• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:32
CEST 16:32
KST 23:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8625 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 15

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 23 Next All
RoyW
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Ireland270 Posts
July 18 2010 22:50 GMT
#281
Jan 2008, saw a link on SA to gom invitational. watched all of those games, enthralled. I had never seen starcraft before.

Watched random youtube english casts, and one of the commentators mentioned TL. Lurked here, following the Korean leagues, and eventually created an account earlier this year.
Dugrok
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada377 Posts
July 18 2010 23:01 GMT
#282
Back in the Brood War days some clan members told me about all the great discussion going on these boards. Being the newb that I was back then, I was a long-time lurker but never posted. I then played Starcraft less over the next couple of years (2006-2009) and only started coming back here when the SC2 beta was announced. I decided that this time around, I should start posting, at least a little.
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
July 18 2010 23:14 GMT
#283
you know, looking back i haven't the slightest idea, so "other" then.
Humbug
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States264 Posts
July 18 2010 23:20 GMT
#284
I can't find it, but there was a video of some old MSL event and then the camera panned on a white guy holding up a sign saying "me gosu ^_^ teamliquid.net" and then I checked out the site and well, here I am :<
What is an angel? Show me an angel and I shall paint one
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
July 18 2010 23:23 GMT
#285
On July 17 2010 11:13 GTR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2010 11:08 DanceCommander wrote:
On July 17 2010 11:08 3 Lions wrote:
Somehow through Gosugamers, I don't remember exactly.
How ironic =/

LOL ME TOO


Me three! Except it was through their old name StarcraftGamers.... funnily enough I used to work for.


same except it was just ggnet. crazy days.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Phil4994
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States143 Posts
July 18 2010 23:25 GMT
#286
My brother played a lot of Starcraft BW and I always saw him on TL when I was young. I remembered it when I started playing SC2 Beta and here I am
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-18 23:43:26
July 18 2010 23:43 GMT
#287
nortydog told me about it
that kid is the bomb
Oh no
Neroin
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany173 Posts
July 18 2010 23:44 GMT
#288
I found chill's zerg guide on instarcraft.de and searched the web for more of it because it helped me a lot. so I found this website with a broodwar strategy subforum which had a lot of interesting stuff in it and that's how I found the most awesome website ever...
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
July 18 2010 23:50 GMT
#289
GSI. through tasteless.
Woo Jung Ho
alexpnd
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1857 Posts
July 19 2010 00:12 GMT
#290
via staredit.net, that led to boxer, proleague and iccup. Thanks!
www.brainyweb.ca //web stuff!
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
July 19 2010 01:04 GMT
#291
My friend DeuS
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
MeyerA
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Sweden125 Posts
July 19 2010 01:23 GMT
#292
picked other, an old clanmate told me about tl :p
hi19hi19
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States163 Posts
July 19 2010 01:27 GMT
#293
Moletrap.
jeddus
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States832 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-19 01:59:54
July 19 2010 01:51 GMT
#294
Link to a nal ra highlight video posted on sclegacy forum circa 2004.

Actually, I think it was on the Team Areola website.
sex appeal
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 19 2010 02:22 GMT
#295
i have no idea actually. it's been almost 7 years since i started visiting this site -.-
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
July 19 2010 02:24 GMT
#296
I voted website link, but it was also through YouTube (link on nevake channel).
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-19 02:51:05
July 19 2010 02:49 GMT
#297
I've used gosugamers.net for 2 years, and always found that a lot of users are retarded, especially in the news comments. The forum structure and interface is terrible. I remember browsing TL a few times because a friend told me it was good, but I tought wtf this website is so ugly, and kept using gg.net for a while.

Then I realized how good TL was, how perfect was the korean pro-scene coverage, how I could browse TLPD for hours, and how people on TL were a lot smarter. I admit I don't like SC2 and the thousands of new forums users, but I still love TL, and I love to read LRs while I'm in office (even if SuperArc is constantly spamming pro-CJ bullshit haha)

PS : I love the new stuffs to hide/show forums. Thanks coders !
ॐ
Mr.Ch4rms
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada84 Posts
July 19 2010 02:58 GMT
#298
Nick Tastless Plot doing a ninja URL plug like he does so well, and I was like OMG TL.net is made of win.
thats it stroke me clover
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
July 19 2010 03:09 GMT
#299
I have no idea how I ended up here
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
July 19 2010 03:17 GMT
#300
On July 19 2010 12:09 cgrinker wrote:
I have no idea how I ended up here

Plexa + chloroform probably. Happens pretty often.
Administrator
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 95
Codebar 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63287
Bisu 3104
FanTaSy 1185
Stork 743
Rush 558
hero 253
Snow 227
firebathero 200
Mind 104
Free 84
[ Show more ]
Last 75
Sexy 64
Sea.KH 63
Pusan 57
Sharp 57
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 33
Bale 28
Mong 25
Hm[arnc] 23
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 20
Rock 19
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9058
Dendi917
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
singsing2701
fl0m2388
Liquid`RaSZi1328
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt622
Mlord409
Happy367
Khaldor333
KnowMe263
Hui .201
crisheroes191
olofmeister183
Chillindude68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• Nemesis4226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1322
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
OSC
8h 28m
Replay Cast
8h 28m
OSC
21h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.