentless plugging in the GOM TV Invitationals
Ursadon-n-Pals
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States928 Posts
July 17 2010 18:22 GMT
#185
Cholera + Day[9]'s CSL casts -> Who is Day[9]? -> Google -> TeamLiquid :D
Nothing worth having comes easy.
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
July 17 2010 18:32 GMT
#186
When broodwar.com died -> tl.net
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
July 17 2010 18:47 GMT
#187
I got really into Starcraft 64, so much so that I wanted to see some highlight videos or something. That led me to Boxer's "God in the TV" and Nal ra's "Magician" video, which led to "Pimpest Plays", which led to SCLegacy, and I somehow ended up here, though I didn't really visit or join for another couple years. My first time at a forum left me confused.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
July 17 2010 18:55 GMT
#188
ErNcI showed me both GosuGamers and this site in 2004 I believe. Only registered in late 2005.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 17 2010 18:56 GMT
#189
On July 17 2010 23:58 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
not enough options

Lol, how did so many miss this?
Brilliant xD
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
potatoedoughnut
Profile Joined July 2008
United States334 Posts
July 17 2010 18:57 GMT
#190
Someone linked some GSI vods and linked to TL.net on a forum. Following the links was the best thing ever.
Eagles may soar, but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
July 17 2010 18:57 GMT
#191
Stumbled in from various links in late 2002 and then started lurking in january 2003. After a while I joined. I kinda waited since I considered myself to be inferior to the other posters here when it came to skill. Funny enough I joined after I quit competitive BW. At the time there were pretty much only really good players here.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
platypuses0
Profile Joined June 2008
United States44 Posts
July 17 2010 18:59 GMT
#192
On July 18 2010 02:08 Roggay wrote:
Other : Tasteless's shoutout on gomtv

This I how I found it too, Though I watched the GOMTV VODs for quite awhile before I checked TL out.
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
July 17 2010 19:23 GMT
#193
I watched videos on youtube about starcraft and this was the first on the list of websites and had a better layout than gosu gamers.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
July 17 2010 19:43 GMT
#194
1 year ago I found out liquipedia. From liquipedia to teamliquid.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
July 17 2010 19:47 GMT
#195
Through the sc2gg guys.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
newvsoldschool
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
428 Posts
July 17 2010 20:17 GMT
#196
I heard about TL through gosugamers. I was reading a news post about NaDa's 2nd OSL win (IOPS OSL) and found a link to TL.
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists... I guess the best way to attract people these days is to make things easy and simple." -Midas, Brood War Progamer
sLiMpoweR
Profile Joined March 2009
United States430 Posts
July 17 2010 20:51 GMT
#197
from team liquid sc clan. when there was one ^^
Team aMg
jgad
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada899 Posts
July 17 2010 20:57 GMT
#198
Man.... I don't remember =(
콩까지마
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
July 17 2010 20:57 GMT
#199
Throught Husky ;]
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 17 2010 21:35 GMT
#200
On July 17 2010 23:58 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
not enough options

I don't know why but I laughed for a bit.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
NeuroSwarm 197
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8088
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE151
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 17m
Patches Events
11h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.