• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9222 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 14

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 23 Next All
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
July 18 2010 13:50 GMT
#261
some guys from the swiss gaming community told me
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
July 18 2010 14:17 GMT
#262
I don't remember it at all (my original ID has it's registration date at 2008, I think?) I voted Search engine though, as I can see myself going:

Korean "Hmm, actually I wonder how well off Starcraft is in English regions. *click* whooooa" or something like that.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Polarn
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway96 Posts
July 18 2010 14:29 GMT
#263
Friend got me started playing on iccup, and after a while TL was the natural place to turn to for SC-related help!
ABC // ÆØÅ
city42
Profile Joined October 2007
1656 Posts
July 18 2010 14:31 GMT
#264
Liquibition created a buzz on battle.net and on the WGT site, so it was hard not to know about teamliquid back then. I didn't register until the "Who is mensrea?" poll was out (Feb. '03), though.
Deleted User 39582
Profile Joined August 2008
317 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 14:36:37
July 18 2010 14:32 GMT
#265
Tasteless on GomTV

now that I think about it, I first found out about TL through a post about JianFei on Pure Pwnage.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 18 2010 14:37 GMT
#266
On July 17 2010 11:28 Grobyc wrote:
Other: An online friend told me. He didn't outright just tell me about it though, when I asked him questions he would often give me links to TL strat forum threads.


Somewhat similar. I put website link, but really I found TL through playing SC with a multigaming community that my dad was a semi-admin of.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
404.Delirium
Profile Joined May 2008
United States1190 Posts
July 18 2010 14:53 GMT
#267
Many many years ago when I would google for "Starcraft Strategies". I remember the only MIR posts I saw were frozen arbiter so I assumed he was owner of the site. Then I drifted from sc s bit and when I came back I made an account
seriously next disrespectful comment in this blog is ip ban. Be happy or get the hell out. // SC2 is like playing with neutral-colored Play-Doh while BW is like colorful Legos.
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
July 18 2010 15:55 GMT
#268
youtube > violetak > people keep mentioning TL in the comments.
go KHAN! TBLS <3
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
July 18 2010 17:03 GMT
#269
I think Option or Psylo told me about the site many years ago. I am #188 i berlive to sign up wooot!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
July 18 2010 18:20 GMT
#270
I found TL through GosuGamers but, because TL didn't cover WC3, I didn't move to TL until SC2 beta started.
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
July 18 2010 18:21 GMT
#271
On July 17 2010 16:24 Scorch wrote:
I first found GosuGamers via Google and joined up. On their forums, they mentioned Teamliquid often in various contexts. Just about everyone held a grudge against sucky TL and its stupid, power-hungry mods because they were banned. "Unfairly" of course. One day I collected the courage to venture to the dangerous and mysterious realm of Teamliquid anyway. I completely abandoned GosuGamers soon after.


This.
Baksteen
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Netherlands438 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 18:36:57
July 18 2010 18:36 GMT
#272
I read somewhere about nazgul being a great SC:BW player and somehow ended up here. Not sure how that relates though. Is that google or TL event / player. I voted for the last
Derp Derp Derp
Glider
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1353 Posts
July 18 2010 18:41 GMT
#273
where's the too-long-ago-to-remember option?
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
July 18 2010 18:48 GMT
#274
youtube -> nevake -> teamliquid
[TLMS] REBOOT
theshin2007
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States133 Posts
July 18 2010 18:56 GMT
#275
It was mentioned from one of Husky or Hd's videos.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
July 18 2010 20:23 GMT
#276
I searched for starcraft strategies and ended up here.
Ancient.TL
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania37 Posts
July 18 2010 20:49 GMT
#277
When Tasteless talked about it during the GOMTV Invitational.
Xerrea
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark41 Posts
July 18 2010 20:53 GMT
#278
Other:

James "2GD" Harding told about this awesome starcraft site where you could watch some Sc2 streams if you didn't allready have the beta key.
blue_arrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1971 Posts
July 18 2010 22:21 GMT
#279
Was googling up who the best current sc player was when i stumbled upon the power rank, at the time it was bisu =) who had recently raped savior; sadly, the moment he became my favorite player he began slumping =p
| MLIA | the weather sucks dick here
Pippah
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark359 Posts
July 18 2010 22:25 GMT
#280
Other:
klazart on youtube ---> sc2gg ---> TL
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.