• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:51
CEST 09:51
KST 16:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9427 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 11

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 23 Next All
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
July 17 2010 21:42 GMT
#201
Klazart -> SC2GG -> TL
Revolutionist fan
BrogMaN
Profile Joined April 2010
United States108 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 21:47:04
July 17 2010 21:44 GMT
#202
I suck pretty hard at BW so I would observe a lot of games. During one game, another observer talked about the GOMTV tournament (Way back in Season 1, when it was still alive). I watched every match after that and after hearing Tasteless plug this site like 10 times I figured I should probably check it out. I've been coming here every day since then :D

EDIT: Wow, after reading some of the other comments I guess I'm not the only one
Madness is a sane reaction to an insane world.
poutipou
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada30 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 21:53:08
July 17 2010 21:52 GMT
#203
trying to find pro VODs on internet quickly lead me here =D
best (and arguably the only non-korean good one) sc ground for VODs and 'good' strat forum
TL is so good, you don't even have to post to get something out of it =D, so once you're here you don't want to quit.
[...]-lisk.
Belano
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden657 Posts
July 17 2010 21:54 GMT
#204
Pure pwnage linked to TSL 1. Been stuck here lurking ever since.
Bring back 1 supply roaches.
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 22:15:20
July 17 2010 22:14 GMT
#205
I think through www.teamareola.com somehow. Don't remember when but it was 2002/2003 when I first started coming to this site.

EDIT: Wow the site must have gone down recently, it was there a couple months ago but it has been stagnate since 2004 or so.
♞
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
July 17 2010 22:26 GMT
#206
On July 17 2010 14:23 mtmf wrote:
It was actually funny. I started to watch Baezzi's channel a lot right after SCII announcement and there was that guy going by the nick teamliquidsucks that was always trashing everybody's comments, complaining about everyone's posts, etc. So I thought that if that guy hated TeamLiquid so much, it had to be an awesome site!!!

looool

On July 17 2010 19:48 boesthius wrote:
my cute little friend jayson (aka tonight aka smi.tonight) linked to here in like 06. i lurked for liek 2 years and then i made an accoutn in 08.

)

You mean we were denied 2 whole years of boes-y goodness?
Administrator
canucks12
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada812 Posts
July 17 2010 22:30 GMT
#207
A friend of mine told me about TL when I was in grade 9. When I started playing Starcraft in grade 12, I remembered the site name and the rest is history
Wippen
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden15 Posts
July 17 2010 22:39 GMT
#208
Was looking around for streams when i happened to come across it.
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
July 17 2010 22:58 GMT
#209
Where's the Tasteless at WCG option?
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
July 17 2010 23:05 GMT
#210
Baller friends and nothing more!
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
July 17 2010 23:06 GMT
#211
I actually learned about TL from GG.net.

Everyone was like "TL is trash" so I came to see what the fuss was all about and I never went back to GG.net
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Mactavian
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada60 Posts
July 17 2010 23:42 GMT
#212
I was listening to a Moletrap commentary, and he mentioned TL.
Nothing is impossible, only too expensive.
Angryhorse
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden387 Posts
July 17 2010 23:56 GMT
#213
The Swedish e-sport site www.rakaka.se! Something like 1 and 1/2 years ago
Don't cry blood, the world doesn't revolve around you
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 18 2010 00:11 GMT
#214
I don't quite recall. Either draeger or hnr)ht mentioned it in a channel or on s&t (I think it was still s&t then). I know that it was shortly after the wcg 2002 finals when I first browsed tl.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
July 18 2010 00:12 GMT
#215
Husky Starcraft directed me here
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
July 18 2010 00:44 GMT
#216
Thru' Gosugamers.net
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
Empath
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada44 Posts
July 18 2010 00:56 GMT
#217
I heard about TL.net from Tasteless, while watching GOMTV.
A... Huk and Idra hybrid... Gods, an abomination! Who created this atrocity? - Zeratul
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
July 18 2010 00:57 GMT
#218
Found it mentioned on a bunch of different starcraft resources and one day I finally decided to check it out. Best decision of my life.
One does not simply walk into mordor
SilverSeraphim
Profile Joined March 2010
United States34 Posts
July 18 2010 01:09 GMT
#219
My college roommate "ThisIsJimmy" told me about TL. What a hero. =D
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 18 2010 01:23 GMT
#220
well i found sc through another website and the people i met there linked me to here ages and ages ago damn ive been here too long
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
ceh9566
olofmeister519
Happy332
dupreeh234
Sick181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.