• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:40
CEST 14:40
KST 21:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13435 users

Team Liquid's Dota 2 Awards 2012 - Page 8

Forum Index > News
255 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
January 15 2013 23:47 GMT
#141
That, Roshan Bait got me out of my seat. No Tidehunter is gunna slap some face in 2013
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
LDdota
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-16 00:16:38
January 16 2013 00:14 GMT
#142
Aww shucks, thanks everyone. I never expected people would actually like my casting when I started about a year ago; I just decided to try my hand at it because I thought it would be fun and entertaining for my close friends. If you want a good laugh, check out how awful I was when I first started . I know I still have tons of room for improvement, and I'll be busting my ass this year to get there!
luckycat
Profile Joined September 2012
United States51 Posts
January 16 2013 00:25 GMT
#143
I can agree with most of the winners

but you guys forgot to add, cat of the year award: El Gato
& Teacher of the year: Luminous Inverse GG 2012
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
January 16 2013 00:50 GMT
#144
All deserved!. Was a great read.
Bart
Profile Joined November 2010
494 Posts
January 16 2013 00:55 GMT
#145
Very nice. I just realised that i've made the full transition from SC2 to Dota2 when I opened the SC2 awards thread but didn't read it but i read every word in this awards thread.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | Fan of: MKP, Select, MC, Kripp, Purge, JP, Qpad Red Pandas
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
January 16 2013 01:09 GMT
#146
Great article. Agreed for the majority of categories. Kinda sad Ars-art lost in the Best Support category though.

Gratz to LD too for winning Caster of the Year.
I know where my towel is.
PureWise
Profile Joined January 2013
Australia5 Posts
January 16 2013 01:10 GMT
#147
Complete congratulations to LD and the rest of Beyond the Summit, especially for all the work they do for the what I understand to be, little money reward and it can't be easy with a cat calling the shots.

Also the Bait, just brilliant idea by s4 and Eternal Envy and well pulled of by Nth, although I find it hard to that it wasn't tied with that Na'Vi play against iG, for best plays of the year. They were both so well executed with one showing good pinch hitting and reactions and the other displaying the tactical minds of the up and coming Euro team

Making the big ones
Brindled
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States508 Posts
January 16 2013 01:28 GMT
#148
Awww shucks, Morphling just lost it. Grats to Dark Seer!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono @TL_Brindled11
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
January 16 2013 01:30 GMT
#149
i still think The Play is the best moment i've ever seen in DOTA2, especially considering the background story of this.

Yes it may have been a fail by iG, but you can't deny its the single most epic moment in DOTA 2 this year. The NTH Roshan bait isn't something new, just that it was used in a major LAN.

I agree with the rest.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Enzymatic
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1301 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-16 01:41:34
January 16 2013 01:40 GMT
#150
I dunno if I'd really call EternalEnvy a "Breakout-player" due to the fact that he was actually quite known in the professional HoN scene before dota 2 was even out.

Aside from that... Loving this post
"Who hired this awful fountain gunner? He can't hit shit." - Yiss
EHOME
Profile Joined August 2012
Ukraine98 Posts
January 16 2013 01:44 GMT
#151
navi top1
Mikey
Profile Joined January 2011
United States277 Posts
January 16 2013 01:59 GMT
#152
On January 16 2013 01:42 zul wrote:
I`m kinda ok with almost every position besides "most charismatic Team runner up: coL"

By now I almost forgot about the fact coL even had a team once. I know they played good during their existence, but thats it. mouz (old and new), EG, fnatic, nth or empire would have been a better pick, since they cause more emotions when hearing their names.

Could that possibly be because you don't know about the complexity story? a team of basically nobodies coming together being one of if not the most dominant team for at least 3-5 months of the year. Going on an amazing 25-0 win stream when they first hit the scene beating any team in their path. Being the first team to break the stereotype of 'american team disband'.
Please watch my DotA2 Stream: www.twitch.tv/Mikey -- Member of Team Quantic's DotA2 division :) !
Elasticity
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
3420 Posts
January 16 2013 02:05 GMT
#153
there is no way the roshan bait is on top of the play. Same with the LGD game, The Play has way more impact than the bait. It's versus iG, a team who was considered the best (before they actually proved they are) and NaVi just beat the hell out of the perfect combo DS Naga from iG. I gotta disagree with that one
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-16 02:25:57
January 16 2013 02:17 GMT
#154
On January 16 2013 10:59 Mikey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2013 01:42 zul wrote:
I`m kinda ok with almost every position besides "most charismatic Team runner up: coL"

By now I almost forgot about the fact coL even had a team once. I know they played good during their existence, but thats it. mouz (old and new), EG, fnatic, nth or empire would have been a better pick, since they cause more emotions when hearing their names.

Could that possibly be because you don't know about the complexity story? a team of basically nobodies coming together being one of if not the most dominant team for at least 3-5 months of the year. Going on an amazing 25-0 win stream when they first hit the scene beating any team in their path. Being the first team to break the stereotype of 'american team disband'.
I remember FIRE more than coL, coL had little to no identity before TI2. And they were still far from 'charismatic'. Few people knew about the actual players before TI2 at all.

If we're going purely by the definition of charismatic, Mouz(summer line-up) is the only team near Na'Vi. They are the only team that had personalities which rise above the team itself. If coL was shit, no one would care about them. While Sing, Bamboe, Black, CWM, Kuro, they're all memorable.
Once you Goblak...
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
January 16 2013 02:20 GMT
#155
Love this. I had a feeling PGG Black Holes would be biggest anti-play.
Really great write-up/coverage guys, big props to all involved.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
January 16 2013 02:26 GMT
#156
Good job team great article.
One suggestion, maybe have an award for best suicide laners? *cough* YYF *cough*
Arcadia92
Profile Joined October 2012
135 Posts
January 16 2013 02:28 GMT
#157
On January 16 2013 11:17 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2013 10:59 Mikey wrote:
On January 16 2013 01:42 zul wrote:
I`m kinda ok with almost every position besides "most charismatic Team runner up: coL"

By now I almost forgot about the fact coL even had a team once. I know they played good during their existence, but thats it. mouz (old and new), EG, fnatic, nth or empire would have been a better pick, since they cause more emotions when hearing their names.

Could that possibly be because you don't know about the complexity story? a team of basically nobodies coming together being one of if not the most dominant team for at least 3-5 months of the year. Going on an amazing 25-0 win stream when they first hit the scene beating any team in their path. Being the first team to break the stereotype of 'american team disband'.
I remember FIRE more than coL, coL had little to no identity before TI2. And they were still far from 'charismatic'. Few people knew about the actual players before TI2 at all.

If we're going purely by the definition of charismatic, Mouz(summer line-up) is the only team near Na'Vi. They are the only team that had personalities which rise above the team itself. If coL was shit, no one would care about them. While Sing, Bamboe, Black, CWM, Kuro, they're all memorable.


What? FIRE is coL.
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
January 16 2013 02:33 GMT
#158
Fuck YES DOTA <3
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
January 16 2013 02:52 GMT
#159
On January 16 2013 09:14 ldDOTA wrote:
Aww shucks, thanks everyone. I never expected people would actually like my casting when I started about a year ago; I just decided to try my hand at it because I thought it would be fun and entertaining for my close friends. If you want a good laugh, check out how awful I was when I first started . I know I still have tons of room for improvement, and I'll be busting my ass this year to get there!

You mean you didn't consider what you were already doing busting your ass?

Oh boy.
Writer
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-16 03:01:21
January 16 2013 03:00 GMT
#160
On January 16 2013 11:28 Arcadia92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2013 11:17 teapoted wrote:
On January 16 2013 10:59 Mikey wrote:
On January 16 2013 01:42 zul wrote:
I`m kinda ok with almost every position besides "most charismatic Team runner up: coL"

By now I almost forgot about the fact coL even had a team once. I know they played good during their existence, but thats it. mouz (old and new), EG, fnatic, nth or empire would have been a better pick, since they cause more emotions when hearing their names.

Could that possibly be because you don't know about the complexity story? a team of basically nobodies coming together being one of if not the most dominant team for at least 3-5 months of the year. Going on an amazing 25-0 win stream when they first hit the scene beating any team in their path. Being the first team to break the stereotype of 'american team disband'.
I remember FIRE more than coL, coL had little to no identity before TI2. And they were still far from 'charismatic'. Few people knew about the actual players before TI2 at all.

If we're going purely by the definition of charismatic, Mouz(summer line-up) is the only team near Na'Vi. They are the only team that had personalities which rise above the team itself. If coL was shit, no one would care about them. While Sing, Bamboe, Black, CWM, Kuro, they're all memorable.


What? FIRE is coL.
I know. My point was that when they were new and unsponsored they were interesting and memorable, as coL they were pretty invisible for most of the year. And I say that as someone who thought coL would do better than Na'Vi at TI2. They were good, but charismatic, not at all.
Once you Goblak...
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings121
CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko315
SHIN 198
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37789
Bisu 1705
Hyuk 1618
Shuttle 1397
EffOrt 413
Mind 322
Larva 321
firebathero 261
Mini 250
Soma 198
[ Show more ]
ZerO 171
Last 146
Hm[arnc] 99
Leta 90
Zeus 76
Pusan 60
hero 56
Hyun 52
Killer 45
Sexy 42
Trap 40
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 26
Aegong 25
sorry 20
zelot 19
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 10
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2915
qojqva1542
Dendi1101
XaKoH 404
XcaliburYe390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1543
crisheroes368
Other Games
gofns35064
singsing2618
B2W.Neo1029
Happy290
DeMusliM246
ToD125
Livibee124
Mew2King102
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8995
League of Legends
• Jankos1652
Other Games
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 20m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 20m
INu's Battles
23h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.