• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:32
CEST 01:32
KST 08:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8665 users

Power Rank 04/04/2010

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 30 31 32 Next All
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-03 18:12:19
April 03 2010 18:11 GMT
#1
CBNC (more like players who have shown promise, but are still losing way too much):

ForGG/Jangbi. Both did respectably in WL and have made it into the OSL/MSL respectively. They have the potential to do well this season since both of them are starting to return to form after a long slump. Time will tell if that actually transpires.

Alright, tear me to shreds for putting Jaedong at 4.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
L.
Profile Joined January 2010
2 Posts
April 03 2010 18:14 GMT
#2
THIS IS NOT LOL
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 03 2010 18:18 GMT
#3
There's a typo in Sea's descriptions:
So why is Sea about Jaedong?
should be
So why is Sea above Jaedong?
Moderator
Tapioca Weasel
Profile Joined January 2010
81 Posts
April 03 2010 18:25 GMT
#4
I love the way you describe it as Jaedongs box like he inhabits it and makes it his home.
I want to see July and Reach fight. Like with fists.
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
April 03 2010 18:26 GMT
#5
I dont think anyone should mind JD's low spot this month. His ZvT has been abysmal and quite bad this month(heck even killer showed stronger ZvT in his game vs Light). Sea and Light have been playing really strong and deserve their spots. However, these are courtesy undeserved monthly spots, and they generally drop out pretty quickly every time this was done in the PR. I appreciate that you realize this and that you even mention it.
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 03 2010 18:27 GMT
#6
I really enjoyed reading this month's Power Ranking, Plexa, and I agree with you fully on that. In particular, I like the way you describe Jaedong's situation... I guess a lot of us are still hopeful for the Tyrant.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
April 03 2010 18:30 GMT
#7
Great PR .
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
theonemephisto
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States409 Posts
April 03 2010 18:32 GMT
#8
Enteritis isn't really a long-term health thing is it? I was under the impression that it was a <1 week type of thing.
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-03 18:35:21
April 03 2010 18:35 GMT
#9
Evidence that (T)Light should be number 2 haha:

Q: You were a big part of the win today by beating (T)Light

(P)Violet: Although I only took out 1 player, I believe that he is worth about 3 players. I’m trying to make myself feel better that way (laughs). Honestly, I wanted (Z)HoeJJa to beat him before coming here today. I didn’t have enough confidence and I wasn’t confident in my skills as well, but once I stepped onto the stage, I wanted to play. I want to beat a strong player. If I can just recall that moment, I think I can do well in future games as well. I’ll practice hard.
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
lowbright
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
308 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-03 18:52:32
April 03 2010 18:49 GMT
#10
I can tell that you wrote this pretty quickly and it's rather good.
I totally agree with the rankings and I and I am very happy to see so many Terrans taking up the top spots.

You spelled Woongjin wrong in Kal, Kwanro and Free's description.

But you're totally right about Jaedong, he's been looking off form lately and I am hoping to see him regain his health soon.
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #49
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
April 03 2010 18:58 GMT
#11
Fair ranking I'd say.
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
April 03 2010 19:03 GMT
#12
Just wondering why you didnt think Movie was good enough for cbnc?
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-03 19:11:38
April 03 2010 19:09 GMT
#13
I beleive both Sea and Light would be able to take on Jaedong in his current form and win convincingly.


Where? a single game in proleague or a best of five in an individual league?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
April 03 2010 19:11 GMT
#14
I agree with all the placements pretty much. Not sure about Kwanro but on the other hand it is hard to think about anyone who could take his spot. In the second half of March there were just too few games played...
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 03 2010 19:12 GMT
#15
So the decision to rank Light/Sea > Jaedong is because Jaedong is likely to have a worse April than those two?
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
vaMpYr
Profile Joined July 2009
France119 Posts
April 03 2010 19:16 GMT
#16
light really dont deserve so high rank . my god ..
sea is better than light for sure and easy .
kal should be higher , same for baby .
jaedong spot is discutable , he played beautiful level against Roro and hyuk .


"Flash is accomplishing what Jaedong could not - he is removing any doubt what so ever that he is the best. "

THIS is very unfair to jaedong .

the accomplishements of jaedong are differents from flash , but not weaker .
he manage to win 3 2 from 0 2 in a OSL final against the top terran at the time and this terran had an invincible strategy against zerg .
he manage to win flash during his top form dont care of the poweroutage thing .
he has the crasiest , the more unreal record in SC history . he had 80% ratio in zvz , THE match up which its the most difficult to do it .
he had more titles than flash , ( more OSLs , more MSLs , WCG , seoul esport festival .. )
he has really good stats on proleague since 2006 . i dont think flash has better stats on proleague overall .

flash IS the best right now , there is no doubt about that . but saying that he has become better than jaedong could ever be is really really unfair to jaedong .
jaedong > flash in OSLs ; jaedong > flash in MSLs ; jaedong > flash in WCGs ; jaedong > flash in proleagues . what else ? NESPRESSO ( old quote =( )
Ambergris_sTarTer
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines166 Posts
April 03 2010 19:39 GMT
#17
So good to be true. but Leta... you make me cry as a KT Fan
If there would be a proleague in the Philippines, we from Ambergris will take it!
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
April 03 2010 19:41 GMT
#18
It's amazing that sea and light are #3/2 respectively, and even more amazing that I agree with it.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
April 03 2010 20:29 GMT
#19
Nice PR. What I would like to see is a comment about Hwasin in CBNC or I would have loved seeing him on the rank.

Both the facts but also the "spirit" count for him. Facts are that he's a dual leaguer, having already passed his Ro32 group in the MSL: So he's Ro16 in the MSL and won against Movie in a good match in OSL Ro16. The spirit thing is that I feel Hwasin is doing something different this season - I cannot quite put my finger on it, but there seems to be more determination than usual.

So, what do you think?
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
o[twist]
Profile Joined May 2008
United States4903 Posts
April 03 2010 20:30 GMT
#20
Sea way too high, sorry
add Hwasin to CNBC, he is killing in individual leagues. might even replace Leta with him much as i love Leta
1 2 3 4 5 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings54
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 973
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
Doublelift5226
JimRising 728
Other Games
summit1g8784
FrodaN3213
KnowMe193
C9.Mang0150
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1008
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 28m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 28m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 28m
Replay Cast
23h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.