• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11154 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 84

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 117 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 07 2012 11:54 GMT
#1661
Truly a great story. Congratulations on all your successes and best of luck Jinro.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
August 07 2012 11:56 GMT
#1662
TT
good luck jinro, you were my first sc2 hero.
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
August 07 2012 11:58 GMT
#1663
Good luck Jinro take care man
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
SLTR.Maverick
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada142 Posts
August 07 2012 11:59 GMT
#1664
<3 Jinro
[S]laughter Gaming
BoBoForce
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada27 Posts
August 07 2012 12:00 GMT
#1665
Good luck in your future endeavors Jinro! I'll always remember those sick GSL runs
HuK, HayprO, ThorZaIN, NonY hwaiting!
Lizarb
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark307 Posts
August 07 2012 12:00 GMT
#1666
Good luck with whatever you decide on doing in the future Jonathan!

Only thing I know is that I know nothing.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
August 07 2012 12:01 GMT
#1667
Good luck Jinro, thanks for all the amazing games a true foreigner legend!
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Yosi
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland49 Posts
August 07 2012 12:01 GMT
#1668
Jinro Good Luck in your Life i wish you best!
Najebani do domu!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 12:05:20
August 07 2012 12:03 GMT
#1669
On August 07 2012 20:44 Dazu wrote:
Jinro! I remember back in the beta and early Starcraft i was a little bronze zerg player watching your games, so excited for my fellow Swede to do so good among the Koreans who were so far away and scary back then. But you won against them, crushed them hard, it gave me so much inspiration to play SC2, i later switched to terran because of it, and i have always been watching your stream cheering you on, even though you did not always post the best results i loved following your career and your play.

You may not think much about this, but for many of your fans, you will truly be remembered as an amazing player and a great personality that was loved in the community! For me it did not really matter if you won a tournament or not, even though i always wanted you to win i just wanted to see you play! I think that's what people forget about the game, its not just all about who wins a certain tournament, when you find a player you really like and follow it sticks with you a long time, and you will truly be missed.

If you are leaving Starcraft, then leave with pride! From being one of the first Swedes to get so far in Korea, to your GSL results and winning a MLG. Keep your head up and good luck in poker!

Jinro HWAITING!

I think that's the root of the problem; the inability to see the game as anything beyond a measure of worth based on winning/losing.

When you -- and others -- say something like "the results didn't matter that much, just wanted to see the games", I recognize it as something I've felt when watching other sports (like MMA or BW), but it's alien to my mind about SC2. Like I think the first thought I had when reading that was "But whats the point if I dont win?".

Anyway, I think that's a pretty good illustration of one of the main problems I've had with SC2 in the past year, having all the fun sandblastered off the game until you were left with a win/loss worth measuring machine.

On August 07 2012 20:44 juicy wrote:
Show nested quote +
To some of you, this comes as a surprise. To some of you, it does not. The latter group will say: "Just look at his results, of course he's retiring." The latter group is right to not be surprised, but they are wrong about why.


Not so sure about this, I mean if he had been winning tournaments it's not like he'd be leaving. Quite expected, sad to see him go but players committing their lives to this game simply need results to keep going.

Best of luck in poker Jinro.

Oh you are completely right, if I was winning GSLs I'd tough it out What I wanted to be taken from this was that if I still enjoyed the game, I would still try. I kinda hinted at this later in the piece when I mentioned NaDa carrying on past the point of pure enjoyment and how I am not on his level, making it not worthwhile for me.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
objeCt
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden177 Posts
August 07 2012 12:03 GMT
#1670
i never would have started playing sc2 if it wasn't for jinro. i think its sad youre leaving but i hope youll find a new passion and dream. thank you for the good times in gsl and your stream loved every minute :'(
Athar
Profile Joined June 2009
Denmark27 Posts
August 07 2012 12:05 GMT
#1671
I was sad to read this, I've enjoyed many of your games and was so excited when you made it deep into the GSL. But when you think it's the right thing for you to do, all I can do is wish you the best of luck in your future.
DanTheDon
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway3 Posts
August 07 2012 12:07 GMT
#1672
Gl and all the best too u Jinro....
Banlings banlings banlings ooooo :) :P
MidKnight
Profile Joined December 2008
Lithuania884 Posts
August 07 2012 12:09 GMT
#1673
I wasn't even following SC2 too much, but your runs in GSL were really inspiring and awesome.
Good luck, mate.
Apocalyptic
Profile Joined July 2010
United States131 Posts
August 07 2012 12:11 GMT
#1674
Jinro - thanks for all the good times When you dropped out of Code S SC2 faded for me. This retirement letter was beautifully written - it evoked some strong emotions. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endevours.
"Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything but they still manage to bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
shawty
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom294 Posts
August 07 2012 12:12 GMT
#1675
Emotional stuff. I hope you find in poker what you say you were missing in sc
FaDeTermite
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia2 Posts
August 07 2012 12:13 GMT
#1676
All the best JINRO in the future, you will always be my favorite pro-gamer!!! will be missed greatly!
HououinKyouma
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia152 Posts
August 07 2012 12:14 GMT
#1677
just wait until HoTs or Lov gets released. Jinro will have to come back for that right?please, anyone? please liquid make him change his mind once blizzard makes enough protoss nerfs to satisfy jinro so he comes back
Terran Dream Team | TaeJa | INnoVation | Maru | TY| Cure | Maru again
GayFish01
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden1 Post
August 07 2012 12:15 GMT
#1678
Lycka till i framtiden Jonathan!
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
August 07 2012 12:16 GMT
#1679
Very sad to hear this but wish you all the best in future Jinro, I hope all goes well in Poker for you and whatever else you choose to do!
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Traven
Profile Joined March 2011
United States160 Posts
August 07 2012 12:17 GMT
#1680
I remember when I first got into the SC2 scene. My college friend dragged me to go watch a SC2 match with him and another friend. He told me "We are going to watch a foreigner play in the biggest SC2 event in the world." I didn't know what that meant until I watched and saw that everyone else, besides Idra, were Koreans. The first match I ever saw played was your games vs MC, and even though I had no idea what was going on, I rooted for you because you were the underdog. I then started following the scene myself because I was so interested in the game after watching you. I watched your match vs Idra after that where the marine slipped into the bunker with only five health left and that won you the game.f I have always rooted for you Jinro, not because you were the best but because you are the one who got me interested in something I probably would have never been interested in if I had found a match of two Koreans playing. Thank you so much and good luck in the future. You know the whole community will keep up with you and watch how you progress with Poker in the future.
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 402
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38139
Calm 7285
Bisu 2487
Rain 1431
Jaedong 1036
Horang2 605
BeSt 572
Rush 412
Soma 385
Larva 335
[ Show more ]
Stork 323
Light 281
Zeus 193
ZerO 190
Snow 172
Mind 137
Free 107
910 103
Barracks 82
Killer 60
Sea.KH 50
Mong 48
Hyun 45
Shinee 35
Trap 32
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 28
Pusan 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Rock 20
Aegong 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes488
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo774
hiko482
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
djWHEAT112
RotterdaM91
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
ToD58
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.