• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:51
CEST 20:51
KST 03:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7975 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 13

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 23 Next All
Vandal
Profile Joined January 2009
United States138 Posts
July 18 2010 06:55 GMT
#241
The first pro starcraft event I ever watched was the 2006 WCG grand finals (I forget how I found it) , with tasteless commentating, and he mentioned TL. I didn't make an account right then, but that's how I found it.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 18 2010 07:07 GMT
#242
Mikeymoo
leetchaos
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States395 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 07:38:14
July 18 2010 07:38 GMT
#243
One bored summer, looking for pro tournaments of all the games I liked. Via google.
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
July 18 2010 07:49 GMT
#244
halpmeh.com
Administrator
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
July 18 2010 07:53 GMT
#245
Back in 2005, when I first got into SC, I was googling replays and couldn't figure out how to play them. I recall trying to open the replay files with Windows Media Player lol. Then I ran across this site called Team Areola, and I think there I read something about TL, and voila, here I am now.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
July 18 2010 08:07 GMT
#246
Starcraft friend told me
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 08:52:56
July 18 2010 08:51 GMT
#247
wasn't a IRL friend, but when i started playing sc seriously, i got told to watch julyzerg cause you know, hes baller. Then they told me about teamliquid, and then i got hooked

took me like 2 years before i could make an acct,

first week i got temp banned for bumping an awesome thread, it got closed 2 weeks later though lol


fucken queen + ensnare is hot shit man
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
nausicaa
Profile Joined July 2010
Korea (South)4 Posts
July 18 2010 08:54 GMT
#248
i <3 team liquid
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 09:15:01
July 18 2010 09:14 GMT
#249
search up starcraft questions and the exact same questions come on google search from this forum
EDIT: Oh yeah and TLPD as well
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Mooncat
Profile Joined October 2007
Germany1228 Posts
July 18 2010 09:33 GMT
#250
No idea... it's been too long.
"[Lee Young Ho] With this victory, you’ve risen to Bonjwa status."
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
July 18 2010 09:37 GMT
#251
TASTELESS TOLD ME IN GOM!!!!
<3333333 YOU TASTELESS!!!
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
KingFool
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada428 Posts
July 18 2010 10:03 GMT
#252
I remember talking to my friend about Grrrr... being better than boxer, way the hell back in the day, and somehow tl.net came up later in the convo.
Stimin myself on a daily basis
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
July 18 2010 10:19 GMT
#253
I was looking to buy a potato chip machine, and google told me this was the place to find the answer.
I <3 서지훈
Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
July 18 2010 10:44 GMT
#254
I first heard about you guys on another forum lol.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
Nesto
Profile Joined November 2009
Switzerland1318 Posts
July 18 2010 11:16 GMT
#255
TL was mentioned in a Cholera/Rise commentary.
So I got here..
africkinpenguin
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom25 Posts
July 18 2010 11:24 GMT
#256
+1 for Taseless from gom tv!
Piski
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Finland3461 Posts
July 18 2010 11:52 GMT
#257
I don't even rember anymore. It was somekind of event long long time ago. I guess I just wandered here by accident and never left
UltraVires
Profile Joined April 2010
United States241 Posts
July 18 2010 13:03 GMT
#258
Other: People kept talking about elitist TL fags on bnet forums, so I googled TL and was very pleased to find this site
Obscure
Profile Joined July 2008
United States272 Posts
July 18 2010 13:27 GMT
#259
Pretty sure it was a search engine, but it's hard to remember. I just know I started lurking the site back in 2002 and used it to follow the pro scene. By 2003 I wasn't really playing much SC anymore and stopped visiting. Eventually came back in 2006 and started to lurk again until I decided to make an account a couple years ago.
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge" - Daniel J. Boorstin
SteffoDeffo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany48 Posts
July 18 2010 13:47 GMT
#260
heard of TL when i watched ESL TV a few years ago. there was a comunity spacial and they told the newbs where they can find the gosus^^
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 296
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6066
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3395
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt555
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor199
Livibee193
C9.Mang0140
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 80
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2304
Other Games
• imaqtpie757
• Shiphtur686
• tFFMrPink 5
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.